Fighting To Live, Living To D...

By CissyItsMe

!!! THIS IS A SEQUEL !!! I suggest you to read Fight For Love first, so you won't be confused in this story... More

!!! NOTE !!!
Preview !!!
« Summertime. »
« Going Home. »
« Back In Miami. »
« Is it really Love ? »
« A Little Bit Of Romance...Or What About Nah ? »
« Back To School. »
« We're Over. »
« Who Are You ? »
« Sister And Brother. »
« Fiesta, Fiesta. » {Part.1}
« Fiesta, Fiesta. » {Part.2}
« After Party. »
« The REAL After Party. » {Part.1}
« The REAL After Party. » {Part.2}
« Trying To Compromise And Little Hassles.»
« I Apologize. »
« Let Me Drive, Please ? »
« First Date.»
« You ? Again ? »
« You Shouldn't Be Here.» {Part.1}
«You Shouldn't Be Here.» {Part.2}
«You Betrayed Us.»
« Don't Talk To Me.»
«Still Disappointed.»
«Can We Put The Past Behind Us ? »
« First Step. »
«Still Working On It.»
« What's Wrong ? »
« Happy Birthday ! »
«Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! »
« Sisters Love. »
«Valentine's Day.»
«Keep It Or...» {Part.1}
«Keep It Or...» {Part.2}
« Meet My Girlfriend. »
« Family Time. »
« Nobody Likes The Distance.»
« Bye. »
«Three Years Later.»
«Note.»

« Keep Your Head Up. »

547 42 6
By CissyItsMe

''The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.''

-Richard Bach

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

August, 28...(Sunday)

*''I was just your nigga next door

But girl I see more for you, I see more for you

And you ain't gotta have no fear, no I'll always be here for you, girl I'm here for you

And I know you may not end up with me, it ain't gotta be me

Cause I'm still playing outchea in these streets

But I'm just saying

You deserve better, I'm saying, you deserve better''*

Shaylia wiped her crying eyes and sniffed. Since they came back from Church, she was laying on her bed and listening to music that was saddening her. She felt like all of these lyrics were written just for her and to make her understand better her current situation. She made a good choice by letting him go. She had to end their relationship after what he'd done to her.

But it was hurting her so much.

"It always feels weird to witness y'all listenin' to my music." Her heart jumped in her chest as she looked up and then behind her. Her father was standing on her doorway looking at her. She hadn't even notice his presence until he started talking.

She turned her speakers off and sat up adjusting her dress. She didn't even take the time to change her outfit to something more comfortable to stay at home, "What are you doing here ? "

He closed the door behind him and sat down at the edge of her bed, "I wanted to know if ya're alright. Ya wasn't actin' like yourself at Church earlier. Ya seemed...sad. What's bothering' daddy's princess ? "

She looked down at her fingers, "I...I'm..." She didn't know if she wanted to be 100 percent honest with him or fifty percent to eighty percent. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him the all truth. How was he going to react to this ? She already knew that it wasn't going to be pretty if she let him know, "...I'm not happy." She was somewhat being honest with him.

"Why ? " He asked concerned. It was breaking his heart to hear this. He wanted all of his children to be happy in life, "Someone hurt ya ? " You could hear the little anger in his voice.

"I..." She sighed, "...I had a..." She bit on her bottom lip, "...Uh...a boyfriend. And we recently broke up." It exactly had been one week and she was feeling miserable without Ray. She still loved him with all her heart.

Aug looked at her like she had spoken another language, "Ya what ? " He raised his brow.

"I had a boyfriend."

He chuckled dryly, "What did I say 'bout that ? "

"I know, b-"

He lifted his hand to motion for her to close her mouth, "Ya're too young fa that ! I told ya to focus on school and to not mind these little boys, cause they only know how to hurt girls' heart. And men in general are like this. Only the one's of your family truly care bout ya. The others are only after one thing ! Were ya listenin' when I was talkin' ? " He said starting to raise his voice.

"It's not my fault. It just happened. I'm sorry."

He smacked his teeth, "And why did y'all break up fa ? He was cheatin' on ya ? Or he got a bitch pregnant ? "

"Dad ! "

"What ? "

"Your language. If mom had heard you, you would be in trouble by now."

He shrugged, "But she ain't here, so." He fanned her off making her chuckle, "Anyways, what happened between ya and your little boyfriend ? "

"I deserved better." She simply answered. He didn't need to know everything in details.

He looked at her suspiciously, "What did he do ? "

"Oh...uh...He wasn't paying me attention like I wanted to and girls were always around him and he kept entertaining them."

He smacked his lips, "See ! I warned ya. Now, ya'll listen to daddy, cause daddy knows what's best for his princess." He said smiling and pointing to himself with his two thumbs.

She nodded her head laughing slightly, "Yes, daddy is always right. I'm not dating until thirty years old."

"Nah, one hundred and ten. Or maybe two hundred and ninety years old. Yes, it's perfect."

She shook her head disagreeing with him, "It's way too much. I won't live two hundred years."

"Oh cause now ya can see in da future ? What's gon' happen tomorrow then ? I'm gon' win that lottery one day or what ? Tell me, princess."

She laughed, "You're a mess. How is mom dealing with you ? "

"She luhh me." He put a cocky grin on his face.

"You're something else. Thanks for lighting my day up though. I luhh ya."

"Ya mama and y'all better stop tryin' to be me. I luhh ya too. Gimmie a hug." She beamed and hugged him tightly, then kissed his cheek. She loved her father unconditionally. He was the best dad of the world to her eyes and she was really grateful to have him in her life, "Ya're growin' up way too fast. Ya're becomin' a young lady now." He sighed and stared at her for a couple of minutes seeing all the years passing before his eyes. One day she was just a newborn and now she was about to turn sixteen.

"And you don't look old. Did you find the 'agua de vida' ? If yes, you have to give me some for later." She raised her eyebrow.

He laughed, "Stop watchin' these Pirates Of The Caribbean, they're messin' witchu head." He kissed her forehead and stood up.

"Hey, where are you going ? "

"To da studio. Our new artist gon' record a song or two and I told him that I was gonna be there. Wanna come with your old man ? "

"You said him, right ? "

"Well, ya're stayin' here actually."

She laughed, "No. I was just kidding. Can I come, please ? It will get my mind off that breakup. And my opinion can help the young artist also. Like if it's shit, I'll tell him immediately."

"First, ya don't say the word shit. Second, ya go and change. Ya better put some long pants on and I don't want to see your belly either. Three, ya have ten minutes. If ya're not ready in time, I'm leaving' without ya." He instructed her.

"Okay." She clapped her hands happily and ran in her bathroom as her father left her room to wait for her downstairs in the living room.

Shay was delighted to spend some time with her daddy.

August, 29...(Monday)

August III couldn't help but admire her beauty as they were walking through the mall. She was in town since five days and still hadn't the time to visit, so he suggest for them to hang out after school for her to be able to see Miami. And also for them to get to know each other better.

He loved her vibe. She was a cool girl and he felt really comfortable around her. And he could tell that it was the same for her. They were clearly flirting. She was putting a strand of hair behind her hear when they were talking, or blushing when he was complimenting her and other things like that. And him couldn't get his eyes off her and couldn't stop being corny with her.

Something was going on between these two.

"Oh, I absolutely have to buy myself a new Michael Kors bag."

"Okay."

"You're sure it's not bothering you to shop with me. You haven't even bought something for you yet."

"Yeah, as you said, yet. I saw nothing for now. But believe me, once we'll be at Foot Locker, you'll wish we didn't enter in." He said with a chuckle.

She smiled, "Oh, I don't think so. Sneakers are life ! "

He stopped walking and looked at her with stars in his eyes, "You're officially my best friend."

She chuckled, "Fine with me. So, we talked about some things, but the subject family didn't come up. How many siblings do you have ? " She asked curiously as they were now making their way to Zara.

"Uh...let me count to be sure first." He put her bags on the bench near them and raised his hands, "Shaylia, the twins, the triplets and finally June. Seven. I'm the oldest, what about you ? " He took the bags back.

"You know, I can carry my bags."

"No, what type of gentleman would I be if I let you carry them ? My father had always told me to treat a woman like she deserves to. If she's not respecting herself, why would I ? But if she's a queen, better treat her like one and you're a queen." She giggled and put some hair behind her hair. She was blushing too, "Now, tell me about your fam."

"I'm an only child, unfortunately."

"Why do all the only child say that ? Is it not cool to have everything for yourself ? You don't have to share and you have all of your parents' attention."

She laughed shaking her head, "Who told you that crap ? It's not true. My father is in the Navy and my mother is a passionate surgeon. It's my grandma and I most of the time. I'm really grateful for her by the way. I would love to have a sibling or two to play with and to not feel alone in this big house though. My grandmother is awesome, but she's old. It must be funny and really interesting to be eight kids at home, right ? "

He shrugged, "Well...they're really annoying sometimes, but I won't lie, I love them all like they were my own. I saw them all grow up. It's kind of weird, because one day they're little babies, then they are walking and suddenly they're teenagers and I'm a becoming a young adult. I feel like time passed so fast."

"See ! That's what I'm talking about. All my life, I prayed for God to give me a little brother or sister."

"Hey ! " They all of sudden heard behind them and they instantly turned around to be face in face with Rayshawn. August III wasn't happy to see him, he wanted to beat his ass and to throw him in a hole. He really disliked that guy.

"What do you want nigga ?! "

____________________

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

A/N: Updates will continue to come slowly for this story. Please, bear with me.

THANKS FOR READING ! 💜💙💜💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
90.2M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
631K 14.1K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...