falling like the stars, sam w...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You... More

cast
001. one year
002. sammy
003. not the same
004. vampire brother
005. soulless
006. "is it a kinky thing?"
007. fairies
008. normal sam
009. fuckboy
010. facing the past
011. alternate universe
012. wild wild west
013. breaking wall
014. hallucinations
015. kitsune
016. psychics
017. second marriage
018. bobby
019. baby #3
020. dean's kid
021. glitter
022. insomnia
023. psych ward
024. garth and foxholes
025. charlie
026. a kevin tran
027. final goodbye
028. purgatory
029. single dad
030. happy again
031. kevin's mom
032. farmers market
033. benny
034. cas is back
035. braid sam's hair
036. trust issues
037. talk
038. larping
039. men of letters
040. bunker
041. trials
042. stooges
043. bloody napkin
044. teen hunters
045. second trial
046. grounded
047. metatron
048. demon cure
049. just in case
050. kevin solo
052. talk to dogs
053. breaking promises
054. killer angel
055. talk
056. sharp teeth
057. spa day
058. mother and son reunion
059. ghostfacers end
060. fed up miranda
061. hiding out
062. sour patch kids
063. sammy's admirers
064. claire and metatron
065. dark charlie
066. sugar rush
067. morning grouches
068. angel heart
069. angry
Fourth Book

051. oz

195 12 8
By maybankwalker

While Sam and Dean had went to find Cas, Miranda stayed back at the bunker with the kids, not totally caring about the angel's whereabouts.

Cas did get killed, but Dean just told everybody that he made a deal with the reaper who killed him saying that if she brought Cas back he wouldn't kill her. Cas got brought back and the reaper got killed, nobody but Dean knowing what actually happened.

"You know, you never answered my question. How did you know where to find Cas?" Sam asks.

"I told you. I went through Maurice's pockets. I found an address and took a shot." Dean says.

"I never saw you go through Maurice's pockets." Sam says, handing out burritos to his kids and wife.

"What are you talking about? I don't see half of the nerdy stuff that you do. It doesn't mean that you don't do nerdy stuff." Dean says.

"I am really enjoying this place." Cas says, walking in. Sam unwraps the foil around Serena's burrito, the girl quickly picking up the food and taking as large a bite as she can. "Plentiful food. Good water pressure. Things I never even considered before. There really is a lot to being human, isn't there?"

"It ain't all just burritos and strippers, my friend." Dean says.

"Yeah. I understand what you're saying." Cas says.

"You do?" Sam asks.

"Yes, there's more to humanity than survival. You... look for purpose, and you must not be defeated by anger or despair. Or hedonism, for that matter." Cas says.

"Where does hedonism come into it?" Dean asks.

"Well, my time with April was very educational." Cas says.

"Yeah. I mean, I would think that getting killed is something." Sam says.

"Depends. What have you learned?" Miranda questions.

"Ah-ha-ha-ha." Sam fake laughs at her, Miranda letting out a quiet laugh.

"And having sex." Cas states. Dean chokes on his burrito and Miranda chokes on her drink.

"You had sex with April?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, that would be where the hedonism comes in." Sam says, him and Cas awkwardly nodding at each other.

"So... did you have protection?" Dean asks.

"I had my angel blade." Cas says. Miranda chokes on her burrito, breaking into a coughing fit.

"Oh-- oh, he had the angel blade." Dean says.

"Isn't that good?" Carly frowns in confusion.

"Um..." Sam mumbles, looking at Miranda, panic in his eyes, Miranda returning the look.

"Uh... let's go wash our hands." Miranda says, getting up.

"Why?" Carly asks.

"Cause we're gonna eat. We need clean hands to eat burritos." Miranda says.

"But we already started eating them." Carly frowns.

"You can never be too clean." Miranda says, dragging her children out.

+++

Sam is sitting at the map table and has Serena on his lap while he works. Miranda is sitting across from him and helping Carly with science. Wyatt is sitting on the floor and playing with toy trains.

"Hey. How'd it go with Kevin?" Sam asks.

"Oh, that little nerd is in a lovely warded hotel room in Branson. He's got about 48 hours of pay-per-porn and Kenny Rogers ahead of him." Dean says.

"How's he feeling?" Sam asks.

"Well, he stared at the angel tablet and repeated the word "falafel" for the entire ride. Kid's cracked. I'm hoping this break will, uh, clear his head." Dean says. "You know, after everything that happened, I figured we could use a little break ourselves, so I, uh, picked you up season one Game of Thrones. You know, after little psychos go to sleep. Figured we'd get a little takeout."

"Don't call me a little psycho." Carly glares at him.

"You're the biggest little psycho." Dean says.

Carly's glare hardens.

"Okay, uh... science work. Science." Sam says.

"Better watch your back." Carly grumbles making Dean frown.

"All right. Well, first, I think I might have found a way to help Cas." Sam says.

"Did you talk to him?" Dean asks.

"No. And, by the way, I still don't understand why he left in the first place. I mean, the bunker is the safest place for him. Bartholomew and-- and who knows how many other angels are out there, gunning for him."

"Hey, look, nobody wants him more than I do, okay? But, uh, he felt like he'd bring trouble down on us, so he had to split. But if you got a way to help him, I'm all ears."

"All right. So, Kevin said the table lit up like a Christmas tree when the angels fell, right?"

"So?"

"So, it turns out each light was where a cluster of angels fell. So I'm thinking maybe there's some way to hotwire this, make it track angels. That way, we could help Cas steer clear of danger."

"This was... your idea?" Dean asks.

"Uh..." Sam gives his wife a weird look, the woman shrugging. "Yeah."

"So, how would it work?" Dean asks.

"Oh, no idea. See, at first, I thought the whole table was the computer, but it's not. It turns out it's just part of it. But I did find these cables underneath, and I followed them. You're never gonna believe what I found."

"Voila." Sam motions to an old computer.

"This is a computer?" Dean asks.

"That thing's ancient." Carly says.

"Yeah." Sam quietly laughs. "Was 1951 when it was installed. Now, here's the crazy thing. It's not plugged in to anything. I mean, I have no idea what's making this thing work."

They walk to the other side of it and Dean puts his hand on the back of it.

"It's warm here." He finds a flat screwdriver and puts it under the back of the panel of the computer, starting to pry it open. He gives one final pull and the panel pops off, sending Dean stumbling back into the shelf behind him.

"Got it." Dean says.

"Huh." Sam hums.

"Well, that looks simple." Dean remarks sarcastically, looking at the wires and everything else. "Does it come with a manual?"

"Nothing in the archives, and I obviously couldn't find anything like it online, not to mention I'm pretty sure the Men of Letters doesn't exactly have I.T. support anymore, either."

"I think I know somebody who could help us. Come on." They walk out, turning the light off.

+++

"Here it is." Sam and Charlie walk into the bunker.

"Hey. Thanks for coming." Dean says, hugging her.

"Not a problem, especially since I got fired last week." Charlie says.

"Hey, wait. What happened? You got fired?" Sam asks.

"Turns out the company I work for was outsourcing to child labor, so I took a big Wikileak all over that. And, yeah. It's cool, though. It gives me more time to focus on my hobbies... like LARPing, macrame, and hunting."

"Excuse me?" Dean asks.

"Okay. It was just a couple little cases. I took down a teenage vampire and a ghost, which sounds a little YA novel if you say it out loud." Charlie says.

"Charlie, how'd it go?" Sam asks.

"It was, uh... it was intense. But I kind of wish hunting was more... magical, you know?" Charlie says. "Never mind. So, where is this Commodore 64 of yours?"

~ ~ ~

"Sweet Ada Lovelace. This thing belongs in a museum. I mean, it's got encryption software. It seems to be powered by something magical." Charlie says.

"Skip to the end." Dean says.

"It's kind of an alarm system. Global badness? It freaks. This computer is what locked this place down." Charlie says.

"Can we use it to track angels?" Sam asks.

"All right. Let me see what I can do." Charlie says.

~ ~ ~

Charlie hooked a bunch of wires up to the computer and she turns her own computer own. The three Winchester adults and Carly are sitting on stools on the other side of the computer. Wyatt is on Miranda's lap and playing with the ends of her hair and Serena is on Sam's lap.

"All right. It took some doing, but now we can download. This beast has all the Men of Letters files. Time for a little drag and drop."

"Wow. Well, it's a start. Thank you. Um, that's-- that's great." Sam says. Dean motions for Sam to talk. "So, you've been hunting."

"Alone." Dean adds.

"I know. Not a good idea according to the "Supernatural" books." Charlie says.

"You really can't delete those from the internet?" Sam asks.

"Not even I can do that." Charlie says.

"Where do you even find them?" Dean asks.

"A top secret place I call Amazon." Charlie says making Carly laugh. "And someone uploaded all the unpublished works. I thought it was fanfic at first, but it was clearly Edlund's work."

"Who uploaded it?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Their screen name was beckywinchester176." Miranda glares at Sam. "Ring a bell?" Charlie asks.

"None. Uh, nobody's. Uh, no, there are no bells." Sam awkwardly says.

"I don't know. I hear wedding bells." Miranda rolls her eyes.

"I-- coerced wedding bells." Sam quietly says.

"I should track her down and beat her up now that I'm not pregnant." Miranda says.

Charlie looks between the couple in utter confusion.

"Ugh, these files are encrypted. This is gonna take a while." Charlie says. "So, takeout, sleepover, braid each other's hair?"

"I call braiding daddy's." Carly raises her hand.

"Got an idea." Sam says.

+++

They're in Sam and Miranda's room. Dean and Charlie are sitting on the bed, their backs against the headboard. Sam is sitting on the chair at his desk and Miranda is sitting on his laps, his arms around her waist. The kids are all in Carly's room, watching something appropriate for them while eating dinner.

Another episode ends and Dean turns the TV off.

"Wow. That Joffrey's a dick." Dean says.

"Oh, you have no idea. Wait until he--"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. whoa! Spoilers. I haven't read all the books yet." Sam says, cutting Charlie off.

"You're gonna read the books?" Dean asks.

"They have books?" Miranda asks.

"Yes, Dean. I like to read books -- you know, the ones without pictures." Sam remarks. Dean gives his brother an annoyed look while Miranda giggles.

"Man, this bed is about as comfortable as a brick. Any plans on moving in anytime soon?" Charlie asks.

"Mm. Yeah, you're on Sam's side. No wonder he only gets, like, five hours of sleep." Miranda remarks. Sam pinches the outside of her thigh, Miranda retaliating with an elbow to his ribs making him grunt.

"I am moved in. This is just my style." Sam says.

"Yeah, this is his, uh, style." Dean says.

"Well, I'm sorry I haven't hung up the, uh, "Hang in there, kitty" poster yet, Dean. Feel free to redecorate." Sam says.

"If anybody redecorates this place, it's me or one of the kids." Miranda says.

"So, what, our home's not good enough for the "Hang in there, kitty" poster?" Dean asks.

"This isn't our home. This is where we work." Sam argues.

"And sleep. Along with eat, cook, bathe." Miranda lists.

"Okay, how about I ground you this time?" Sam suggests.

"You don't have the willpower for that." Miranda says.

"Okay." Charlie cuts in, not wanting the conversation to go too far.

"All right, well, I'm gonna get us some more beers. How about that?" Dean asks, leaving.

"So, Charlie, what was all that about how hunting isn't magical?" Sam asks.

"Saving people, hunting things, the family business? I am down. But... I was raised on Tolkien, man. I mean, where is all this?" She holds up the Game of Thrones disc. "Where are my White Walkers and my volcano and magic ring to throw in the damn thing? Where-- where's my quest?"

"Magic quests... suck. Trust me." Sam says.

+++

They walk back into the computer room.

"Download should be done by now." Charlie says.

"What the hell?" Dean asks, noticing one of the shelves moved. "Sam, give me a hand." Sam helps Dean move the shelf. There's two gray pods in the wall. Sam pulls his gun out and Dean takes a knife out.

Dean cuts some of one of the pods away and an arm falls out. Dean cuts the rest of it, a woman falling out and onto the ground. Dean takes his gun out, turning the woman over onto her back. The four share confused looks.

~ ~ ~

"Holy crap! The first case investigated in this bunker involved Dorothy. She and the witch came into this room, and they never came out. This will never stop blowing my mind!" Charlie exclaims.

"Okay, pace yourself, Toto." Dean says.

"Oz is real! It's part of the fairy world." Charlie says.

Dorothy is sitting on the floor with a blanket around her shoulder.

"We have to find her." Dorothy says as Sam squats next to her.

"No, we have to talk before anyone does anything, okay? Dorothy?" Sam asks.

"Talk? Typical Men of Letters, standing around, having a nice, little chat with your noses buried in your books while your little secretaries take notes." Dorothy says.

"Secretaries?" Miranda raises an eyebrow.

"We're hunters." Dean informs.

"And who are you calling secretaries?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah, this secretary is not afraid to beat your ass." Miranda says.

"You're not secretaries? You're Women of Letters? W-- how long have I been out?" Dorothy asks.

"That's why we need to talk. Look, you've been gone for over 75 years. Now, according to our files, you came here to kill the wicked witch and then disappeared. What happened?" Sam asks.

"We couldn't find a way to kill her, so I did the only thing that I could." Dorothy says. "A binding spell that came at a price -- her soul with mine."

"So you've been frozen with the witch all this time?" Sam asks.

"Yes. Look, the witch cannot be killed. If I am awake, then so is she." Dorothy says.

"Wait, so-- so she's in the bunker? Just... roaming around? Free to-- to hurt anybody?" Miranda asks.

"Yes." Dorothy nods.

Miranda and Sam exchange a panicked look before running out of the room, getting to Carly's room as quickly as they can.

They burst in, only finding the younger two.

"Hey. Hey, you guys okay?" Miranda asks. "Wyatt, you okay?"

"Mm-hmm." The boy nods, returning his focus to the cartoon.

"Serena? Honey, hey." Miranda strokes her hair. "Okay. Where's Carly?" Wyatt shrugs.

"Mommy, TV." Serena whines, her mother blocking her view.

"Do you know where Carly is?" Miranda asks. "Where's your sister?"

The two parents look over at noise in the doorway, relaxing when they find their blonde child.

"Carly." Sam goes over to her, pulling her into the room. "Hey. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asks, crouching in front of her.

"No." Carly gives him a weird look. "I was just in the bathroom. What's up with you two?"

"You guys are sticking with us now. Not allowed to leave our sight." Sam says.

"Why?" Carly asks.

"Just, uh... for fun." Sam shrugs.

"It doesn't sound very fun." Carly says, watching Sam pick up Wyatt and Miranda grabs Serena.

"Trust me, it is." Sam says, grabbing her hand. "Come on." He leads her out, looking out for the witch.

They get back to the computer room just as Dean is walking out of it.

"Sam, you're with me. Miranda, psychos, you stay with the other two." Dean says.

"What are you guys gonna do?" Miranda asks.

"Look around for the witch." Dean says.

"The what now?" Carly frowns.

"Charlie's looking through the file, trying to find anything useful." Dean says. "Come on, Sam." He walks past them.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "You good?" He asks Miranda.

"Yeah." She nods. Sam puts his son down and kisses Carly on the head as he stands back up. "Okay. Be careful."

"You, too." Miranda says, watching him follow Dean off.

"There's a witch?" Carly asks. "Like-- like, are we talking Alex Russo witch or-- or Hermione Granger, the Sanderson sisters?"

"Wicked Witch of the West." Miranda informs.

"Wh-- wait, but she's fictional." Carly frowns.

"Not anymore." Miranda says, leading her kids into the computer room. "Kiddos, meet Dorothy."

"So big fan." Charlie says. Dorothy hums. "Ozma in Oz--"

"Is a total ass." Dorothy says.

"You were so much nicer in the books." Charlie frowns.

"Those books are the ravings of a sad, old man -- my father." Dorothy says.

"Wait. Your dad was L. Frank Baum, the writer?" Charlie asks.

"A Man of Letters. Another glorified librarian, you ask me." Dorothy says.

"Hey, these guys may have been sexist, but like all librarians, they were wicked smart, too. Thr dude who was here when you came in -- Haggerty -- he kept your case file open, worked it every day until he retired. Obviously, he never found you, but if you took five seconds to read, he did find a way to fight the wicked witch. Do you remember the poppy fields in the first book?"

"That's not actually how it happened. It was much bloodier." Dorothy says.

"Stop ruining my childhood." Charlie tells her.

"Yeah, and chill with the kids." Miranda says, not needing her children to have nightmares.

"Do you remember the poppies?" Charlie asks and Dorothy nods. "Good. Haggerty made a deal with a fairy and got some poppy extract. I'm gonna get some bullets from the gun range and make us some poppy bullets. So, are you coming or what?"

+++

They walk into the kitchen where Sam and Dean are. The brothers turn around, aiming their guns. They lower them when they realize it's just them.

"Sorry. We raided your gun range. Made us some poppy bullets. They won't kill the witch, but they will stun the crap out of her." Charlie says.

"That's my girl." Dean says.

"There was only enough for five bullets, so... make each shot count." Charlie says.

"Now we just have to find her before she finds whatever the hell she's looking for." Dorothy says.

"She's looking for a key." Sam says.

"How do you know?" Charlie asks.

"Little birdie told us. Ring any bells, Dorothy?" Sam asks.

"Unfortunately. It's the key to Oz. There are magical ways into Oz -- tornado, eye of a hurircane, whirlpool -- but this key will turn any locked door into a portal to Oz. Insert key, twist, and presto, you're in Oz."

"How did the Men of Letters get the key?" Sam asks.

"I have no idea, but if she finds it, she'll go back and finish was she started. She'll destroy all that is good in Oz. She's got armies of witches, flying monkeys. Many will die." Dorothy says.

"What's this key look like?" Dean asks. Dorothy pulls her journal out, showing them a drawing. "I've seen that key. Found it when I was doing inventory."

"Where is it now?" Dorothy asks.

"My room. We got to get to that key. All right, Charlie and I will go look in my room. Why don't you guys buy us some time?" Dean asks.

+++

"I can't believe I've lived here for 75 years." Dorothy comments. "How long have you called this place home?"

"My wife, kids, and brother call it home. Me, I, uh... I haven't had that much luck with homes." Sam says.

"Me neither." Dorothy says. "Overrated, you ask me. Yellow bricks r not, give me the open road any day." She turns to him, seeing the witch behind him. "Sam!" She shoots at the witch, but misses as the witch disappears into a vent. "She can get anywhere from there. Split up, cover more ground?"

Sam nods and Dorothy runs off.

"Um..." Sam looks at his wife.

"We'll be fine. Go." Miranda assures. Sam reluctantly runs off.

+++

"Why haven't you moved in?" Dean asks.

"Is now really the time for this, Dean?" Sam asks.

"Well, just asking." Dean says.

"Look, I never had what you had with mom and dad, okay? Or what Randi had with her family. I had something like it in college, but it wasn't this warm family crap. It was just a bunch of college kids together. And the one time I could've had it, I fucked it up." Sam says, looking down as he thinks of how he left Miranda and Carly in some sort of revenge plan for Lilith killing Dean.

"Didn't you have it when we were in Purgatory?" Dean asks.

"In a way, yeah, but... but she wasn't there. It was different. It wasn't complete." Sam quietly says.

"What are you talking about?" Dean asks.

"I don't have any memories of home. And whenever I've tried to make a home of my own, it really hasn't ended well." Sam says.

"Well, a lifetime of abandoned buildings and shitty motel rooms. I Mean, this is about as close to home as we're gonna get, and it's ours."

+++

"And what about the books?" Miranda hears Charlie ask, finally finding the two women.

"Hey." Miranda says.

"Hey. Are you guys okay?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're fine. Where's Sam?" Miranda asks.

"He and Dean are looking for the witch. We split up." Charlie informs and the blonde nods. "So the books?" She turns back to Dorothy.

"Revisionist history. That's my father's way of trying to undo what had happened to me." Dorothy says. "But I knew the truth. When the witch came to our world, I became a hunter, and my father wrote those silly books."

"Don't you get it? The books aren't silly." Charlie says. "They're guidebooks filled with clues he left for you. Haggerty pored through each one, and his research led him to uncover the poppies, so maybe there's something else from the books we can use, preferably something with a pointy end."

"You are genius." Dorothy says. "Come on. We've got to get to the garage."

"We have a garage?" Miranda frowns.

They get to the garage and Dorothy spots a motorcycle.

"Holy, shit." Miranda mumbles, looking around at all the vehicles.

"Yes. I knew those boy scouts would keep it for me." Dorothy says. She takes stuff out of a saddle bag, taking a mask out.

"Is that...?" Charlie asks Dorothy.

"Yeah. He didn't make it." Dorothy says.

"Ooh." Charlie grimaces.

"Please be here. Please be here. Yes!" Dorothy pulls out ruby high heels.

"I don't believe it. Did you really walk down a brick road in these?" Charlie asks.

"No. I never actually wore them. Seemed kind of tacky wearing a dead woman's shoes. Plus, I'm no good in heels, you know?"

"I don't suppose we could just wish her away?"

"Sorry. Another thing the books got wrong. But, like the poppies, these have magic from Oz -- sharp magic."

"Oh. Death by shoe?"

"There you are." They turn to see Sam and Dean.

"Was that your Batman voice?" Charlie asks, laughing. Both of the brothers' eyes flash green. "That's definitely not your Batman voice."

"It's her. She possessed the both of them." Dorothy says.

"Fuck." Miranda whispers.

"I missed you, my pretty." Sam says.

"Not missing you right now. "Carly cowers into her mom.

"You're thankfully not the pretty he's talking about, but this could still go incredibly south for all of us." Miranda mutters.

"Killing you a second time will be just as sweet as the first." Dean says.

"Guys, I know you're in there. Dean, you can't let this witch do this. If she opens the door, she's going to destroy Oz." Charlie says. Dean grabs her and smashes her into a glass window.

"I have no intention of escaping Oz." Dean says.

"I'm going to bring my armies here." Sam states.

As Sam starts to fight Dorothy, Miranda takes the distraction and drags her kids over to one of the cars.

"Hide in here. Don't come out until I get you." Miranda quietly tells them, putting them on the floor of the backseat. "You hear me? Carly, don't let them look out the window and you don't do it either."

"Mommy--" Carly's eyes water.

"It's okay." Miranda promises, shutting the door. She turns around, just in time to be punched by Sam, sending the woman to the floor.

She looks up, noticing Sam looking in the car. When he reaches for the door handle, she punches him in the nuts, sending him stumbling back. She quickly gets up, shoving him back, the two tripping over the motorcycle tire and crashing to the ground.

Miranda groans and tries to get up, but Sam grabs a fistful of her hair making her yelp. He slams her head into the concrete, Miranda crying out in pain.

"Fuck." She hisses. She touches her forehead, pulling her fingers away, finding them covered in red liquid. "Fuck." She whispers.

As Sam goes to hurt her again, Dorothy hits him in the face with a metal pole, knocking him to the ground.

"Go. I'll buy you some time." Dorothy says, tossing the shoes to Charlie. Charlie runs out, Dorothy turning to the brothers.

"All right. Let's see what you pencil necks are made of." She says.

Already failing with a few weapons, the two women are left with nothing else.

"All right, let's do this the old fashioned way." Dorothy says, holding her fists up.

"Yeah, and you are so paying for the headache you gave me." Miranda tells her husband.

"My body can't hurt you, Dorothy." Sam says.

"But theirs can." Dean says, taking a blade out.

Miranda goes to hit Sam, though he easily grabs her arm, twisting it behind her back. He kicks her feet out from under her, the woman face planting.

"Ah, fuck!" She cries out, holding her head. "Why is that the go to?"

Sam grabs Dorothy, an arm wrapped around her chest while Dean holds the blade to her neck.

After a few moments, the brothers' eyes flash green.

"What the hell just happened?" Sam asks.

"Charlie." Dorothy states.

Sam hears a groan and looks down at Larissa who is sitting up. His blood runs cold as he recounts the past few minutes.

"Randi?" He kneels in front of her. "Randi? Hey." He cups her face. "Oh, my God. I am so sorry." His voice is quiet, tears springing to his eyes.

"You're a little bitch when you're possessed." She grumbles.

"Randi--"

"It wasn't you. It's fine." Miranda sighs. "Long as you let me overdose on pain killers." She winces in pain.

Sam feels his heart crack, guilt consuming him.

"I'm so sorry." He quietly says. Miranda looks up in his remorseful eyes, Sam inspecting her injuries.

"I'm fine. I've had worse." She says, only making Sam's shoulders sag more. "I have to get the kids. They might think you're still possessed."

Sam helps her stand up, his hands held out in case she wobbles. Miranda wipes the blood off on her sleeves before going over to the car and opening the back door.

"Hey. Hey, kiddos, it's okay now." Miranda assures. "Daddy and Dean are themselves again. No more witch." She picks Serena up.

"Mommy boo boo?" Serena asks, noticing the cut.

"Mommy's fine." Miranda gives her a reassuring smile.

They get to the main room, guns at the ready. They look up and find Charlie by the door. She leans against the railing.

"Ding dong, bitches." She smiles.

+++

Miranda sits on the counter while Sam deals with her injuries.

"I'm sorry. I..." Sam sighs. "I should've tried to fight it better or something."

"Sammy, you were possessed. We both know how it works, you can't control yourself." Miranda says. "I don't blame you."

"I do." Sam grumbles, pouring the alcohol on the small wipe. Miranda sighs, pursing her lips. Sam gently dabs the cut making Miranda wince. "Sorry."

"Look, Sam, you-- you've been possessed before and I've been hurt by the thing possessing you before. We've gotten through that, we'll get through this. I'm not mad, you just... need a few hours... or days. I get that. But it's not your fault."

"Right." Sam mumbles, focusing on the cuts.

"Hey. Hey." Miranda grabs his cheeks in her hand forcing him to look at her. "I'm serious. If this becomes a super long self hatred thing, I'm gonna send you to therapy."

"Yeah, I'm sure the therapist would love to hear all that." Sam chuckles, gently moving her hand away from his face.

"Well, I'll visit you in the insane asylum." Miranda says.

"I look forward to it." Sam remarks.

"Yeah." She nods.

"Yeah." He says, pressing the wipe to her cut.

"Ow!" She smacks him in the chest.

"Sorry." Sam sheepishly smiles.

+++

They're all in the garage and Dean put the Impala in there.

"Baby looks good in here, huh?" Dean asks.

"Not bad." Sam says.

"Dean..." Charlie drags him off to the side.

"Dorothy, I, uh... I found something in the archives. Pretty sure it belongs to you." Sam hands her a copy of The Wonderful World of Oz.

"You have no idea how odd it is having a series of books written about you." Dorothy says.

"Actually, I-I do know." Sam says. "Uh, and it is definitely weird. But you know what? End of the day, it's our story, so we get to write it."

Dean and Charlie walk back over after a couple moments.

"Not bad for a bunch of librarians. You mind keeping an eye on my bike for me?" Dorothy asks.

"Yeah, yeah, as long as you don't mind me taking it for a spin once in a while." Dean says.

"Deal." Dorothy says. "Thank you for everything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a rebellion to finish." She turns to Charlie. "So, you coming or what?"

"What? With you? To Oz?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah. You said you were looking for adventure. Well, here it is, Red. Come help me find my damn dog." Dorothy says.

"I wanna go!" Carly raises her hand.

"No." Her parents both state, Sam lowering her hand. Carly pouts.

"You have no idea what's in Oz. I mean, t-there's flying monkeys, armies of witches. There's all kinds of danger." Dean says, concerned.

"Promise?" Charlie asks, lighting up. She excitedly hugs Dean before hugging Miranda and then Sam.

"If you need anything, just, uh, tap your heels together three times, okay?" Sam says.

"Me? What about you crazy kids? You gonna be all right without me?" Charlie asks. "Take care of yourselves, guys."

The two women turn to the double doors of the garage and Dorothy inserts the key. They push the doors open to reveal a beautiful landscape. There's a yellow brick road running through it and in the distance is Emerald City. The two walk in and turn back, waving goodbye.

Carly doesn't even risk a glance towards her parents as she darts to the doors. However, Sam's prepared, fingers already hooked into the hood of her jacket and he drags her back.

"Don't think so, missy." Sam says, wrapping his arm around her waist and picking her up.

"But, daddy..." She whines.

"No Oz until you're 18." He says making her dramatically groan, her head falling back onto his shoulder.

The doors close after a few more moments. Sam and Dean push the doors open, but it's just the underground tunnel that leads out of the garage.

"Dang it." Carly whines.

"Think she'll be back?" Dean asks.

"Of course. There's no place like home." Sam says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 2.3K 28
Dean and Elena story. Supernatural and the vampire diaries. Deanlena for life
156K 5.6K 152
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-8 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...
109K 3.1K 86
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
239K 5.5K 116
[ supernatural -- season 1-5 ] Natalie Winchester Series: Family Line Anti-Hero I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines...