Fields of Gold; Daniel Riccia...

By Lieke4043

Skylar is a F1 fan and her favorite driver is Daniel Ricciardo. After a traumatic experience she gets an ama... More

The beginning.
Is he perfect?
No more.
Surprise!
It's Friday then!
Papaya team
Good food and good company.
On our way.
Monaco
Daniels pov.
Pizza time
Tension rising.
Good girl
Good morning.
Sight seeing.
Confessions
All the way.
What a view.
Mystery woman.
It's out.
Open Mic
What a night.
Wakey wakey.
Breaking point.
Going live
Testing the water.
Smells fishy.
Let's go!
Mile high club
Fans
Karaoke
Breakfast.
Just the two of us.
Punched in the gut.
Will Buxton.
So much support.
Back on track
Quali time.
Sexy surprise
Roscoe
Race sunday.
Back in the UK
Goodbyes aren't easy.
Destination unknown.
LA
Universal
Meeting Blake
She's everything.
Salsa
Miami
Wednesday.
This is me!
Rising star
Back home
Grace and Joe
I'm not!
Guess what..
Fear
Points again.
Disaster strikes.
Guilt
Useless
Darkness
Hold my hand
Fix you.
Together with Lewis
Family
Good enough
We're good
Meetings
Camera.
Honey Badgers birthday
Frustration
Party
I did something
Letting go
Endings and possibilities
Ranch life
Ranch life 2
Cowgirl
Be happy
Wake up!
Awake
Private
Daniel
Road to recovery
Best friends.
Pancake
Signed, sealed delivered
Planning.
Never have I ever.
Choices
Request
Spa
Zandvoort
Insecure
Girlfriends
It's a bug...
Unbelievable
Just a perfect day
Peanut
You're getting lucky tonight.
So much for my happy ending.
Conclusions
The big day
I've loved you for a thousand years.
Closure
Down Under
Crikey
Perth is full of surprises.
The best family
Not again
Crazy Christmas
New year
Oh Love
We're halfway there
Preparation
Textbook
Swiss Chocolate
An 'innocent' game of pool.
Yours?
Not sharing
Race of Champions
Get ready for the launch
New York, New York
You and me
Bahrein Testing
First Friday
The whole world is watching
Birthday girl
Party and goodbye
Dream
Not today
I'm coming
Race against time
Boy or girl?
Adjusting
Make her proud
Her first flight
Meet the team
Bahrein curse
My champion
Everything changes
Looking back
Epilogue

You got this

716 23 4
By Lieke4043

"Shit I was fine during practice, but now it gets real." Daniel paces around his drivers room an hour before quali.
He's suddenly feeling extremely nervous, something I haven't experienced like this for a quali or a race before.
"Hey don't get yourself so worked up. You have had 3 amazing practices. Ending in the top 3 every time. So maybe Alonso was fast this last practice. But you had a higher fuel load I think"

I grab his hand to stop him from pacing.
"Sit with me." I pull him on his couch next to me and pat my lap.
"Lay down handsome. Let me help you relax." He sighs and lays down with his head on my lap.
I immediately start combing his hair with my fingers. Something that he loves and which usually helps to relax him.
"You always know how to make me feel better." He's almost whispering now he is finally calming down.

"Of course I do, I'm your wife remember. I should know these things. Your son is awake by the way." I can feel him kicking already, so Daniel turns his head, pressing his ear against my bump.
"Hey baby girl. Talking to you and feeling you move in there really helps me pull myself together. I really can't wait to finally meet you. But I know I have to be patient. You have a lot of growing to do. Daddy loves you so much."

It's like peanut actually moves towards his voice, because at first I felt most movements more at the top of my bump, but now it's like he is more at the front where Daniel is.
"Can you believe I'm already 28 weeks tomorrow. Only 12 more weeks to go. It's getting closer and closer, but it also feels to far away still." My fingers are now massaging his scalp, extracting a soft moan from him.
"Please don't stop." I smile as I see him close his eyes, his hand still placed where peanut is kicking pretty forcefully right now.

"28 weeks, I still remember Singapore where you found out. That was an amazing day. I've been such a lucky man, ever since I met you my life has just been great. Ok except for the miscarriage and my accident. But besides that, I have you to thank for all of that. You have made me the happiest man alive."
I see his sweet smile and I almost melt.

"I'm the lucky one. I've got the man of my dreams here with me. I sometimes still pinch myself to see if I'm not dreaming."
We hear a knock on the door, ruining the moment.
"Daniel it's time to get ready." It's Laura, Daniels assistant.
"I'll be there in a minute."

Before getting up he presses a kiss on my bump. "Wish me luck baby girl."
I'm wearing a skin hugging top and suddenly I feel a hard kick and at the same time we see the spot where we felt it move.
"Auw that was actually a really hard kick. But did you see that? Was that really visible on the outside or is my mind playing tricks on me?" I say looking at Daniel.
"Oh no I saw that as well. Wauw that was pretty amazing and a bit freaky as well. I mean feeling it is one thing, but actually seeing a foot pushing from the inside out is so weird. But so beautiful."

"That was your son, kicking your ass, telling you to get in that car and get the best quali laps out of that car. You know you can do it." My bump is now getting to the size that it's sometimes a bit hard getting up from the couch. I can, but it just takes a bit more effort.
Daniel grabs both my hands to help me up, I give him a quick kiss.
"Now go get em my honey badger. Show them the fierce, fearless man I know."

He opens the door where Laura is waiting for him.
"Ready Daniel?" She says smiling at me at the same time.
"I am now. Let's kick some ass."

I'm standing next to Michael in the garage watching the screens as Q1 is only 2 more minutes. It's not looking good for McLaren, Lando might just make it to Q2, but Oscar will have to find 8 tenth somewhere and I don't expect he will. The car is maybe even worse than last year.
Max is P1 right now, Alonso P2 and Daniel P3. Which is already far better than what he ever had in McLaren.
Ferrari is looking alright, they are P4 for Charles and P6 for Carlos.

Only separated by George, who is 1,5 tenth quicker than Lewis on P7.
Lando does manage to end Q1 on P14, but it's far from what he hoped for.
They don't have long before Q2 is starting. 15 minutes later both Red Bulls are on top, Max half a tenth quicker than Daniel. Alonso following a tenth behind and then both Ferraris.
Lando gets kicked out of Q2 on P11. He was close, but this time Pierre was just a bit faster.

By the time Q3 is half way I'm squeezing Michaels hand. I really want Daniel to get his first pole being back at the team. But I also know about the Bahrein curse. The person who wins in Bahrein hasn't ended up as a champion for the last 6 years or so. So maybe Daniel should finish second and then in Abu Dhabi he will be crowned world champion.
The final flying laps are starting. Daniel is in front of Max, putting in a purple first sector, but Max getting purple on the second.

"I can't watch this. Just tell me." I say to Michael, burying my face in his shirt.
"Oh no you're watching. Daniel would want you to. It doesn't matter if he starts P1 or 2. He's already shown that he is still the Daniel everybody knew from when he was first at Red Bull. Come on just watch." He turns me back around and I fixate my eyes on the screen for the last 2 corners.
"Come on babe, you can do it." I've got my fingers and toes crossed. Peanut is quiet for a minute after being awake during the entire session.

Daniel crosses the line with a provisional pole. Only 10 seconds later Max follows. He passes the finish line... 2 thousands of a second faster.
"Shit. That was extremely close." I sigh, but I'm so proud. He's going to start P2 tomorrow. He hasn't had that in years. So this is absolutely amazing. My sight is getting blurry from the tears, it just feels like he's back. It's only quali, so he still has the race tomorrow, 57 laps with 19 other cars on track, all fighting for points. But being able to start on P2 makes my heart burst with pride.
He'll get pole next time. If this is how the season is going to be, then I would be surprised if I wouldn't go into labor at some point just from the stress of it all.

"Our boy has done fantastic. Come on let's go to Parc Fermé to wait for him. He will want to see you." Michael says, snapping me out of my thoughts.
At first I want to stand behind a bit, because I don't want to get crushed with my bump, but Michael soon helps me. He walks behind me, making sure I have enough space around me. Everybody in the team gives me room to get through as well. So soon I stand in front waiting for my husband.

I look at the 3 signs with the numbers 1, 2 and 3 on it as Charles comes in to park behind the 3, he seems pleased with the results. Then I see both Red Bulls coming through, Max parking behind the 1 and the love of my life behind the 2.
Max jumps out and greets his team members and Kelly. Then there's my man, I can see he needs a moment to pull himself back together. This was exactly what we were hoping for when we talked to Christian. Him being able to fight for pole with Max and even though it's just the first weekend, this is very promising.

Finally I see him taking off the steering wheel before climbing out of the car, he turns around to put everything back and then jogs my way, helmet still on.
He stands in front of me, his eyes shining with pride and unshed tears of happiness.
"I'm so proud of you my honey badger. This is just the beginning." It almost feels like he already won the race, but after last year this is already such an amazing step forward.

He wraps his arms around me, "I love you baby."
I kiss his helmet, "go do what you have to do. I'll be waiting for you."
Michael goes with him to help out with his helmet and gives him his drink.
One of the mechanics actually takes Michaels place behind me so he's now pretty much protecting me.
When I look back I see it's Calum, one of the mechanics. He's really nice, always joking around, but such a hard worker. His hair is a bit like Lewis, also with the braids, just a bit longer.
"Thanks Calum, I really appreciate this."

He smiles, "when he gets the podium tomorrow we'll make sure we get permission to have you standing in front of the push fences. I'll talk to Christian about it so he can clear it with the FIA. We don't want you to get crushed in the excitement."
We watch the Jenson Button interviewing Charles about his quali first.

"And here he is, the man who seems to be back at the front, Daniel how does this feel mate?"
Daniel walks up to him with his signature smile. Last year his smile often didn't reach his eyes, but it definitely does now.
"It feels amazing, I really feel I came home. I really am grateful for Christian and the team to give me this chance. I am determined not to disappoint them. But most importantly, I'm not going to disappoint my wife. She is one of the reasons I'm here in the first place."
I'm glowing, my face feels like it's burning, especially when I see a camera in front of me and my proud, blushing face all over the screens.

"You're a lucky man that's for sure, so what do you think about tomorrow. Will the team let you fight Max?"
Daniel nods, "as long as we don't run each other off the track we can fight. In the end we want to get the constructors championship again just as much as the drivers. Max and I are both eager, he wants his third and I want my first. So I'm sure we'll be fighting hard, but clean."

"Looking forward to some fighting tomorrow then. Good luck mate, good to see you back here."
He slaps Daniel on the shoulder before he turns to Max. Daniel walks over to Charles for a chat, on track the are rivals, but off track they are great friends.

My back starts to ache so I head back to Daniels drivers room so I can lay down for a bit. I'm sure he'll find me once he's done with the press conference and all his other media appearances.
While I'm walking there Bradley comes up to me.
"Hey Bradley, how is everything going? Nothing too crazy I hope?"
He shakes his head, "no it's alright, a lot of great reactions on the video you made with Max and Daniel, people are editing like crazy on TikTok so some hilarious videos are being made. Can I get you anything, you seem a bit tired?"

"I'm alright, my back is just a bit sore. I guess that's just what you get when you get as big as I am right now." My hand is on my bump where little peanut is having a bit of a party.
"Can I get you anything? A hot water bottle or something?" He asks, "or should I get Michael so he can massage you to help ease with the pain."
"No I'll be fine, I'm sure Michael is busy anyways."
We reach the drivers room and he follows me inside.
"Skylar I'm your PA, I'm here to help you, so if you are uncomfortable let me help you out."

I sit down to hopefully relax my back a bit.
"It's just part of being pregnant, it's ok. I'll have to get used to it I think. I'm only getting bigger in the next weeks. I'm just going to lay down for a bit. If Daniel is looking for me you can tell him where I am."
He nods and then leaves.
I know he means well, but I'm not going to bother Michael when he's working.

I put a pillow against the arm rest of the couch and then lay down on my back, my knees up, hoping to release some of the tension in my back.
I sigh, this is only the beginning, but I also realize I have been on my feet quite a lot today, maybe for the next races I just have to sit down a bit more often.
There's a knock on the door, "come in it's open."
I see Michael walking in, I guess Bradley did get him after all. Even though I told him not to, but honestly I'm pretty happy to see him. He might be able to help me.

"Hey gorgeous, I heard your back is hurting you, can I help you out? Daniel is still in the press conference so I don't have anything to do now." He asks sitting down at my feet.
"Yeah I guess. It's just my lower back that is playing up, but I'm sure it will get only worse as I keep growing."
"If you turn on your side, back towards me I'll see what I can do to relieve some of the aches."

I turn over and he pulls up my top a bit, it's Michael so I really don't care. He is the one who picked me up from the floor while I was losing our first baby. He has seen me at my worst.
His warm hands are on my skin, putting some gentle pressure on the spots that are painful.
His fingers are like magic, at first it feels a bit uncomfortable, but a few minutes later I can feel it easing up and the pain subsides.
"Oh god thank you, this feels so much better already." I'm almost moaning because it feels so good.

"Just come to me when you need me, I can help you if you are struggling with your back. And if it gets worse we can always ask Angela. She would love to help you as well" he keeps rubbing the sensitive spots on my back, really release the tension in there.
"Thanks Michael, I will. I just don't want to be a burden."
He scoffs, "you silly girl, you should know by now you're not. Just ask for help if you need it. Because you have to stay fit and energized to be able to cope with labor and life with a newborn. If you don't let people help you now, you'll be exhausted by the time this little one comes."

"Yeah you're right, I will ask sooner next time. It just has been such an easy pregnancy so far. And now it's only a bit of a backache, so I still have it quite easy I would say." I sigh when he is finished turning around so I'm on my back again.
Peanut is still having a party and my top has moved up so my bump is bare.
Michael is looking at it when he suddenly sees it moving.
"Wow was that peanut?" His eyes are wide open when he realizes what he just saw.

"Yeah that little bugger is having a party in there, it's funny to see right?" Something is poking out of me next to my belly button. It's probably a foot. So I put my finger on it to push back, only to get punished with a hard kick.
I flinch, that was a nasty one.
"Shit that looks painful." Michael looks at my face, but luckily peanut decides to finally go to sleep so I can get some rest from him.

"That last one was a bit nasty. It's definitely a feisty little one in there." I rub the sore spot on my belly, it almost feels like I have a bruise, but I can't see one on the outside.
"Just take it easy ok, you're in your third trimester, so you really have to take good care of yourself."
"I will thanks Michael. You're the best." I squeeze his hand for a bit when we hear the door open.

"I thought I was the best." I hear my husbands voice as he comes in. His racing suit still around his waist as he hasn't even had a chance to change before all the media needed him.
"You are, you know it. Michael just massaged by back as it was a bit sore."
He bend over to give me a kiss. "Is peanut making you uncomfortable?" I nod and I can tell he feels bad about it. 
"It's just part of the third trimester. It will be alright. I'll probably get more aches and pains until he decides to come out. Not much we can do about it. I've had it easy so far."

"I guess, but I don't want to see you in pain." He is taking off his suit, which is a feast for my eyes.
"I'm going to get my stuff and collect your things as well Dan, meet you guys at the car in 30 minutes?" Michael gets up and we agree to meet at the parking lot in half an hour.

I'm in the garage while the cars are out doing the formation lap. The nerves are soaring through my body and that combined with a baby who is doing summer salts in my belly makes me feel nauseous.
Michael is behind me letting me lean against him. I'm on a stool but it doesn't have a back support, so Michael is now my support.
"He'll be fine, don't worry." I hear him say, I'm sure he can feel my tensed up body and I realize I'm shaking.

"I know, I've never been this nervous last year, it's just that I kinda knew he wouldn't be this far in the front. And now if this goes well he's on that podium again. He hasn't been up there since Monza 2 years ago." Also I wasn't with him in Bahrein last year as we hadn't met then.
"I know, but he is really in top shape with a great car. And he has you, he wants to make you proud."
I smile. I know he does, even though I tell him how proud I am every day.

Max and Daniel are now positioning their cars on their grid positions. The rest are following and once Logan Sargeant put his car on the last spot the green flag waves and the lights go on.
As soon as they are all on everything goes quiet in the garage.
"It's lights out and away they go." I whisper when I see the red lights go out and the cars all take off.
Both Daniel and Max have a great start, they are next to each other in the first corner, but Daniel has the inside of that turn.

I start to bite my nails, but Michael grabs my hands to stop me from chewing them to the bone.
He wraps his arms around me from behind as we see Daniel and Max still close in the next couple of corners.
There's a camera filming inside the garage, I suddenly see myself leaning against Michael, his arms around me.
Oh this will be hilarious, I'm sure social media will be all over the place.

It's a good thing Daniel knows me and Michael are just close friends, so I know he won't be bothered by it.
"We're going to be on social media for sure now Michael." I laugh and he turns his head to see the camera.
We both smile and wave before he actually kisses me on the head.
"Oh my god Italiano, you're just making it worse." I feel bad for the media officer who has to deal with this, but I mean, as if we would betray Daniel? Not in this lifetime or the next.

After three laps things are stabilizing a bit, Daniel is still in front of Max, but Max is recharging as the DRS has now been enabled and he's only 1,1 seconds behind Daniel. So it might be just a matter of time before he's within DRS.
In lap 8 he's close enough to get DRS and he gives it a try. Daniel is very good at defending and late braking, so Max has his work cut out. They are both already over 4 seconds away from Charles who is still on P3.

"Shit Michael if this is going to be how things will go the rest of the year I'll be gray at the end of it." We still have 48 laps to go, so anything can happen.
Max eventually manages to overtake Daniel, but he isn't able to really pull away.
They have Daniel to pit first for mediums as they started on the softs, Max comes in a lap later. For the team it's most important that both drivers get the maximum amount of points for the constructors.

The race is pretty stable until they come in again both changing back to softs.
Daniel is still only 1,5 seconds behind Max and he's now recharging so he might be able to get back into the DRS.

Only 5 more laps and Daniel gets DRS on Max, he tries to out brake him in turn one but goes a bit wide.
I'm holding my breath now, they haven't got anything to fear from the rest of the grid as they have pulled over 8 seconds away from the rest.
"Oh god please be careful." I whisper when I see them fighting so close.
3 more laps to go, Daniel is next to Max when they cross start finish.
Max brakes a bit later than Daniel, causes him to lock up.

"Oh my god! Please bring her home babe, bring her home." Daniel is now in front of Max, pulling away as Max had a bit of a struggle getting his car back after his lock up.
"Last lap, let's get you to parc fermé!" Michael shouts and he helps me to get off the stool.
Calum grabs my hand as well and they both pretty much drag me to where the cars will line up.

The rest of the team is already in the barriers cheering as Daniel and Max cross the checkered flag, only 3 tenths apart.
"He did it, he fucking did it!!!!" I cry out, tears are running down my face when I realize Daniel won his first race back at Red Bull.
"Hell yeah he did!!" Michael pulls me in a hug. As tight as we can without crushing peanut.
"I knew he could do it! Fuck you Zak!! Fuck you McLaren!"

I turn around to see Calum with a massive smile, so I wrap my arms around him as well.
Christian comes up to us, "come Skylar, we have a spot for you in front of the fences so you won't get crushed."
The four of us quickly head out to where the rest of the team is already waiting for the cars and drivers to return.
"Christian, thank you for giving him this chance. I know it's only the first race, but I just know this is just the beginning for him and for the team to get another championship."

He smiles, "we're very happy to have him back. So thank you for your great sales pitch." I blush, I remember that moment so well.
Finally we see the cars pull up, Daniel behind the number 1, a cap with the 1 waiting for him.
Max eventually got fastest lap, but I don't care. My man, who almost gave up on himself when McLaren failed him, is now behind the number 1.
He pulls out his steering wheel, placing it on the front of the car, then he gets out, I see his gloved hands rubbing his eyes as his visor is open.

I know he's emotional right now as am I, I don't think I haven't stopped crying and I doubt I will any time soon.
He jumps out of the car, placing his steering wheel back before running over to me and the team.
He scoops me up and I wrap my arms and legs around him as if I'm a koala clinging to a tree.
It's not very comfortable with my bump and him still wearing his helmet, but I couldn't care less right now.

"I knew you could do it! I love you so much. I'm so proud." I say wrapped around him.
"Thank you so much for not giving up on me. You're my lifeline and I love you."
I kiss his helmet on the place where his mouth should be, before releasing him from my grip.
"Now celebrate with your team. I'm not going anywhere."
After looking into my teary eyes with his he makes his way to the rest of the team, jumping into the fences to hug as much people at once.

When Max comes up to him, they hug each other, both having enjoyed their fight on the track and now back to being teammates and friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 17.8K 57
𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸, 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝘆𝗶�...
187K 5.4K 74
WARNING ⚠️ CONTAINS SMUT. ⚠️ If you think you may get offended then don't read haha. May contain themes that some readers may find disturbing. 2...
84.1K 1.9K 31
Elisabeth Morgan - a 27-year old woman exploring the life abroad thanks to work opportunities. After seeing a man for two days during her morning wa...
82.8K 1.1K 52
Sarah Harrison. She is the goddess of the paddock. Her best friend: Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc. They have been best friends since they were 6 yea...