The Ex-Wife of Chris Goldman

By CupcakeQueen33

Harper Mackenzie Lanning was married to the son of the CEO of Goldman Hotels INC. Chris Goldman. Now, years a... More

Part 1- How It All Began
Part 2- The Divorce Starts
Part 3- 2 Years Later
4 - Prepping For The....
5 - The Party
6 - Harp why?
7 - You really worried me and still do
8 - Waking Up In.....?
9 - 17 Weeks Later
10 - Authors Note
12 - Madness & Memories
13 - Wedding Planning?
14 - Why did you save me?
15 - A New Beginning
16 - The First Month
17 - Little Blue Lines??
18 - Life as it is
19 - Past < Present < Engagement
20 - Sylvianna Naomi Goldman
21 - Homecoming
22 - Wedding
23 - Honeymoon
AUTHORS NOTE
24 - Love and Loss
25 - Days After
26 - Baby^2
27 - Time Flies
28 - I've Got My Fight Song.
29 - Forgive don't forget
30 - Happy Birthday to you!
-- Non-Important Authors Note --
31 - Emptiness
32 - Cali Dreams
33 - Regrets
34 - More Than You Know
35 - The Last Straw
36 - Battle pt. 1
37 - Battle pt. 2
38. Battle pt. 3
COVER CONTEST!!!
39. Healing Broken Hearts
40. Falling into Place
41. Say Something
42. Piece By Piece

11 - A court battle won??

11.8K 305 37
By CupcakeQueen33

September 1st

CHRIS POV

Today's the day I'm going to win my daughter back. I was generous enough to let Harper get through therapy and get the cast off so that way she could be fully able.

"Tessa, I'm about to leave. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah," she yells from our bedroom "I want to finish packing before I leave for France tomorrow for the modeling shoot and interview about our wedding"

"I still don't see why I can't come."

"Because, I would spend all of my time with you and little you." She walks out of the room wearing only her bathrobe. "Are you sure you have to leave so soon?" She seductively says leaving into a kiss

"Yes, I want MY daughter."

"You suck. I mean why would you even want the little brat!"

"She is part of me! 1/2 her genetics is me!!!!! I missed 2 1/2 years of her life and I don't want to miss a single minute more." I say turning and walking down the hallway

"I never want children and I can't have children." Tessa says coldly

I freeze where I am.

"What do you mean can't?"

"I had the procedure process thing done."

"What the fuk?? I though we don't discussed it."

"Yeah, we did. But it is my body and I made the decision I didn't want children."

"Tessa, why? You know I want kids so bad. I never had siblings so I want children. As in multiple."

"You know what Chris. I'm done with you, our wedding is off. In fact I didn't actually have a trip to Paris I was going to go 3 floors down at your company and sleep with your assistant."

"My assistant is a girl."

"Yes, and I'm a lesbian."

"Why were you going to marry me??"

"The money, so that way I could get enough for Lana and I to run off to Ireland together."

"Get out! Now!!!" I yell at her "Oh, and tell Lana she is fired."

"Fine by me." She says walking past me

I'll deal with her later right now I'm running late to go win my daughter back.

HARPERS POV

"Jacob, why is this even happening?? I mean their isn't a daughter to fight custody for."

"Yeah, I know. But, if he wants a battle a battle he will get."

"Yeah, but can we leave early to stop by her grave."

"Absolutely my darling. In fact let's leave now to make sure we have plenty of time."

"Okay."

AT THE GRAVE
Jacob and I pull into the cemetery she is buried in.

"Want to come?"

"Nah, I'll let you have some mother-daughter bonding"

I get out of the car and walk to her gravestone.

Kimberly Rose Lanning-Goldman
Born December 25th 2019
Died December 25th 2019
Parents: Harper Lanning & Chris GOLDMAN
"Lives forever as an angel in my heart, I'll love her till the last day I live. Even then, I'll love her through eternity, ~H.L.

"Hello sweet pea. I've missed you so much. If you were here today you would get to meet daddy, well you may someday. It's almost your birthday. It's September, so there is only 2 more months until it's your birth month. Christmas will be sad again, you would have been turning 3. Daddy wants to take me to court over custody for you, he doesn't know that you were stillborn. I wish more than anything that I could have held you in my arms longer. So, you'll be getting another daddy. Remember Jacob? He was the one with me when you were born, we got engaged a few months ago. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner but I tried to see you sooner in person. Well, I have to get going. I'm meeting Chris at the courthouse in 20 minutes. I love you, forever and always." I kiss my hand and pat the gravestone before walking back to the car: where I proceed to burst into tears.

"Harper, it's okay. I know it's hard." Jacob says rubbing my back

"I know, but....but....but she should be here. It's because of all the dam stress Chris caused me during the pregnancy."

"Yeah, and that's why we are going to court today."

"What? What do you mean?"

"It's not a custody battle on our side. It's about making Chris pay for causing you to loose the baby."

I sit there stunned as he drives us to the courthouse.

THE COURTHOUSE

I walk into the courthouse nervously.

"Harper, everything will be fine. I mean you do have the best lawyer in town defending you."

"Oh, please. Stop flattering yourself. Now I will say you are the best lawyer who is fighting a case over a stillborn child."

"I am pretty great aren't I?"

I lean in and kiss him

"I couldn't tell what the answer was, tell me again."

I kiss him again, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hey, ummmm.... Sorry to interrupt but the battle is about to start."

We pull off of each other and I turn to see Chris

"Hey, Chris. It is nice...... It's time to go begin I guess."

"Yeah, where's your lawyer at."

"Right here," I say pointing to Jacob "My fiancé is defending me."

"Are you even aloud to do that?"

"Hey, I can pick whatever lawyer I want"

"Sure," he says turning and walking away while ever so quietly saying "like you could afford one"

IN COURT

"Ms. Lanning, now please come up and give your defense as why the child should remain I custody with you."

I get out of my seat and walk up to the podium, keeping my eye on Chris the entire time I speak.

"It's rather simple, I paid the medical bills during my pregnancy and bought the nursery furniture."

"Your honor. Chris can pay her back for all of those items" Chris' lawyer jumps up (the name of the lawyer is Kristen Denver)

"Please, let Lanning continuer her defense."

"Anyways, I paid out lots of money and even I don't get to enjoy the company of my daughter on a daily basis."

"Mrs Lanning, then what are we doing with this case." Judge Cranes says

"Oh, it wouldn't have been an issue if Chris had waited longer at the cafe when I tried to tell him that our daughter was stillborn"

As I say the words all the color drains from his face.

"And what caused this stillbirth?" Kristen says "I mean. You should pay my client for what he missed. He didn't even know you were pregnant or where you went."

"The stillbirth was caused because of all the stress I had endured due to the divorce. Oh, and he knew I was pregnant. As soon as I found out I went and bought a onesie and put it in a box with an ultrasound picture as well as a card that says "Mommy has a late anniversary present for you" I happened to drop the box when I can home and found him cheating on me. Check his pockets you'll find it. Oh, and he knew exactly where I went, because one of his maids told him. And to say that maid got fired was an understatement, he threw a glass bottle at her and caused her to go blind in one eye, I know this because I was listed as an emergency contact."

"Why empty his pockets?" Kristen says

"Because, he carries around the ultrasound picture and note I gave him. I saw it peeking out of his pocket when we were at the cafe"

"Mr Goldman, please empty all of your pockets." Cranes says

Chris empty a out each pocket and sure enough there is a picture of Kimberly and my note.

"Okay, I have made a decision." Judge cranes says

Jacob and I clutch each other's hands anxious to see what the outcome will be.

"Chris, for lying about not knowing, never trying to find her, and causing the stress by cheating I am ordering you to pay a sum of 3 and a half million dollars to Ms. Lanning. Oh, and as for your maid, what was her name?"

"I can't even remember." He says

"Lisa-Anne, is her name" I speak up

"Thank you Mrs Lanning." Judge Cranes says "For Lisa-Anne you shall repay her for every medical expense she's had because of that, as well as get her a suitable guide dog, and a sum of 1/2 a million dollars. I now call this court session to a close." We all rise and he walks out

"Jacob, I just got 3 1/2 million dollars. We can actually buy a house, and plan a wedding!! Oh, we can go anywhere for our honeymoon!!!" I say enthusiastically "But, I don't feel right about all of this"

"Harper, can I speak to you for a second" Chris says pulling me aside

"Sure. Jacob, I'll be right back."

We walk out of the court room to a smaller more private area and begin to have a little chat......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.7K 28
There are plenty of stories where a poor woman marries a rich man who cheats on her or divorces her due to lies and speculation. How would it work if...
304K 7.1K 53
Lauren Campbell is a sweet, simple girl with a bubbly personality. She tries to accept her imperfections and enjoys the little pleasures in life. "Sh...
14.2K 682 37
Love happens in the most unexpected situation with the most unexpected person. No one can agree to this more than the business tycoon Ryan Parker him...
66 0 8
He divorced me after being married with my billionaire Husband for 3 years ..why? because his first love came back...in his eye I am just only a su...