falling like the stars, sam w...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You... More

cast
001. one year
002. sammy
003. not the same
004. vampire brother
005. soulless
006. "is it a kinky thing?"
007. fairies
008. normal sam
009. fuckboy
010. facing the past
011. alternate universe
012. wild wild west
013. breaking wall
014. hallucinations
015. kitsune
016. psychics
017. second marriage
018. bobby
019. baby #3
020. dean's kid
021. glitter
022. insomnia
023. psych ward
024. garth and foxholes
025. charlie
026. a kevin tran
027. final goodbye
028. purgatory
029. single dad
030. happy again
031. kevin's mom
032. farmers market
033. benny
034. cas is back
035. braid sam's hair
036. trust issues
037. talk
038. larping
039. men of letters
040. bunker
041. trials
042. stooges
043. bloody napkin
044. teen hunters
046. grounded
047. metatron
048. demon cure
049. just in case
050. kevin solo
051. oz
052. talk to dogs
053. breaking promises
054. killer angel
055. talk
056. sharp teeth
057. spa day
058. mother and son reunion
059. ghostfacers end
060. fed up miranda
061. hiding out
062. sour patch kids
063. sammy's admirers
064. claire and metatron
065. dark charlie
066. sugar rush
067. morning grouches
068. angel heart
069. angry
Fourth Book

045. second trial

202 14 1
By maybankwalker

They get to Garth's boat and Dean pounds on the door.

"Kevin, open up!" Kevin opens the door, a large cast iron skillet in hand, the guy looking worse for wear. "Whoa! Whoa. Geez. What's going on? What's with the S.O.S.?" They walk in and Kevin shuts the door.

"It's him." Kevin states.

"It's who?" Sam asks.

"Crowley." Kevin says.

"What about him?" Dean asks.

"He's in my head." Kevin says.

"He's... in your head?" Sam asks.

"Do you know what that means?" Kevin asks.

"Yeah, it means we need to up your anxiety meds." Dean says. Miranda smacks him over the head. "Kevin, you're dreaming. Look, if Crowley knew where you were, he'd do a hell of a lot more than mess with your head."

"All right, where's Garth?" Sam asks.

"On a case. Or the dentist. I don't know. I haven't heard from him." Kevin says.

"Okay, well, what did you want to tell us that you couldn't say on the phone?" Dean asks. "Would you put the frying pan down, please?" Kevin does so.

"I translated the second trial from the tablet." Kevin says.

"You... crazy prophet, you. Nice work!" Dean compliments.

"And if Crowley's in my head, he knows." Kevin says.

"Okay, he's definitely not in your head." Dean says.

"He's not in your head, Kevin. It's okay. Just... we know you're distressed. Just stay with us, all right? What's the second trial?" Sam asks.

"An innocent soul has to be rescued from Hell and delivered unto Heaven." Kevin says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Unto. That's-- that's how God talks." Kevin says.

"Rescue a soul from Hell? Like actually... go to Hell? How-- how do you get a soul unto Heaven? I mean, how do you even get a soul out of Hell?" Sam asks.

"We're gonna need an expert." Dean says.

+++

They get out of the Impala and walk up to Ajay who is in the cab and reading a newspaper.

"Ajay. Need to talk to you for a sec." Dean says.

"You know my name." Ajay says.

"And what you do. We want to do business." Sam says.

"But you are mortal -- flesh and blood... and with a baby." Ajay says.

"But if we wanted to cross the border into Hell--" Sam says.

"Visitor's pass." Dean says.

"No one wants to get into Hell." Ajay says.

"But could a coyote like you do it?" Sam asks.

"It's possible. But I have special skills. I have overhead. It will be pricey." Ajay says.

"How pricey?" Dean asks.

"You all are resourceful. One day, you will owe me a favor." Ajay says.

"You say that like you know us." Dean says.

"Of course. You're the Winchesters." Ajay says.

"Sorry. Have we met?" Dean asks.

"I am the reaper who took Bobby Singer to Hell." Ajay says.

"Bobby's in Hell? We burned his bones. Once we did that, it was over. End of story." Sam says.

"Hmm... not necessarily." Ajay says.

"No, no, no, cause, see, Bobby was on the good side of things, and good guys go to the penthouse." Dean says.

"Usually, mostly. Depends on who you know, what palms get greased. If you're on the King of Hell's no fly list, you cruise the friendly skies." Ajay says.

"Crowley. Okay, let's do this. How much for two tickets down and three back?" Dean asks.

"Dean." Sam says.

"What?" He asks.

"Come here." They walk away from Ajay. "What the hell are you thinking?"

"You heard the guy. Bobby's in Hell. We're gonna spring him." Dean says.

"We've gone over this, Dean. I have to do the trials solo."

"This is Bobby we're talking about, Sam. Now let's face it -- you have not exactly been up to full speed lately, okay? We got one shot at this. We can't miss."

"I'm not gonna miss." Sam opens his jacket, showing Ruby's knife. "I'll bring him back."

"Okay, but-- but I just-- are you sure you'll be okay?" Miranda questions. "I mean, you know... PTSD and-- and everything?"

"I'll be fine." Sam promises, pecking her on the lips. "I'm in, just me." Sam tells Ajay.

"Follow me." Ajay says.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. How does this... work?" Dean asks.

"Not to fret. He'll be back in exactly 24 hours time. Return for him then." Ajay says, leading Sam away.

+++

"Yo, Kev, it's me and Miranda and her little terrors!" Dean calls out, walking into the boathouse with some takeout.

"Would you stop calling them that?"

"Nope." Dean says.

"Dick." Carly points at her uncle.

"Wha-- Miranda." He turns to her.

"Sam's not here, I don't have to "correct" her." Miranda says, smiling.

"I believe the closet would be safest." They turn to see Kevin in the doorway of the closet.

"Safe from what?" Dean asks.

"Crowley. He's in my head. And if he's in my head, he knows where I am! You know, we-- we should move out. We'll find another place." Kevin says.

"Geez, Kev, would you chill out, huh? Have a burger. Come on. Don't lose it on me now, dude." Dean says and Kevin walks out of the closet. "There you go. That's it."

"Just tell me when this all ends. Cause that's the only thing I want to hear." Kevin says.

"No, like I told you before, this isn't going to end. Look, man, other guys, they got it easy, you know? It's all backyard BBQs and bowling teams, but you and me? We got to carry a little extra weight."

"I can't take it."

"Yes, you can. Hey, look at me. Now, this whole thing sucks. I know. But you suck it up and you push through because that's what we do. And when you get on board with that, the ride is a lot smoother. French fry?"

"I'm gonna-- I'm gonna be in my room. Let me know if there's a good day." Kevin grabs the tray of the remaining takeout food and goes back into the closet, shutting the door.

"That's my pie." Dean frowns.

"You don't deserve it, anyway." Miranda says. "Especially after that "inspiring talk.""

+++

"Hey, Kevin! Come in here and grab some of these eggs." Dean calls, but gets no response. "Kev! Come on, man. You can't hide in there forever." Kevin walks in through the front door. "Where the hell you been? What happened to being scared?"

"I am scared. So I made a preemptive move." Kevin says.

"So... made a what now?" Dean asks.

"I can't sit here with the tablet like a sitting duck and Crowley breathing down my ass. Getting rid of the tablet just takes off some of the pressure."

"Wait. Getting rid of it?"

"Temporarily. I hid it."

"What? Where?"

"If I tell you, it's not hidden, is it?"

"Kevin, tell me where the damn tablet is or I swear to you--"

"You'll what, Dean?" Kevin goes back in the closet.

"Kevin!"

"Kids." The two hunters turn to see a woman. Miranda moves over to where her kids are sitting. "So cute when they're little." She looks at the three kids. Miranda steps in front of her children.

"Then they turn into teenagers, and the party's over. We haven't been formally introduced, Dean. My name is Naomi." She holds her hand out to him, but he only backs away from her.

"Oh, I know who you are. And I know what you did to Cas after he got out of Purgatory." Dean says.

"After I rescued him from Purgatory, you mean, at the cost of many angels' lives." Naomi says.

"You screwed with his head and had him spy on us." Dean says.

"Well, it is true that I have spoken with Castiel many times, trying to reach out to him, trying to help him. Dean, you must have noticed how Purgatory changed him. I mean, he's been unstable in the past, but I was shocked at how damaged he is now."

"Stop, okay? Don't-- don't try to spin this. You think I don't know that you told him to try and kill me?"

"Hmm. Yeah, I suppose that is how he would hear it. When I learned of the angel tablet, I did tell Castiel to get it at any cost. That's my job -- to protect Heaven. I'm a warrior, just as you are. What would you expect? And now Castiel is in the wind with a hydrogen bomb in his pocket, and I-I'm scared, for all of us."

"Save it. See, I don't trust angels, which means I don't trust you."

"And yet you haven't warded this place against us. I know. You're hoping Castiel will return to you. I admire your loyalty. I only wish he felt the same way. I know you don't want to believe it, Dean, but we're on the same side -- shutting the Gates of Hell, bringing Castiel in from the cold."

"Take a moment. Think about what I've said. Oh. I know you've been doing business with Ajay. He did mention, didn't he, that his way into Hell is through Purgatory? I knew you'd want to know. You see, we can be of help to each other." She disappears.

+++

Sam and Dean get back to the boat, walking in, only finding Miranda and the kids.

"Hey." Miranda beelines to her husband. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She tries to find any injuries.

"No. No, no, I-I'm okay." Sam nods. "Little tired, but-- but I'm good." He promises.

"He still in the closet?" Dean asks.

"He's gone." Miranda states.

"What? What do you mean he's gone?" Dean asks.

"I mean he's gone." Miranda says. "I fell asleep trying to get Serena to sleep and-- and when I woke up, he was gone. Everything was gone." Miranda says.

"Finally freaked. Little geek made a run for it." Dean says. "How'd you sleep through all that?"

"Where would he go?" Sam asks.

"Who the hell knows?" Miranda heavily sighs.

===========================

idk how i'm gonna write the whole Gadreel thing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 1.9K 14
no reason to stay is a good reason to go 𓍒ִ໋ supernatural 𓍒ִ໋ dean winchester x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season one - fifteen 𓍒...
14.9K 860 112
[ supernatural -- seasons 11-15 ] Second Crossover Series: Someone to You Not Strong Enough I Know the End I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show...
156K 5.6K 152
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-8 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...
7.9K 429 36
[ supernatural -- seasons 11-15 ] Miranda Winchester (Carpenter) Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own...