The Youngest Daughter of the...

By selimchosen

The man watching the moment it was born was silent. He was a snake (that is also a black mamba), but his chil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chpater 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84

Chapter 27

2.3K 78 4
By selimchosen

"Oh, isn't that a pen?"

"That's right."

"Have you already learned letters after taking Kasana's class?"

"I can write Daddy's name. Look."

"My name?"

When I pressed the pen firmly, black ink softly came out. As I wrote Cade's name one letter at a time, his admiration came out with a 'ho-'.

"Did you learn this today?"

"Yes. I asked Kasa to teach me."

"That's why you're here to brag."

Cade pat me on the head as if he was proud. I happily smiled, feeling a little bit shy and good at the compliment.

"Teaching you is worthwhile. Every time you learn something, come to show me."

"Did I do a good job?"

"Well done."

Cade, who packed the paper with his name on it, touched his chin and looked satisfied.

* * *

Finally, the day of the banquet came.

Today, Cade was going to tell everyone that I was the youngest daughter in the family.

I was sitting in front of a dressing table with a large mirror in the middle of being decorated. I had been sitting for several hours already, but it was tolerable.

I'm going to look the prettiest today!

Fortunately, Mrs. Seri sent the party dress on time, so the banquet preparations could proceed leisurely.

"Rodaria. I'm nervous."

"You don't have to worry too much. Everyone will be by Miss Irene's side."

"Everyone?"

"Yes. The Lord and the Young Masters will be by your side. The family members participating in the banquet will also be with you."

Rosaria, who had been brushing my hair, looked at the mirror and smiled. Her reassuring words seemed to relieve my anxiety a little.

"Yes. In that case, I'm not nervous."

"That's right. You don't need to be nervous. Shall we get up for a moment, Miss Irene?"

"Yes."

I cautiously got down from the tall chair.

In fact, all preparations were done in the morning, and what Rosaria was doing now, was one final check before going to the banquet.

It was awkward because I wasn't used to my reflection in the mirror.

My hair was waved in a single braid, and my side hair curled with the heat iron swayed next to my cheeks. There was a ribbon that was beautifully pleated in the shape of a butterfly on the chest of the dress, and the skirt spread as it went down to make it as easy as possible to move.

I was now mesmerized as I looked in the mirror.

This is because the pink dress with cute lace was more beautiful than I had imagined.

"Rodaria."

"Yes, Miss Irene."

"I became a princess."

When I spoke with eyes wide open, Rosaria smiled slightly as she brought the hairband that was sitting on the table. A hairband with fluffy white flowers was carefully placed over my head.

"Now it's really over. All you have to do is go see your friends!"

"Wow! Friends!"

"Should we wear a cape just in case it's cold?"

"Yes!"

Anyway, the banquet was held inside, but Mrs. Seri worried that the sleeveless dress might be too light, so she sent a matching cloak as well.

I was ready to go out only after putting on white stockings and white round-toed shoes.

"Shall we go to the Lord, Miss Irene? You will enter the banquet together."

"Yes, let's go."

I took Rosaria's hand and, fiddling with the ribbon tail on my chest, headed towards Cade.

Knock. Knock.

"Lord, this is Rosaria."

"Come on in."

As I opened the door and entered, I saw Cade wearing a black suit that matched his body perfectly with a white tie filled with luxurious gold embroidery.

Cade, who was wearing his white gloves and looking in the mirror, tilted his head and lowered his gaze as I approached.

I unknowingly shouted at his sight.

"Wow. Daddy is so cool."

"Cool?"

"Yes! The coolest in the world!"

When I shouted, the people who were helping Cade get ready began to help me one by one.

"It seems that the young lady really likes you."

"Right! How much do you like the Lord, Miss?"

Cade seemed to be waiting for an answer, so I smiled broadly.

"I like Daddy the best in the world!"

"Oh my. The Lord is number one."

"Yes! Daddy gave me pocket money, sent me Kasa, raised me......."

When I listed them one by one, there were countless. As the reasons increased, the corners of Cade's mouth, which had been expressionless, went up in satisfaction.

I laughed along with that kind of Cade, and Baon came inside the room in our friendly atmosphere.

"Lord."

"Hmm?"

"Now is the time to join the banquet. Everyone is waiting."

"Seth and Arban?"

Come to think of it, Seth and Arban were nowhere to be seen.

Maybe they're not going together?

"The two are waiting in front of the banquet hall."

"Right."

It seemed that the preparations were quickly completed and they had arrived in advance.

Cade looked at me who was a little anxious and said.

"When the banquet starts, can you introduce yourself without being nervous in front of everyone?"

"I can do well."

"Good girl."

He held out his hand. I grabbed the hand with all my might and all my trembling seemed to go away.

"Then I hope you have a good banquet, Miss Irene."

"Isn't Rodaria coming?"

I took a step back and looked back at Rosaria, who said goodbye. Of course, I thought we were going together.

"It's a problem if there are too many people from a certain family at the banquet. I'll be cheering you on, from a place you can't see."

"Hm. Okay, Rodaria. See you later."

"Yes."

I was sorry, but I couldn't help it.

Leaving Rosaria behind, I headed to the party with Cade.

Cade, who was slowly walking at my pace, opened his mouth.

"I prepared toy presents at the entrance of the banquet hall."

"Really?"

"Yes. Check it out when you get there."

"Let's go!"

I wanted to see it sooner, so I walked quickly. I hope everyone likes it.

As we passed through the hallway leading to the East Building, the lobby and garden were filled with people I had never seen before.

I saw people wearing clothes that were completely different from those of the South, and others with completely different looks. As I was passing through the crowd filled with curiosity at the different kinds of people, someone approached Cade, pretending to know him.

He was a very bright-looking man.

"Isn't it Astrophels? It's been a while."

"Long time no see."

"You seem to have put a lot of thought into this banquet. My child is very happy with the gift."

"Really? That's a good thing. By the way, it was proposed by this one."

"This one...?"

When Cade pointed at me, a man with a huge white cloth around his arm turned his head toward me. Now it was my turn to introduce myself.

I took a deep breath and spoke in a clear voice.

"Hello. I'm Iline."

"...Iline?"

"Iline...... Iren."

Oh my God.

I made a teary face.

Contrary to the momentum I was so proud of, my pronunciation was messed up. I repeated it several times to correct the name, but the result was the same. As I grew pale, the man opened his mouth as if he had just realized it.

"Is your name Irene?"

"That's right! Irene!"

I nodded my head with a bright smile, and the man's eyes widened. And soon he burst into laughter.

"Who is this cute little girl, Duke Astrophel?"

"She's my daughter."

"Oh? Weren't there only two successors?"

I could feel that the people gathered in the garden and lobby were paying attention to this place. In particular, they had excited expressions on their faces when looking at me.

As I sneaked behind Cade, the man who kept glancing at me lit his eyes. He seemed to be curious about my existence.

"There are three. She is the first daughter of the Astrophel family in 50 years."

"I see."

"The banquet is in full swing, so I hope you enjoy it to your heart's content."

Cade announced the end of the conversation. However, I felt the man staring at me without leaving his place, so I peeked out my head.

After exchanging glances for a few seconds, the man murmured in a voice full of envy.

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

"...Daughters are indeed a little different. I am Hoshit of the Fox Clan. Call me when you come to the West, Lady Irene."

As I nodded my head to say yes, Hoshit smiled brightly and disappeared into the banquet hall.

I put my hand on my beating heart.

Good. I did a good job without being too nervous. Just do it like this!

When I followed Cade to the entrance to the banquet hall, I saw Seth and Arban, both dressed in stylish suits, waiting for us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 6.4K 79
*Mafia boss and his lost love* Alessa Romanov had endured a difficult childhood. Kidnapped at two years old, she had no memory of her biological fami...
20.8K 695 23
Avery was 9 when her parents got divorced. Her dad got her brothers and her mom got her. After 7 years her mom dies and she is put back into the cust...
1.8M 45.2K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...
19.6K 334 37
Kiara is an eighteen years old girl who lived on her own since she was sixteen Then, out of nowhere, she found herself in the care of her brothers t...