Fields of Gold; Daniel Riccia...

By Lieke4043

Skylar is a F1 fan and her favorite driver is Daniel Ricciardo. After a traumatic experience she gets an ama... More

The beginning.
Is he perfect?
No more.
Surprise!
It's Friday then!
Papaya team
Good food and good company.
On our way.
Monaco
Daniels pov.
Pizza time
Tension rising.
Good girl
Good morning.
Sight seeing.
Confessions
All the way.
What a view.
Mystery woman.
It's out.
Open Mic
What a night.
Wakey wakey.
Breaking point.
Going live
Testing the water.
Smells fishy.
Let's go!
Mile high club
Fans
Karaoke
Breakfast.
Just the two of us.
Punched in the gut.
Will Buxton.
So much support.
Back on track
Quali time.
Sexy surprise
Roscoe
Race sunday.
Back in the UK
Goodbyes aren't easy.
Destination unknown.
LA
Universal
Meeting Blake
She's everything.
Salsa
Miami
Wednesday.
This is me!
Rising star
Back home
Grace and Joe
I'm not!
Guess what..
Fear
Points again.
Disaster strikes.
Guilt
Useless
Darkness
Hold my hand
Fix you.
Together with Lewis
Family
Good enough
We're good
Meetings
Camera.
Honey Badgers birthday
Frustration
Party
I did something
Letting go
Endings and possibilities
Ranch life
Ranch life 2
Cowgirl
Be happy
Wake up!
Awake
Private
Daniel
Road to recovery
Best friends.
Pancake
Signed, sealed delivered
Planning.
Never have I ever.
Choices
Request
Spa
Zandvoort
Insecure
Girlfriends
It's a bug...
Unbelievable
Just a perfect day
Peanut
You're getting lucky tonight.
So much for my happy ending.
Conclusions
The big day
Closure
Down Under
Crikey
Perth is full of surprises.
The best family
Not again
Crazy Christmas
New year
Oh Love
We're halfway there
Preparation
Textbook
Swiss Chocolate
An 'innocent' game of pool.
Yours?
Not sharing
Race of Champions
Get ready for the launch
New York, New York
You and me
Bahrein Testing
First Friday
You got this
The whole world is watching
Birthday girl
Party and goodbye
Dream
Not today
I'm coming
Race against time
Boy or girl?
Adjusting
Make her proud
Her first flight
Meet the team
Bahrein curse
My champion
Everything changes
Looking back
Epilogue

I've loved you for a thousand years.

894 22 5
By Lieke4043

This is it readers! They are going to say I do! Let me know what you think.

Daniels pov:
Finally we arrive at the museum where the ceremony will be. My stomach feels like it has a million butterflies bouncing around. I'm getting married in a couple of minutes. Me.. the guy who was fine being single, who never thought he would get married and have a child within the first year of meeting somebody. And then there was Sky. My beautiful, sweet Skylar.
I still have no idea what I did to deserve her, but I'm bloody happy about it.

I'm with Michael already waiting with the officiant who will marry us.
It's hard standing still, but the door suddenly opens and Max and Charles walk in to stand beside me and Michael.
"Oh mate your eyes are going to pop out, that girl of yours looks like a dream, she's stunning." Charles says, as if I didn't think she is stunning whatever she is wearing.
"You lucky bastard." Max grins.

The music starts and the door opens again. I try to see if I can catch a glimpse of Skylar, but she is out of sight. I see Jenna, Brianna, Kelly and Charlotte walking in. They look gorgeous in their blue, long dresses. As they are walking I notice the split in their dresses going all the way up to their thighs.
"Wow." I hear Michael sigh besides me and I grin. I know he has feelings for Jenna, but she doesn't want to commit. Well I'm sure they will have a great time together today and chances are one of them won't be using their room tonight.

Then Pixie walks in, looking very cute in her dress. She sprinkles rose petals walking towards me, I give her a thumbs up when she sits down next to her parents and Mason.
This is it. Now Skylar should be coming through the door.
When I listen to the song I notice it's her voice singing it. She wanted to decide on the song to walk into and she actually recorded herself singing it. I love it, she's amazing. She manages to surprise me every single time with her talent.

I breathe in as I see Lewis appear in the door, his arm held out.
Then an arm, covered in lace, hooks into his and I finally see my beautiful bride.
I forget to breathe when I lay my eyes on her. I have never seen anything or anyone as beautiful as the woman walking towards me. She looks up at me with her radiating smile.
I swallow hard as I feel tears of happiness fill my eyes. All I want to do is run over to her and hold her.

My heart is racing, I don't want to blink, because that would mean I would miss a split second of the angel that is almost in front of me.
"Breathe mate, or you'll pass out." I hear Michael whisper next to me.
I take a deep breath, never taking my eyes off her. The dress hugs her body in all the right places, her bump is visible which makes it even better. She isn't wearing jewelry, which she doesn't need anyways, only her engagement ring is on her finger.

"You're one lucky basterd Dan." Michael whispers and I can only agree with him.
"I know. I don't deserve her." I say with a broken voice as I try to hold back my tears.
He hands me a tissue and I quickly wipe my eyes.

It seems like forever until she is finally standing in front of me.
"Hi handsome, my god you look so beautiful." She says as she wipes away a tear from my face.
"I don't know the words to describe you, beautiful doesn't even come close. You're breathtaking." I can tell her eyes are also a bit teary, but she manages to stay strong.
"Take good care of her Daniel, she's one of a kind and she deserves only the best." Lewis says before putting her hand in mine.
"Don't worry Lewis. I will."

He takes his seat as Skylar stands besides me.
I'm not letting go of her, bending towards her for a kiss I hear protests coming from the guests.
"That part comes later mate, just wait a bit." I hear Seb shouting, making everybody laugh.
"Well let's do this. I want to kiss you so badly." We turn to the officiant who starts his speech.

Skylars pov:

Pixie is walking, throwing around the rose petals like a star.
"Ready Sky?" Lewis asks and I nod. "More than ready."
He steps into the doorway holding out his arm. I hook mine in his and we walk through the door on our way to the aisle.
When I look up I see Daniel staring at me with teary eyes. He looks so handsome in his dark blue suit. His hair in neat curls, thank god he didn't really shave. His stubble is about a day old making him look gorgeous.

It's hard to believe that this handsome man is going to be my husband within the next hour.
Why does this walk take so long? I just want to run to him and jump into his arms.
Not that I can with this dress, but that doesn't mean I don't want to.
I only have eyes for him, I don't even see our guests who are sitting on both sides of the aisle.

Finally I make it to him, how I long to kiss him. There's a tear on his face which I wipe away. Lewis puts my hand in Daniels and tells him to take good care of me. I know he will, but it's sweet of Lewis to say that.
When Lewis takes his seat Daniel comes towards me for a kiss, only to be interrupted by Seb who tells him he has to wait.

We turn towards the officiant who starts his speech.
We asked him not to make it all too traditional and we also have our own vows we want to share.
Luckily he doesn't take too long.
"Now I know Skylar and Daniel wanted to share their own vows as well, so we'll start with Daniel."

Daniel gives a nervous smile and clears his throat.
"Holy Mac and cheese balls, I never thought I would be nervous to say something in public."
I stroke his stubbly cheek, smiling at him comforting.
"You'll be fine. It's just me here. Nobody else."
Looking in each others eyes he starts.
"My beautiful Skylar. I never thought I would be standing in a tux, about to marry a woman I've only met 7 months ago.
But there you were, waiting for somebody to pick you up to have a tour through the MTC and when I saw you I fell for you, hard.
You're down to earth, humble, sweet and caring for everybody you meet. People love you pretty much straight away. That's just how you are and I love you so much for that.

We've had tough things thrown at us. But you never gave up on me. Not when I distanced myself after losing our baby." He swallows back the lump that has formed. "But also not when I was in hospital after taking a tumble with Buck.
You stood beside me when I struggled with my job and I'm pretty sure you are the reason I got the seat at Red Bulls in the first place." He grins and I give him a wink.

"You stole my heart, but please don't think about returning it. It's yours for the rest of our lives. I will do everything I can to make you happy every single day, I will show you how much I love you, not a day will go by when we're together when I won't kiss you. You are my world, my soulmate and I can't wait for whatever will come our way, because I know together we can take on anything. And I can't wait to meet our little peanut.
I love you so much, I have never felt like this before and I will never feel like this ever again.
Brad Paisley said it all so much better than I will ever be able to in his song 'She's Everything'
You are everything and you're mine."

For somebody who was nervous about expressing his feeling in front of everybody he did damn good.
"That was beautiful babe. How will I be able to top that?" I say wiping a tear from my eye.
"I'm sure you'll manage."

I take a breath, I know what I want to say I just have to find the perfect words. I tried writing it down, but it never came out the way I wanted to, so I decided to just speak from my heart standing here in front of him.

"My sweet honey badger, I was just a girl from a small town, who happened to be a racing fan. And there was this guy, a race driver for McLaren, who stole my heart every time I saw him on tv. The sparkle in his eyes, his amazing smile, his tattoos, his humor. I admired him, but I knew I would never meet him and there was no way he would ever fall for me.
Then I had to fight for my life and thanks to that my two best friends signed me up for some contest to win a tour through the MTC. I didn't know until I got a call. Some guy with an Australian accent tried to convince me he was the man I had a crush on for so long.

And then he even came to pick me up.
They always say 'don't meet your heroes' but I did. And boy am I happy about that.
You turned my life upside down. Pretty much everything in my life is different now. But I wouldn't change it for anything. It's not the money, the fame, the glamour.
You know none of that is important to me. You are. You make me feel special every day, I know I'm worthy because of you. I've gained confidence thanks to you. I've stepped out of my comfort zone because of you.

My life is so much better because of the love you give me every single day. You stole my heart as well and I really don't want it back. You can have it, keep it safe, as I will do with yours.
I love you with my entire being and I look forward to waking up every day being your wife and the mother of your children.
Let's continue this journey together. I can't wait to find out what's in store for us. With you I can conquer it all."

"Wow." Is all he has to say, but the way his eyes are shining I know he's moved.
"After these loving words it's time to exchange rings and I'm going to ask you the most important question of the day. Who has the rings." The officiant asks.
"Roscoe let's go." Lewis gets up and gets Roscoe from Angela.
He takes off Roscoes leash "go to Skylar buddy."
First Roscoe looks as if he's going to make a run for it, but I quickly call him over.

"Roscoe come here buddy." He looks up and I see his little tail wagging.
He runs towards me and I quickly squat so I can stop him before he jumps and maybe destroys my dress.
"Thank you sweet boy." I give him a kiss on the head after I taken the rings off his collar.
Lewis quickly comes to get him back so we can continue the ceremony.

"Daniel Joseph Ricciardo, will you take this woman Skylar Maeve Hayes, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
Daniel takes the ring to put on my finger. "I do, I definitely do." The rings slides on and now it's my turn.
"Skylar Maeve Hayes, will you take this man Daniel Joseph Ricciardo to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
I take the ring to put on Daniels finger.
"I do, a million times I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may finally kiss your bride."

He doesn't have to say that twice, Daniel puts his hand in the back of my neck and pulls me close.
"I love you Mrs Ricciardo." He whispers.
"And I love you Mr Ricciardo, my husband."
First he puts his lips on mine soft and sweet. Only to deepen the kiss seconds later. Our tongues meet, slowly twirling around each other.
His other hand is on my lower back, pulling my body against his.

"Oi, wait until the wedding night guys." We hear somebody shout at us and by the sound of it, it was Lando.
Smiling we break apart and we turn to our guests, who all stand up and applaud.
This is the first time I really look at our guests and suddenly I see Daisy and Alex sitting behind my dad.
I look at Daniel, my jaw dropping. "Did you arrange it for Daisy and Alex to be here?"

"Absolutely, they had to be here. Surprise baby."
"That's amazing, thank you babe."

The guests are now able to roam through the museum as we go to have pictures taken. The museum is an amazing place for this.
Afterwards we all make our way to the Fairmont for our dinner and party afterwards.
First we have a little cocktail hour. I'm on the virgin cocktails for obvious reasons.

"That was an amazing ceremony Sky, you look amazing, we're so happy Daniel got us here. The boys are taking care of the ranch. This gives them the opportunity to manage the place. See if they still want it after this." Daisy and Alex came to congratulate us.
"It's wonderful you came all this way, I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw you guys."

"We wouldn't want to miss it for the world. Oh Sky your bump has grown so much. May I.." Daisy asks and I nod, "of course. Nobody has asked me that yet, but go ahead."
She places her hands on my bump, her eyes light up.
"I'm so sorry your mum isn't here for you, but we're so proud of you. I know we haven't known each other that long. But you sure do have a special place in our hearts. Just as this little one in here. Stay in touch ok, we really want to see your peanut grow up."

My eyes fill up with tears, again, I don't know how many times I got emotional today and it probably won't be the last time.
"We will, we will come over to visit somewhere next year. I promise."
Until dinner I try to talk to as many people as I can, but as there are a couple of hundred guests, that's impossible. I don't even know many of them as they are McLaren and Red Bull team members.

I did manage to have a chat with Will, Christian and Geri.
Sebs girls are playing with Pixie and Mason and they seem to have fun. I know my dad will take Pixie and Mason to their hotel room later so Damian and Abby can stay for the party. I don't know how Seb and Hanna arranged things, but that's up to them.

Dinner is delicious, I'm so glad we chose this hotel over the Hermitage, but if I'm completely honest I can't wait to have our barn bbq wedding in Perth.
After dinner we are taken to another massive space which is decorated with a lot of green, cute lights and wooden tables so people can still sit down and there will be some small bits of food served through the night.
The band is already setting up, they were at the ceremony and dinner as well.

"Hey guys, thanks again for playing tonight. I really appreciate it." I go up to them for a quick talk. We've already gone through their set list for the night. After that Martin Garrix will take over.
"As if we would say no to this or to you. Too bad you won't be singing with us tonight." Paul says.
"Not tonight, I just want to dance with my husband. Oh god that sounds so weird, but so good at the same time." It still hasn't landed that I'm actually married now. I don't feel different. I still love him just as much as this morning. The only thing is that I'm now Mrs Ricciardo.

Suddenly I feel arms being wrapped around me from behind.
"Hey there my beautiful wifey. Are you ready for our first dance as husband and wife?" Daniel snuggles his nose in my neck placing soft kisses underneath my ear. My heart rate goes up a bit and I lean back against him.
"Hey hubby. Yeah I would love that. I am very curious about your song choice though."
I was the one who got to pick the song I would walk down the aisle on and Daniel picked the song for our first dance.

"Ok lovely ladies and gentlemen, Daniel and Skylar will now have their first dance as a married couple. So clear the dance floor and enjoy."
Our guests all gather around the dance floor, where one spotlight is shining on the centre of it.
Daniel takes me hand and leads me to the floor. One hand is around my waist while he has my hand in his other one.
I place mine on his shoulder and he pulls me as close to him as he can.

"I love you Mrs Ricciardo." He says with a sweet smile.
"Love you to Mr Ricciardo." Our lips find each other which causes the people around us to whistle and cheer.
Paul and the band start the song and as soon as I hear the first notes tears fill my eyes.
"Oh my god you remembered."
Daniel smiles, "of course I did. This was the first song we ever danced on."

We melt in to each other as we slowly start to move to the music. We forget about everybody around us. It's just the two of us, holding each other. Halfway through the song I put my both hands around his neck while he places his other hand on my lower back as well, only just above the curve of my bum.

"I'm so amazed by how stunning you are baby. You look amazing in everything, but this dress is just off the charts." He says our foreheads leaning against each other.
"Thanks babe, I'm really happy I decided to get it in the end. I felt so guilty paying that much money for one dress, but I've never felt more beautiful."

"That's exactly how you are supposed to feel." His fingers slide a bit further down, until his hands rest on my bum.
"I can't wait till the wedding night. I love this dress on you, but it would look even better on the floor." If he keeps looking at me, with so much love, but also so much desire in his eyes. The little white, lace thong I'm wearing will be soaked in no time.

"We will get to that, trust me. But first we party." The song ends and they continue with 'Amazed' by Lonestar. One of our other favorites.
"Everybody who wants to dance is now free to join Daniel and Skylar on the floor."
I look around and soon the dance floor is filled with other couples dancing. Lewis and Brianna are also dancing together, much to my delight. Especially when I see Bri looking like she's in heaven.

"Bri has a crush on Lewis. Do you think he might feel the same?" I ask Daniel and he looks at them.
"I don't know. It's not like Lewis and I talk about those things a lot. You should ask him."
"I will, I think they look good together."
Daniel puts his finger under my chin and turns my head back at him.
"I don't want to talk about their love lives. I want to kiss my wife." He doesn't have to say that again. I immediately move towards him and press my lips on his.

His tongue slides over my lips asking for acces, which he gets straight away.
His stubble lightly scratch my skin, his hands are now properly grabbing my bum, pushing me against him. I know he's getting turned on, I can feel it pressing against me.
I also know we're still in the middle of the dance floor, but at least the lights have changed and we're not in the main spotlight anymore.
"Patience babe, we have the entire night to enjoy each other once the party is over." I whisper against his lips with a smirk.

"I know, I just want you so bad. I want you moaning and squirming under me until you scream my name." Oh I felt that in between my legs. It's a good thing I didn't get the dress with the split all the way up to my thighs. He would have found a spot to have some privacy without any problems.
"You know I will. But not yet."

Al of a sudden my dad taps on Daniels shoulder.
"Do you mind if I take over for a bit?"
"Of course not." He puts my hand in my dads and steps aside. "I'll get us something to drink."
He walks off and my dad and I start dancing.
"I'm so proud of you sweetheart. You deserve to be loved the way Daniel loves you, so much. I'm so sorry I was such a lousy father. I should have stood up for you, but I was spineless." He looks so guilty that I feel bad for him.

"Dad, what's done is done. I've turned out pretty ok I think. Of course it hurt when I think about what mom has said to me over the years. But I'm surrounded by so many people who love me, I know my worth now, I know mom was wrong. I'm strong, I'll be fine. I forgive you." A single tear runs down his face so I give him a hug.
"We're ok dad. I'm proud of you, you finally chose yourself and that took courage, especially after so many years of marriage. Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault."

"Thanks my sweet girl. You truly have the biggest heart and you are right. You're the strongest woman I know. I love you Sky."
"Love you too dad." He gives me a kiss on the top of my head as if I'm still a little girl.
Then my brother comes up to me to take over. My dad decides to go to the room to put Mason and Pixie to bed.
I cuddle both of them and promise to join them for breakfast tomorrow.

My brother puts his arms around me.
"I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. My little sister married and expecting a baby. You deserve this so much."
"Thanks Damian. I'm glad you are here."
We dance for a while, until I decide to find Daniel for that drink. I also need Bri or somebody as I need to wee and I might need some help with the dress.

Eventually Kelly helps me and I join Daniel for a drink.
"Having fun baby?" He asks me when I sit down with a sigh.
"Yeah it's an amazing day so far. How about you? Enjoying yourself?" I ask him having a little snack they are walking around with.
He takes my hand, rubbing his thumb over my skin.
"It's been perfect so far. I'm already looking forward doing it again in Perth. It will be completely different, but just as amazing I think."

"Maybe even better. It will be outdoors, with a bbq, a lot more casual. I can't wait." Daniel hasn't told me where we are going first for our honeymoon. He planned the entire trip, so I'll just have to let myself be surprised I guess.
All I know that we are leaving Wednesday, we will be flying for pretty much 24 hours and we also have a stop in Dubai for about 3 hours.
That together with the time difference we will arrive at our destination somewhere Thursday evening.

I'm going to be so messed up I think. The good thing is that I can just get to bed when we arrive and then I hope I'll be able to sleep through the night so maybe with some luck I will be somewhat ok Friday.
Daniel did decide to stay a bit longer than a week. Just to make sure we both have time to adjust in the time difference and recover from the flight.
The band starts to play 'Time of my life' from Dirty Dancing.
Daniel and I have learned the dance by heart. I just can't do the lift now with my bump.

"Come one baby, let's show them what we can do." He pulls me out of the chair and we make our way back to the dance floor to show off what we have learned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 2.6K 46
Sebastian Vettel has just come out of a long term relationship. All Daniel Ricciardo wants is his friend to be happy, and figures that what Seb nee...
103K 2.8K 119
Is she too damaged to ever trust and love again or does this dark haired stranger rewrite the stars.
201K 5.7K 74
WARNING ⚠️ CONTAINS SMUT. ⚠️ If you think you may get offended then don't read haha. May contain themes that some readers may find disturbing. 2...
363K 5.6K 23
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡 𝙍𝙞𝙘𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙤 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙘'𝙨 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 �...