The Ex-Wife of Chris Goldman

By CupcakeQueen33

Harper Mackenzie Lanning was married to the son of the CEO of Goldman Hotels INC. Chris Goldman. Now, years a... More

Part 1- How It All Began
Part 2- The Divorce Starts
Part 3- 2 Years Later
4 - Prepping For The....
5 - The Party
6 - Harp why?
7 - You really worried me and still do
8 - Waking Up In.....?
9 - 17 Weeks Later
10 - Authors Note
11 - A court battle won??
12 - Madness & Memories
13 - Wedding Planning?
14 - Why did you save me?
15 - A New Beginning
16 - The First Month
17 - Little Blue Lines??
18 - Life as it is
19 - Past < Present < Engagement
20 - Sylvianna Naomi Goldman
21 - Homecoming
22 - Wedding
23 - Honeymoon
AUTHORS NOTE
24 - Love and Loss
25 - Days After
26 - Baby^2
27 - Time Flies
28 - I've Got My Fight Song.
29 - Forgive don't forget
30 - Happy Birthday to you!
-- Non-Important Authors Note --
31 - Emptiness
32 - Cali Dreams
33 - Regrets
34 - More Than You Know
35 - The Last Straw
36 - Battle pt. 1
37 - Battle pt. 2
COVER CONTEST!!!
39. Healing Broken Hearts
40. Falling into Place
41. Say Something
42. Piece By Piece

38. Battle pt. 3

4K 111 25
By CupcakeQueen33

** Harpers POV **

"From the prior evidence and cases made today by both parties as well as the defendants custody will be granted to the party of........ Mr Chris Goldman."

My heart falls, I get up and run from the room. I rush to the bathroom and lock myself in a stall seconds before I burst into tears, my babies are being taken from me. Abernathy, Lisbeth, Sylvianna, and Owen. I hear the door open

"Harper, are you in here?" Arizona speaks

"We can find a loophole, something that proves him unfit. I'm sorry to leave but I'm going to get back and start figuring this mess out, they should have ruled in favor of you." Cynthia speaks. I hear her heels clicking on the tile and the bathroom door open and shut.

"Go away Arizona. I'm kinda ticked at you at the moment because you can at least see my children."

"Harper, I'm sorry that my a-hole brother won the case. He shouldn't have, it's not right."

"I'm just so done with my life right now, I don't want to live without my kids."

"Please, please, please don't speak like that."

"Why? It's true, I don't want to live without my kids."

"Harper, please come out of the stall and we can go to my apartment and get drunk and talk sh*t about my brother."

"I just want to be alone right now but thanks for the offer."

"Okay, I'm here for you. Just know that." I hear her walk out

I unlock the stall and clean myself up before heading out of the bathroom. I see Chris at the end of the hallway, he notices me and starts heading my way. I turn to go back into the bathroom but Jason grabs me before I can.

"No. I'm not letting you hide. Just walk with me out of this courthouse."

"Okay." I wipe my eyes and put on my brave face as I link my arm in Jason's and walk out of the courthouse, we pass Chris and I mutter several words that shouldn't be said to him and for a second it seems like he might actually be sorry. Well, it's over, I have the restraining order on him he must remain 100 feet away from me at all times.

"Sh*t." Jason mutters "I rode here with Cynthia. I have no ride."

"I'll drive you home or wherever you need to go."

"It's fine, I can just call a cab."

"Jason, come on. I'm here just let me give you a ride."

"Fine, I appreciate it. I need to go to my house. It's 101 West Sven Street."

"Okay, that's that high rise apartment complex, right."

"Yep. That's it."

We drive in silence for most of the way

"Go out with me." Jason blurts out suddenly

"What.....Jason..."

"I know, I know. You just got divorced and lost your kids and we have the whole client lawyer thing. Sorry, it's stupid. I'm stupid."

"Jason, you are super sweet, and you know how hellish my life is, but you are a really nice guy so let's not date there is no way I'm ready for that, but I'm willing to get coffee with you. Next Tuesday, 9:30am, Java Palace on North Elm"

He grins ear to ear "Okay, I'll be there."

I slow the car at his house

"See you Tuesday." He says and all I do is smile.

"It's not a date though." I call out and he just laughs and shakes his head

"Bye Harper."

"Bye Jason."

** CHRIS POV **

I pick up the kids and we head to my place, on the way my phone buzzes. It's Kirsten.

"I told you, I am done." I snap

"Well, you can't be completely done with me."

"What do you mean, you and I aren't doing anything anymore. I've lost my everything, my rock, my one, my person thanks to you."

"Last time I checked it took two to you know. By the way, I'm pregnant with your baby."

"There's no way in this world you are pregnant."

"6 weeks today. So yes, yes I am."

"I want a paternity test done."

"Fine, Tuesday morning, 9:45 at Dr. Jenni Drew's office on North Elm. You know the one next to the coffee shop."

"Fine. I'll be there." I snap the phone down and flare at the road before a voice interrupts my empty thoughts

"Daddy, when are we going to see mommy? I made her something."

"I'm sorry baby, we won't be seeing mommy for a while. She's....." I pause, how do I tell my kids this "She's on a trip, and won't be back for a while."

"Why didn't she take us? Does she hate me?"
"I wanna go!!!"
"Mommy left us, I sorry, I should have ate my veggies more."
"If she comes back I promise to keep my room clean."

The kids all start talking at once, I guess my lie was horrible because they all think Harper hates them, but the one they should hate is me.

I'm the reason they won't see their mom.

They can't see her because of me.

I'm the problem here, I'm a selfish person who only thought of himself.

This wasn't the way I wanted my kids to grow up.

"Kids, daddy's going to call and see when we can see mommy, so please be quiet."

I dial my lawyers number, when the phone is picked up I start my little rant

"I messed up today, I don't want sole custody. I want my kids to have both parents. I need an agreement worked out and sent over to Harpers lawyer by the end of the day."

We chat some more about it, and I smile. I'm hoping I can get back on a decent track and be a good father for my kids.

I know I'm never going to end up with Harper again, I've screwed up to many times. But, I need to make amends so we don't hate each other's guts entirely for the rest of forever. Even if we do I don't want the kids to grow up this way, I'm the jerk especially for hiding so much more from her than what she knows. We get to my place the kids running to play.

I pick up my phone dialing my moms number

"Hello?" She answers

"Mom. I messed up."

"Honey, I'm sorry. I know, Arizona called me. I am disappointed in you."

"Mom," I say bursting into tears "I can't do this, I can't be a single dad. I've messed up twice with Harper and o regret it, I want her back, but I know she'll never give me a 3rd chance."

"Christopher, this is on you. I can't help you, you are all grown up and I'm sorry I can't rescue you from your mistakes."

My voice turns to bitter hatred

"I don't need rescuing, I can handle my life on my own."

"Okay," she says hanging up on me

I look at the phone in my hand and I click on text messages. I begin reading all the messages to Harper; she was oblivious and cheerful. I smile, as a tear slips down my face. I had the girl, I lost the girl, I had the girl, I've now lost the girl, I had everything I wanted. The prefect wife and life and now I'm a wrecked puddle. I want to fix what she and I had, I don't want us to hate each other. But, the hard question is: How do I fix the mess I've made?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

878K 17.9K 62
Nathan the multi-billionaire divorces his wife Alina due to a misunderstanding. What happens when Nathan reappears after years in Alina's life and is...
38.1K 1.7K 28
There are plenty of stories where a poor woman marries a rich man who cheats on her or divorces her due to lies and speculation. How would it work if...
743 46 39
A 40 years old billionaire that is the ceo of many companies in the world. Is know as the most richest man and also a man who can get every women he...
66.2K 2.8K 31
you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She is the real life Cinderella yet she was d...