I'm Sorry | 21

October 3rd

Chrissy called me as I was walking home and she told me about the light in the refrigerator which was adorable. I told her it was fairies and she was completely mesmerised by it.

I ended the call when I got home and let's just say going back to that shithole was a mistake.

As soon as I walk in I'm hit with the stench of alcohol, I hear drunken laughter of more than one person.

Great, his friends are here.

I try to walk past them to go upstairs but a hand grabs me and I'm pulled into the kitchen where they're all around the table.

A fist collides with my face and the men laugh, a bottle is then smashed over my head and cuts my eye causing me to left out a small scream.

"Please stop" I gasp out and they just laugh.

I'm then punched again and again until every single one of them are beating me relentlessly, not holding back. My ribs snap out of place and many of my bones break. By every hit i as them to stop but they don't.

Just as I think it can't get worse Carl pulls out his bat, yes the bat, the one with sharp nails that are stained with my blood sticking out of it.

After a hard blow to the head, my world goes dark and I fall into a deep haze of unconsciousness.

***

October 5th

I awake in the same position on the floor, lying in a dried puddle of my own blood. It hurts to breath, it hurts to move, my head is throbbing and I can't see anything out of my left eye.

I try my hardest to get up but the pain is too much, it's searing throughout my whole body by every muscle I move.

Bite the bullet, I think, I was told that a lot on missions, just to bite the bullet before we can go home. With that in mind I force my self to get up and let out a cry, I use all the strength I have in me to stand up. 

I whimper, it hurts so bad, this is one of the worst pains I've ever experienced and that's saying something.

The house is empty, luckily for me, so I drag myself to the bottom floor bathroom.

I inherited Michelle's minor water healing abilities when she died, so I place my hand under the cold water of the tap. It only heals me slightly but it already feels better than before.

I expertly pop a few ribs back into place letting out a grunt of pain in doing so.

I dig in my pockets for my phone and find it, it's smashed really badly but it still works, to an extent.

It's nearly 8 in the evening but it's also the 5th of October, I was passed out for nearly 48 hours!

My phone has multiple missed messages, mostly from Harley but a couple from Tony and Nat. My eyes widen, shit, what am I gonna do??

I stagger out of the bathroom and then make my way out of the house. I wipe my blooded hands on my sweater, damn I probably look like a zombie.

I get to my warehouse and Chrissy immediately runs to me, hugging me, luckily she's too short to hug around my waist so she didn't hurt me that much.

"Hey smalls I'm sorry I was gone, I got a little hurt" I say and she looks at me worriedly.

"You're bleeding!" She says a little scared but I smile to show her I'm fine.

"Hey it's fine, I'm okay, I'm gonna shower then change" I say and she nods sitting on the couch, curling up with a blanket.

I grab some clothes and go into the bathroom.