Pregnant in the 75th

By little-duck

What if Katniss really was pregnant going up to the quarter quell? Just my take in what could have happened... More

1. Life in twelve
2. I almost thought it was real
3. Train ride antics
4. Consequences
5. Distress in the districts
6. Blunt words
7. Nightmares
8. Fixed
9. Together for the first time
10. A real shower this time
11. Good old sisterly catch up
12. Are you ready for this?
13. Presidential Palace
14. Drinking partner
15. Positive
16. Messing around
17. Existing pool of victors
Authors note please read :)
18. He lives, not me
19. Ask me to die
20. Take the hints
21. Understanding
22. In our own right
23. Not so secret
24. Our toasting
25. Childish events
27. Tribute
28. Disclosing information
29. Fighting
30. Check up
Note from moi...
31. Tributes Ready?
32. Always
33. Training
Authors note ... Again
34. Fiesty actions
35. Decisions
36. Interviews
37. An unexpected visitor
38. Problems
39. Tokens
40.

26. Reassurance

4.6K 157 9
By little-duck

Katniss's POV

I look down at us both and can't help but laugh, "Cinna and Portia may just kill us if they come and find us like this you know."

"Hmmm you're probably right ... Although it would be hilarious to see the looks on their faces."

"I'm going to go grab a shower so that I'm de-floured and you bread boy," I say pointing my finger at his chest while my other hand trails up to play with his hair," You can finish making these cheese rolls for little miss over here." I say nodding down at my bump.

"Oh is that who they're for ... Definitely not for you hmm Kat?"

"Of course not..I'm only thinking of this little tinker of course... I mean I don't even like cheese rolls," I say with a wink. I give Peeta a quick kiss before heading upstairs and I can hear him laughing to himself as I walk away.

"Don't like my cheese rolls ... Pfft ... If you says so Kat."

As I walk upstairs I walk through Peeta's room trailing my hands along the silk covers as I make my way to the shower room. I go in and turn on the taps allowing the heat to steam up the room as I return to the bedroom to undress, laying my clothes on the bed and pulling a towel of the radiator I drop it at the bathroom door. Walking into the shower I allow the hot beads of water to poor over my head, its relaxing almost.

By the time I've washed all the flour out of my hair and off of my skin I am reminded that I have to go back downstairs and face the real world. "Alright little one I'm done now," I say in response to the kick, placing my hand under my bump as if holding it up. "You'd stay in here too if it meant you didn't have to go through with today Sweetie believe me," I sigh. I run my hands through my hair one more time to remove all the excess water before letting it trail down my back as I leave the shower room. Realising I have thrown the towel on the floor at the door I stop to look at it a moment working out a way to get at it, "Great one Katniss." Leaning against the door frame I slowly slide down into a crouched position where I am able to pick up the towel although not so comfortably. "You wouldn't think for such a little thing and a little bump you'd cause so much havoc for me you little tinker." I wrap the towel around me and tuck it in at the top so it stays up on its own before wandering over to the far wardrobe where I know Peeta has a stash of my clothes. Looking at it all, there's none I really feel like putting on and most may be a bit revealing at the minute so I settle for picking some underwear and my favourite t-shirt of Peeta's.

Pulling his olive green t-shirt out of the drawer, I throw it on over my underwear. He's bigger than me so it hangs loosely over me ending around half way down my thighs and I pull on a pair of my thick socks up to my knees so I look half decent. There we go. Comfortable and practical... For the make up session that is to follow anyway. I don't quite think dear old Cornelius Snow would be happy with me turning up to the reaping in just a top and socks... Although I can't help but laugh at the thought of it.

I wander my way downstairs and lean on the doorframe of the kitchen just watching Peeta rush away at his work. He's rushing around the room clearing up all the flour off the benches whilst getting himself covered in more of it as he brushes it towards himself. "I think you might need a shower too Peeta you look rather... Dusty shall we say," I try to stifle through a laugh and he turns around to face me before looking back down at himself.

"I think you may be right Kat, you ok to watch the cheese buns for me? The timer is on, they're in the oven ..." I interrupt him before he has a chance to finish.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking something out of the oven Peeta," I say walking over to him, "go on you better to get yourself showered and changed before Portia turns up and you look like you haven't bathed in weeks," I say ruffling his hair so some of the flour falls out.

"Just watch what you're doing then Katniss, please." He gives me a soft kiss on the top of my head before heading off but not before turning back at the kitchen door.

"Go you dafty," I laugh as he looks at me with a worried look on his face. "There's not much damage I can do here."

I sit on the table and look out the window hoping something interesting will happen but nothing really does. Effie is striding around like she owns the place as usual and not far behind her is Haymitch with a rather exasperated look on his face. Something tells me she has just woken him up.

I jump down and rush over to open the window and shout out, "Hey Haymitch!" I wave him over but I am interrupted by the beeping of the oven, "Won't be a sec!" I say charging over to the oven and hitting my side on the corner of the table in my haste letting out a loud scream in pain. I cover my mouth instantly hoping Peeta didn't hear that as he'll only worry but I don't hear any movement upstairs so he mustn't have. Putting on Peeta's oven gloves I take the cheese buns out of the oven and place them on the board on the side before shutting the oven door. They smell amazing but even I'm not stupid enough to take one straight out if the oven, the last thing I need is to burn my mouth or something.

"Everything OK Haymitch," I say walking over to the kitchen window where Haymitch stands leaning on after I beckoned him over.

"What do you think? Miss pretentious over there just woke me up," he huffs.
"Aww poor Haymitch!" I say sarcastically causing him to roll his eyes, "you should be great full actually she came here first."

"Hmph." He grunts in reply, "I think I'd have rather you woken me up. It may be a rude awakening but you're usually nice enough to bring a gift as an apology. Speaking of which?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Sorry Haymitch. I've been here all night I haven't been out today."

He looks at me suspiciously, "You stayed here? Last night? Is everything alright?"

"Well apart from us being sent to our impending deaths yeah everything is fine Haymitch no need go worry." I say sticking my tongue out at him.

"Alright alright I was just checking!" He says waving it off, "What was Effie's reaction? I bet it was priceless!"

"She wasn't best impressed to say the least. But I think she was more in shock that she found me here more than anything." I say with a laugh.

"Ha ha ! I bet she wasn't! Ah well I think that image has just made my day!" He laughs.

"It's hardly as if anything else today is exactly going to be positive..."

"I'm sorry Katniss... I know its not easy but we'll get through this," Haymitch tries to reassure me.

"But will we Haymitch? I don't quite think we will get away with another trick like we did last year..." Before I am able to continue he grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"Whether I am with you or getting you sponsors I will do absolutely everything in my power to keep you two safe and I mean that Katniss."

"Thank you Haymitch. I don't know what I'd do without you. You really are like a father to me and I'm sure Peeta feels the same."

"Thank you sweetheart. You're not so bad yourself," he says with a wink.

"Haymitch Abernathy!" We hear called from the distance and I can't help but laugh.

"I think you're wanted," I snicker and he just rolls his eyes.

"What the hell have I done now," he grumbles.

"Here Haymitch," I say grabbing a now cooled cheese bun, "This is what I shouted you over for."

He accepts it before taking a bite out of it, "Thank you sweetheart," he muffles through the mouth full of food.

"I guess I'll see you later Haymitch," I say trying to fake a smile.

"I'll be right there with you," He says giving my hand another squeeze.

"Haymitch!" Effie shouts even louder this time and I can't help but laugh at her again.

"I'm coming loosen your corset will you Effie!" I shouts back before heading off to follow her. And they say they don't like each other.

I grab myself a cheese bun and start chomping down on it but I stay by the window and listen to see what she wanted him so desperately for, "Haymitch! Leave the girl be will you! Today will be hard enough for her as it is without you bothering her!"

"Actually we had a nice conversation. Speaking about hard, how was walking in to see them this morning?"
Did he just say that? Did he honestly just say that?! I try to fight back the laughter enough to continue listening to them, "Haymitch! How dare you!" She says hitting him over the head with her bag.

He ends up crouched over in fits of laughter,"Oh come on Effie even you have to admit they're old enough to make their own decisions ..."

"Haymitch they're seventeen! They shouldn't be living together at their age!"

"Oh Effie lighten up will you they're fine! They're doing no harm and both are responsible enough to know how to behave..."

"What is that meant to mean?" Effie interrupts.

"Oh dear dear deaf Effie Trinket..." He throws his arm over her shoulder, "don't you worry your little head about it. Now do I get a prep team for me or am I allowed to dress myself?"

"I'm afraid not Hay... But you have me and by the looks of your dastardly choice of dress I will dress you."

"Is this a date Effie," he winks and I can't help but smile. Go on Haymitch.

"Hmmm I don't think I'd go that far Mister. Come. That's Cinna and Portia coming into the village now, let's see them first and then I will give you a good sorting out."

"Looking forward to it Eff" he teases.

I jump down off the bench and shout for Peeta, "Peeta Sweetie! Portia's on her..." no sooner have I turned the corner into the hall but I walk straight into him. "Well I guess there's no need to shout for you then," I say moving my arms and placing them over his shoulders to a more comfortable position.

"What were you saying?" He says brushing a stand of hair and tucking it behind my ear before placing his hands on the small of my back.

"Portia and Cinna are on their way, I was wondering if you were coming to walk out to meet them before I get dragged off against my will?" I decide not to tell him about the conversation between Effie and Haymitch that can be saved fill tonight, right now I just want to be with him.

"Come on then let's get going," he says sliding his shoes on which are by the door and I do the same stepping out of the house and shutting the front door behind us. I take his hand in mine as we walk down the path and through the Victor's Village where Portia and Cinna are stood talking to Haymitch and Effie. More than likely about us, the usual.

"Morning," Peeta says announcing our arrival to the group as they're all chattering away when we get there.

"Ah Peeta, Katniss good morning all ready for prepping?" Portia says with a smile.

"Oh I love it Portia you know that I do," I say sarcastically causing a chuckle from the boys and a glare from Effie.

"Well you better get used to it young lady. Come Haymitch we need to go," she says turning on her heels and walking away.

Haymitch places a hand on my shoulder before he follows after her, "Don't worry about her. Today is as much a sentence for us and it is for her."

"I know," I sigh and he smiles slightly before following after her.

"Now Peeta if you don't mind I will take Katniss now as we have some last minute fitting to do," Cinna says with a small nod and Peeta seems to understand.

"Of course," he nods to Cinna before turning to me, "I'll be with you soon," and with a quick kiss on the cheek he heads back to his house with Portia.

I step closer to Cinna and loop my arm in his, "Come on then Cinna let's work your magic."

***

Muahahahahaha I've had this chapter ready and the next one along with the previous one but I thought I would make you guys wait a bit longer between chapters because I'm mean like that :P

Also apologies to anyone I may have offended with Haymitch's jokes, its just the way I would have done it if I was talking to my friends and I thought it would be fitting of him :P

- Alannah xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 10.4K 41
What if Katniss had fallen in love with Peeta? What if the night the Quell was Announced, Katniss ran to Peeta's house after talking to Haymitch inst...
1M 25K 45
What if Katniss Everdeen fell in love with Peeta Mellark after their first games? What if before the quarter quell, she found herself pregnant with P...
92K 1.9K 35
What if Katniss had loved Peeta? How different would the story line have been? - Katniss Everdeen has decided she is in love with her fellow victor...
2.1K 87 79
(cover by me - inkstudio666 on instagram) Katniss and Peeta have spent years hidden in the dark of Panem. Running from the Capitol, they managed to r...