Autism Awareness | 42

***this chapter is dedicated to my brother (Morgan) who probs won't read it but oh well.

It includes autism, for those of you that don't know what autism is a developmental disorder. Those with autism often are challenged with social skills, repetitive behaviour, and so on. It's a spectrum, meaning each person with autism is different. Some people may refer to people lower on the spectrum as high functioning, my family personally don't like this term and my brother actually finds it quite offensive.

To educate yourself more on the subject you can look it up. There's a lot about the subject that I can't cover but you can message me if ya want or just go on google! :)***

November 18th

The bell signalling the end of another day of school rang throughout the whole building just as I walked out the doors.

Today is an exciting day because I'm meeting up with Callie, ya know the girl from the subway that invited me to that amazing discord server? Yeah her!

I've been active a lot more on Discord recently that being because I'm not in a coma ya know?

Ooh you're probably curious about how I've been ya know because I was like genuinely on my death bed. Well even if you don't give a shit I'll update you anyway!

I'm great! So great in fact that Bruce and Nat are suspicious is to how I'm healing so quickly. I have a feeling they're gonna find out pretty soon... about well everything. Knowing Nat she'll probably be the first one to find out and she'll probably tell Clint who will definitely just tell everyone.

Buuuuuuuuuuut we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Right now I'm just making my way DOWNTOWN, WALKING FAST, FACES PASS AND I'M HOMEBOUND.

Fuck, I gotta stop doing that, I'm actually just making my way to the subway station to meet Cal but oh well.

*Le time skip cuz I can't write 😁*

"It sucks that we're the only ones in the server from New York" Callie says as we walk down the street, eating gummy worms and drinking monster.

"We should all meet up though, how awesome would that be?" I grin and she laughs.

"With you there, we'd probably end up doing something illegal" she replies with an amused scoff.

We get to her apartment, the neighbourhood she lives in is quite noisy, probably because there's so many people living in each small apartment.

"You wanna meet my family? It's just my mom and my older brother" she asks and I smile.

"Sure" I reply.

"Just a heads up, my brother is autistic" she says as she opens the door and walks through the door.

"Ma, I'm home!" She shouts out as I walk in behind her, closing the door behind me.

"I'm in the kitchen honey!" A woman, presumably her mother, shouts back.

"I brought a friend by the way" Callie says and I can practically hear her mother's confusion which I find rather amusing.

"You don't have any friends" her mother says and I snort causing Cal to punch me playfully in the arm.

"Thanks ma" Callie replies sarcastically.

Her mother then walks in and she looks at me in confusion yet happy that her daughter has friends.

"You didn't tell me it was a boy mija" her mother says to her and she mentally facepalms.

"Yeah this is Peter" Callie says and her mother smiles at me.

"It's a pleasure ma'am" I say holding my hand out for her to shake which she does.

"Such a sweet boy" she says with a smile, cupping my face and Callie laughs slightly.

"Ma leave him alone" she says in amusement.

"I need to finish the casserole" she says and walks off back to the kitchen.

"Come meet my brother" Callie chuckles and we walk over to the couch where a boy not much older than us is playing video games.

"Hey Carlos" she says sitting on the couch.

"Hello" he replies, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"I brought my friend" she says.

"Ma said you don't have any friends" Carlos says and I snort earning a playful glare from Callie.

"I do just not very much" she replies to him.

"Many" I correct her with a smirk, knowing how much she hates it when people correct other people's grammar.

"Oh shut up Pete" she rolls her eyes and I just laugh.

"COD huh? Nice" I say looking at the screen.

"You can play with me if you want, I'm in the lobby waiting for more players to join" Carlos says and I grin, grabbing a controller.

I just play the game with Carlos who is pretty fucking good at gaming not gonna lie dough.

"Damn we gotta 1v1" I say with a smirk after we finish a couple games.

"Yeah! That was an awesome game!" He replies.

"99% of the awesomeness came from me" I say jokingly but in over exaggerated way so he knows I'm joking.

"Oh yeah definitely" he says sarcastically.

"Carlos did you just use sarcasm?" Callie asks in surprise with a raised brow and I grin.

"Aye spend less than one hour with me and you'll be fluent in sarcasm, it's my first language" I smirk and she rolls her eyes again.

***

3rd Person PoV-

Peter eventually had to go and so they all said their goodbyes, Peter obviously giving Carlos his PSN so they can play PS4 together soon.

"He's such a nice boy Mija, I'm glad he's your friend, I've never seen someone interact with Carlos like that" Callie's mom said and engulfed her daughter into a huge hug.

"Yeah, most people treat him like he's an idiot but Pete just treated him like any other kid, he was a little carful with joking but when he did he made it clear he was, it was refreshing" Callie replied with a smile.

"You need to bring him more often mija" her mom said.

"Sure" Callie shrugs and walks back to the couch to play MarioKart with her brother.

———

Okayyyy sorry for not uploading recently heh 😅

Anyway I wrote this chapter because I wanted to educate people more on autism (to an extent). My brother is autistic and something I absolutely HATE is when people talk to him like a 5 year old like genuinely it makes me cringe.

So don't treat people with autism like they're fragile children, you'll find they're so much more alike to you than you think! :)

Word Count: 950

- mayaaa ✌🏼