Impressing A Genius... | 03

After everyone's had lunch we continue on with the tour.

Everyone swarms around the tour guide chatting away to one another, she tries to get everyone's attention but to no avail.

I roll my eyes and give my loudest taxi whistle, everyone stops talking and turns to me in confusion. I just point at the tour guide and they send her a few sorries and then pay attention.

"Okay, the next thing on the tour is the higher level labs, this includes Dr. Banners lab where each of you will be making your own inventions" she says with unnecessary enthusiasm.

Everyone buzzes with excitement, well mostly everyone, some people groan because they hate science which is weird because I go to a stem school.

We all make our way into the elevator, which is really big by the way, just thought I'd put that out there in case you were wondering how we can all fit.

We get to the higher labs floor and everyone steps out the elevator.

"Okay first we'll go to a few higher labs and then we can go to Dr. Banners personal lab where he will be hosting a small invention competition within your class" the tour guide says and we follow her through the corridor.

We walk into a lab and everyone looks around in amazement, there's 3 scientists here, all doing their own thing.

I look around but my eyes catch a glimpse of something that could lead to a catastrophic outcome. A kid in my class, holding a beaker full of sodium azide about to pour it into dichloromethane.

I quickly place my hand over the dichloromethane and the sodium azide pours over my hand instead, burning my skin.

"Are you stupid?! You can't put that amount sodium azide in dichloromethane, the chemical combustion would be far to great, meaning you'd be blowing up this whole lab which in case you haven't noticed, has many flammable substances!" I exclaim to the kid who's smart idea it was to do such a thing.

"The kids right, this whole lab would be in flames" a scientist says with wide eyes, unbelieving of what could've happened.

Another scientist grabs my hand and holds it under a tap, "Jesus kid, I don't know how you're not screaming in pain" she says incredulously.

"What the fuck is happening right now?" One of my classmates say in confusion.

"Your classmate just saved you all from getting serious burns which could've been fatal, that's what's happening" the scientist who's keeping my hand under the tap says.

Everyone's eyes grow wide in shock as they look at me in astonishment.

The tour guide gets all of my class but me to wait outside, not wanting them to see the burn on my hand.

"You can catch up with us, we'll be on the 71st floor" she says and the class leave.

"Kid you should probably go to a hospital, this is pretty bad, you could need a skin graft" the scientist says, wincing slightly at the sight of my hand.

"Nah I'm good, plus I wanna see Dr. Banners lab" I say with a shrug.

"How about after, just go to a hospital some time today, it could get infected" she says and I nod.

"Sure" I shrug.

"Do you wanna bandage?" Another scientist asks, I was about to decline when he passes me a bandage.

"You're getting a bandage" he says leaving no room for protests.

The female scientist, the one who put my hand under the water, damn I'm probably confusing you right now. Anyway the female scientist, takes the bandage and wraps it around my hand, I wince slightly and she gives me a sympathetic smile.