The Youngest Daughter of the...

By selimchosen

The man watching the moment it was born was silent. He was a snake (that is also a black mamba), but his chil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chpater 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84

Chapter 46

1.7K 49 0
By selimchosen

He immediately nodded his head to the inside the conference hall and said,

"Aren't you curious about how a meeting goes?"

"Huh?"

"Shall we go in together?"

"Can I go in there?"

There was a very serious atmosphere inside. What if I go into the meeting and everyone feels uncomfortable?

Baon also raised his glasses again, probably not knowing what Cade would say. After I hesitated for a long time to answer, Cade flashed a hug.

"That doesn't matter. Who would object if I allowed it?"

That's right. Obviously, the owner of this family is Cade. But still.......

When I anxiously looked back at Baon, he shrugged and stepped out of the doorway as if to come in.

"Then I'll wait outside."

Messi, who watched as the situation progressed, took a step back.

I nodded my head in agreement.

As Cade entered, the elders who had been waiting for him to come in stood up one by one. All eyes focused on me who was in his arms. When I felt the burning gazes, I felt embarrassed for nothing.

When we arrived at the center of the table, Cade took a seat. His low voice echoed in the quiet conference room.

"Sit down."

As soon as his words were finished, the elders sat down one by one, as if they had been waiting.

I sat on Cade's lap and looked ahead to see the entire interior that was brightly visible.

He has been sitting here and deciding important things for the family. Cade's position was renewed in my mind.

I fiddled with the bowl of snacks.

When it was ready, light tea and snacks were placed at the respective seats of the participants. There was also a piece of paper filled with dense writing. It seemed to be a paper summarizing the contents of this meeting.

I glanced at it and turned my attention back to the snack. As a matter of fact, I was about to get hungry, so I should eat all of this.

"Then let's start the afternoon meeting."

A separate person sat alone to one side and raised a quilled pen when the start was announced.

"What is that person doing?"

"He's the secretary. A person who records and keeps the contents of the meeting in documents."

"I see."

The contents of the meeting were recorded separately.

Although I was nervous about the atmosphere of a full-fledged meeting about to start, I was looking forward to it. It was because I was curious about how the family meeting was conducted and what was going on inside this room.

I looked around to see what kind of people there were, but I saw a seat that wasn't filled yet.

It was the seat opposite Baon. Whose empty seat is it?

"It's been a while, but there is a missing person."

"Are you late?"

Somehow, it didn't get off to a good start.

"...Where's Sir Duria?"

The protagonist of the seat must have been Durias.

"It seems that payment forms have been pushed back for some time now. It seems he has been away, but where have you been?"

"Did he quit?"

"...Is that possible? He's not one to quit so suddenly."

Many people were curious about Durias' whereabouts. They didn't seem to know why he was absent. They say he's been away for a few days, so I don't think he's was just late.

Cade looked at Baon and asked.

"Durias hasn't returned yet?"

"I think it's been a long time since he has rolled around so much, so it might be taking a while. I'll try to roll him around more often so that this doesn't happen in the future."

"Do so."

...What the hell is this conversation about?

An old man with a long beard, who had been listening to the conversation with an uncomfortable look, coughed.

"If he's unable to attend the meeting under any circumstances, where did Sir Durias go?"

"I sent him on an errand for a while."

"...An errand? Sir Durias?"

Gasp.

Breathing sounds were heard from everywhere. It meant that Durias was in such a high position, to the extent that it was shocking to hear that he had gone out on an errand.

Baon shrugged his shoulders regardless of the reactions around him.

"Don't worry about people who are not here, let's go ahead and proceed with the meeting. We're all busy people."

"...I-if you say so."

I cut the toasted bread into bite-size pieces and put them in my mouth.

The chaotic atmosphere was slowly calmed down by Baon's words. Everyone looked at the documents and seemed to be concentrating.

"This is Surpia. I will post the first suggestion."

The first person to suggest was a woman with long, straight hair that reached her waist. It seemed to be a rule to stand up from the seat while mentioning their name.

With her golden-rimmed glasses hanging from her neck, she began to speak with serious words.

"This is about the family's budget for the second half of the year."

"Tell me."

"Before planning this summer's Southern Festival... I hope you'll come up with an accurate budget for Miss Irene."

My budget? I was mentioned out of the blue at the meeting and I listened closely.

"The Young Masters' budgets have already been decided, but the Young Lady's budget is still not yet accurate."

Surpia seems to be in charge of money-related affairs.

In the summer, there is a festival directly organized by the family. It probably seemed to be quite big in scale.

But what does that have to do with the budget allotted to me?

Is there a separate budget for me? I thought there was nothing more than what Rosaria had requested.

I stopped eating my snacks as I looked at Surpia, because it was the first time I heard such news. But it was easy to accept. Considering the clothes and toys that Rosaria brought with her, it seemed that a penny or two would not have solved it.

"Please make sure to make this clear, my Lord. That will make organizing the festival easier."

"I guess so. I've never really thought about this one's budget."

......Why? I paused at the thought that I hesitated to think deeply. I was suddenly on alert.

The reason he hasn't decided on the amount of money I need yet is probably that he hasn't decided what to do with me.

Because I was just a temporary daughter, and thinking about it made me feel depressed.

That's right. I might have to get out of this house someday. I didn't know how my situation would change once I became an adult. I couldn't even think about it because, for a while, I was immersed in my peaceful daily life.

Having lost my appetite I put down the bread I was holding in my hand. Cade, who was drinking tea, curiously asked.

"Why don't you eat more?"

"...Hm. No, I'm full now."

"If you had taken the pheromone class, you would have been hungry."

"I'm not hungry."

"Even so, eat more. You must have exhausted your energy."

"...I don't want to eat."

What if I have to leave this house? It was all that my head could think at the moment.

I don't have any money right now. Even if there was any money being paid for me, it was not mine, but Cade's.

Besides, I had never actually seen the money. There was a time when I asked for pocket money, but in the end, didn't Cade prepare everything himself?

I had never actually used or made any money, so I had no economic knowledge. This was a very serious problem for me.

I need to know a little about the outside world before I become an adult. I can't believe I had been this easy-going until now. Unbelievable.

Being happy because I was able to feel the pheromones was not something I should be doing now.

Something bigger was waiting for me.

Money was a big problem when living outside. Especially since I don't have money, I had to figure out a way to get it.

Although I'm a bird, I like meat, so I'll have to save a lot, right? Because meat is expensive.... But how expensive is it? How much money do I need to live outside?

Troubles come out one after another. The more I thought, the darker my expression became.

"Surpia, how much do you think is appropriate?"

"...How about making a decision similar to the Young Masters?"

"But, isn't Miss Irene still growing? It's not like she grows up all at once like the Young Masters, she grows little by little."

"You'll need a lot of stuff."

"I see. The amount may have to be allocated higher than expected."

Cade tapped the table with a troubled face.

My heart also pounded at him. Oh no. I guess he's bothered by the large amount of money he has to spend on me.

What if he suddenly tells me to leave? But he's not going to tell me to go out empty-handed because he's super-rich, right?

I saw Cade's hand anxiously pounding on the table.

When I get back to my room, I'll have to find out what's the most expensive thing I have....... Thinking about it again, I couldn't even say it was mine.

But if it's not me, there is no one else who can use it, wouldn't it be ok to take out that much?

I heard last time that the Marinette Clan's items were expensive, so I thought I should focus on items with that pattern on them.

It was no longer important to collect star candy or grape stickers in my treasure chest.

"...It's a big deal."

Suddenly, I felt the surroundings become quiet. What?

When I looked up, the elders who were focusing on the meeting had stopped what they were doing and were all looking at me.

Why are you looking at me?

"......Why are you looking at me?"

I murmured in wonder, and Cade smiled softly and leaned his arm sideways. The red eyes looking down at me were full of interest.

"I was wondering what you were thinking so deeply that you didn't eat your snacks. What's the big deal?"

"Hmm?"

"Tell me what's the big deal."

Oops. I let it out without realizing it. Hup! I covered my mouth.

How to deal with this situation? I couldn't answer anything and I was rolling my eyes, but Cade softly laughed.

"It's not a big deal, is it? We're in the process of setting a budget for your future."

Suddenly, Surpia raised her glasses and asked.

"Do you have any other amount you want?"

"Well. You said it was a big deal, so let's hear your opinion. What else were you thinking of with this little head of yours?"

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

Cade placed his hand on my head, and Surpia was waiting for my answer. Are you really going to listen to my opinion?

It was a little embarrassing, but it was definitely a good opportunity.

I decided to say the largest amount first. Then the ones Rosaria buys for me will also be more expensive, and I'll have to keep the most expensive-looking ones in the treasure chest.

I stiffened my expression and spread out my ten fingers in a serious movement.

"I want a hundred."

Prev

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4K 53
The Delgado siblings have had their lives turned around; with the inevitable appearance of a familiar face finally upon them and a whole new risk of...
2.3M 57.8K 35
6 older overprotective brothers. No parents. First year of high school that more than half her brothers go to. What can go wrong? Especially when sh...
199K 2.9K 35
Kiara Athena Carpenter, 16, mentally ill and quite traumatized. The youngest of the Carpenter siblings and also the only girl which makes her the maf...
193K 5.7K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...