Cat's Way to Survive a Natura...

By Reina714

MLT Title: 猫猫的天灾求生路 Author: 狸奴不吃鱼 ... Xu Ning is an ordinary person living in a peaceful world. On th... More

01: The Crazy Searching Cat Boy
02: Cats in the Villa Area
03: A Cat who understand human writing
04: 'Social Fear' Kitten
05: Sleeping on a mat
06: The looting begins
07: Disgusting Humans
08: Licking Maomao for the first time
09: A kitten with fleas
10: Cried by Flea & Dog Gang
11: The Cat with Electricity
12: Black Cat Hunting
13: The powerful black cat
14: The Black Cat Confessing
15: Gossip Cats and Dogs
16: Secretly Jealous
17: The fire-breathing bird
18: Black Cat's Surprise
19: Early Warning
20: Escape
21: Cave
22: Possible epidemics
23: Busy Night
24: Back on the road
25: Journey
26: Not as big as a bamboo rat
27: Aboriginal Requirements
28: A useless cat
29: Take a shower~
30: New Plan
31: Town 01
32: Town 02
33: Mutated Pig
34: The black cat fell asleep
35: Is Feng Nian awake?
36: The first hunt
37: Feng Nian wakes up
38: A Beautiful Day
39: Daily life
40: Before the Storm
41: Lipstick
42: Big black and white cat
43: Epidemic
44: Xu Ning is sick
45: Illness 02
46: Playing
47: Continuous Heavy Rain
48: Imagination
49: New Action
50: Human Patrol
51: Robber
52: Looting the first pet store
53: Cubs
54: Complete the mission ~
55: Laying out the cave
56: Ashue's joining
57: Human Busyness
58: The cat chops down the tree
59: Middle-aged Man
60: Sui Sui
61: New Crisis
62: Preparing for War
63: Dead Man
64: Ningning and Qiqi
65: The cats and dogs disappearing in the town
66: I don't know what to call it
67: Battle with Tigers
68: The tiger is dead
69: Returning home after the end of the year
70: Daily life
71: Stealing food
72: Caught
73: Children in the Mountain
74: Giving a child away
75: See you soon
76: Meeting
77: A Pleasurable Day
79: Eating
80: The First Wave of Cooling Down
81: The white cat with random thoughts
82: Cold
83: Lying down
84: The fierce cat acts coquettishly
85: Human
86: Humans on the Mountain
87: Injured
88: I don't know what to call it
89: Another big cooling down
90: It's almost the Chinese New Year
91: Preparations Before the Year
92: Chinese New Year
93: Chinese New Year
94: A special season is coming
95: Today is a good day~
96: New Events
97: Stories in the Town
98: Moving to a new home!
99: Zaizai in the dream
100: Cats who can't play with catnip
101: A trip to town
102: Ambush
103: Going home!
104: Feng Nian "lost his mind and went crazy"
105: I love you
106: Attacked
107: Nutrition during pregnancy
108: The emergence of good habits
109: At the market
110: Cat's house is not short of food
111: Strange Wolves
112: Storm
113: A Thoughtful Night
114: The Purpose of the Wolves
115: Going Home
116: Recuperation
117: Big Tree
118: Zaizai is here!
119: Raising a cub
120: Raising a Zai Zai 2
121: The Construction of Cat and Dog Mountain
122: Visiting Group
123: Then you should still be jealous
124: Summer is coming
125: Zaizai is crying
126: End of text

78: Winter is coming

259 6 0
By Reina714

 Xu Ning divided one-fifth of the things left by Li Xiancheng and others into the collective food, and put the rest next to Suisui's food.

  The sky outside had begun to darken. Xu Ning and Feng Nian were busy collecting the tiger meat that had been drying for a few days. When Sui Sui wanted to refuse, they ran away quickly.

  Sui Sui can only put things away first.

  After all, the sun has been much milder these days, and the tiger meat that has been drying for several days has not been dried. Xu Ning and Feng Nian took a big box and packed it all into the space before returning home.

  In the next few days, we stocked up on winter food step by step. During this period, we all ate a lot and exercised a lot. The meat on our bodies grew in a straight line. Even the seven animals that were skinny when we came here have gained a lot of weight.

  The weather was getting colder and colder. On the afternoon of the third day when Xu Ning estimated that it would snow soon and brought in all the firewood drying outside, snowflakes fell from the sky in scattered pieces.

  The cats and dogs playing outside saw snowflakes falling in the sky, jumped up and ran inside to notify Xu Ning and Feng Nian.

Today's temperature is already very low. The thermometer Xu Ning took out and placed on the firewood showed a temperature of minus three degrees. The wind outside was also very strong. If cats and dogs were not naturally playful, they would not stay outside. .

  The other animals on Cat and Dog Mountain went back to their dens early to stay.

  This was the first snow Xu Ning had encountered since traveling through time. Xu Ning was excited to go out to see the snow, but as soon as he arrived at the entrance of the cave, he was blown over by the cold wind.

  The kitten sat up a little with the help of the big black cat, and said blankly with his mouth open: "It's such a strong wind."

  Not only was it windy, but the sky was covered with thick dark clouds. It was only two or three o'clock in the afternoon, but the light was already as dark as night.

  Xu Ning stuck his head out to look, and saw snowflakes falling from the sky, falling on the tip of the kitten's nose and eyebrows, and on the kitten's back hair.

  The white cat found a beautiful snowflake falling on the tip of his nose, and stretched out his tongue to reach for it. The cool snowflakes began to melt when they touched the warm tip of the tongue, and the little nose became wet.

  The cold wind blew, Xu Ning shivered and returned to the black cat and said repeatedly: "It's going to snow heavily. Let's go back quickly and secure the door in the human world after entering."

  Feng Nian looked at the dark clouds in the sky and shouted to the few who were still playing outside.

  Back in the cave, Qiqi had already lit a fire, and Gao Fei was shivering and roasting his feathers next to the fire. He didn't know when he came back.

  Judging from the color of the flames, I guess it has been back for a while.

  After counting the numbers in the cave, Xu Ning took out the door in the space. Feng Nian took the door and picked out a few cats and dogs and went out to fix the door at the entrance of the cave.

  Most of the strong wind blowing in was immediately blocked, and the remaining cold wind, after being blocked by the curtains inside, could not cause any harm to the cats and dogs who had a fire to roast.

  After they finished the door, Xu Ning took out the cat litter and oversized iron basins and placed them in the corridor.

  "After that, all the pee and poop will be here. Just go out and empty it every few days to avoid getting cold."

  Xu Ning muttered, while Feng Nian and several dogs and cats were busy, he started to remove the odor-removing and sterilizing spray from the space, as well as those fragrant beads that can be packed in boxes.

  Humans love to be clean, and they also love to keep smelly pets. The sales volume of these things in human pet stores is comparable to that of commonly needed food and cat litter.

  "Pour some of this into each basin. There is no need to keep this bottle."

  Xu Ning stuffed the fragrant beads he found into Feng Nian, and placed the deodorizing and sterilizing spray next to him. Afterwards, he looked at the situation and called the cat to spray it.

  After doing this, Xu Ning could no longer bear the cold ground under her feet and jumped on the mattress, waiting for Feng Nian and several other cats and dogs to come back.

  The cave is so big that cats and dogs sleep on each side.

  When Xu Ning returned to the cat, he found that the side of the fire had been filled with crowded furries. At first glance, it looked like a plush carpet.

  Xu Ning didn't want to squeeze in with them, so she squatted down on the mattress.

  Although it is a bit far from the fire, this position is much higher than the pile of cats below, so the heat can be transmitted unimpeded. In addition, the ground under the belly is not cold, but it is warm.

  It's just that the wind blowing down from above made my back a little cold.

  Xu Ning shivered and moved closer to the black cat.

  Feng Nian looked worriedly at the kitten, which was spending the winter for the first time, and asked, "Is it too cold? Do you want to cover yourself with something?"

  Xu Ning shook his head, "It's okay, I'm just not used to it."

  It was not that it had never experienced a temperature of minus three degrees, but it was a bit strange to feel the temperature with a cat's body, and the flesh pads stepped directly on the cold ground, so cold that its whole head was covered.

  The shivers I'm shivering now are due to the coolness of the ground I just stepped on. I can't help but shiver when I think about it.

  The black cat licked the kitten's forehead and lay down around Xu Ning, just encircling the white cat's back.

  Xu Ning blinked and asked curiously: "Feng Nian, have you grown up again?"

  If I remember correctly, when it was three or four months old, Feng Nian had no way to wrap his arms around it, so he had to use his tail instead. Why was he able to wrap his arms around half of it today?

  Feng Nian was confused, "Is there any?"

  "Yes." Xu Ning was sure, "I already have a long body and you still hug me, I must have grown up again!"

  There is no accurate tool for cats to estimate the physical growth of Feng Nian, so the topic ended up being dropped. The two cats squinted their eyes and warmed themselves up by the fire for a while. When they felt that the chill on their bodies had faded, they returned to their nest.

  When I went out to watch the snow, the nest that was quite warm when I fell asleep was a bit cold now when I went in. Xu Ning considered the possibility of covering it with a quilt to prevent the temperature of the quilt from leaking out, and buried herself in the black cat's arms to find some space. Come inside.

  If the temperature continues to drop tomorrow, you can take out the quilts in the space and share them with everyone. You will be very warm under the quilts.

  Not wanting to go down and squeeze in with everyone else, Xu Ning started rummaging through cotton-padded clothes in the space.

  Of course they didn't take this thing in the town, but took it in from Ruirui's family. Ruirui took her own food, snacks and toys. Seeing Xu Ning's interest in the rest, she didn't ask for any of them. There were quite a lot of thick clothes inside.

  It didn't take long for Xu Ning to find a down jacket. The color of the clothes was a bit old and the style was not good-looking, but the thickness was very good. Xu Ning put the down jacket alone in the space, planning to wait until the temperature dropped again.

  The cold wind blew loudly outside, and penetrated through the gap between the door and the cave wall, making a strange and terrifying whine.

  The wind blew past the door and blew the heavy curtains, causing them to bulge inwards. Xu Ning looked at the bulging bags and was a little worried that the curtains would be opened.

  Fortunately, the wind didn't have that strength yet. After it couldn't lift the curtain, it poured into the cave from the edge.

  The wind was strong and it was so cold that the cat's nose seemed to be frozen.

 The original idea of ​​waiting for the temperature to drop again was thrown out of his mind. Xu Ning took out his down jacket and covered the entire nest.

  Feng Nian's vision suddenly darkened, "What's wrong, Ning Ning?"

  "Leng, let's go down and share the quilts with them." Xu Ning blew out two puffs of hot air, "There are always a few who can't get a seat next to the fire, and there are also puppies from the dog gang..."

  Feng Nian listened to it speak in a trembling little voice and said, "How about you take out the things and I will deliver them to them."

  Xu Ning: ...I have to say, it's heart-pounding.

  Feng Nian saw that the kitten was still a little hesitant, so he patted it on the head and said, "I move very quickly, and I have experienced winter, so I am not that afraid of the cold."

  Xu Ning thought for a while and felt that what it said made sense. He opened a corner of his paw and reached out, releasing all the quilts that had been arranged in the space. There were too many quilts, and their nests were high up, so they started to roll down as soon as they were put out.

  It was Feng Nian who used his powers early to fix those quilts in mid-air.

  Xu Ning warned: "Remember to tell the dog not to lie directly on the quilt, but to get under the quilt and cover it."

  Dogs are not as cold-conscious as cats, nor are they as flexible as cats, so all the quilts are placed under their bodies, not only getting no warmth, but also wasting a good quilt.

  Feng Nian nodded to indicate that he had remembered, got out and left with the quilt.

  Xu Ning has been around for a long time, and Feng Nian knows how to count. It is not a problem to divide the quilt into two parts evenly.

  The heat source around him left. Xu Ning shivered in the nest for a while. Seeing that the wind coming in through the cracks was less, he went outside.

  It put the down jacket into the space, changed its position in the space, pulled it out again with the front side facing up, found the position of the zipper, pressed the two sides with its front feet, bit the zipper with its teeth and pulled it up.

  Pulling a little, moving two steps forward, and pulling a little more, Xu Ning finally got the down jacket ready before the black cat came back.

  Putting the down jacket into the nest again, Xu Ning folded up the lower part and pressed it underneath, and folded the sleeves forward to block the front, leaving only a little collar exposed, making it easier for him and Feng Nian to get in and out.

  It looks very warm.

  Xu Ning walked around outside, got in contentedly, and hid herself out of sight at the collar.

  As soon as Feng Nian came back from delivering the quilt, he found that his kitten was missing. He turned around, found the exact entrance and went in. He lay down next to the kitten, blocking the insignificant cold wind blowing in from the collar.

  Xu Ning lay there for a long time and there was only a little bit of heat, and as soon as his belly was moved away, it dispersed. Now Feng Nian came back like a big oven, and he suddenly sighed in comfort.

  "Is it still cold now?" Feng Nian asked with a smile.

  Xu Ning shook his head, and the fur slid on the big black cat's face, "It's not cold anymore. But I feel like winter will be so sad."

  The temperature was so high that humans could freeze to death. Xu Ning felt that what they had been busy collecting for so long was still not enough.

  Maybe it shouldn't leave any place for wind in and out.

  With such a strong wind, no matter how hard it is blocked, there will always be people coming in. It is impossible to suffocate them to death in the cave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 95.3K 28
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
855K 71.4K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
463K 26.3K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
138K 7.6K 40
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 Aarohi and Siddharth's tale began unexpectedly at her brother's wedding. Their connection spa...