The Ex-Wife of Chris Goldman

CupcakeQueen33

Harper Mackenzie Lanning was married to the son of the CEO of Goldman Hotels INC. Chris Goldman. Now, years a... Еще

Part 1- How It All Began
Part 2- The Divorce Starts
Part 3- 2 Years Later
4 - Prepping For The....
5 - The Party
6 - Harp why?
7 - You really worried me and still do
8 - Waking Up In.....?
9 - 17 Weeks Later
10 - Authors Note
11 - A court battle won??
12 - Madness & Memories
13 - Wedding Planning?
14 - Why did you save me?
15 - A New Beginning
16 - The First Month
17 - Little Blue Lines??
18 - Life as it is
20 - Sylvianna Naomi Goldman
21 - Homecoming
22 - Wedding
23 - Honeymoon
AUTHORS NOTE
24 - Love and Loss
25 - Days After
26 - Baby^2
27 - Time Flies
28 - I've Got My Fight Song.
29 - Forgive don't forget
30 - Happy Birthday to you!
-- Non-Important Authors Note --
31 - Emptiness
32 - Cali Dreams
33 - Regrets
34 - More Than You Know
35 - The Last Straw
36 - Battle pt. 1
37 - Battle pt. 2
38. Battle pt. 3
COVER CONTEST!!!
39. Healing Broken Hearts
40. Falling into Place
41. Say Something
42. Piece By Piece

19 - Past < Present < Engagement

5.7K 180 6
CupcakeQueen33

HARPERS POV

Guess what? I'm pregnant with a little baby girl, I'm about 22 weeks, 5 1/2 months, along and Chris hasn't said a much of word to me since the funeral.

I got my leg brace off about 2 weeks ago, which is beyond amazing. I have full freedom again and another one of my books has gotten a movie deal!!! This time the premiere is just a few days before my due date, my public relations manager wanted to change it but I said it was fine. My phone buzzes and I see a text from Chris.

- Hey. busy tomorrow?

-I don't think so, why? What's tomorrow?

-Valentines day. I want to take you out

-Are you sure? We haven't been on the best of terms.

-Yes, I want to take you out.

-Chris. Let's not go there right now

-Please? Your carrying my baby and we need to discuss some things

-Are you sure?

-You were always stubborn.....

-Fine. Time?

-7 work? I'll pick you up

-Sure.

-Okay, I'll see you tomorrow.

-Okay.

I head to my closet and discover I have no decent maternity dresses for a date. Shopping spree!! I cringe at the thought of it, Abby and I always did it together.

-- FLASHBACK --

September 20th, 7 days since her death. 7 days since Tyler was born. 7 days since my world changed forever.

I stare out the window as she scenery passes. Emma looks at me and whispers "Auntie H, why did mummy have to take a long trip and leave us?"

I feel a tear pass down my cheek, she doesn't truly get the meaning of death yet since she has never experienced it first hand.

"Don't cry, it's okay." She says sliding over to me "She's in a place with rainbows and puppy dogs."

"Yes. She is, and she is very happy with Francesca and her parents."

She smiles "Daddy has been very upset," she says looking towards her dad who is stone cold staring out the window, tuning out the entire world. "He's been really sad since mum left."

"Give him some time, he'll warm back up."

"You don't understand Auntie. This is the second mummy he's lost. My mom died of cancer back when I was 3 and now mum has died."

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry."

The car pulls into the cemetery Abby will be buried in. It's the same one as Kimmy.

"Mark, we are here" I say bringing him back to reality

"I didn't realize how mad I could be at the sun for shining and the birds for chirping. Today is sad, why must all the happy things happen?"

I give a weak smile and place a hand on my queasy stomach, I've felt nausea the past week and all I can think of is the pregnancy test. I really should get in contact with a doctor.

The burial goes smoothly and afterwards people keep coming up and giving condolences and food that would last us 2 weeks to finish.

Abby's gone, Kimmy is gone, My parents are gone, and Chris is gone.

Chris, I haven't spoken to him since the hospital. Suddenly, I turn and see him standing their shoulders hunched and feeling out of place.

I walk over to him and hug him while bursting into tears.

"Shhh..everything will be okay." He whispers and rubs my back.

--- END OF FLASHBACK ---

I think of that day so often, it terrifies me thinking that that was the last real contact Chris and I had. I mean he knows about my....our baby and everything. He's been invited to doctors visits and classes, yet he never shows up. I miss him, I miss being in his arms, I miss everything about him. I wrap my arms protectively around my growing bump

"Mommy will always be there for you. Even if daddy isn't." I say a tear slipping from my eye

- The Date

CHRIS POV

I ring the doorbell to Harpers place and then pace back an forth outside her house, this can honestly be the most nervous I have ever been.

"Hey," she says opening the door in a drop dead gorgeous knee-length silver dress. "Take a picture, it will last longer. Besides I'll blow up like a whale soon enough."

We make our way down to my car and I obviously open the door for her. I hate when she comments on her weight, she's perfect in every single freakin way.

"Oh hush. You couldn't be any more beautiful than you are everyday."

"Nice way to be super flattering. What are you buttering me up for?"

Shoot, she can't catch on. I can't ruin my surprise.

"Nothing, just it's been a while since I've seen you."

"Oh," she says looking out the car window "you know you could have shown up for at least one ultrasound you know."

"I'm sorry. I really am. I promise from now on I am with you till that baby is born."

"She, she's born."

"It's a girl?" I say looking over at her. Harper nods and I feel a small tear trickle down my face

"Is the big bad CEO crying over his baby girl?" She teases me, knowing very well my girls (and by this I mean her and my new baby girl) are the only thing that can make me cry.

"No, I had something in my eye."

She smirks and turns to face the front, I can tell she is beyond thrilled that I will love my....our baby. Now, I just need to do some research on the best way to scare off potential suitors. Nobody, and I mean nobody will ever break my baby girls heart. Well, with of my girls. Harper and I have had history that can't be changed but what I can change is what happens to us now.

"Thank you." She suddenly says

"For what?"

"This, Everything honestly. You made me smile for the first time in ages and to be honest I miss our couch cuddles and midnight movies."

"I guess it's good that you remember the best parts and not the lowest."

"Trust me I remember those like yesterday." She looks stone cold serious about this and it pains me that she remembers how horrid I was to her "When we were dating it was a fantasy and then we got married and things changed. It seemed as if since you had me I was on the back burner, then you came home with that yellow folder and the pictures." Tears stream down her face "The folder that ruined everything, you said I had cheated and I would regret it. Then I remember you told me it was because you and I weren't getting as frisky so I must have been getting it from somewhere else. Then, I give your props for being observant that I didn't have my period and you said I was pregnant with someone else. I left and stayed at JuJu's home for a week before going to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy. That's when I decided I should return home and surprise you. Laura ruined it though, I could tell you were drunk and she was being a bitch, but I couldn't stand to be in the same house let alone room with the man who ruined me. So, yes I remember the horrid in vivid detail and the good in less detail."

"Oh," I pause before shutting off the car "I am deeply sorry that I hurt you so badly."

"It's okay. We're here now and together again." She leans in and kisses me.

"Okay, I had this huge speech planned out and an elaborate set up but I have never stopped loving you and I swear from this second forth I am yours and only yours. Please Harper Lanning please make me beyond thrilled to call you my wife again, Will You Marry Me?" I say pulling the ring out from my coat pocket

She looks at me in shock

"Chris, I'd....."

"Harper, yes or no."

She looks at me for what feels like hours before slowly whispering her answer

.......yes.......

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The CEO's Trio ✔ Feyi Mae x

Любовные романы

4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
757 46 39
A 40 years old billionaire that is the ceo of many companies in the world. Is know as the most richest man and also a man who can get every women he...
Retaliation #Wattys2015 Cipher88-01

Художественная проза

38.1K 1.7K 28
There are plenty of stories where a poor woman marries a rich man who cheats on her or divorces her due to lies and speculation. How would it work if...
The Bachelor Brianna

Короткий рассказ

14.6K 213 11
Meet Mackenzie Noelle Davis. 23 years old and works as an Ultrasound Technician. Mackenzie has had a hard life growing up. Her mom passing away from...