Little Sister | 20

October 2nd

I'm walking along the street with a bag of food and some other things.

When I turn the corner I see the same little girl I saw yesterday and smile, Chrissy she said her name is.

As I approach her she smiles at me, recognising me immediately. She's so young, only 5 years old, the streets are no place for a little girl but neither is foster care.

"Hey Chrissy" I say to her, ruffling her hair and sitting down beside her.

"Hi!" She says and I smile.

"I brought you some things, and of course that includes gummy worms!" I say pulling the packet of candy out of the bag and her face lights up.

She eats the sandwiches I made her as well as the gummy worms as we laugh and talk. She's such a great kid, she doesn't deserve to be living on the streets like this.

"Thank you! I was really hungry!" She says hugging me and I laugh hugging her back.

"So did you run away?" I ask her and she nods looking down at her hands.

"The mean lady hurt me and I didn't wanna get hurt again" she says sadly and I hug her tightly.

"It's okay, I won't let her hurt you again, I won't let anyone hurt you again" I promise.

At that moment I decide to take her to my warehouse, that sounds really weird oh my god. But I just don't want her sleeping out here, there's some creeps in New York and I don't want her getting hurt. I promised.

"Hey Chrissy, do you think you could come with me? I just don't want you to be all alone at night" I say to her and she looks up at me.

"Y-you mean live with you?" She asks with a hopeful glint in her eyes, I nod with a smile and she hugs me tighter.

"I'd really like that" she sniffles.

And so with that in mind I take her to my hideout.

She skips along the sidewalk holding my hand, telling me about random things, she deserves a better life.

***

When we get to the warehouse I show here around and she looks in amazement at everything.

I then show here to the bathroom so she can shower and I also gave her clean clothes.

"I'll wait outside for you smalls" I say and she smiles brightly.

I sit on the couch getting in some reading, I'm reading this book called Viral BS by Dr. Seema Jasmine. It's quite interesting.

Not long later I hear the shower stop and within a few minutes the door opens then Chrissy walks out wearing the slightly baggy yet clean clothes. The dirt on her hair and face is gone and she looks much cleaner.

"Hiya smalls, you can watch a movie if you want, I have to go soon but I'll be back tomorrow" I say she saddens slightly but nods nonetheless.

"What's your favourite movie?" I ask and she ponders for a second.

"I dunno, I'm not allowed to watch movies" she says sadly.

"Well you are now, how about Finding Nemo, it's got fishies in it" I say and she smiles widely nodding enthusiastically.

"Okay I'll put on Finding Nemo, do you know how to work the remote?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

I then spend most of my remaining time left explaining it to her writing a chart to help her just in case.