Fighting To Live, Living To D...

By CissyItsMe

!!! THIS IS A SEQUEL !!! I suggest you to read Fight For Love first, so you won't be confused in this story... More

!!! NOTE !!!
Preview !!!
« Summertime. »
« Going Home. »
« Back In Miami. »
« Is it really Love ? »
« A Little Bit Of Romance...Or What About Nah ? »
« Back To School. »
« We're Over. »
« Who Are You ? »
« Keep Your Head Up. »
« Sister And Brother. »
« Fiesta, Fiesta. » {Part.1}
« Fiesta, Fiesta. » {Part.2}
« After Party. »
« The REAL After Party. » {Part.1}
« The REAL After Party. » {Part.2}
« Trying To Compromise And Little Hassles.»
« I Apologize. »
« Let Me Drive, Please ? »
« First Date.»
« You ? Again ? »
« You Shouldn't Be Here.» {Part.1}
«You Shouldn't Be Here.» {Part.2}
«You Betrayed Us.»
« Don't Talk To Me.»
«Still Disappointed.»
«Can We Put The Past Behind Us ? »
« First Step. »
«Still Working On It.»
« What's Wrong ? »
«Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! »
« Sisters Love. »
«Valentine's Day.»
«Keep It Or...» {Part.1}
«Keep It Or...» {Part.2}
« Meet My Girlfriend. »
« Family Time. »
« Nobody Likes The Distance.»
« Bye. »
«Three Years Later.»
«Note.»

« Happy Birthday ! »

407 36 4
By CissyItsMe

''I have a great family, I live an amazing life.''

--John Oates

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

November, 3...(Thursday)

This was the day she was waiting for. Sixteen ! She was finally sixteen and it felt great. She was finally reaching another level of life. Sixteen was an important number and today was the day she was going to celebrate it. She couldn't believe it. It felt so unreal, frightening and exciting all at the same time. She was growing up, so becoming a woman more and more. The childhood was definitely behind her and she was ready to be a mature person.

Well, almost. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! " The family stormed in her bedroom happily and August was holding her strawberry cake with a sixteen birthday candle on it. 

She cheesed and blew it, "Thank you !!! " She clapped her hands in joy.

"Oh my God, my baby is a big girl today." Kim said pouting. 

"Yeah, though I could swear ya were born just yesterday." Her father joked and sat at the edge of her bed, with the cake still in his hands. 

"How does it feel to be an old lady ? " Melvin asked to mess with his big sister. 

She stuck her tongue out at him, "Shut up." She chuckled shaking her head at him. Today, nobody was about to ruin her day. It was her special day and she was going to enjoy it to the fullest. And if someone had the bad idea to make it otherwise, they were going to meet the monster Shaylia that was hiding inside her. 

"If she's old, what am I then ? " Their mother asked with her hands on her hips as they all laughed. 

"A beautiful old woman ? " Marvin teased her with narrowed eyes. 

"Get out of here before to catch these hands." She warned.

Shaylia was extremily grateful to have her family by her side no matter what. Yes, these past few weeks they went through a hard time, but who never goes through those ? What happened, happened for a reason and this reason was to make them go stronger together, as a family. 

"I love you all ! "

"When are you gonna get your license ? " Aug III asked Shay as they were getting in his car. It was her birthday, but it didn't mean that they didn't have to go to school. Plus, she had a US History quiz that she couldn't miss. 

She put her seatbelt on, "I would like to do this today, but they were already full, so it'll be tomorrow. I can't wait ! "

He nodded, "And did you get all the confirmations you needed for your birthday party ? " 

"Yes ! I have to give to daddy the list though, so he'll give it to the security guards. And my dress is supposed to be ready today, so...if my very nice big brother can drive me there after school, so I can pick it up..." 

He chuckled, "No need to be doing all that. It's your birthday, so you can have everything you want today." He said as he readjusted himself in his seat.

She beamed, "Yes ! " She turned towards the twins in the backseat, "You guys are witnesses. He said everything I want, right ? "

"Right." They answered in unison.

"So...I guess I can touch your radio today. Hm ? " She asked already with her index finger on the on/off button.

Aug III rolled his eyes, "I guess."

"Yes ! Let's go ! " She turned the radio on and Flex by Rich Homie Quan started playing in the car, "Hell yeah ! " She exclaimed dancing on her seat.

Aug III finally started the engine as they all began to sing along with the song. Shaylia was already loving this birthday. 

"Okaaaaay ! Thanks for tuning in with us this morning. Hope you're enjoying the music. Now, we have something special for Shaylia Alsina and it's from her father, happy birthday princess ! Folks make sure to wish her a happy b-day. Enjoy beautiful ! " DJ Envy said and then All the Way by Tamar Braxton in a New Orleans bounce remix echoed in the car. 

"Oh ! THAT'S MY SONG ! " Shay screamed and turned the volume up, then started to sing on the top of her lungs. 

As they were pulling in front of their high school, Shay's phone suddenly started vibrating and ringing crazily. Seemed like everybody decided to give her some birthday love at the exact same time, plus with the announcement about it at the radio, it wasn't helping because her social networks were popping like there was no tomorrow. 

"Damn ! I guess I'm gonna do my Instagram post later." Aug III said as the twins nodded in the backseat agreeing with him.

"Definitely." They spoke together. 

Shay grinned and unlocked her screen to first check her iMessages. They were twenty of it and as she opened it, five more came. 

MawMaw 💖: 'OMG ! Can't believe it ! You're 16 and getting more and more beautiful as the years passed by. I'm proud to be your grandma and know that I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and even more. I'm missing you, but we gotta see each other this weekend and I can't wait to celebrate with you ! Oh, you're gonna love my gift 😏 Oh and yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! 😘😘😘😘😘 '

Auntie Cha 💋: 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY Auntie's big Princess 👑 !!!!! Have a nice day and keep being the amazing young lady you are. LUH YA 😘😘❤ '

Uncle Trav😝😛🎉: 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY Princess 🎁🎊🎊🎈🎂 Make sure to rest until Saturday 'cause we're gonna celebrate hard, NOLA style 🎷🍷🍹🍸🍻🎆 '

Cha Cha by D.R.A.M started playing as she was reading more, nodding her head to the beat. She was enjoying her day.

Noonie 💄: 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY lil' cousin. LUUUUUUUUUUUH YAAAAAA SOOOOOOO MUUUUCH ❤❤❤❤❤😘 '

Kay 💁: 'HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! Can't believe you're big   1⃣6⃣   ! Yesterday you were just a baby lol LOVE 😘❤💋 '

And then the bell suddenly rang getting her out of her trance. She was too busy reading the birthday messages. She pouted, "But I didn't read everything." 

"Don't worry, you'll have time later." Melvin said as the four got out of Aug III's car and he locked it. As she got her feet on the ground, people that was there began to sing to her. 

"Oh my Gosh ! Thanks so much ! " She thanked them when they were done and then made her way with Aug III in the building. The twins went in their own way with their friends. 

Shay couldn't make a step without someone wishing her a happy birthday. This day was all about positivity. 

"It's my best friend's birthday ! " Cympho yelled and hugged Shay tightly making her giggle. Soon, Narcissa joined them. 

"Finally ! Happy birthday ! So, how does it feel to be in our club now that you're sixteen ? " Narci asked as they pulled away. 

"Fantastic ! " Shay answered. 

"I know right ! Selfie ! " Cympho held her phone up.

"Let me help." Aug III somewhat photobombed, but since he allowed them to have a good angle for their photo, he was all forgiven. 

"Thanks." Cympho took back her phone and posted the recent pic on her Instagram, "I'll make an official post later though. I didn't have time this morning."

"Me either." Narci added.

"Oh, it's okay. Y'all don't have to do this."

"What are you talking about ? Of course we have ! This is the tradition. Plus, you did one for us, so it's only right we do one for you." Cympho said as she pulled her phone in her bag. 

"Aw, thanks."

The day was a success. All day, Shay kept getting birthday love and it actually felt great to have so much people caring for her. Even if she wasn't friends with some, they wished her a happy birthday and sang for her anyways. Everybody was being extremely nice with her and even the teachers. 

Now was almost eleven o'clock and time to go to bed. Shay was exhausted and also a bit anxious since she was going to have her driving exam tomorrow. But she was confident, she had to. She was determined to get that license, so she could finally be a bit more independent. She was tired to have to depend on someone to go somewhere. With her license in the pocket, she could move even more. 

She couldn't wait. 

She rubbed her stomach feeling a little bad since she had eaten way too much cake at the dinner. She loved that dinner. Her mother and little sisters cooked her favorite meal, the family was reunited and they made the day even more special. 

She appreciated it so much.

As she was laying down on her bed to finally get to sleep, her phone vibrated on her nightstand. She hadn't time to see all the messages and she didn't even go on her social networks, so she decided that she was going to check everything the next day or during the weekend, so she could make sure to thank everybody. She brought the screen to her eyes level and instantly smiled.

Her parents and her siblings -except June and the triplets- had just posted something for her on Instagram. 

AugustAlsina: '' Thank you God for this beautiful blessing #GodIsTheGreatest ! Today, my little princess (who is not that little anymore 😢) celebrated her sixteen birthday. Sixteen ? Yes, time sure flies. I wish I could find a way to make you stay my little baby, but it's impossible. Anyways, Happy Earth day and as you're growing up and becoming a woman, never forget that daddy loves you and will always be there for you. ❤ #DaddysPrincess 👑 @Shay_AlsinaII ''

And with that, there was a picture of Shay and her father at her first birthday party. This was their favorite one together. 

KimAlsina: '' Can't believe you're 16 today, but we unfortunately have to let you grow up. I'm proud of you and an Instagran caption wouldn't be enough to express all the love I have for you, so I'm gonna keep it short...Happy Birthday and I LOVE YOU 😘💗 #MommysBeautifulPrincess @Shay_AlsinaII ''

The pic was a collage with sixteen photos of Shay since first year old to now.

TwinsAlsina: ''Happy birthday to the best big sister of the world 😘 Even if we fight very often and love annoying you, you know how much we LOVE YOU ❤❤ @Shay_AlsinaII ''

She laughed seeing the pic of them when the twins were three and her four and they were at the beach having a family fun time. The three were making funny faces.

AugustAlsinaIII: ''We're bout to go up 🔼 🎉🎊🎈 on a Saturday, belee dat *in our old man's voice* 😝 My little Shay-Shay. I don't know if I tell you this enough, but know that I love you very much. And I don't want you to be sixteen and to grow up 😢😥😭 because then I'll really have to kill a nigga 😒💣🔫🔪💉💊 But anyways, I love you and I'm proud to be your big brother. I'm grateful to have you in my life, even if you can be a real pain in the ass, but that's who you are and I have to accept you with your little flaws. But without them, you wouldn't be you, so stay an annoying little sister 💁 And know that you're an extraordinary person ! But you're really annoying, sometimes. No, often LOL 😘 True, I wasn't too happy the first time I knew about your existence 😞😔😭😩 when you were still in mom's belly, but when I saw you for the very first time 👀 and we made that eye contact...oh man ! ✨ I don't know how to explain it, but yeah I immediately saw you as the precious little sister that I will always protect. I had protected you from the monsters under your bed and I will keep kicking everybody's ass for you if I have to 👊👊👊 Well, before to start a book here...HAPPY BIRTHDAY child 🎂🎂🎂 I LOVE YOU like I made you 😂❤ #YeahIDidRaiseYourAnnoyingAss #MySista #MyPartna #MyRideOrDie #MyLittleShadow #IHopeIllBePaidOneDayForEverythingIHadDoneForYourAssThoCauseARealNiggaDeservesIt #TheLongestHashtagInHistoryWasWrittenByMe 🏆 #IfYouDidntWishHerAHappyBDayDoItNOW Happy Birthday again Princess 👑💛 @Shay_AlsinaII ''

Shaylia laughed at the hashtags as she wiped her tears of joy away. She stared at the picture that was actually a collage of selfies they did together these past three years. Some, she didn't even know that he still had them, but she was glad he kept them. 

Shay put her phone back on the nightstand and finally went to sleep with a hug smile on her face. 

______________________

Let me know what you think about this chapter =)

THANKS FOR READING GUYS !  💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
632K 14.1K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...