Bring Me To Life

Від benniferxjlover

Join Ben's quest for true love, filled with unexpected twists and the search for a modern-day Romeo and Julie... Більше

Introduction
Strictly business...
The Pleasure Principle
Talking Body
Fear Of Attraction
The Special date part 1
The Special date part 2
The beginning of the truth...?
The unspoken Truth...
Colorblind
Apologetic or unapologetic?
Coping..
Ain't no mountain high...
One step ahead
One sweet day
A new milestone
Mom or stepmom...?
Solid
Paris
un bon debut a Paris
la nuit après les fiançailles partie 1
la vie est parfaite
Be my one
Count On Me
Chapel of Love
Love and Understanding
bienvenue bennifer à paris
Birthday shenanigans
Birthday special
Show day
Mystery Caller
Apology accepted...
Birthday boy pt 1
Party! Right...?
Best night ever
Killing me softly
The old Jennifer
Halloween time
Christmas part 1
Christmas part 2
Christmas day
Our first Valentines
Our first Valentines pt 2
Affleck vs Affleck
Those eyes
Back where you belong
Change of plans
Love me to death
Boston day 4 pt 1
Boston day 4 pt 2
You live and you learn
Be alright
Lets make a movie
Last minute Gala
The after party
Kiss me more
Unsteady
Mother knows best
All I Ask
Play by play
Wildest Dreams
When someone loves you
Nothin' On You
Girls day out
I'm glad
Love again
The unexpected arrival
The arrival
The Great Depression
You got the best of me
Pressure
Self control
On the 6
Authors note
Lets handle business...
The do over
Again?
Ay Dios Mio
Fire and Desire
Baby you're my firework
Youre my sparkle
Premiere Day- Flash
That feeling
Ghostin
Benvenuto in Italia
I Just Called To Say I love You
Wet
Its my party, I'll cry if I want to
Asking for forgiveness
Weeknight Burden
8.15
8.15 pt 2
Self care day
Practice makes perfect... right..?
Save me
Dollhouse
Emotions
Choose me...
Finally stress free
Soon....
This love
Anxiety...
2 steps forward, 1 step back
Finding her voice
Sera's big day
Remember me?
Emotional Fire
Best friend
Someone New
The move
Georgia market fun
Forgiving the Unforgivable: A Fresh Apology and a Fresh Conflict
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner
Authors note
Cy's adventure
Breakfast fiasco
Cy's big date
Sibling rivalry
Thanksgiving part 1
Thanksgiving part 2
Rough start of the week
Time of our lives
Friends... can kiss.. ocassionaly.. right..?
The mastermind
The Ying to my Yang
The unexpected event
All I want for Christmas is you
The portrait
New Years Eve
Authors Note
The soft sting
Can't Get Enough
Valentines
Chances
Jenn's Bday- La Vie En Rose
Live For Me
Lion King's Birthday
The chucky to my Tiffany
It Will Rain
Bring me to Life

Choose your words wisely

334 14 11
Від benniferxjlover

Ben's Perspective

A heavy sigh escaped me as the realization of what had just occurred settled in. Our kids had returned and settled down at the dinner table.

"Where's mom?" inquired Violet.

"She went outside for some fresh air; she wasn't feeling well," I replied, offering a soft smile. Jenn returned and took the only available seat, next to me.

"Mom, are you okay?" Cy asked, concerned.

"Of course, sweetie. I just felt a bit queasy and upset," Jenn replied, her gaze briefly locking with mine when she mentioned feeling "upset."

I returned her gaze, and she discreetly sent me a photo of my flask from the car. I sighed as I saw the image, and she looked at me, a mixture of disappointment and disgust in her eyes.

Sera noticed something was wrong. "Dad, are you all right?" she asked, her concern evident.

"Of course, darling. I'm just a bit tired," I assured her with a nod.

"I can't believe you're doing this. Now I have to clean up the mess you're starting once again," Jenn whispered in my ear, pinching my side hard.

I struggled to stifle a groan as I turned to look at her. "You're not going to humiliate me in front of our children," I whispered back in a stern tone. She met my gaze with a withering look, detecting the scent of alcohol on my breath.

"So, Mom, anything new today?" Sera asked, trying to change the subject.

"Not much, sweetie, just that I landed a role in 'Magic Mike,'" Jenn said with a soft laugh.

"Mom, a stripper again?" Max chuckled.

"Not exactly, more like the girlfriend of a stripper," Jenn nodded.

"I'm sure it'll be great. What do you think, Dad?" Violet asked.

"I truly don't mind as long as your mom is happy and comfortable with what she's doing," I replied with a smile, turning my gaze to Jenn, who was staring at me intently. I leaned in to kiss her, but she turned her head, offering her cheek. She giggled softly and cited "lip gloss" as her excuse. I forced a smile and removed my hand from hers. She then stepped on my toes hard, causing me to pull away.

"How was school today?" I asked, trying to engage the kids in conversation.

"It was slow but kind of fun. We had choir today, which I enjoyed," Sam replied with a smile.

"That's wonderful to hear, sweetheart!" Jenn chimed in, genuinely pleased for Sam.

"School was alright, just the usual," Violet said.

"Same here," Sera added.

We placed our orders with the waiter, and the kids chatted among themselves. I put my arm around Jenn's chair, drawing her closer.

"Don't touch me," Jenn whispered, her voice cold.

"You're my wife. I can touch you if I want," I asserted, locking eyes with her.

"You're not my husband today or for the rest of the week. You're going back to rehab. I can't tolerate this behavior any longer," Jenn whispered firmly in my ear. I glared at her.

"I'm not going back. I only had one drink; you're overreacting," I argued.

"Then pack your things and leave. I won't tolerate an abusive alcoholic around my children," Jenn hissed in my ear.

"Excuse me, you're living in my home, remember that. And like I said, it was just one drink. I'm just stressed," I retorted.

"Stressed about what? The last thing I remember, you accused me of infidelity. Clearly, you're bored and have enough free time to doubt me," Jenn whispered.

"I have my reasons, okay?" I snapped, glaring at her. She looked back at me, removed her wedding and engagement rings, and handed them to me without a word.

"I don't want them," I stated, holding my hands up. Jenn dropped the rings on the floor and excused herself to the restroom. I picked them up and followed her, locking the door behind me.

"Jenn, for heaven's sake," I sighed.

"Don't. If you want to drink, I won't allow you near our kids, especially yours. You've already traumatized them. They can't witness you falling apart again," Jenn yelled.

"Lower your voice.  No wonder no man can put up with you. No wonder I used to see you with a new man every week before I even met you. It all makes sense now. You have a low opinion of people and hold it against them,"  I snapped, shocked that she would stoop so low. Casey had been an addict a long time ago but had been sober for the past 15 years.

"Jenn backhanded me hard across the face, her ring cutting my cheek.

I groaned in pain and held my face, looking at her. She was in tears and upset. I stepped away from her and examined the cut on my cheek. My cheek was bright red and stinging. This woman was strong.

"I never want to see you again after dinner," Jenn declared as she wiped away her tears and reapplied her makeup. I looked at her and grabbed her arm as she attempted to open the door. She promptly punched me in the face, and I stumbled back, clutching my face in pain.

"That's for hurting my feelings and essentially calling me a slut," she snapped, then walked out of the restroom as if nothing had happened. I sighed and got up, examining the mirror to see the bruise on my cheek forming from the punch. She had punched my cheek, which she had just slapped, and I cleaned up the blood, sighing as my cheek throbbed in pain.

Ten minutes later, I returned to the table, knowing that I fully deserved what Jenn had done to me. I sat down, and dinner was tense between us, though the kids seemed to be enjoying themselves. After the meal, I paid the bill, then helped the kids get into the car.

I looked at Jenn, who stood there waiting for the kids to settle in before getting into her own car.

"Will you ride back to the house with me?" I asked, knowing her answer.

"No," Jenn replied firmly, about to get into her car. I stopped her, pulled her close, and cupped her face, kissing her deeply in front of the kids. She had no choice but to kiss me back, and she did so softly before pulling away and getting into her car. I said goodbye to the kids, walked back to my car, and drove off. I sighed softly, thinking about what Jenn had said.

We both arrived at the same time.  I approached the car and courteously opened the door for the children. Jenn was the first to step out and gracefully made her way indoors. The children followed her, and I trailed behind, heading towards my room. I grabbed a suitcase and entered the room just as Jenn began to undress, slipping into her elegant, black silk pajama set. My gaze lingered on her as I observed her meticulous nighttime skincare routine.

Returning to my packing, I carefully selected some clothes. As I rifled through my neatly folded shirts, I stumbled upon a jewelry box hidden beneath them. Upon opening it, I discovered a beautiful gold necklace with a pendant engraved with Jennifer's name. I walked over to where Jenn was now seated on the bed and handed her the box. She took a brief look at it before setting it aside.

"My love doesn't come with a price tag. Trust and respect mean more to me. They are priceless," she said, her tone firm.

"I... I just wanted to give it to you. I've been meaning to give it to you," I replied softly, picking up the jewelry box and placing it on the nightstand. Jenn watched me but remained silent. I walked over to the closet, closed my suitcase, and then approached Jennifer.

"I'm sorry for today, for letting you down. I hope that when I return, we can go to therapy together and put this behind us," I sighed softly, gently touching her warm cheek with my thumb. Jenn pulled away, turning her back to me as she lay in our large bed. I sighed and retreated to the guest room for the night.

The next morning, I took the kids to school.

"Guys, I'll be going on a business trip and will be away for a month. I know it's short notice, but I promise it'll be quick. Can you promise me that you'll take care of your mother and be kind to her while not causing any trouble?" I asked as I pulled up to the carpool lane drop-off zone.

"Yeah, don't worry, we're always good," Violet assured me, she already knew how last night played out between Jenn and I since she has seen it and heard it many times with my ex... The kids understood my frequent business trips and the routine.

"Bye, Dad, we love you so, so much," Cy and Sera chimed in, hugging me before getting out.

"Bye, Dad, have fun and be good," Violet added.

"Bye, Daddy," Sam hugged me too, and they all exited the car, waiting for Max.

"Bye, Dad," Max said and joined his siblings. They waved at me and walked Sam to his class before I drove off to the rehab clinic in Santa Monica, where I'd been before.

To be continued...

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Again Від afflecks

Фанфіки

18.7K 597 52
A story about true love and two people reconnecting with each other after a long time.
I, Love Від

Фанфіки

17.3K 512 61
Jennifer is on the back end of her relationship with Alex and soughts out comfort in her long-time best friend, Leah. But then, someone unexpected po...
33.5K 1.5K 40
Weird love story
The Journey Home Від L.B. Reyes

Жіночі романи

1.4M 53.2K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...