Surviving Reality: Divergent...

By 4getmenever

Moving to a new school sucks. Especially when your name is Beatrice Prior. But no one would expect... well, t... More

PLEASE READ FIRST
Christina
Lynn
Tris
Molly
Tobias
Uriah
Marlene
Lauren
Marlene
Tris
Tobias
Tobias
Tris
Marlene
Shauna
Marlene
Christina
Tris
Marlene
Zeke
Tobias
Uriah
Marlene
Tris
Tobias
Christina
Cara
Marlene
Christina
Tobias
Shauna
Zeke
Uriah
Lynn
Tris
Marlene
Christina
Uriah
Tris
Tobias
Tris
Lynn
Uriah
Lynn
Marlene
Tobias
Shauna
Lynn
Lauren
Christina
Tobias
Uriah
Christina
Lynn
Zeke
Tobias
Marlene
Uriah
Lauren
Tris
Christina
Tobias
Tris
Author's Note

Tris

10.7K 265 49
By 4getmenever

Original chapter title: Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Can I talk to you?" Four asks me on Friday as we're walking out of school. "Alone?" he glances at our friends, who are jumping down the steps and shouting and basically just being complete idiots.

"Sure...?" he grabs me by my elbow and pulls me into a dark classroom. I pull the door shut. At least no one will miss us. "What's up?"

"If I tell you this, you have to swear not to tell anyone." He sounds dead serious, his dark blue eyes even darker than usual. I nod, knowing that he's not kidding. "Do you know who Marcus Eaton is?"

"Yeah, of course. He's in the Senate or something with my father, right?" Well, was in the Senate with my father, I think bitterly. I don't see where this is going.

"Yeah. Tris, do you know his son's name?"

"Uh huh. It's Tobias Eaton-" I stop myself. "You're him, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am." he nods.

"I know this might be a little personal, but are the rumors true? About your father, you know..."

"Absusing me?" I feel my face turn red. I nod silently. "Yes, they're true."

I'm frozen for a minute, trying to think of what to say. I take a step closer. "I wish they weren't. You did nothing wrong. That isn't right." My fingertips skim his jawline, and I concentrate on them rather than his eyes.

"Life usually sin't fair." He tells me. I glance up at his eyes and nod. I don't know why, but we both lean in closer. When our lips are separated by a sliver of air and we're literally about to kiss, the door opens.

"Four, we gotta go." I sigh quietly and step away. We're always interrupted.

"Can you give me a minute, Zeke?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." The door shuts with a click.

"You should go, Four. Don't want to keep Zeke waiting." I say, hoping a little that he doesn't go just yet.

"Don't call me that." he says instead of replying. "I like it when you say my name." He leans in and presses his mouth against mine quickly, a light and innocent kiss. He leads me out of the room and to the parking lot, holding my hand until we have to separate.

When I get home, I'm grinning like an idiot and my lips are still tingling from my first kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.2K 67
what would happen if tris or as Is in her old school Beatrice moves to Chicago high school and meets an mysterious boy named four . Will her life eve...
22.3K 508 27
{[COMPLETED]} {[Unedited]} Caleb Prior has always been popular. Tris Prior, his little sister, is the one hidden in a crowd. She has lung cancer, and...
4.3K 150 23
I decided that I wanted Tris and Tobias to live a little so imagine Veronica's book stops before the war on abnegation and things stay normal. Skip a...
62.1K 1.6K 23
This is a divergent fanfic. Tris is the new girl at divergent high. She has abusive dad and a little brother Caleb, her mom died giving birth to Cale...