An Eventful Internship

By Captain_Kitler

Sooooooo I'm really sorry but May is dead, much like everyone else in Peter's family. In this he used to have... More

What Truly Happens Behind Closed Doors | 01
The Start Of An Eventful Field Trip | 02
Impressing A Genius... | 03
...Or Two | 04
Non-Linear Equations | 05
Grab A Box Of Tissues | 06
Mr. Angel | 07
A Good First Day At SI | 08
Dinner With The Avengers | 09
420 Whatcha Smokin'? | 10
Sick Day... | 11
Parent Day | 12
Bad Day | 13
Happy Birthday To Me... | 14
Harley Stark...? | 15
A Kiss, Love and Widow Bites | 16
He Kissed You?! | 17
Skipping Class | 18
Finding Out | 19
Little Sister | 20
I'm Sorry | 21
It's Nothing | 22
How Did We Not Know? | 23
Expelled | 24
New Home | 25
Park | 26
New Friends | 27
A First Day At School | 28
Oh I Got Expelled | 29
An Unexpected Guest | 30
Mission | 31
Mission II | 32
Dead | 33
Arc Reactor | 34
Explanation | 35
Scars | 36
Kidnapped... Not Really | 37
Bird Buddy | 38
Buckaroo | 39
School already...? | 40
A/N Face Reveal Cuz Why Not?
The Inevitable Bitchy Teacher | 41
Autism Awareness | 42
Are You High? | 43
Yeet I Go | 44
Yup Just A Super Soldier... | 45
Nightmares And Plums | 46
Just Boring Sh-tuff | 47
Illegal Adoption | 48
Peter... What The Fuck? | 49
What A Bitch | 50
I Got Struck By Lightning... | 51
WHAT THE HELL?! | 52
You're Spider-Boy? | 53
Christmas Eve | 54
Not Allowed In The McDonald's Ball Pit | 55
Uncle Mark... | 56
Lucifer | 57
Mazikeen | 58
Home | 59
Oh I Was Shot... | 60
Baseball Game | 61
I LOOK LIKE A MINECRAFT VILLAGER | 62
Nine Nine! | Part One | 63
Nine Nine! | Part Two | 64
Nine Nine! | Part Three | 65
Bucky's Therapy Session | 66
Tattoos Are Cool! | 67
Czech Dudes And Guitars | 68
You Guys Know Each Other? | 69 😏
Eating Disorders and Never Have I Ever | 70
I Guess I'm Alexander Hamilton | 71
Happy Meal | 72
Yelena | 73
Cap's Gay | 74
School Is Boring And I Like Muffins | 75
The Legends Of Tomorrow | Part One | 76
The Legends Of Tomorrow | Part Two | 77
The Legends Of Tomorrow | Part Three | 78
Bye Maise... Or Was It Maeve? | 79
Cats
New Home... Again | 80
I'm Not Dead | 81
School... Fuckin' School | 82
Going To School And Bucky's A Baker | 83
More Muffins and Not Baguettes | 84
Ohhhh Bo | 85
Gay Dad #1's Birthday | 86
Demigods Smoke Weed Too | 87
...So Does Apollo | 88
I Hate People That Work At The Bank... i wOrK at ThE BAnK | 89
PPPS To The Rescue | 90
School? Early?! BEGONE IMPOSTER! | 91
Batfam Crossover Cuz Why Not? | 93

School, Lost Girls and Happy Meals | 92

1K 54 78
By Captain_Kitler

Same Day as Previous Chapter

"You're fucking crazy dude" the random girl from PE says as we stop running in the corridors.

"You know I get that a lot" I say with a grin.

"Yeah i'm not surprised" she says, leaning against the wall to catch her breath.

"I'm Aubrey" she adds and I smile at her, "cool name, I'm Peter" I reply.

"You new here or something? I've not seen you around before" she asks with a raised brow.

"I just rarely go to school" I respond, giving a small shrug.

"Ah makes sense, I'm the same, this is my first day in months" she replies.

"Ha mood, this is my first day since March and even then i'm only here because i was forced to" I say with a laugh.

"Bro same, they're gonna take me out of my mom's custody if I don't start going at least twice a week" she says, rolling her eyes slightly.

"Bruh CPS are annoying as shit, I was put in a unit for apparently having aggressive behaviour just because I lightly stabbed my foster father with a fork that one time" I say with a huff and she lets out an amused snort.

"You know you seem familiar for seen reason" she says with a frown and i just shrug.

"Shit yeah, you're that guy from the bank, you're trending on TikTok" she says as the realisation hits her.

"Dam, why does everyone have TikTok but me?" I ask.

"Broooo you should get it, I mean I didn't want it at first because I didn't really give a shit but there's like whole other sides of that app that's actually kinda funny" she says, huh maybe i should get it, what could be the harm anyway?

"I thought it was just some weird app where people lip synced to random ass overplayed songs" I reply.

"I mean it used to be like that but not anymore, there's everything on that thing, funny cat videos, random people doing weird shit without context, people talking about sciencey things, ooh there's these videos of avengers out of context, they're hilarious as fuck" she says with a laugh.

"Avengers out of context?" I ask with a raised brow and she smirks, taking out her phone.

She shows me a video and it's of Steve in the middle of middle saying "i don't wike it" then it zooms to Bucky who snorts in amusement, then there's like a beep and it flashes to Tony eating doughnuts in a huge doughnut ring, bro looks like a whole mood, he drops a doughnut and looks down for a second then looks back up and shrugs just eating another doughnut. The clip then does the weird bleepy thing and cuts to Clint sitting in a rooftop in his Hawkeye gear and he talks into his com then it goes silent and he starts talking again "fuck I feel like i'm talking to Captain Kirk, is this star trek?" he says into the com jokingly. It bleeps again and now it's Nat beating up some bad guy, once he's knocked out she turns to the random bystander filming and winks jokingly at the camera.

The video goes on for a few more dumb moments of the team, it's actually really funny, I should send this to them.

"God I need to get TikTok that's hilarious" I say with a laugh to Aubrey.

"It's pretty simple signing up, you could do it right now" she says with a shrug.

"Yeah sure, I know for sure that app's gonna look through all my data but oh well it's funny" I say with a shrug, pulling out my phone.

After about 10 minutes i'm signed in and have an account.

"If you sync your contacts you can add your friends" she says and I think fair enough I wonder if anyone else I know has tiktok so I sync my contacts and a bunch of people come up.

"Oh that is gold, Pietro has TikTok" I say with a snort and tap on his account.

"Yoooo that's Quicksilver's account, how the fuck is he in your contacts?" she asks with wide eyes and I notice he has 2.3 million followers what the actual fuck?

"He's a friend, I'm so gonna fuckin tease the shit out of him for this" I say with a snicker as I follow him.

I then go back to see what other contacts have TikTok.

"Why do you have so many famous people in your contacts? Lewis Capaldi, Pete Davidson, Central Cee, fucking Iron Man?" she asks in shock, okay to be fair I only have Lewis in my contacts because I met him when he was drunk, and Pete Davidson because we met in Ikea and found out we have the same name and neither of us have dads, Central Cee... well yeah i can't really explain that i really don't remember.

"Oh my fucking god, Tony has TikTok" I say with a wheeze, tapping on his profile.

"Bro who even are you, why do you know these famous people?" she asks looking just completely and utterly confused.

"I just know people I guess" I reply vaguely with a shrug as I tap on Tony's most recent video.

It's him replying to a comment which asked 'Do u care that ur son is gay? i'm not trolling or anything, just curious'.

"He takes after me on that so yeah I don't really care, plus his boyfriend is basically our dog now, the whole team loves him" Tony says in response and I snort.

"Bruh I just got called a dog what the fuck" I say and go to the comments to make a very angry statement.

'Ridiculous, I'm not a dog, I'm more of a cat tbh, Harley's the golden retriever 😒'

"You're dating Harley Stark?!" dam she hella surprised.

"Uhh yeah" I say with a shrug.

"Dudeeee what the fuck, that's crazy!" she exclaims with widened eyes.

"How did you guys meet?" she asked.

"Well technically through GTA, then I started working at SI and we got a lot closer" I reply... dam why am I only now realising that I met my boyfriend through a fucking video game. That's just... sad, if you think about it, what the fuck?

"You work at SI?" she asks, her eyes growing even wider, if that's even possible.

"Yep, for like a year now" I say with a shrug.

"Holy shit, you're like the coolest person I know dude" she says in awe, well... I am pretty fucking cool.

It was only then that I realised the time and the plans I had made with Chrissy.

"Oh shit the bells gonna go in a few minutes, I promised my little sister I'd grab her mcdonald's for lunch today" I say with widened eyes.

"Aren't you not allowed to leave the school for lunch?" she asks confusedly.

I smirk, "that's never stopped me before" I say as I stand up.

"Ugh how do you not get caught? I always get caught" she says with a groan, standing up also.

"Magic" I say with a smirk, "anyways, I might see you later, depends if i wanna come back after lunch" I say.

"Peace out man, I gotta go find my dumbass friends" she says and with a small two fingered salute I'm off.

I walk out the front doors of the school just as the bell goes, truth be told the only reason I don't get caught leaving is because I bribed the truancy officer.

As I'm walking through the streets, on my way to the closest Mcdonald's to Chrissy's school, something, or rather someone, small bumps into me.

I look down to see a little girl, she looked like she was about to cry, oh no don't cry small child that's my weakness.

"Hey don't worry, you're okay" I say softly helping her up, she just looks at me sadly, her eyes wide.

"What's your name kid?" I ask her, gods why do I always find sad lost kids in New York? Like seriously this city has some problems.

"Awia" she says in a small voice, gods this kid is like 3.

"Where's your mom?" I ask her and she just shrugs slightly whilst looking around fearfully.

"Did you get lost?" I ask her and she nods.

"Who were you with when you got lost?" I ask her and she sniffles slightly.

"Mama, bu' I dunno whe'uh she wen'" she says, more tears brimming her eyes.

"It's okay, I'll help you find your Mama, where did you see him last?" I ask her.

"I don' know" she says sadly.

"Why don't you just go back from where you walked from, I'll come with you and we can see if we can find your Mama" I say to her and she nods.

She takes my hand and starts pulling me down the sidewalk, this girl is strong for her age, I nearly fell.

She crosses the road then into the park, THIS GIRL CROSSED A NEW YORK ROAD ALONE?!! HOW IS SHE STILL ALIVE?!

"Here" she says, stopping by a bench.

"Why don't we stay here for your Mama to come, I'm sure she will, she's prolly worried n' stuff" I say and she nods.

"So what does your Mama look like Aria?" I ask her.

"She has bwonde hai'uh wike me she taw but not ta'wer than you, an'- an' she has bwue eyes" she says, dam this is confusing but I somehow make out what she says. So her mom has blonde hair, is probably a tiny bit above average height and has blue eyes. Okay I can work with that.

"Okay, what did you do today?" I ask her, tryna get her mind off of it.

"I wen' to the pawk wi' Mama, an' I had ice cweam" she says with smile.

"Ice cream! That's awesome! What kinda ice cream?" I ask her and she smiles wider.

"Chocate!" She exclaims, oh my god this kid can't even say chocolate it's adorable.

"That's cool! I love chocolate ice cream, the cookies and cream one is my favourite" I say.

"I never had tha' one" she says, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"It's really good, you should try it, it tastes like Oreos!" I say and her face lights up.

"I wove oweos!" She says excitedly and I laugh.

"Oh my god Aria!" I hear a woman say worriedly and look up to see a woman matching the girls description hurriedly making her way over.

Aria immediately jumps into her arms and starts to cry.

"I found her by the subway station, she looked lost so I got her to take me to where she last saw you" I say to the woman who looks at me thankfully.

"Thank you so much, I-I don't have any money on me" she says, clutching her daughter tightly in an embrace as though scared she would lose her again.

"No no don't worry, I don't want any money, I was just worried about the kid is all" I say with a shrug.

"Thank you, Ive never been so worried in my life" she says, looked down at the girl in her arms.

"I get it, well sort of, I have a little sister" I say with a small smile.

"She's lucky to have you, can I know your name?" she asks.

"Sure, I'm Peter, Peter Parker" I say, reaching out to shake her hand.

"I'm Paige, thanks again, are you sure I can't repay you or anything?" she asks, it's sad that this is what the world as come to, how people expect to be rewarded just for doing the bare minimum.

"It's fine ma'am, honestly, I'm just glad she's okay" I reply.

"Anyway I gotta go, I promised my sister a happy meal today" I say with a smile.

"Of course, thanks again, you're an angel" she says and I nod respectively and give Aria a little wave goodbye before leaving.

I finally get to the McDonalds though it's not too late and thankfully it isn't so packed because school is still in.

I order a chicken nugget happy meal with a chocolate milkshake of course, and make my way to Chrissy's school which is conveniently only just across the road.

I walk into the elementary school and up to the receptionist who i'm familiar with.

"Hey Peter! How can I help you?" she asks.

"Hi I'm here drop of Chrissy's lunch" I say, holding the happy meal up.

"Lunch is just about to start, you can probably catch her, you know where her classroom is" the woman replies with a smile.

I give her a nod and walk through the double doors into a corridor then make my way along said corridor, just then the bell goes for lunch and little midges start leaving their classrooms.

I go to Chrissy's class and catch her as she walks out, upon seeing me, she immediately comes up and hugs me.

"Peter!" she says excitedly as she does so.

"Got your lunch smalls" I say with a smile, crouching down slightly to ruffle her hair.

"And a chocolate milkshake?" she asks excitedly and I nod.

"And a chocolate milkshake" I reply, passing her both the happy meal and milkshake.

She's quite possibly buzzing with excitement at this point.

"You're the best brother ever!" she says, throwing her arms around me again.

"Oh wow Chrissy what do you have there?" her teacher asks with a soft smile.

"A happy meal! My brother got me it!" Chrissy replied proudly.

"Sorry if that's any trouble" I say, kids can be jealous lil shits, I know I was in elementary when kids came back from dentist appointments with mcdonald's.

"No no it's fine, as long as it's not a daily thing" she replies.

"Nah just a little treat because she's been doing well you know" I say and she nods.

"She has at that, some of the best grades in the class" fuck yeah that's ma girl, all those other 2nd graders can suck it.

"Well I gotta go, I'll see you in a few hours smalls" I say and Chrissy nods.

"Bye teach, thanks for being cool with the happy meal" I say and after a nod from her I'm off.

"Bye Peter!" Chrissy shouts after me with a big wave.

I laugh and wave back before disappearing behind the double doors to the reception.

"Bye Ms. Clarke" I say to the receptionist who waved her goodbye as I leave the building.

Ooft, todays been an alright day I guess, I wonder what Harley's up to?

Since I don't feel like going back to school, I decide to just go to the towers and hang out with my boyfriend who by the way also should be in school.

The author has no idea how to end this chapter so just pretend I go to the tower and hang out with Harls and it's awesome.

———

Let me start this authors not off by saying how sorry I am... lol not rly

i mean... okay maybe i do feel sorry a lil bit, it's been months since mg last update after all 😅

if you're actually reading this and are still here after waiting so long then dam you got patience.

and if you're one of the many people who have been nagging me to update all this time then congratulations, it finally paid off.

also this is not edited cuz i cba with that shit

Peter's Shrug Count: i can't fuckin be arsed man

Word Count: 2500

- mayaaa ✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.4K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...
112K 3K 26
A paralysed girl...smaller than teenagers her age...but a mind stronger than most adults...with a not so good family life and difficulties to face ea...
309K 6.7K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
43K 979 11
(book 1) y/n stark is really not here for this european school vacation because in this post-endgame world, she's mourning the loss of her dad. but o...