STUBBORN HEARTS

By sufnic

A first attempt at expressing my imagination. It is a story about a young aspiring politician and a headstro... More

Introduction
🤵👰
😄 And we are Progressing
1. Characters (Edited)
2. Handsome Street goon (edited)
3. Beauty without brain (Edited)
4. The unwanted visit (Edited)
5.B'day surprise and lunch(Edited)
6. Dare you!! Mr. Rajveer (Edited)
7. Exams can't judge my excellence (Edited)
8. I am impressed! (Edited)
9. A Promising leader (Edited)
10. At your service (Edited)
11. She's y😍ur biggest fan (edited)
12. Mr. hotshot CM gets pranked??
13. Wedding vibes
14. Shopping spree and a shocking spree
15. Settling the thoughts
16. Marriage, who?
17. How to keep your husband interested?
18. Best friends forever
19. The Most Awaited Night
20. Getting closer
21. Intoxicated at Holi
22. Pre Wedding Rituals
23. The Wedding
24. The announcement
25. Life back home
26. Action packed Date
27. Heartfelt talks
28. Unannounced Visitors
29. Father isn't in the picture
30. Narrow Escape
31. Main Viah nahi krona tere nal
32. Seal the Deal
33. Come, Find me.
34. The Action begins
35. The Action continues
36. The devil's lair
38. Just like that
39. Just do it
40. Hospital visit
41. Night at Hospital
43. Stupid or Childish ?
Bonus: Sidelines
45. Angry and New
46. Brand New Beginnings
49. Trial marriage husband

42.Sweetheart?

182 12 84
By sufnic

The road of recovery is long and it's uncertain how bumpy is it going to be. However, Rajveer was adamant on his decision.

In his words,

'I know my body better than anyone else and i say that it'll be easier for me to recover living under my own roof. The hospital atmosphere is depressing and not good for my mental health.'

On his insistence, there was no choice for the elders but to comply with his demand. It had been 3 days when he had the joy of waking up seeing his wife's face and adoring her in the reflection of morning sunlight. After having breakfast together she had spent half a day with him talking and laughing about silly things and her college encounters before she was called back.

As per his information, their marriage secret was already exposed and discussions were going about the future course of action between their families. Unfortunately, she was alone facing all the interrogations without him being at her side which was making him restless as well.

Therefore, after the third day of not being able to be on the recieving end of his Tivali's care and affection, his dam of patience finally broke as his calls had started going to voicemail, since morning.

"Hey Aman, please make a call to your wife, maybe they are together and busy."
Rajveer requested Aman.

"And what made you think Simi will take the call if she was busy. Live these few days of peace you have."
Aman muttered shortly after.

But Rajveer's anxious mind was compelling him to check on her so the first step he could follow was to get early discharge. His condition was not serious anymore, so he was excused on the grounds of getting check ups every 3 days and appointment of a professional nurse. The latter was ofcourse denied by him.

"I'm already done with my breakfast and the IV even. What the heck are you waiting for, Aman?"

"Listen Mr. Chief Minister, Neither am i your junior staff nor you are my father, so stop with all the yellings. I'm fed up already, now that you are leaving the hospital i have no excuse of avoiding being with Simi. She won't even let me have a peaceful night of sleep or a day without her mood swings. She won't even tell me what is wrong with her. Moreover, we had a fight so there is no chance for my call being answered."

Aman burst at his cousin's impatience.

"But everything was alright till last night. I even talked to her parents they were even more indulgant than usual."

Rajveer spoke confused.

"I'm telling you don't poke a sleeping tiger. It's not my fault that Nivi's family does not want to send their daughter to spend another minute in your vicinity. They must have seen through your desparation, you male spinster."

"Shut up, I'm only an year older than you."

"Yes, and i doubt if i'm going to be a father before you."

"No way. Are you sure little brother? I don't think with your genes anything good can be expected but ofcourse thanks to your one and only good decision of marrying his/her
mother they'll receive good face and IQ."

Rajveer scoffed at his brother jokingly.

"Well, i doubt with your progress if you are ever going to have a child or not."

"Oh please, in no time she will be head over heels for me and i'm definitely going to have more children than you."

Rajveer boasted at his good looks.

"My sister will never allow your annoying self anywhere near her that too if you can change her family's decision of no marriage until she gets settled in her profession.

And according to my information, she is planning to pursue Doctorate after she postgraduates. So brother you are going to take another decade to get her as your wife in real sense."

Aman smirked looking at the crushed face of his cousin satisfied at his quirk.

"That cannot be true. Why was I not informed about this?"
Rajveer replied after gaining his wits back.

"She can continue her education till she desires it's not like i am going to tear her books or something.

Infact, i'm smarter and intellectual than her in every sense. I will only help her with my knowledge. There is no way i'm going to wait for that long especially when we are already married."

"You are right sir. Discussions are still going on, but there is nothing confirmed yet. But the possibility Aman veerji gave was proposed by madam's elder brother."

Jay, Rajveer's assistant interuppted the cousins' bickerings as he stepped in the room.

"Is she even aware about these absurd demands of her family?"

"Ofcourse sir, your In-laws with the exception of grandparents are all currently at the mansion."

"And by the time, you will be free from your shackles your destiny would have been already written in the hands of her family."

Aman spoke adding to his misery.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Let us leave already!
Jay bring my ride for the day, rest of the things will be taken care of."

Receiving a nod from his boss, assistant left in hurry to follow the orders and Rajveer himself stepped out of his bed cautiously. He didn't want to add another reason to not leave the place.

"Sir, please sit on this.
You are not allowed to walk by yourself yet."

Jay spoke softly as he observed his boss's face frowned.

"I'm perfectly fine. I don't need these devices yet."
Rajveer turned down the option of an automatic wheel chair for not wanting to leave a negative impression on his evaluators for the day.

"I know what you are thinking but you should atleast use it until you reach the vehicle. If anything, they feel greatful of you for what you have done for their daughter.

Maybe you will get a chance to be pushed around by her."
Aman suggested making Rajveer follow him reluctantly. Guarded by the security to avoid any mishap due to insistent paprazi and the joyful crowd to celebrate his discharge, they started their way home.

***

As soon as the cars entered the private property of villa, the people inside, be it workers or family were waiting patiently at the patio all ready to welcome their young master on his return home.

The SUVs came to a stop and the passangers one by one stepped outside. Rajveer was still sitting, his eyes searching for his Tivali who was standing far behind the wall of tall heights of her families but she was patient, unlike someone, avoiding his eyes playing peekaboo.

Finally having enough, Aman opened his door and assisted him to get off the vehicle.
As soon as he put forward his first step he experienced a momentary bewilderment as he was suddenly lifted in air by both his brothers, each holding an arm and a leg.

"What the hell, put me down. I swear if i got an additional scratch or something, i am not going to leave you."
He screamed but they were died down as he was placed on the wheelchair assembled nicely on the threshold.

"Are you guys serious? You promised me, i will be allowed to do this much at least, Aman."

"Shut up and sit silently." Angry Momma, Simran scolded her son strictly as she pushed him inside.

"Those promises were made on the condition if you followed the doctor's advice, which you didn't brother. You see i've whole family backing me now."
Aman whispered discreetly to him while Rajveer sat there patiently with his head bent down to hide his annoyance, scared to disappoint his future set of parents.

After a happy and teary reunion, the families constantly gushing over Rajveer who was settled in the largest sofa available, surrounding him from all the sides taking in the details of his heroic stunt while simultaneously feeding him fruits or snacks. Feeling full, he refused to accept more and took his medicines nicely.

"Aww, i can't believe, he is the same Rajveer who used to make Mumma run around before swallowing a single pill that too after receiving a good thrashing from her." His best friend cum bhabhi teased him while sorting the things that arrived from the hospital, royally ignoring the glare pointed at her, making everybody laugh at their silent bickering.

"Now shall i be escorted to my room or can i go by myself? I feel sleepy in her boring company."
Rajveer grumbled leaning his head sideways.

"Ofcourse not. Ravneet hold that IV, please." With that Ranbeer followed him to the lift to take him to his room on the second floor, which remained unchanged due to his unbending will. Silence and Peace that was the prominent essentials for him to recover well that he was able to get only in his space.

"Hey Nivi, come on take these things, he is going to need them and i'll show around the place a bit more. Aunty can i take her, Please?"
Ravneet requested Gurdeep, Nivi's biological mother.

"Ofcourse, since she is not my daughter only, anymore."
Gurdeep spoke with a heavy voice at the thought of her daughter's marriage as her husband rubbed her back while controlling his own emotions taking Nivi in an embrace.

"Chal Draniye, tenu kum lgava."
Ravneet spoke jokingly as she pulled Navneet with her normalizing the sentimental atmosphere.
(* Come on sister-in-law, let me assign you some work).

***

"So what have you dreamt for your wedding, Nivi. I will help you realise them."
Ravneet asked earnestly.

"Nothing big, but i always wanted to have an intimate wedding, just with the closest family and friends. I mean there's going to be a Reception party anyway, so i think it is the best if important moments like wedding are not publicized."
Navneet expressed.

"We should have a destination wedding, then. Infact, it'll be a good getaway after all the stress families have gone through. I'll discuss the details with you later."
Navneet nodded in reply as they stepped inside the room.

It was her first time while watching his room. It was just as elegant and classy as he was. Minimal and well-lit. Everything was arranged meticulously in the large room themed in two colours, black and white, but nothing about it was boring though. From a personalized office to the bar, and a wardrobe holding finest collections was accomodated so well. The bedroom was connected to the balcony where they had spent time together on one of their late night date.

There were no big kind of hospital equipments, just few medicines on the table near the bed so the charm of the place was unaffected. But the room seemed bare without the presence of its owner.

"What is he doing outside? And for god sake who gave him his work phone back."

Ravneet spoke exasperatedly as she stomped towards the open balcony where Rajveer was attending an important call breaking Nivi's chain of thoughts.

"Nivi, please help yourself and see if there are any changes you would like to be made, without any reservations and place that stuff wherever and you mister better get on the bed and rest for the time being.

I brought your wife over with so much effort and you are sticking to that device. Nivi help him and if you guys need anything just give me a call, alright."

Saying so, Ravneet with her husband and that device went out closing the door on her way, dragging her protesting husband away from site and sight.

"So, how are feeling now? No hospital smell, No doctors and No hospital food."
Nivi spoke first breaking the silence in the room.

"To be honest, looking at you standing in my room, assessing it so critically and making small talks seems like home to me."

At his response, Nivi turned hiding her smile and arranging the stuff in her hands at places she considered appropriate for them. It took her a few minutes as Rajveer sat unmoving in his place observing her.

"Is it okay?"
She asked as he shrugged his shoulders in an indifferent manner.

"Uh, my parents are downstairs, they must be waiting. See you later."
She added, briskly making her way towards the door.

"What about now?"
He asked holding her wrist in a gentle grip, stopping her momentarily.

"Who is going to help me if you leave, then, huh?"
He questioned her with helpless expressions.

"Huh?
What, but?"
She stammered, looking at his perfectly fine legs and muscular body.
'I will be crushed under his weight. He is already in this state because of me, i should not invite trouble.'

"Maybe i should call veerji. I wouldn't be able to able to keep balance with you."
She suggested.

"Bhabhi took him to pick up Fateh from school."
He answered.

"What? When?
How do even know?
In that case.."
She asked relentlessly.

"Tivali, this is my house. I know the way things happen around here and you just need to stay by my side if i sway or something and i'll walk by myself. I feel tired and sleepy due to medicines. So don't add to my miseries."
She nodded reluctantly and proceeded to hold him by his arm and supported him to stand from his place. His legs felt weak and numb after sitting for a long time and lost balance for a moment and got stabilized with Navneet's help who rounded his arm around her shoulder and took a step forward.

As expected, he weighed her down making sweat beads appear on her forehead as his vision got blurred because of drugs. Biting her lip to administer her strength she reached the bed and tried to lower him down gently but failing to separate their tangled limbs but coming tumbling down on him. Supporting herself up with her palms she put some distance between them just when the door was opened. Embarrassed at being caught, Navneet hid her face in the crook of Rajveer's neck pretending to be asleep.

"Oh, i'm so sorry. I was just here to tell you that your parents have left to check out a villa nearby and they won't be back anytime soon so please take your time. I'll leave now."

Giving her one-sided speech Ravneet closed the door again loudly waking up the couple from the drug-induced and embarrassment induced sleep. Slowly opening her eyes Navneet peeked from her hiding place as she assessed the closed door, failing to predict the actions of now sleeping Rajveer who wound his good arm around her waist and brought her down on the mattress half-laying on her.

"Let me sleep a little longer, sweetheart."
He murmured in his sleepy voice, as she laid stiffly beside him with no intention of disrupting his sleep, feeling his warm breaths hitting her skin.

'Wait what? He always calls me Tivali. What's with this change?'

"Hey Rajveer. Do you hear me? Wake up, please."
She called him out softly patting his cheeks, receiving a hmm.

"Oye Rajveer. Who is sweetheart?"

"You are so soft and warm."
He spoke snuggling closer to her.

'Seriously, with whom is he flirting in his sleep?'

"Rajveer, what is the name of this sweetheart?"
She asked impatiently, again.

"Don't you know, she is my girlfriend."
He said earnestly with a small smile on his face. She gasped at the new revelation thinking it to be is ex-girlfriend, which he had denied in their early conversations.

"So, who is she? Can you tell me where she is now?"
She pried again.

"She is my sweetheart and she lives with me."
He grumbled annoyed at the continuous disturbance, tightening his hold as if shutting her up remaining silent at her further queries.

Trying a few more times, her as well got out of words and energy and fell asleep beside him, at her rightful place.

'Whoever this sweetheart is, i'll deal with you later.'

**************************************************************

Heya guys,

Hopefully you liked the little chapter. The story will be completed after a few more chapters, do tell your opinions about it. Don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 9.4K 78
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
36.9K 1.2K 30
Anjali Mehta is a sweet and innocent girl.. Who is a doctor... She can be very feisty some time.... Rohan Singh is a arrogant billionaire... He is ru...
62K 2.4K 22
Sequel to 'Innocent Eyes' All grown up, Cameron has returned home from Flordia after a year. She has missed being near her brother and friends. Now...
1.1M 36.4K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...