The Youngest Daughter of the...

By selimchosen

The man watching the moment it was born was silent. He was a snake (that is also a black mamba), but his chil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chpater 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84

Chapter 77

1.2K 37 0
By selimchosen

Irene was being a bad girl without intention.

"I'll do that for you."

"Really?"

It was just something she said out of anger.

Unlike before, Ella remained silent. It looked like she was afraid Cade's attention might turn to her. But now he was giving me all his attention. As if she was invisible to him.

Then I will stop fretting over now, because I am done with my business.

"Daddy, I'm cold."

I forgot for a moment, but the air here was very cool. Maybe because I was wearing only slippers without socks, my legs and my body were a little cold.

When I finished my work, I felt the cold again and my body trembled. Cade clicked his tongue.

"Let's go."

"Yes."

Cade took the lantern I was holding and held me up.

As I hugged him back in a stable position, he said as he climbed up the stairs of the basement.

"Your body is cold. How long have you been here?"

"Hm. I don't know."

"You did a good job of twisting Messi."

"......Hehe."

"Did that sound like a compliment?"

Hip! Let's shut up. If I mess up a little more, I could end the night with a painful flick on my forehead.

When we completely came out of the basement, I saw Messi and Bassad waiting.

"Bassad?"

Why are you here?

Moreover, Messi was completely intimidated. Looking at the subdued atmosphere, it seems that something happened while I was away.

I feel sorry for Messi. Obviously, I made a promise before going downstairs, but I didn't keep it.

"Messi."

"Yes."

"It's my fault, I'm sorry. I lied because I really wanted to come here..."

As I went on, my voice got smaller and smaller.

He looked at me and gave a bright smile.

"There are also days like this in my life, being deceived by the Lady I serve."

"......Hick."

"That's my fault, so I can't do anything about it but do my best to not get fooled next time."

He finished his last words with a smile. Seeing a different smile than usual, I felt a sense of crisis.

From now on, I must never cheat.

"I won't do that next time."

"Yes, thank you."

"It's true."

"Yes, I believe you."

...I don't think so. You don't seem to believe me at all.

I decided to stop here. Because I was the reason why everyone gathered at this late hour.

"Then everyone can go back."

"What?"

Messi asked back in confusion. He was waiting for punishment, but he was surprised that Cade just let it go.

"Can we go back like this?"

"Why. Do you want to be punished?"

"It's not like that."

Messi quickly shook his hand and his head.

Bassad, who had been nervous about what punishment would be given, could be seen relaxing.

"Irene cheated on this matter, so let's move on." (Cade)

"...I'm sorry. It won't happen in the future." (Irene)

"She's also reflecting on what she did wrong, so that's enough for now." (Cade)

"Thank you, my Lord."

Messi and Bassad bowed their heads to say their farewells.

I was not in a good mood, because two people almost got into trouble because of me. I'll have to be careful not to let this happen in the future. I swore so in my heart.

"Well, let's call it a day."

Bassad and Messi quickly disappeared at Cade's words. In an instant, the hallway became quiet.

I glanced at Daddy.

He was holding me and walking somewhere. I thought he was taking me to my room, but when I looked in the direction, it wasn't.

I think he's heading to the office.

Do you want to give me a separate scolding?

Since I was in the wrong, I had a lot on my mind. As I gently looked around, Cade opened his mouth.

"It's still a long way to go before the sun rises. You must have slept less."

"Hm. Yes."

It was still dark outside the window. It will be long before the sun rises. To be honest, even if I went back to my room like this, I thought it would be difficult to fall asleep again because I was restless.

I rested my cheek on Cade's shoulder.

"Daddy. Where are you going now?"

"Bedroom."

"My room?"

"No, my room."

Oh, I see... No, what?

I took off my cheek in surprise.

Cade's bedroom was next to the office, and there was another door in the room. When he opened the large door that opened on both sides, I saw a large room.

The bedroom was surprisingly decorated with many things.

There were several flowerpots on the windowsill and paintings hung on the walls. In addition, small objects that showed someone's presence were found everywhere.

When I looked at them curiously, Cade said.

"It was decorated by Estella during her lifetime."

"Ah."

"You'd better sleep here today."

"......Here?"

Cade put me on a big bed.

The slippers hanging from the tip of my toes fell to the floor. The soft blanket was felt by the tip of my hand.

But why has he brought me here?

I curiously looked up as he covered me in the blanket and said.

"You must know the reason better yourself. A lot happened today to sleep alone."

"......Yes."

That's true. I was actually relieved. I was worried about how to sleep in my room by myself.

Cade lay down next to me. He lay on his side with one arm supporting his body and awkwardly patted me as he looked at me.

"Don't keep what happened today in your mind."

"Huh?"

"I'll make sure to bury it in the ground as soon as possible."

"What's that."

There was a big laugh coming from me. My heavy sinking heart became a little light.

I gradually closed my eyes with Cade's patting. I thought I would never sleep today, but it was like magic.

That's how I fell asleep.

* * *

Flash.

When I woke up, I was alone in bed. I jumped up and looked at the empty place. It's still morning, did he already leave?

"Daddy......"

I called Cade in a small voice. No answer was heard. I shouted out loud again.

"Daddy!"

"You're up."

Then the door opened and Cade came in. He seemed to be in the office outside the bedroom.

It had been a while since he had woken up. He had already washed up and changed his clothes.

"I thought you were gone."

"You're still a baby. How have you slept alone all this time?"

"That's because of Rosaria..."

Come to think of it, what happened to Rosaria? She must have been really surprised to see that I was not in the room this morning. Besides, yesterday, I sent Rosaria back over and over again, saying I could sleep alone.

When I stopped my words and my expression became serious, Cade asked back as if asking to continue my words.

"What about Rosaria?" (Cade)

"What if Rosaria doesn't find me?" (Irene)

"Oh, that's what you're talking about. She's already made a fuss."

"Al-already?"

"She came over with an ashen face early in the morning."

"Ugh."

I stiffened up and Cade shook his head.

"You'd better stop worrying about Rosaria for now and wash up first."

"Yes."

Let's wash up first and think about it later. I entered the bathroom.

To my surprise, the bathroom had everything I needed for washing. It seemed that Cade had not forgotten to take care of it.

I stepped up the stairs with all my might.

In the past, when I climbed up like this, I could only see the top of my head, but now I can see my entire face.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I wiped it with a towel.

Where is the lotion?

As I was looking around, Cade, who was waiting in front of me, held out a round barrel.

"Looks like you're looking for this."

"Yes, that's right! Daddy is the best."

I dipped a lot of lotion and applied it.

Chop. chop. chop.

I was rubbing my cheeks with my palms, and Cade stared at me.

"What?"

"Here."

"Uh?"

Cade reached out and rubbed the forehead right above my nose bridge.

"You didn't spread everything."

"Again?"

"I see you do this often."

"No."

"You just said 'again' with your mouth."

"......"

"Who said they won't lie from now on?"

That was... There was nothing to say. However, since there is no mirror, it is unavoidable that I cannot apply it meticulously.

"Only once in a while."

"That's what we call getting into trouble."

"Ugh."

But where are the clothes?

I looked around to find a change of clothes. It's kind of weird to go out wearing pajamas.

"What are you looking for?"

"Daddy, where are my clothes?"

"......"

"......There's none?"

I guessed he had prepared everything including washing up and lotion, but he forgot my clothes.

Cade meekly admitted.

"I forgot."

I thought that he was organized, but he didn't seem to care too much for details. There's no helping it. I just have to go back with this.

I stood in front of the mirror and straightened my slightly frizzy hair with my hands.

Cade was watching it.

I don't know why, but it seemed like he was amazed that I was doing this.

"It's all over."

This is not bad. Although it was too different compared to what Rosaria usually did with my hair.

Growl.

There was a loud fluctuation in the bedroom. I flinched. He probably heard it, right? There's only the two of us in the room, so he definitely heard it.

Cade let out a windy laugh.

"Seems like you need to eat."

"Yes......."

"Let's go."

I grabbed Cade's hand at once. It doesn't matter if I'm in pajamas. It's my house anyway.

As I came out of Cade's room, I could feel the passing vassals glancing over. It seemed strange that I was walking hand in hand with Cade in the morning in my pajamas.

As I was dragging my slippers, I saw Ian and Helena not far away.

Helena found us and warmly waved her hand.

"This is great, I was on my way to eat and was thinking to ask to have breakfast together..."

Helena looked at my outfit and tilted her head in wonder.

"Why is Irene wearing pajamas?"

⊱⋅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4K 53
The Delgado siblings have had their lives turned around; with the inevitable appearance of a familiar face finally upon them and a whole new risk of...
19.8K 334 37
Kiara is an eighteen years old girl who lived on her own since she was sixteen Then, out of nowhere, she found herself in the care of her brothers t...
3.9K 281 12
𝐈𝐬𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. 𝐃�...
9.1K 82 13
After meeting a guy at a party, they feel something towards each other. The tension is definitely there, but to her surprise he turns out overprotect...