Lavender

Od weirdorandolmao

"He definitely wants to sleep with you," he taunts. "Excuse me?" I look at him weirdly, "What are you even ta... Více

introduction
visuals
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
53
54
55
56

52

1.1K 34 27
Od weirdorandolmao

She looks so good right now. I don't know if it's the Paris air or if it's just her.

Who am I kidding? It's always her.

I watch her as she walks with her hands behind her back, counting her fingers, as she explores the walls carefully and slowly.

I know she couldn't care less about me and I know she doesn't like me, but holy shit do I like her.

I try my best to pay attention to the painting and not seem like a stalker but it is so hard. I seriously don't know how I've been dealing in silence this long.

I do appreciate the paintings, they're so good. I'm glad Lavender has the opportunity to see other great artists.

I hear her sweet laugh and almost snap my neck looking over. She's laughing with Colton and Harper.

"Where do you want to go after?" I hear a voice. I look over to see Faye smiling up at me.

"Um, I'm not sure. I was just thinking of going to a bakery or something." I focus my attention back on Lavender.

I really hope Faye doesn't think I like her. I don't want her to think I'm leading her on. I only have my eyes set on one woman and one woman only.

She's gonna be the death of me.

-
I ended up taking my own path and began exploring by myself.

I'm starting to appreciate art more. Most of these paintings look like they've taken years.

I get to the skylight room where it's all statues.

I stop at a statue that catches my full attention. The way it's covered in detail is actually wild.

I examine the paw on his thigh, looking closer I see it's a lion.

Huh.

I'm about to pull out my phone to research it but someone bumps into me. I know that body.

Looking down, Lavender mumbles. "Pardon me."

She looks up and instantly relaxes. "Oh, just you. How's your time so far?"

I can't help but smile. "Mines good, interesting. How is yours, Lavender?"

"Amazing. There are more museums here, I think I'm gonna explore those in my free time." She glances at the statue. "Do you like this one?"

"I do."

"This is called 'Milo of Croton'. They say he's an athlete, possibly a narcissist, who wanted to test his strength by splitting a tree trunk with his bare hands. He trapped his hand in the tree trunk and was unable to release himself. Then later, he was devoured by a lion," she says ever so casually like it's common sense.

She is so intelligent.

I nod, I admire her while she stares at the statue.

"Where's your buddy? Breaking the rules, Rivera?" She suddenly asks, glancing back at me.

I shrug. "Where's yours, Quinn?"

"I think she's in the restroom, not too sure."

I physically can't stop looking at her.

"Have you seen the Mona Lisa yet?"

"It was crowded when I went last time, so no."

She bites her bottom lip and grabs my hand, pulling me to the desired painting.

This was the main reason we came to Paris on this field trip. It's smaller than I imagined.

I look over at Lav to see her taking pictures of the painting.

I smile.

"Is it what you imagined?" I ask.

She looks over. "Well... it's an experience."

I nod and look around.

I see our group of friends come up. "Hey, Lovey. We're going to take Instagram pictures, come with us."

Lav turns and nods. Harper drags her but before she leaves, she grabs my hand and drags me too.

We go back to the statue area and the girls huddle around to plan out their pictures.

I focus my attention back to the statue that got my attention. 'Milo of Croton', as Lavender called it.

I've seen the admiration in art but now that I've finally found a piece I actually enjoy, I'll have to focus on it more. Besides Lav's art, I wouldn't really care for it.

In order to enjoy it you must find the right one first just like everything else.

"Can I ask you something, man?"

I turn my head to see Sage walking towards me.

I nod. "Sure."

"Did you know Theo and Lavender kissed?"

I feel my heart drop. I've never had that happen before.

"What?" I ask.

Sage shrugs. "Apparently so. I don't know, I just feel weird knowing it. I thought you should know too because I can't deal with this alone."

He pats me on the back after he gets called over by the girls.

Theo got a kiss? How did he get a kiss? He literally just got her number. I've been trying for years. I'm even happy with a glimpse of her smile.

I'm not usually a jealous guy but when it comes to Lavender, holy crap. I will walk through fire for her to just look at me. I love her eyes. I love her.

I focus back on the laughing coming from the beautiful light brown-haired girl. She could pass for dirty blonde if she wanted to. She can say anything and I'd believe anything it is.

She's laughing at something Theo said. They might as well just fuck on the floor.

No, sorry.

I clear my throat and make my way over. I keep quiet and watch as they plan out their poses.

———

"You could like turn your back and play with your hair, no?" Harper explains.

I nod and lick my lips.

Harper plans with Lynn and Faye next so I look around the room yet my eyes land on Elijah. He's rolling up the sleeves of his black button-up.

Funny, I guess we both had the black-on-black idea. It's not bad though.

He looks good in all black.

He begins to roll up his right sleeve and he catches my stare. I expect him to look away but he keeps it. His eyes look a little upset, is that a weird thing to notice?

Slowly, he rolls up his last sleeve. He tilts his head and gazes somewhere else. I follow his look over to Theo who's talking with Sage.

My heart still drops every time I see him talking to my brother, he would kill me if he found out we kissed. I don't know.

Or worse, he tells Elijah.

Not that I care what he thinks, it is just that it is none of his business. Of course. That is all.

I mean... am I going to admit a small part of me wishes I kissed Elijah? No. I am taking that to my grave.

Theo is such a nice boy, I am still so upset for leading him on. Even though he broke it off, I still feel bad. I know it's my fault. That's fine, I know. It's just that— it felt... wrong in a way.

"You're staring again, Lovey. What is it?"

I jump slightly before turning my attention to my best friend. "Nothing wrong. I'm just observing." I kindly smile.

"Right." She reluctantly nods her head. "Okay well Mr. Thomas gave us all the clear to leave now if we wanted to, I'm ready when you are."

"Just one more hour?" I plead.

"Sure," Harper replies.

I explore more by myself. I enjoy being by myself, nobody to ask me questions or annoy me. I know I'm supposed to have a buddy but I don't think anyone understands how much I've wanted this.

My father and I used to talk about seeing old paintings here. I definitely got the painting gene from my dad. When he wasn't hiding in his room, he was hiding in the garage painting. It was rare but I still enjoyed seeing it. At least I knew he was okay. I was always too scared to ask to join so I would stay put behind the door and peek through from there.

I guess painting was his peace too.

Now that I'm here, I'm gonna enjoy it for him and myself.

My phone comes out every second to take pictures of absolutely everything I see. This is such an experience for me.

I go back to meet my friends in the statue area after my hours are over. I know there's still more to explore but that just means I have to come back. I will see the entire museum someday.

Harper stands when she sees me walking into the room. "I am starving. Wanna go to a café or something?"

"Sure."

Us, Sage, Elijah, Theo, Faye, Lynn, and Colton all walk to the exit. We walk out the the street a little until Colton asks someone in French where the best café is.

Once he gets directions, he thanks the locals and begins walking while we follow him. I notice Elijah looking off into the streets with still a sad look on his face.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask. I do not know why. It is not like I care.

He glances at me for one second before staring back off into space. "Yeah. Fantastic, Lavender."

My eyebrows furrow at his tone. He has never said my name that way. Did I do something?

Oh no...

———

A/N:

Holy crap. It has been such a long time. I cannot express how thankful I am for you guys being patient.

———

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

94.1K 2.4K 45
"The answer is 'A,'" I say, keeping my voice light and kind. Carter snorts from beside me. "No, it's 'C.'" Bingo. I was hoping he'd say that. "The qu...
9.6K 184 13
"I hate you," she whispered softly, as if the words were a secret meant more for herself than for me. "I know, baby." A subtle smile played on my lip...
405K 18.5K 136
"Why are you doing that!" she whisper-screams while her eyes flit to the other guys, who are now immersed in something else that isn't us. I kiss th...
389K 5.9K 27
❝I want you so bad.❞ I tease him while trailing my hand up his white buttoned shirt feeling his abs. "Ms. Rose.." His voice was soft and sweet when I...