Fields of Gold; Daniel Riccia...

By Lieke4043

Skylar is a F1 fan and her favorite driver is Daniel Ricciardo. After a traumatic experience she gets an ama... More

The beginning.
Is he perfect?
No more.
Surprise!
It's Friday then!
Papaya team
Good food and good company.
On our way.
Monaco
Daniels pov.
Pizza time
Tension rising.
Good girl
Good morning.
Sight seeing.
Confessions
All the way.
What a view.
Mystery woman.
It's out.
Open Mic
What a night.
Wakey wakey.
Breaking point.
Going live
Testing the water.
Smells fishy.
Let's go!
Mile high club
Karaoke
Breakfast.
Just the two of us.
Punched in the gut.
Will Buxton.
So much support.
Back on track
Quali time.
Sexy surprise
Roscoe
Race sunday.
Back in the UK
Goodbyes aren't easy.
Destination unknown.
LA
Universal
Meeting Blake
She's everything.
Salsa
Miami
Wednesday.
This is me!
Rising star
Back home
Grace and Joe
I'm not!
Guess what..
Fear
Points again.
Disaster strikes.
Guilt
Useless
Darkness
Hold my hand
Fix you.
Together with Lewis
Family
Good enough
We're good
Meetings
Camera.
Honey Badgers birthday
Frustration
Party
I did something
Letting go
Endings and possibilities
Ranch life
Ranch life 2
Cowgirl
Be happy
Wake up!
Awake
Private
Daniel
Road to recovery
Best friends.
Pancake
Signed, sealed delivered
Planning.
Never have I ever.
Choices
Request
Spa
Zandvoort
Insecure
Girlfriends
It's a bug...
Unbelievable
Just a perfect day
Peanut
You're getting lucky tonight.
So much for my happy ending.
Conclusions
The big day
I've loved you for a thousand years.
Closure
Down Under
Crikey
Perth is full of surprises.
The best family
Not again
Crazy Christmas
New year
Oh Love
We're halfway there
Preparation
Textbook
Swiss Chocolate
An 'innocent' game of pool.
Yours?
Not sharing
Race of Champions
Get ready for the launch
New York, New York
You and me
Bahrein Testing
First Friday
You got this
The whole world is watching
Birthday girl
Party and goodbye
Dream
Not today
I'm coming
Race against time
Boy or girl?
Adjusting
Make her proud
Her first flight
Meet the team
Bahrein curse
My champion
Everything changes
Looking back
Epilogue

Fans

1.1K 24 2
By Lieke4043

Hey readers. Just a quick note from me. I am really curious about what you think about the story and my writing. So if you want, please leave a comment or send me a DM. I'm just curious about your opinions.
Thanks for reading my story though!!

We're heading outside to meet up with Michael and Lando. The rest will go to the restaurant themselves.
Michael is already standing in the lobby, so we walk up to him.
"Damn Sky, you look fantastic!" He shouts when he sees us coming towards him.
"Thank you, it's good to see you in something different then sportswear. You clean up pretty well yourself." Michael takes my hand and makes me turn around.
"Oh nice tattoos girl. I didn't know you had them."

"Yeah well most of the time they are covered, so you couldn't know."  I put my leg forward so it shows through the split in my dress and he can also see the phoenix I have on my leg.
"Ok nice. I can see more and more that you and Daniel really fit together."  He lets go of my hand and Daniel grabs it.
"Where is Lando?" He asks Michael.
"Oh he is outside taking pictures with some fans." Michael points to the door and we can see quite some people standing there.

"Ah ok, let's go save him so we can go get some food, I'm getting hungry." Daniel rubs his stomach.
When we get outside we see Lando taking pictures and signing autographs.
"Shouldn't you take some pictures with your fans as well?" I ask Daniel. "I can hear a lot of people calling your name, so go ahead Michael and I will wait." Michael nods so Daniel joins Lando to make some fans happy.

There's a girl standing near me and she calls my name. "Skylar, could I maybe take a picture with you?"
"With me?" I look at her surprised, "are you sure?"
"Yes please, I saw you singing on Instagram and you are so good, so I would really like a picture." She sounds so nice and she is really polite.

"Ok sure no problem. Maybe Michael can take it or you take a selfie." I put my arm around her shoulder and she takes a selfie with me. "What's your name?" I ask when we check the picture. "It's Shayla."
"Very nice to meet you Shayla, will you be going to the race as well?" I ask her.
"No unfortunately not, I couldn't save enough money to get tickets." She says looking sad.

I feel for her. "Do you want a picture with Daniel as well?" I ask her.
"I would love to, but he is busy so that's alright." She shrugs, but I can see on her face that would make her day.
"Wait here, I'll go get him." I say and I walk up to Daniel.
"Babe, there is somebody I want you to meet." I grab his hand to take him with me.
"Just a second everybody, he'll be right back." Hopefully the other people won't mind.

"Danny, this is Shayla, she would love to have a picture with you." I can see the look on her face and her eyes light up when she sees Daniel.
He shakes her hand, "Hey there, nice to meet you, so you want a picture?"
"If you wouldn't mind, I would really like that." Her face is glowing.

"Absolutely, no problem, come here. Babe would you mind taking the picture?" Shayla hands me her phone and I take a few pictures.
"So cute, here you go sweetheart. So Daniel I was just talking to Shayla, she has been saving money, but couldn't quite get enough to get tickets. Can we help her out in any way?" I look at him with puppy eyes.

"I think we can sure, who were you going to take with you to the race?" He asks Shayla.
"My dad, he's a big fan and he has been sick, so I wanted to surprise him, but yeah that didn't work out." She says with a sad smile.
"Wait here, I think I know what I can do to help out." He runs back in, after a few minutes he gets back out and gives Shayla 2 VIP tickets for the entire raceweekend.

"Put these away, because I don't want anyone to take them from you. With these you can be at the track all weekend. It also gives you acces to the hospitality and you will be able to go with the truck around the track." The poor girl is too stunned to speak. Her hands shake when Daniel gives her the tickets.
"This is too much, how can I accept these?" Her eyes are watering.

"It's ok, take them and put them in your bag. I hope we will see you this weekend." Daniel puts the tickets in her bag himself, because she is still just looking at him with her mouth open.
"It's ok dear, go home and surprise your father. I will be looking for you at the track alright?" I tell her and finally she snaps back to life.
"Thank you so much, I can't believe this just happened. My dad will be so happy." She hugs us both.
"Now go, we'll see you in a few days ok?" She quickly takes off to go home.

"That was adorable, she was so happy. Bless her." I kiss Daniel, "thanks sweetheart, but where did you get those tickets so fast?"
"We always have some with us just in case. So I just ran back to our room to get them. The look on her face was amazing wasn't it?" He hugs me tightly.
"It sure was. She was so polite when she asked me for a picture. And then when I heard about how she wanted to get tickets but couldn't, I felt for her. I'm glad you could help."
Lando comes up to us to let us know the taxi is here so we can get to the restaurant.

When we are in the taxi I check my phone to see if I have any messages. Bri and Jenna texted me that they've seen pictures of us at the airport.
Charlotte has send me a text to let me know she will be there tonight. Kelly also texted me. She won't be there tonight, but she would like to have lunch with me Thursday, when the guys have media day.

'I would love to have lunch with you Thursday, maybe you can help me shop for some extra outfits after.'

K: 'Shopping is always good, I would love to help you out.'

"Me and Kelly are having lunch Thursday, you'll be busy with media, so I hope you don't mind." I tell Daniel.
"Why would I mind, media day is super boring for you, so I'm glad you will be enjoying yourself and making friends." He squeezes my leg where his hand has been the entire ride so far.
"She's also going to help me shop for some clothes that I can wear this weekend." I lay my hand on top of Daniels, I always thought I had pretty normal sized hands. But compared to his they are quite small.

"Sounds like your day will be a lot more fun then mine." He smiles. "I don't hate media days, but it always feels like we're just running around from one thing to another. Even race day feels less crazy."
"Poor baby," I tease him a bit. "When Kelly and I are done shopping I'll get to the track ok. Then I'll wait for you until you are ready."
"We'll see, because you and Kelly out shopping might take longer then media day." He laughs.
I pretend to pout, "No it won't. I'm just going to get a few things, nothing too crazy."

"Baby it's all fine by me. As long as you have fun." He gives me another kiss as we pull up in front of the restaurant. "Ah here we are, let's see it anybody is inside yet."
He helps met out of the taxi and we head inside.
The interior looks adorable, the tables are covered with red and white checkered tablecloths.
There are pictures and paintings from different areas in Italy hanging on the walls. But everything else looks quite modern. I see a large table set up on the right side and there are some people already at the table.
When they get up I see it's Alex, Charles and Charlotte. As soon as she spots me Charlotte jumps up and comes up to me. Her arms spread and she is calling my name, "Skylar! I'm so glad you are here, you look amazing."

"Have you seen yourself Charlotte, you are so beautiful." She really is, she is wearing an off shoulder bright blue dress, above the knee with a belt around her waist.
We hug each other and then she takes us to the table. "Hi Charles, good to see you again." He gets up and gives me a hug.
"Good to see you too, you look stunning." He says.

"And you are Alex, it's so nice to meet you." I say when Charles lets go of me.
"Sure am, and you are Skylar, Charles and Charlotte have already told me a lot about you. It's super nice to meet you."
We shake hands and Daniel, Lando and Michael greet everybody as well.

We all sit down to wait for the rest, the waiter comes to take our drink order and we just have some small talk.
"So how has it been so far Skylar, you're not from a racing family are you?" Alex asks.
"No not at all, it's all new for me. So far it has been great. Meeting everybody, spending time with Daniel and now being here. It's crazy when I think about it." I smile at him and the waiter puts my wine in front of me.
"Grazie." I thank the waiter, he also puts some bread in front of us which smells like it's freshly baked.

"Do you speak Italian?" Daniel asks me.
"No, I only know how to say thank you, but I do love the language. At one side it sounds like Italian people are always arguing, but on the other side it sounds so melodic. I would love to be able to speak Italian." I realize I'm dating an Italian Australian guy now. "You could teach me?"

"I could teach you some sure. Charles is better at it though. But he's a Ferrari driver so he has to." He hands me a piece of the bread. "Try this it's still warm."
The bread tastes delicious, he's right it's still warm and the crust is crunchy. Perfect bread in my opinion.
"Hey guys, don't tell us you started without us!" Max walks up to us and Pierre and George are with him.

"Hi Max, great to see you again, Pierre and George likewise!" I get up to give them all a hug and when they greeted everybody they also sit down.
"So Skylar, has Daniel not driven you crazy yet? Because you can always come stay with me and Kelly." Max jokes.
"That won't be necessary Max, but thanks I'll keep it in mind just in case." I wink at him and then look at Daniel, "don't worry babe, I'm not going anywhere."
"Good, because I know I would miss you way too much." He leans in for a kiss. I tend to forget there are people around us when we kiss. But the rest quickly makes sure we remember they are also here.

"You would think after the flight you had, you would be able to keep your hands off each other for a few hours." Lando shouts and my face turns red straight away.
"Shut up Lando, you're just jealous." Daniel says, but he is smiling, so I know he's not really angry.
"Why what happened on the flight?" George wants to know.
"Nothing, never mind." Daniel tries to end the topic.
"Let's just say they joined a certain club." Lando grins.

I bury my face in Daniels shirt when all the guys begin to cheer.
"Mate really?" Daniel does sound a bit annoyed now.
"Sweetie it's ok, don't be mad at Lando. I'm sure he's just sad he wasn't allowed to join us." I look at Lando and stick out my tongue.
Now Lando turns red and I laugh.
"Well as long as you guys have fun right." Pierre says and everybody settles down again.
"Are we still waiting for anyone or should we order?" Charles asks.

At that exact moment I see Carlos walking in. "Hola everybody. Sorry I'm late." I love his Spanish accent. But hey, who doesn't right?
He greets everybody and then comes up to me, "so you are the girl who swept Daniel off his feet?"
I smile at him and shake his hand, "or you could say he swept me off my feet, but yeah that's me. It's great to meet you."
"I can say the same." He also sits down.

"Yuki had something to do, so he won't be here." Pierre answers Charles question he asked before Carlos came in.
"Alex where is Lily?" I ask him.
"She's flying in tomorrow, she had to work today." He answers.
"Ah I see, I hope to meet her this weekend. And George what about Carmen?" I look at him.
"Same story, she's coming for the weekend."
The waiter comes and we can put in our order. I'm going for the cannelloni with spinach and ricotta. One of my favorites.

"So Skylar, I think we've all seen the videos of your performance in Monaco. Are we going to witness any of that also?" Alex asks me.
"Oh god haha I don't know. Do they have a bar like that here?" I don't think there is though.
"Not that I know of, but they do have a karaoke bar at the hotel." He smiles, "so maybe when we get back we can go there to listen to you."

"We'll I don't know if we have time and we might have to get up early tomorrow." I look at Daniel for help.
"It's in the hotel, we can definitely go there for a bit after we've eaten here." He's got a cheeky smile on his face.
"Oh right, well we'll have to see then I guess." I look at Daniel with an expression that says 'thanks for nothing'
He starts to laugh when he looks at me, "look I really love to hear you sing again, so yeah if there's an opportunity, I'm gonna take it." He lifts his hands in defense.

Suddenly we hear somebody saying, "sorry I'm late, can I still join you?" And there is Lewis with Angela. I'm pretty surprised, because everybody told me he usually minds his own business, but I guess he decided to join us after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 4.1K 49
'Someone who has undergone challenges but continues to thrive despite everything they've gone through. Sometimes, you don't recognize a broken soul u...
249K 6.2K 64
⚠️ SMUT CONTENT ⚠️ THIS ONE IS GOING TO GET PRETTY STEAMY ⚠️ Sebastian Vettel had it all. A beautiful fiancée, a baby on the way. Then his world ca...
213K 4.7K 78
After a crash had prematurely ended Mollie's racing career she had turned her back on the world of motorsport. She had isolated herself from her frie...
112K 2.4K 50
For years Sebastian had admired her from afar, able to look but unable to touch. Now after one of the most eventful and traumatic years of his life...