Your Eternal Promise

By LiannQ

Title: 应许之地 Author:莲鹤夫人 Status: 57 Chapters (Ongoing) Description: I want to hold your hand and go together t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Extra

64

38 0 0
By LiannQ

"Ha," Juan Fonseca found it interesting. He squinted his eyes and looked at Agape who suddenly laughed. "What bad idea did you have in your head, boy? I have already thought of it." I heard that this island is not only a mixed bag of fish and dragons, but also a transit point for all forces, and it is also the largest slave trade in the world..." The

bishop's voice gradually deepened, and he stared at the small dot on the map - not much bigger than a grain of rice. At this point, I suddenly realized something.

"It's easy to defend but hard to attack. It's not an easy bone to chew on." The bishop whispered, "The island is ownerless, but there are many backers behind it..." "Is it

more powerful than an empire?"

"Shi Chu Wuming, What kind of morale can there be in the army?"

"In your Majesty's territory, an appalling accident like a large-scale slave trade would actually occur, and how many families would be torn apart. Such a just act of justice cannot be regarded as a famous act?" "If we

invest in and If the harvest is not proportional, then this just war is useless." "

Then there is nothing to say! The wealth of the White Tower is beyond your imagination. How many gold and silver treasures are displayed at your feet for pleasure. Rare treasures. The slaves there can weave gold and diamonds into clothes and wear them, just because they are the property of the slave owner. They appear in splendor, all to show off the slave owner's collection and financial resources..." "

Then Merchant ships and cargo ships from other countries?"

"Just let them leave. The wealth accumulated by the White Tower is already considerable. There is no need for us to offend merchants from other countries and regions."

The bishop rubbed his heraldic ring. He was silent for a long time and whispered Said: "You are making a very serious accusation, child. Now, let me ask you again: How much gold reserves are there in the White Tower?" "

Honestly, I can't give an exact number, but in my opinion The White Tower already existed before he was born." Agape said, "A slave owner is like the ruler of his small kingdom. How much can the combined property of hundreds of kings have? However, I Know that slave owners have a treasury."

"A treasury," Juan Fonseca repeated urgently.

"Yes, that's right!" Agape said, "They transformed it from the cabin of a scrap ship. The steel door has a brass turntable lock on it. Each slave owner has a piece of his own inside. They usually tie the small key of the treasury around their necks. To say how big the treasury is... I think it can't be smaller than your living room, right?" "

Damn it!" The bishop's breathing became heavier. His eyes were already ignited with fire, the fire ignited by gold and cannon fire, "Ah, what a hell! You described such a tempting scene to me! Sit down quickly and get some paper and pen! Let's go! I look at the structure of this island, and I want you to tell everything you know. You have to dig out every detail about it from your memory!" "

Well," Agape smiled, "But, after all, I After being away for many years, there may have been new changes there, which I can't predict for sure."

Juan Fonseca eagerly pushed aside the debris on the table and spread the parchment. , glanced at him.

"I don't know where you left for many years, young man." He said, "Stop talking nonsense, sit here quickly and pour out everything you know!"

Until late at night, Agape said All the secrets in his memory, all the stories he knew about the island. Ten years have passed, but the experience in the White Tower is still as vivid as if it happened yesterday.

But this time it was different. When he recalled those humiliating memories, the past where he had to sell his trembling body, offer a trembling smile, huddle in a corner, be obedient and aware of current affairs in order to survive, could no longer shake him or make him Stressed to the point of difficulty breathing.

Because he talked about all this with a relaxed and earnest mood, every word that came out of his lips at this moment, every line drawn by his hands, had their power, and they were secretly. It will determine the direction in which the artillery is concentrated, and how the slave master will die and be punished with a sharp blade.

Agape even felt vaguely curious and amused.

Late night has arrived, and it should be the time for drunkenness and debauchery on the White Tower. At the same time that the guests were hugging the slaves for fun, and at the same time that the slave traders were counting the jingling, shining, or greasy coins, they would think that there was an escaped slave thousands of miles away, plotting against them. of destruction and death?

This feeling was so wonderful that it made Agape feel light and airy. When the bishop asked him what to do with the remaining slaves, Agape said: "Just give them their freedom, give them some money, and a legal citizenship certificate. Freedom is the most precious wealth in a person's life." , what they want to do next is their choice."

The bishop recorded his opinion and asked casually: "So, where are the militiamen and slave owners on the island? Do you want to meet them and get a feel for the enemy? How does it feel to cry bitterly and kneel down to beg?"

"Oh," Agape smiled, "Forget it. I don't want to see their hateful faces anymore, and I don't want to see anyone kneeling in front of me anymore... "

He was silent for a while, then cheered up and said: "Execute them, they are all unforgivable people." "

Okay," said the bishop, "in order to do this beautifully, tomorrow, I will You give... No, now, you draft a letter right now and send it to the Empress and Queen of Spain, and then put your private seal on it and I will check it. You are to send it to Isabella as a dear friend. Queen La made a request, saying that you heard about the changes in the territory of our country, and saw that the territory of the Principality of Milan also included the White Tower...Make up some affectionate and beautiful reasons! Pick and choose what you just said to me. As long as she is willing to agree Speaking for you, we have a 50% chance of winning and mobilizing the naval marshal to the battlefield."

"Where is the remaining 50%?" Agape asked.

Juan Fonseca grinned. Under the candlelight, he stared at the map greedily like a brooding old wolf.

"The remaining 50% requires a little subtlety, a little... push." ​​He said, "Watch and learn, kid."

The next morning, the bishop, who had barely slept all night, was full of energy and invited Several members of the Castilian Parliament held a gathering, and Agape sent a letter to Isabella, who was recovering in Avila, with Lily's greetings attached.

Two weeks later, the emissary sent by Charles I arrived at the Palace of Seville. The envoy and the bishop had a secret discussion in the study for a long time. Agape listened to the whole process and was responsible for providing key information. He repeatedly confirmed the wealth of the White Tower to the envoy. There is no doubt about it.

Three weeks later, the spies set out from Milan in batches. Each of them held a secret letter made with a special image in his arms. It showed the situation of the White Tower defenders in Agape's memory, the general terrain, the coastal defense line and the locations where the militiamen were stationed. Location. They sneaked into the merchant ships without leaving a trace and boarded the islands to confirm whether the conditions at these key locations were correct.

A month and a half later, the Holy Roman Emperor, King of Spain, and Ruler of Castile and Aragon suddenly sent envoys and a fleet of light ships to the unclaimed island called the White Tower. The envoys brought the emperor's greetings to the slave owners on the island and claimed the jurisdiction of the Duchy of Milan over this sea area.

As the legal owner of the Duchy of Milan, Charles I required the residents of the island to fulfill their obligations and pay the emperor various taxes that had been forgotten for decades - a total amount of 650,000 florins. of huge wealth.

The slave owners in the White Tower were furious and in chaos.

They have been the carefree emperors on the island for too many years, and they never thought that one day, a real emperor would come to announce such harsh sanctions.

The slave owners were forced to gather together and hold a convention to decide their common opinions and how to deal with the Spanish envoys. To them, 650,000 florins of gold coins was not a lot, but once it was delivered, it meant that the White Tower must be under the jurisdiction of Spain. From now on, it will be controlled by others, and it will no longer be the lawless place it used to be.

They decided to delay, and during the delay, they gathered bandits and pirates from nearby waters to guard the island and asked for help from the many sponsors behind the White Tower.

It's a pity that pirates are so lawless and lawless. As they approached the White Tower, they had a friction with the Spanish official's light mast. At first, they just yelled and cursed, and one side blocked the other side from passing. However, friction soon turned into conflict, which then intensified into bloodshed. A sailing ship was unfortunately sunk, and the sailors on board were also damaged.

This must be a declaration of war, a provocation from this lawless island to a powerful empire.

Three months later, the Spanish navy set out from the seaport of the Principality of Milan. The marshal of the navy and the viscount who accompanied him stood on the command ship, listening to the horns blasting in their ears, like a thousand black whales entering the water.

"I hope you won't resent my unfamiliarity with water," Agape showed a gentle smile, "I have little experience and have never been on such a magnificent ship." The

navy marshal is a old-fashioned, stubborn man with a loud voice. The viscount who followed him took it as a favor sent by the emperor to supervise the battle, and it was a good opportunity to commend himself. He laughed loudly: "Then you have to protect your ears! When the artillery salvo fires, the sound is louder than thunder!" "

I will definitely do it," Agape promised, "And, believe me, here In fact, I am more looking forward to the moment when the artillery fires than you are."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 4.7K 42
The Cannon Fodder Little Wife of a Wealthy Old Man [Wearing Books] 豪门老男人的炮灰小娇妻[穿书] Author 江中月 Status 42 Chapters Description The man in the dream loo...
705K 1.2K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
181K 15.9K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
270K 40.6K 104
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး