Pregnant in the 75th

By little-duck

What if Katniss really was pregnant going up to the quarter quell? Just my take in what could have happened... More

1. Life in twelve
2. I almost thought it was real
3. Train ride antics
4. Consequences
5. Distress in the districts
6. Blunt words
7. Nightmares
8. Fixed
9. Together for the first time
10. A real shower this time
11. Good old sisterly catch up
12. Are you ready for this?
13. Presidential Palace
14. Drinking partner
15. Positive
16. Messing around
17. Existing pool of victors
Authors note please read :)
18. He lives, not me
19. Ask me to die
20. Take the hints
21. Understanding
22. In our own right
23. Not so secret
24. Our toasting
25. Childish events
26. Reassurance
27. Tribute
28. Disclosing information
29. Fighting
30. Check up
Note from moi...
31. Tributes Ready?
32. Always
33. Training
Authors note ... Again
34. Fiesty actions
36. Interviews
37. An unexpected visitor
38. Problems
39. Tokens
40.

35. Decisions

4K 168 36
By little-duck

Peeta's POV

Walking back into the living quarters Haymitch follows storming after me, "what were you thinking boy?! They could have killed you!"

"Nothing new there is there Haymitch? What's the difference to being killed now than in two days time in the arena?" I say pulling my arm from within his grasp.

"The difference being, boy. If you plan on helping Katniss you need to start booking your ideas up!"

"It's just... It just... Urgh!" I give up trying to explain and throw myself down onto the chair. "What help can I be anyway? Everyone knows it was her that got us out that arena last year. All I did was managed to lose my leg."

"You've worked past that son. Was all that training for nothing? You can do this," Haymitch says squeezing my shoulder slightly, "I'll get you guys through this... Again!" He says nudging me slightly and I can't help but laugh.

"Thanks Haymitch."

"Now go one and get that paint off you otherwise Portia and your team may just kill the both of us. Or worse... Pluck us to death," he says trying to contain his laughter.

"Yeah that might be a plan..." I say looking down at my paint covered arms and shrug my shoulders, "hey I was in a  rush!" Haymitch doesn't bother to ask me why I did or why I painted he just left me to it.

After taking a long shower to calm me down I wrap a towel around my waist and walk into my room to did my clothes laid out on the bed with a note on.

"Peeta,

President Snow has decided Katniss is to wear what would have been her wedding dress so here is your matching suit. Other than that you're good to go. When you are ready come downstairs to the training floor. Walk down the corridor away from the training room and we will be in the room at the far end on the right helping Katniss.

Portia.

Ps. Cinna wants to speak to you when you get here

Xxx"

Picking up the suit it's pretty plain by Capitol standards. A suit and shirt both bright white, the shirt has high neck and two gold tips that poke out of the collar as well as thick gold bands across the cuffs. I even have white shoes to match. I put the outfit on and find a gold handkerchief to put in the jacket pocket, apparently gold and white is there theming. Taking a look in the mirror I swipe my hair over to one side and adjust my collar slightly. "Well it's now or never Peeta." I sigh before walking out of the room.

I reach the door Portia talked about in her note before tapping on it slightly and going to walk in. "Knock knock..." I say walking into the room. It's completely empty other than a few chairs and a television but on the other side of the room is a black cloth draped across what looks like an opening. "Hello?" I call as I pull back the cloth to walk through but am quickly ushered away.

"Oh no no no! You can't come in yet it's bad luck!" Effie says ushering me back out the door, "you can't see the bride in her wedding dress it's bad luck Peeta!"

"It's hardly like we'll be married now Effie," I sigh. I mean sure we had our toasting but it's not exactly what I had planned. Well at least we got something I suppose.

"I'm sorry Peeta. But just let us finish up with her first then in that case. When she's already you can come in?" She says an I just nod in reply. "Ok good." He says before giving me a quick hug, "you look handsome Peeta," she says stepping back but goes to fix my collar, "but this just needs a little... Ah ha all better." I can't help but laugh slightly at her needing it all to be perfect.

"Oh Effie!" I say as she turns to walk back, "Portia said Cinna wanted to speak to me. Could you please tell him I'm here?"

"Of course Peeta. I'll get him now," she says squeezing my hand effort going back through into the other room.

I start walking back and forth across the room pacing as I wonder what Cinna wants but I don't have to wait long as he walks into the room, "Peeta," he calls.

"Cinna." I answer.

"You all ready for this interview?" He asks looking genuinely concerned.

"As much as I can be," I shrug not wanting to let on I have absolutely no clue.

"Look Peeta I need to talk to you. It's about Katniss."

"What is it what's wrong?!" I say going in to panic.

"Nothing she's fine. It's just that if they give her something tight to wear in that arena there's nothing I can do to help hide her bump. It will be on show for everyone to see. I just thought ... Maybe it's best coming from you. You might save her that way. There's a chance they won't send her in there in her state. It's only a maybe, but you have to know once she's in that arena there's nothing I can do to help cover for her any longer."

"Thank you Cinna. I have to give it a try." I say and he nods in agreement.

"Good luck," he says squeezing my shoulder before returning to Katniss. I will protect her in any means necessary. Even if it means our secret is well... Not so secret.

I'm startled by the almost deafening sound of cheers and spin around to where it is coming from. The show must have started. Walking over to a chair on the other side of the room I sit down and watch the show on the television.

Caesar walks onto the stage accepting the applause and excited cries of the crowds as he introduces his show, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for being here tonight! On the eve of the 75th Hunger Games!" The audience erupts into claps before he ha a chance to continue. "We have never seen anything like this, and we will never see anything like it again. Because tonight, on this stage, twenty-four of Panem's brightest stars will prepare for the ultimate crown. Tonight will be their final opportunity to express their thoughts. Our final opportunity to express our love. And heartbreakingly to say goodbye to all but one. What a night." He pauses for a moment before continuing,"Let's hear it!" He shouts and the audience claps again. This is going to be a long wait...

Katniss's POV

"Alright alright I'm pretty sure you've primed and preened me to within an inch of my life... and if one more drop of make up goes on my face I swear it's all just going to slide off!"  They all laugh at me but step back all the same.

"Ready for your outifit Katniss?" Cinna announces walking over to me and holding his hand out.

"As long as it's one if yours I'm always reading Cinna, I say taking his hand. He walks me over to a large three piece mirror which reaches almost the height of the ceiling.

"Wait wait wait," Portia says rushing over to me, "we want to see your reaction when you're ready so eyes closes I'm afraid Katniss," she says going to wrap a sparkling silver eye mask over my eyes.

I hear a long zip as my outfit is brought out of its bag which I quickly find out is a dress. With them taking my hands I step into the dress before it is glided up by body. Placing my hands on my hips I keep it in position as they pull the laces at the back squeezing me in. "Not too tight!" I panic thinking my little one will be squashed in as I am into the dress.

"Sorry!" Octavia and Portia cry our in unison both realising my panic they loosen up now tying the ribbon off at the back so I am successfully tied in only not so tight. The dress itself feels quite heavy in comparison to what Cinna normally has me wear but other than that that's all I can tell.

I feel the cold touch of some form of metal trailing across the side of my right should we at the front and my left shoulder at the back. Lastly earrings are put on me and everyone's touch stops.

"Soooo are we done then?" I ask but as I do the blindfold is unfastened and take away from my eyes. Looking in the mirror I see I am wearing one of the wedding gowns I tried on a few weeks back.

"A wedding dress?" I question.

"President Snow insisted, but I made a few alterations," he says going about repositioning the silver trailing up my shoulder.

Back on stage Caesar is interviewing Gloss and Cashmere of District one and I can hear their conversation from the television Effie, Portia and the two prep teams are all watching.

"You two made the Games a family affair, you became everyone's brother and sister. I don't know how we're going to let you go," Caesar says. He's so dramatic.

"We're not going by choice." I hear Gloss reply, "You are our family, and I don't see how anyone can love us better." The crowd claps at his soppy comment.

"So sweet. So sweet," Caesar says but is interrupted as Cashmere starts to cry, "Are you alright, dear?"
"I'm sorry," she blubs out, "I just can't stop crying."

"God, does anybody actually believe this?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Apparently everybody," I hear a familiar voice say before I see Haymitch appear as I look through the mirror. He points at them all stood in front of the television screen to see them all tearing up, Octavia and Flavius are actually crying as they watch Cashmere.

"She is very good," Effie announces as she dabs away the tears from her eyes.

"Yeah good at acting," I mumble.

"These victors are angry, Katniss," Haymitch says as he walks to stand beside me, "They'll say anything to try and stop the games. I suggest you do the same." All I can do is nod in acknowledgment not really knowing what to say.

"Come on then let's get this show on the road," Effie announces as she starts to usher everyone out if the room.

"Uh Haymitch wait! There's uh. There's something I need to tell you, and Effie. Well both of you really," I manage to stutter out.

"Of course sweetheart." He says to me before turning to call Effie, "Hey Eff? Come here a sec."

I let out a sigh as they both stand before me before I go to speak, "So uh there's something I need to tell guys. Well something I really need to tell you guys."

"Is everything ok sweetheart?" Haymitch asks reaching out to take one of my hands.

"Yes. No. I don't know. It's complicated."

"What is it? Is there something we can do?" Effie says but I just shake my head.

"It's something I guess I've needed to tell you both for a while now... I just couldn't find the right time... And then with the whole quell thing ... Wait I need to wait for Peeta!"

"Katniss dear he can't come in not while you're in your wedding dress." Stupid Effe and her stupid superstition.

"Oh alright. Ok. I guess it doesn't matter then. It can't wait."

"Are you sure?" Haymitch asks and I let out a small smile.

"We can wait."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 2.7K 28
After the Victor's tour Katniss finds out she's pregnant with Peeta's baby. The bad part is that the Quarter Quell, 75th games, are supposed to happe...
449K 10.4K 41
What if Katniss had fallen in love with Peeta? What if the night the Quell was Announced, Katniss ran to Peeta's house after talking to Haymitch inst...
30.3K 120 25
It's been 3 years after the war, Peeta and Katniss are dating. Peeta wants kids but Katniss doesn't. Will Katniss cave and give Peeta his dream that...
8K 100 20
"Convince me," Snow said. One night on the Victory Tour makes that all too easy, because what better way than a baby? Katniss returns to district twe...