Fields of Gold; Daniel Riccia...

By Lieke4043

Skylar is a F1 fan and her favorite driver is Daniel Ricciardo. After a traumatic experience she gets an ama... More

The beginning.
Is he perfect?
No more.
Surprise!
It's Friday then!
Papaya team
Good food and good company.
On our way.
Daniels pov.
Pizza time
Tension rising.
Good girl
Good morning.
Sight seeing.
Confessions
All the way.
What a view.
Mystery woman.
It's out.
Open Mic
What a night.
Wakey wakey.
Breaking point.
Going live
Testing the water.
Smells fishy.
Let's go!
Mile high club
Fans
Karaoke
Breakfast.
Just the two of us.
Punched in the gut.
Will Buxton.
So much support.
Back on track
Quali time.
Sexy surprise
Roscoe
Race sunday.
Back in the UK
Goodbyes aren't easy.
Destination unknown.
LA
Universal
Meeting Blake
She's everything.
Salsa
Miami
Wednesday.
This is me!
Rising star
Back home
Grace and Joe
I'm not!
Guess what..
Fear
Points again.
Disaster strikes.
Guilt
Useless
Darkness
Hold my hand
Fix you.
Together with Lewis
Family
Good enough
We're good
Meetings
Camera.
Honey Badgers birthday
Frustration
Party
I did something
Letting go
Endings and possibilities
Ranch life
Ranch life 2
Cowgirl
Be happy
Wake up!
Awake
Private
Daniel
Road to recovery
Best friends.
Pancake
Signed, sealed delivered
Planning.
Never have I ever.
Choices
Request
Spa
Zandvoort
Insecure
Girlfriends
It's a bug...
Unbelievable
Just a perfect day
Peanut
You're getting lucky tonight.
So much for my happy ending.
Conclusions
The big day
I've loved you for a thousand years.
Closure
Down Under
Crikey
Perth is full of surprises.
The best family
Not again
Crazy Christmas
New year
Oh Love
We're halfway there
Preparation
Textbook
Swiss Chocolate
An 'innocent' game of pool.
Yours?
Not sharing
Race of Champions
Get ready for the launch
New York, New York
You and me
Bahrein Testing
First Friday
You got this
The whole world is watching
Birthday girl
Party and goodbye
Dream
Not today
I'm coming
Race against time
Boy or girl?
Adjusting
Make her proud
Her first flight
Meet the team
Bahrein curse
My champion
Everything changes
Looking back
Epilogue

Monaco

1.6K 32 1
By Lieke4043

I start to wake up as I can feel Daniel moving to put on his seatbelt. I sit up and yawn,"Are we there yet? Did I really sleep the entire time? I'm sorry I didn't mean to be so boring. I guess I was a lot more tired then I thought." I also put on my own seatbelt.
"It's fine, I'm glad you took a nap, because when we get to my place I'm getting some food and then the guys are coming over. So at least you won't be too tired to meet them." He makes sure my seatbelt is on properly.
"Oh they are coming over tonight, that sounds like fun. So who will be there?" I ask him.

"Me off course!" Lando tells me.
"Nice, I was hoping you'd be there." I let him know.
"So Yeah Lando, Max, Charles, Pierre and George are coming. I will drop you off at the apartment and then I'm going to get some pizza and snacks for the evening. If you are ok with that?" He asks.
"Sounds good to me. Is it ok if I take a quick shower when you are out?" I ask him.
"Absolutely, I want you to feel at home, so yeah go for it." He holds my hand again, because we are descending. I've almost got my feet on solid ground again. I still have trouble realizing I'll be in Monaco soon, at Daniels place and I'm going to hang out with some of the other drivers.

"What about their girlfriends? Aren't they coming?" I ask.
"Well we already know poor Lando will be alone." He teases Lando.
"Screw you" Lando tries to sound mad, but that didn't work.
Daniel laughs,"Kelly has her daughter, so she won't be there and for the rest I think they have work to do and will meet up with us later this week, probably in Italy."
"I would love to meet them, all of them are so incredibly beautiful, I really hope they will like me." I squeeze Daniels hand because the wheels of the plane touch the landing strip.
"Luisa will love you, I'm sure of it." Lando tells me.

The plane is slowing down and is now making it's way to the terminal so we can get off.
"Thanks for saying that Lando. I appreciate it." I thank him as we can take off our seatbelts.
Even though it has only been a short flight I'm glad I can get up and move a bit.
I grab my bag from the storage above our heads, the doors of the plane open and they attach a staircase to it.
It feels so weird being here in Nice, I know we still have a short drive to get to the apartment. But that's only about half an hour.

There is somebody unloading our luggage, we collect everything, then we go through customs and we get out to grab a taxi.
As we drive along the coast the views are amazing. But when we reach Monaco and actually drive through it blows my mind.
The yachts that are in the marina are ridiculous, some have pools on them and just look like hotels.
I've never seen anything like it. It's also crazy to realize that in a couple of weeks there will be race cars driving through these streets.

Finally we reach a stunning apartment complex and the taxi stops in front of the door.
We get out and the drivers puts our stuff on the sidewalk. I want to grab my suitcase, but Daniel is quicker. It's a good thing it has wheels, so he doesn't need to carry it.
Lando lives in the same building as does Max, but we will meet him later.
We take the elevator and Lando gets out a few floors up.
"See you later guys, I'm gonna put my stuff away and take a shower as well. Just let me know when you got the pizza and I will come to your place." He waves and takes of to go to his apartment.

We have to go up a bit more, but we finally reach Daniels floor and we can also get out. For some reason I'm getting a bit nervous.
I mean what if I don't fit in, what if the guys don't like me or I make a complete fool of myself. Or what if Daniel figures out he doesn't like me as much as he thinks he does.
I take some deep breaths as I follow Daniel to his door. Before he opens it he looks back at me and asks: "You ready to see your accommodation for the next days?"
"Yeah I think so, let me see the place you call home." I smile and he opens the door.

He let's me go inside first, there's a small hallway and when I pass that I enter the living room. I can see a lot of pictures from family and friends, some F1 photos and items.
He has a nice big couch which looks very comfortable and also a big loveseat.
His kitchen is also in the main living area, it's a nice open kitchen with a bar and some stools, so the person in the kitchen isn't separate from the people in the living room. I really love this area, it's so open and still feels comfortable and inviting.

"Let me show you your room and the bathroom so you can enjoy that shower." Daniel leads me to a door on the left side of the living room.
"This is your room, mine is right next to it." He opens the door and the room is lovely, there's a bed that looks like twice the size as my own, it also has a tv and when I look across the room I see another door.
"Where does that door lead to?" I ask Daniel.
"That would be my room." He answers.
"And where is the bathroom?" I do really want to take a shower after today.
"The bathroom is behind door number 2!" He jokes and points at it.
I go to check it out and I can see a bathtub and a shower. It even has one of those massive showerheads that make it feel like it's raining.
"Oh wow I can't wait to get in there." I turn towards Daniel who is standing beside me.
"I still can't believe you actually brought me here. Your place looks amazing and I'm really happy to be here with you."

"I'm glad you decided to come, it's pretty crazy after meeting just yesterday that we are here now. But it feels natural having you here. So you hop in the shower. The towels are in the closet over there. Just grab one. I will get us some pizza's and stuff and then we can eat something and have fun with the guys." I wrap my arms around him and hug him for a while. Then I look up and he pulls my face towards him with just one finger under my chin.

I kiss him and he runs his fingers through my hair, then he gently pulls my hair and I feel the tension in my lower body rise. It's so hard to contain myself and not just go all the way with him right now. I'm not even sure if I can yet, it might hurt like hell with my injury still bothering me.
I moan in his mouth and because we are pressed against each other I can feel some tension is his lower regions also rise.
His hands slide down my back and he grabs my ass to pull me in even closer.
For a second we break the connection between our lips just to get some air. Our heads lean against each other and our noses touch as we catch our breath.
"You should really go get those pizzas, before everybody gets here and we have nothing to eat"  I'm almost whispering, because I'm still trying to get myself together.
"You are right, it just feels so damn good holding you and kissing you. It's hard to stop." He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before slowly letting me go.
"I know, I've never felt this before, but there's plenty of time to explore this further. I'm going to get into the shower and you are getting food and I will see you when you get back." I give him a quick kiss and walk to the closet to get a towel. They are massive, which I absolutely love. That means I can wrap myself in it.
I quickly grab the items I need for the shower.
"There's a Bluetooth speaker in the shower. You can listen to some music while you're in there," Daniel quickly tells me before taking off and leaving me alone in his home.

With that information I also grab my phone, so I can put on some music.
I take off my clothes and check myself in the mirror. I really hope he won't mind that I'm not super skinny. I'm usually not insecure, but for some reason I'm a little bit right now. Maybe because I know what type of girls he could easily date. Looking at the girlfriends of the other drivers, they are or could be models. That's definitely not a career I could ever pursue, and I don't have that ambition, but I do get a bit nervous that I won't fit into his world.
I check out my wound. It looks ok, most of the sutures are taken out already, they just kept 3 in just to be safe. But they should dissolve on their own. I'm definitely going to have a scar though, the wound is about 3 inches long, so not massive, but big enough.
Thinking about the attack and Shane sends shivers down my spine. At that moment I hardly felt fear, I was just fighting for my life. But when I think back and realize how close I was at actually dying. That does make me scared, I'm so happy that I was able to fight long enough for the cops to arrive.
It's still heartbreaking that his obsession cost him his life and that his family and friends have to live with that loss.
I feel a tear rolling down my face, but I quickly wipe it away and turn on the water in the shower. I really don't want those feelings ruining my time here. I realize I will have to tell Daniel about it and that's also something I'm not looking forward to.
Before I get in the shower I connect my phone to the speaker and put on my playlist.

As I get under the water I relax completely, the rain shower is fantastic I love it. I decide to get one of these when I get home.
I wash my hair and as I am washing my body I hear one of my favorite songs come on.
I can't help myself and I start to sing along.

"We keep behind closed doors, every time I see you I die a little more.
Stolen moment that we steal when the curtain falls, it will never be enough.

Its obvious your meant for me, every piece of you it just fits perfectly.
Every second every thought I'm in so deep,
But I'll never show it on my face.

But I know this, we got a love that is hopeless
Why can't I hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

I get out of the shower and wrap myself in the massive towel.
I start to dry my hair and continue to sing a long.

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby
I don't wanna hide us away
Tell the world about the love we making
I'm living for that day, someday

Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours, I'm yours

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

Wish we could be like that.

The song is finished and I'm so glad there's nobody here. How embarrassing would that be.
The next song comes on and it's Jolene by Dolly Parton. Also such a great song. As I sign along again I'm looking for my clean clothes.
But then I realize my suitcase is still in the living room.
Oh well let's just grab it so I can pick something to wear. I'm still singing and dancing to Jolene as I get out of the bathroom and go to the living room.
When I get out I suddenly freeze. Oh fuck....I look around and I see Daniel in the kitchen staring at me, next to him is Charles and on the couch I see Lando, Max and Pierre. George is on the loveseat and they are all looking at me. I'm just standing there wrapped in a towel, my hair still damp and I realize they probably heard me singing my heart out in the bathroom.

"Well, Ehm this is awkward. I just need my suitcase. I'm Skylar by the way." I can just feel my cheeks burning and I'm sure they are bright red right now.
I try to pick up my suitcase without the towel dropping. Daniel sees me struggling and he quickly comes to my rescue.
We go to my bedroom where I sit down on the bed with my face in my hands.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn't know you were already here. I'm so embarrassed right now. How long have you been here?"
Daniel sits next to me and takes my hands away from my face.
"Hey it's fine, we got here about 10 minutes ago".
I look at him with shame in my eyes. "That means you all heard me. You all must have hearing damage right now."
"No we don't. It was actually amazing to hear you sing like that. You might not realize it, but your voice is beautiful." He tries to reassure me.
He pulls me against him and kisses my on the top of my hair.
It takes me a lot of strength not to cry with shame right now. But I have to pull myself together and face them. Just with my clothes on this time.
"I'll get dressed and then I'll try to make my second impression a bit better." I softly say to Daniel.
"If it was just me I wouldn't mind what you are wearing right now, but I don't want them to get too distracted. I'll see you in a bit and don't worry about your first impression. It was definitely one they won't forget." He laughs a bit and I throw the towel I used for my hair to him.
"Sure, rub it in. Get out you...". Seeing his cheeky face makes me also laugh. He leaves and I open my suitcase to find something to wear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 2.8K 36
Georgina Preston has heard everything about Daniel Ricciardo. Whispers from friends of friends have kept her endlessly up to date with his life even...
111K 2.7K 74
⚠️ Warning, this story contains smut ⚠️ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a great year, Melissa could feel it. A n...
291K 4.7K 126
Alex is a young girl brought up around formula one. There's trauma and heartbreak in her life. She lands a job with the McLaren team and travels the...
112K 2.4K 50
For years Sebastian had admired her from afar, able to look but unable to touch. Now after one of the most eventful and traumatic years of his life...