Step Brothers

By SeraphinaRivera

Leo is an ordinary guy who lived most of his life in Italy. With his parents divorced and living in different... More

Step Brothers
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Epilogue
Step Brothers 2: Road trip
Road Trip Interview - Leo
Road Trip Interview - Derek
Road Trip Interview - Nicole
Road Trip Interview - Sasha
Road Trip Interview - Dakota
Road Trip - Chapter One
Road Trip - Chapter Two
Road Trip - Chapter Three
Road Trip - Chapter Four
Road Trip - Chapter Five
Road Trip - Chapter Six
Road Trip - Chapter Seven
Road Trip - Chapter Eight
Road Trip - Chapter Nine
Road Trip - Chapter Ten
Road Trip - Chapter Eleven
Road Trip - Chapter Twelve
Road Trip - Chapter Thirteen
Road Trip - Chapter Fourteen
Road Trip - Chapter Fifteen
Road Trip - Chapter Sixteen
Road trip - Chapter Seventeen
Road Trip - Chapter Eighteen
Road Trip - Chapter Nineteen
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-One
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Two
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Three
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Four (uh-oh)
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Five
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Six
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Seven
Which "Step Brothers" Character Are You? (Quiz)
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Eight ♥
Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Nine
Road Trip - Chapter 30
Road Trip - Chapter 31
Road Trip - Chapter 32
Road Trip - Chapter 33 (Extra long)
Road Trip - Chapter 34
Road Trip - Chapter 35
Road Trip - Chapter 36 (Last Chapter)
The Donovan Special (Part 1/2)
The Donovan Special (Part 2/2)

Chapter Four

570K 24.8K 25.5K
By SeraphinaRivera

                                      [Vote if you actually read this story, I must know how many!]

               "What do you mean I give you hope?" I asked him confused as I looked up into his shining bright eyes. His hands were tightly locked on my sides as he moved us around in sync. "And why are we dancing?"

               "There is nothing wrong with dancing." He chuckled. The way his eyes stared at me made me want to faint. I couldn't explain it. His eyes made me forget about everything. "And you will know soon."

               "Don't you dare leave me hanging like that." I eyed him.

               "I'm not," He winked. "But you have to give me sometime."

               "Time for what? I'm so confused right now."

               "Just trust me."

               I took back my hands and unlocked our door to let Nicole back in. He looked kind of upset that I just randomly made us stop dancing. Did he...Did he like it? No he couldn't...It was just a brotherly moment. I sighed to myself and dropped on my bed.

               I felt both of their eyes on me but I ignored them. I just buried my face on my bed and contemplated suicide. Just kidding, maybe love suicide? I'd love to never love again. I heard Nicole and Derek whispering to each other, I couldn't make out what they were saying.

               "Just because I can't understand you doesn't mean I don't know what you're talking about," I muttered through my pillow. "Oh wait that came out wrong. I still wouldn't understand...never mind. But stop it!"

               I waited for any response but nothing. I turned around to find out I was alone. They must have left to have a private conversation. Oh great. I rolled my eyes and stuffed my face inside my pillows. It's so dark in here. Such a soft pillow. I'd marry you pillow, as long as you aren't my step brother. Or a female.

               I listened to the music that was playing outside and waited until I heard someone walk in again. My bed sunk a little from the weight of a body and I looked up to see Nicole smiling at me. I smiled at her too and she threw some papers at my face. I frowned.

               "Let's get back to doing our project! If we're done by tonight or tomorrow then we are free for life." She bulged her eyes and licked her lips.

               "By tonight?" I raised an eye brow. "If you want to do that then we actually have to stay up all day."

               "I'm willing to take the risk...are you?" She said dramatically.

               "Oh yes, I will take the risk."

               "Let's do it." She threw her hand in front of my face and I shook it.

               We dug our faces in the pile of papers and books. Derek was nice enough to turn down the music just a tiny bit. We can still hear it but it wasn't enough to bother us. I'm still wondering about that random dance. Who dances like that with their step brother?! It's so ... gay. I bet I'd get slapped if I said that out loud in a crowd of gay guys.

               Nicole and I spent the whole night doing our work and after we finished we collapsed on top of each other and slept like that. Felt weird to sleep with a girl. Nothing good ever comes in that. Specially when you wake up with morning wood. Oh the embarrassment. At least it's a good thing because she will think I'm straight.

               And I don't want anyone knowing I'm gay.

               I remember dreaming about a unicorn. A unicorn I met in wonderland after I saved the world from the aliens and coffee shops. The unicorn told me my future, it said that I was going to grow old with Derek. That dream is the highlight of my life.

               "Leo! Leo!" Said the unicorn. "I can see your future with my horn."

               "Oh really? What does my future hold?" Leo asked the unicorn.

               "You will marry Derek and grow old with him! Don't forget about the bacon."

               "Bacon? What bacon?" Asked Leo, confusing thoughts cluttered his mind. What bacon?

               Totally irrelevant.

               I yawned and opened my eyes. I checked my watch and it was too late to go to school. I noticed that Nicole was gone. Today is Friday isn't it ... I'm not really sure. I can never remember what day of the week it is. It's banana day. Yeah, that's what it is. Oh wait! It's Saturday! Yay.

               After I brushed my teeth and cleaned up myself, I walked down the hall and headed down the stairs. I was startled as I saw Derek leaning over the counter on the kitchen as he ate cereal and stared at the T.V. I hid back into the wall. Oh God!

               Why did I get even more shy all of the sudden? Because you're alone with him Leo! That's why! Shut up and stop talking to me! You're making me sound crazy. Because you are! No! Yes! No! Yes! Shut up!

               "I know you're there." Derek mumbled with food in his mouth.

               I sighed and walked out. I waved at him and quickly dropped my hands.

               "Where is my mom?" I muttered.

               "Shopping with dad." He turned around with his bowl and continued eating as he watched me. "Did you guys finish your project?"

               "Yeah."

               "Lucky." He grinned, causing some milk to pour from his mouth. "That was so not attractive."

               I wanted to disagree so badly! He looked gorgeous even when milk and cereal drooled from his mouth! I would so lick it off if I could. Calm yourself Leo. I am calm. I am more than calm. I am so calm.

               Why would he care if he looked attractive or not? It's only me. Unless Vicky is here somewhere ... over the rainbow.

               I coughed awkwardly.

               Derek looked up with his cheeks puffed. The boy can eat. And I tried my best not to look at his chest. Don't look at it Leo. Don't. You don't want another banana in your pocket. But I was so tempted to look at it. His abs... oh... oh man.

               "Are you okay?" He asked.

               "I'm fine."

               "Are you hungry?"

               "Not really. I drank too much soda last night and I still feel full."

               "But that's not even food."

               "Derek!" I snapped. "Stop worrying about me."

               "Sorry."

               Eek! Look at that cute sad little face! Oh my gosh! I like how he cares about me, because no one has done that to me other than my mom and sometimes my dad. So it made me feel somewhat special in a way.

               "It's okay Derek..."

               I walked to the kitchen and made myself a quick sandwich. I flashed it in his face so he can see me eating. "There, I ate. Now get off my back."

               "So how are you liking it so far?"

               "The bread could be fresher..."

               "No, I mean how are you liking it here." He laughed.

               "Oh. It's alright."

               "Do you like it more here or in Italy?"

               Hm, I never had time to think about that. I looked at Derek and I knew my answer immediately. "Here." I couldn't help but smile.

               He chuckled and looked away.

               "Why?" He asked.

               "Many reasons..."

               "Can I know one?"

               "You give me hope." I answered cheerfuly.

               "Hey!" He snapped. "You aren't allowed to use that."

               "Why not? You used it on me and you didn't even give me a reasonable explination for the random dance." I snapped back.

               "Anyway," He changed the subject. "Did you have a girlfriend back in Italy that you had to leave?" He pouted.

               "No."

               "No?"

               "N.O. Jeez. How clearer can I get than that?" I rolled my eyes and walked away. I felt some weird vibe. It's like he wanted me to say something... Weird...

               "Meow. Someone is defensive."

               "I'm not..." I murmured.

               "Are so."

               He got closer to me, looking down at me, piercing through me with his stare. There was a smirk on his face as he got closer, closing the space between us. I gulped and looked up at him. Why is he getting so close? Does he want to dance again?

               "No." I said.

               "How about I throw you in the pool."

               My eyes opened wide. "You wouldn't." Oh yes he would. I made a run for it but he grabbed me easily by my waist and he pulled me up over his shoulders. He better not, I swear that if he throws me in the pool I will go on a murdering spree.

               "Derek," I gritted through my teeth. "Put. Me. Down."

               "I don't think so."

               I tried to wiggle my way from his shoulders but his hands were tightly gripped around me. I couldn't move at all. I groaned as he walked outside and leaned over the pool. I closed my eyes and just waited to be dropped. The jerk will get it I swear.

               "You know I'm just kidding." He laughed as he put me down.

               "I'm not." I grabbed his arm and swung him around, he fell right in the pool. Yeah, don't mess with Leo. I skipped away quickly just incase he decided to grab my leg and pull me in.

               I ran behind the glass door and slid it till it closed. I locked it as wet Derek walked towards it. He pressed his forehead against the glass, his breath fogging it up.

               "Open it." He demanded.

               "Uh, I don't think so."

               He quickly ran away and I dashed for the front door. I locked it. He wasn't going to reach it in time anyway. I giggled as I looked through the window to see which side he was going to come from. The bushes in front of the window I was looking at began to move.

               I eyed them and waited for him to pop out. He wasn't going to scare me. Then suddenly something other than Derek walked out of the bush. A cat. I frowned. I was suddenly grabbed by a pair of wet hands. I shrieked as Derek grabbed me from behind.

               "You forgot that I've been living here all my life. I know how to get inside." He whispered against my hear, his voice sending shudders down my body. I felt tingly where his hands touched me, my heart ... felt warm. I liked this too much.

               I felt so safe in his arms, like nothing could break through me. My stomach felt warm and fuzzy. I didn't want him to let me go but eventually I shrugged him off after it become awkward. It's not that I didn't want it, I just didn't want him to notice that I liked it.

               "You okay?" He asked.

               "Other than the fact that my clothes are wet, totally." I grumbled.

               "Then go change, go go! We're going out." He pushed me towards the stairs.

               I looked back at him. "Going out where?" I started whining when he forced me to go up the steps.

               "Stop asking questions." He muttered. "Just go change into something decent so we can go have fun."

               I kept walking and disappeared through the hall. I entered our bedroom. He wants to hang out! Aw, I could just melt right on the spot. I quickly rushed to my bed and took out my clothes. What to wear ... I need to wear something good. Something that might change his sexual preference. Just kidding!

               I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth again. I wanted to be perfect so he wouldn't see me as gross. I'm the opposite of gross, I'm like candy. I'm addictive to look at. Hehe. He must have gotten his own clothes while I was in the shower because his bed was now messy.

               I took my time and got in my clothes. Did my hair the same way I have done it since I came out of my moms vagina and drowned myself in a pool of cologne. I put too much but it always smells good on me. So the more the better!

               Why do I look so good? I'm not as good looking as Derek but damn I'm delicious. I'd lick myself if I could and if it wasn't creepy. I'd marry my own twin. I stepped out on the hall after I was ready, I probably took longer than he expected.

               "You take so long." Derek said as I appeared. He was upside down on the couch, waiting for me. "You're like a girl."

               Way to go Leo, just give him the impression that you're gay! Just do it! Do it I tell you!

               I frowned.

               "Oh lighten up, I'm just messing with you. Ready?" He said as he flipped over and flipped his hair. I nodded at him. "Your mom called, she said don't eat anything for dinner because she's going to cook for us all."

               "She should make something Italian." I muttered.

               "I think she said she will."

               "When my family comes to visit, you're going to die!" I could already taste the amazing food in my mouth! I touched Derek in the wrong place as I said this and quickly drew my hands back. I gulped and walked away. Nice one Leo.

               "Why? The food?"

               "Yeah." I felt like spinning but that would give off that I'm a ballerina. I'm not actually one but ... never mind.

               "Can't wait."

               He opened the passenger door for me and I got in. That was nice. Made me feel like a special girl. No! I don't want to feel like a girl! Why is he doing that. The dancing, the way he touches me the door! No! Stop it Leo! Don't get your hopes up, you're only going to get hurt.

               We drove off and I began to wonder where we were going. I hope not another cliff, that was kind of scary. But beautiful. Not as beautiful as Derek when I look at him. Thank God I didn't say that out loud. I thank God way too many times for things I say in my mind.

               "So where are we going?"

               "Ice skating!"

               "I've never ice skated before." I muttered.

               "Good, makes it more fun to watch you fall."

               "I'm glad that my pain is a pleasure to your eyes." I frowned.

                "Oh shut up."

               I shut my mouth.

               "Don't actually shut up." He complained. "I like it better when you talk. It's ... addictive."

               "Ha!"

               "What?"

               "Nothing." I winked at myself. I knew it...I'm ... addictive.

               A few long minutes later and Derek pulled up in front of a huge building. It was huge! This is so different from Italy. So many cars in the streets. In my opinion, Italy is more beautiful but America seems more fun.

               "Oh baby!" I shouted as I got out of the car.

               Derek grinned at me and ran to the back of the car. He took out something from the trunk and tossed it at me. It was his jacket. Aw. It's like those cheesy American romance movies. The male would always give the female his jacket when she was cold. Oh wait that's not just American. Okay, the whole world makes cheesy romance movies.

                He closed the trunk and walked with me. Why did he have to park so far away? 

               Derek took out his phone and randomly took a picture of us walking. I eyed him. "That picture better make me look good."

               "You look good..." He laughed.

               I looked back as I saw a group of motorcycles passing through the streets. All of them females. That's cool! All I see is boats in Italy. And water. And old buildings. Everything is so new here. I'm liking it!

               Specially this brother bonding time...

               We both entered and I literally froze. We weren't even inside and I felt the cold! I put on his jacket and walked in behind him. He stopped in front of the counter and took out his wallet as I trembled. I'm weak...

               "My skin is sensitive against the cold." I muttered at him as he watched me.

               He payed for both of us, I didn't argue, if a guy wants to pay for me then bring it on! We walked inside the lobby and it was warm here. I frowned and took off my jacket as the heat got to me. Then we passed a few doors and the cold hit me again. Damn you temperature!

               "Just leave your jacket on." He grunted as he took the jacket from my hand and placed it on me.

               "Okay..." I fixed the jacket.

               "Stay here, I'll get the skates."

               I sat down on the bench in front of me and hid my hands inside the jacket. I felt the warm tingling at the tips of my fingers and I smiled when Derek came back. He handed me a pair of skates and I stared at them.

               I passed a finger through the blades. Interesting.

               "Well, don't just stare at them," He sat next to me. "Put them on."

               I took off my shoes and laid them next to me. I put them on quickly and got up. Hm. I balanced and it was fine but getting on the ice was going to be difficult ... Derek stuffed our shoes in a locker and locked it.

               "You ready?" He asked me.

               "No."

               "Too bad, let's go!" He jumped up and skipped down the hall. 

               I sighed and walked towards him. We stepped in the ice skating place and it was huge. Like, hockey players must be happy to have such a huge ring! There were girls and moms sitting on the benches around, not many people. Good, I don't want people watching me fall to my death.

               Derek stepped in and skated away, he grinned back at me.

               I bet he thinks he's better. I jumped until I reached the entrance of the ring and I could see the smoke rising from my mouth. Awesome... I put one foot on the ice and gulped. It was very slippery. Oh snap! OH SNAP! THIS IS MY SONG!

               I bit my lip and stepped out into the ring. Derek just made his way around and stopped in front of me. I wanted to make him fall but that was mean. I held on to the sides and stayed in place. No way in hell I'm going ... yet ... hehehehe.

               "Race you." He said. "Unless you're scared."

               "Oh hell no you didn't."

               "Oh yes I did."

               We both stared at each other, me giving him the stare and he returning it. Then I let go of the wall and skated down the ring rapidly. Derek's jaw dropped as I circled the ring backwards. I lifted my hands up. "What's wrong? You scared?" I teased him.

               I turned around as I skated around the next curve before stopping behind Derek. I turned around again so I can face him while I kept skating backwards. I crossed my arms and stared at him. He still had his mouth wide open.

               "Oh, did I say I never skated before? I lied." I shrugged and turned around to keep skating by myself. I'm evil. Muahahaha!

               I increased my speed so the cold air could hit my face. It felt kind of good. I felt free. Until Derek suddenly came up from behind me and made me jump. At least I'm too good to fall. But the jump made me skate the other way and I ended up crashing against the wall.

               "I'm gonna kill you."

               "No you won't." He said and left.

               I got back up and skated after him. He saw me and skated faster. Jerk! Come back here! I need to stop talking to people telepathically. They never reply back. :(

               I was about to reach Derek until a pair of hands pulled my hood and I fell down along with the person who pulled me. I looked up at Nicole who was winking at me. I slapped her. Her jaw fell as she grabbed her cheek.

               "What was that for?!"

               "I could have died..."

               "Nu uh!"

               "Yes uh!"

               "Anyway, hi!" She hugged me. One of the workers blew a whistle at us because we were just sitting on the ground. My butt was becoming frozen.

                "Hi. What are you doing here?" 

               "Derek called me and thought I should join you."

               "Oh, great. Then you can watch me beat his ass at skating."

               "I already saw." She grinned. "Nice moves dog."

               I stared at Derek as he skated at the other side of us. He looked so beautiful! Why! Why! I thought I drooled so I looked away and began skating with Nicole. She was looking up at the ceiling and then she dropped her gaze to me.

               "What?" I asked her.

               "I know you like him." She swung her arms from side to side.

               "Like...who?"

               "Derek, who else?"

               "What are you talking about?" I asked nervously.

               "The way you look at him," She smiled at me. "You don't look at someone like that unless you're in love."

               "What, pfft, what are you on? Crack? Weed? Give me some too." I murmured.

               "I can keep your secret Leo." She assured me and took out her pinky finger. "Pinkypromise."

               I gulped. If I take the pinky promise then I'm telling her I'm gay and that I like Derek, I don't know about love...but like hell yeah. I sighed and took her pinky in mine. I hope I don't regret this later...

               "Yes! I knew it!" She hissed silently.

               She stuck her tongue out at Derek as he passed us and he looked like he saw a ghost. Then he fell down. Should I point and laugh? Na, I'm still feeling a little awkward about admitting that I'm gay with my finger. Wow! If I said that out loud I bet people would mistaken that as very wrong. Very ... naughty.

               Nicole did the laughing for me anyway. Her laugh was contagious.

               I shrugged at Derek as we passed him, Nicole and I had our arms locked together. We spent a few hours just skating with each other and spinning and falling. I didn't fall that many times. I can actually balance myself.

               I took out my skates and put on my shoes while Derek and Nicole bought something to eat. When I stood up it felt so weird. It felt uncomfortable without the skates. Haha. It felt funny... I walked around the benches, feeling the discomfort in my shoes. It felt flat!

               "Guys, I love this feeling." I giggled as they came towards me.

               "Here." Derek handed me a Cinnamon pretzel. I love these! I bit into it and let the warmth tingle my taste buds. Cinnamon sugar pretzels are the best.

               Derek grinned at me.

               "What? Can't a guy eat a pretzel in peace?!"

               "Sure..." He used his thumb and brushed off the Cinnamon from my chin. I pursed my eye brows, again. He's acting really strange. Does he think of me as a baby? I'm not a baby!

               Nicole was smirking at me and I shot her a look to shut up!

               If she tells him anything I might honestly cry and then die. The humiliation would kill me. And then he would tell everyone and my mom would know and then hell should rise...dramatic music.

               On the way back to our house, I stayed quiet. I just ate my pretzel like a hamster, a cute sexy hamster. I felt weird for some reason. Uncomfortable. And it wasn't because of the skates ... there was just a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

              "You okay?" Derek asked as Nicole and I entered.

              "I'll tell you when I know."

               I collapsed on the couch and closed my eyes. My head began to hurt. I feel dizzy...

               "Oh my God! Did any of you poison my food?!"

               "Nope." They both answered.

               I feel weird ... almost like nervous. 

               "Hey," Derek called me as Nicole disappeared in the kitchen. "Come here."

               "No." I waved him off. "Leave me alone. I think the cold and the warm temperatures made me sick."

               Derek reached over and grabbed me. He pulled me over his shoulders and I groaned as his shoulders pressed up against my stomach. That hurts. I let him carry me without struggling. I felt too dizzy to struggle.

               He dropped me on my bed and he closed the door. I snuggled with my pillow and closed my eyes. Soft pillow, we meet again.

               "So..." He said.

               "What?" I muttered.

               "You know how we are now brothers?" He asked, sitting on the end of my bed.

               "Yes."

               "And we have a bond to fill."

               "Kind of, sort of."

               "And you can trust me with anything..."

               I opened my eyes faster than my mom opening a can of pickles. No.. She didn't ...

               "What did Nicole tell you!?" I snapped, standing up to face him.

               "What are you talking about?" He grinned at me.

               "What.Did.She.Tell.You." I muttered angrily.

               "Nothing? Is she supposed to tell me something?"

               I relaxed and laid back on the bed. Okay good, if she told him I would probably murder him then her. I don't want anyone to know. She pinky promised! That is a sacred thing! You break it and you must die with fire!

               "I just wanted to tell you that it's okay to be different." He whispered in my ear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 109 12
Leo has everything he possibly needs in life. His mom was always so childish and free spirited, His brother Wyatt was super protected but always had...
8.9K 257 21
Leo hates Xavier until he doesn't and realises that maybe he has feelings for him. The only problem? He's agreed to help Xavier date his brother.
239K 7.8K 40
Alexi is your average high school junior. He gets good enough grades, he has an amazing best friend, and his family is super caring. But, there is a...
237 41 25
Leo is a gentle guy who happens to have feelings for guys but he tries to hide it when he goes to college unfortunately things don't go as it seems. ...