The Start Of An Eventful Field Trip | 02

Peter's PoV-

I arrive at my school and although there's a sign stating no skateboards on the premises, continue to cruise down the corridor to my home room class. I kicked my board of the ground and caught it as I walked in the room slumping myself down at his desk.

We're having a field trip today so everyone's excited and talking about it because we leave at the end of home room.

I just put my hood up hiding my face, when the bell goes the teacher tells us to make out way to the school bus.

On the bus, I sit by myself cancelling out all the noise by listening to music with my earphones, right now I'm listening to AC/DC. Ugh I wish I was still in Midtown, but sadly I got expelled for decking a bitchy teacher. Now I don't have Ned or MJ, which sucks big time.

The field trip is at Stark Industries but if I'm being honest I couldn't even care less, sure it's a cool technology company and Tony Stark's a pretty decent engineer but it's nothing special.

When the bus comes to a stop everyone rushes out and I step out last.

We make our way in the building and meet up with our tour guide, she hands us visitors badges, I don't hear a word she's saying because of my music but I can read her lips easily.

We all file into an elevator and head up to the intern levels, we walked past people doing paperwork it was pretty boring.

Next we go to the avengers museum which is more interesting than the intern levels, no offence if you're an SI intern.

Everyone goes up to the displays of Captain America or Iron-Man, I go to the display case of all Dr. Banners work.

Bruce Banner is one of the most underrated scientists, his work is evolutionary, he doesn't get enough credit for all he's done. After looking over Dr. Banners work, not really the hulk, I like him more as a scientist, anyway after looking over his stuff I look at the display cases for Scarlet-Witch and Quicksilver and the winter soldier as well as Hawkeye and black widow.

The tour guide then calls us over and announces that we're going to the avengers training room where some of the avengers might be. Everyone goes crazy and I'm glad I still have my earphones in because I think I would have gone deaf if I hadn't.

When we get to the training room, like the tour guide said there's a couple avengers, Black Widow and Captain America.

"Hey guys, I'm Steve Rogers this is Natasha Romanoff, we're gonna teach you some basic self defence moves, so find a partner" Mr. Rogers says and everyone scrambles to find a partner, there's an uneven number so I'm left alone.

The teacher tells me to take my earphones out whilst glaring at me, I take them out with a sigh.

"Does anyone wanna be in a three with the last kid?" Mr. Rogers asks them, referring to me.

"That kid's crazy, he'd have us all on the ground in seconds" a football jock says and they all say their agreements.

"There's a rumour saying that he used to be a HYDRA agent" another kid says.

"Son HYDRA is not something to joke about" Mr. Rogers says firmly.

"Well I'm not sparring with him, I actually wanna live" he says and the others mutter in agreement.

"Mr. Rogers, I already know a fair bit about self defence, I'm fine with sitting this one out" I say respectfully with a shrug.

"If that's what you want" he says, I nod and walk over to the bench and the two heroes teach the class some things.

In all honesty I'm in too much pain to fight, my wounds are still open and by every step I take I feel my body screaming in protest. Carl really got me badly this time, I'm even starting to feel dizzy and just overall really sluggish and tired.

When they're sparring Ms. Romanoff comes over to me.

"Hey kid, you okay? What's up with the hood?" She asks, I just shrug.

"What's your name?" She asks me, sitting beside me and I couldn't help but flinch when she did so.

"Peter" I reply.

"Whatcha do to your hand?" She asks looking at my bandaged hand.

"I fell" I lie.

I can tell she doesn't believe me but accepts my answer.

After a little while the tour guide tells us we're going to lunch and then a Q&A afterwards with the avengers.

We all make our way to the food court, the cards they gave us each have $15 on them.

I get a slice of pizza and a water and sit down, though I can't really bring myself to eat it.

Natasha's PoV-

I'm kinda concerned about that kid, he tried to hide his face but I saw the nasty bruises and when I asks him about his hand which was wrapped in a blooded bandage he said he fell, which is an obvious lie. He even walked as though he was in pain, something just doesn't seem right and I don't like it.

"Hey Steve do you know that kid? The one with the hood?" I ask him as we walk out the elevator into the living room.

"Yeah, weird kid, I didn't even see his face" he replies.

"That's because it's covered in bruises" I reply and he looks at me with a frown.

"Do you know what happened?" He asks.

"I dunno, something just feels off" I reply with an uneasy feeling.

"What feels off?" Tony asks as he walks I followed by Clint.

"Just a kid from the tour group, he seems so... broken" I reply.

"I wanna see what's making you care so much" Clint scoffs and leaves the room Tony smirking and following behind him.

***

Peter's PoV-

I listen to music cancelling out the overlapping chatter of ridiculously excited teenagers.

I feel a presence walk towards me and look up to see a guy sitting at the table I'm at.

"Hi mind if I sit here?" He asks ignoring the fact that he's already sitting.

"Who am I to tell you what you can and can't do?" I reply with a careless shrug.

"I'm Clint Barton" he says.

"Peter" I reply.

"So who's you're favourite avenger?" He asks with a smirk.

"Don't have one" I shrug.

"Come one everyone has a favourite avenger" he scoffs with slight amusement.

"Okay so if you could be locked in an elevator with one avenger, which one would it be?" He asks.

"Dr. Banner" I say which took him by surprise.

"What if he hulked-out, you'd be crushed" Mr. Barton replies.

"I think he has a pretty good grasp on the other guy, it's not like every little thing makes him hulk-out, plus he's probably the least likely to annoy me" I say and he smirks at my last remark.

"Yeah, he'd just stand there awkwardly wondering what to do" Mr. Barton says, we'll I disagree with that, the man has 7 PHD's he'd easily get us out of there.

Ms. Romanoff walks into the food court and looks around for a second until her eyes land on Mr. Barton.

She walks over grabs him by the collar and drags him out while he grins and waves at me.

---

Yeeeek hello, um this wasn't as depressing!! 😁

Word Count: 1250

- mayaaaa ✌🏼