Mission | 31

October 20th

I awake at 3 am to my phone ringing, I groan knowing it's probably Alaric.

I grab my phone and answer the call, "how kind of you to actually answer me" he says sarcastically.

"Shut up, what do you want?" I ask, sitting up.

"I have a mission for you, it should take a couple days, a week at most" he says and I sigh.

"Send me the details, I'll get back to you" I say.

"Sure kid, I heard you got an internship at SI, from Fury's told me Stark isn't exactly the type of guy you'd actually spend time with" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Tony isn't as bad as he portrays him as, just hides his insecurities with narcissistic behaviour and sarcasm" I say with a shrug.

"So he's you? Got it" he says.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I gotta go, you know sleep, you might not have heard of it but like it's this thing where you close your eyes, and your nervous system is relatively inactive and you're postural muscles are relaxed and consciousness is practically suspended, it's great you should try it" I reply sarcastically.

"That explanation was way too long" he says in amusement.

"I know. That's because I'm deprived of sleep. Which is your fault" I say.

"Fine fine, I'm hanging up now, go sleep" he says and hang up.

I toss my phone away and go back to sleep with a huff. Maybe I should do this mission, I've not really been in the field, I've don't local missions but they only take a few hours. I think I'm ready. I hope so.

***

October 20th

My eyes fluttered open as a ray of sun glimmer through the window between the small gap from the curtains.

I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes then grab my phone.

Alaric sent me the details for the mission last night so I check it out.

It's basically just to infiltrate a terrorist op in Somalia, release the hostages they're holding and tranquillise the captors so a team can detain them. Overall it's pretty simple, it should take a couple days, I better no get kidnapped again, that sucks.

Looks like I'm going to HQ.

I jump up from my bed and quickly get dressed.

Afterwards I pull out my phone and call Tony, I probably should've thought of an excuse beforehand but oh well.

"Yello?"

"Yellow? Really? Anyways I won't be at the tower for a couple days" I say as I put my shoes on.

"Again? Why? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything's fine, I'm going on a road trip with my new foster mom she's great, we're going to Boston then through Maine" I lie, though very believably.

"That's great kid! I'm glad this new living situation is working out, if you need anything just call me or any of us for that matter"

"I will, thanks Tony" I say with a smile.

"Is that Peter?"

"Yeah, go away Nat, I'm talking to him"

"1... 2..."

"Okay okay here"

I can't help but chuckle at their encounter and Tony passes the phone over to Nat.

"Hey детка, be safe okay"

"Of course мама паук, I gotta go, cya!" I say.

"Bye!"

"Bye kid!"

I end the call and put my phone in my pocket then head out.

I call an Uber, it rolls up and I hop in, sending Alaric a text saying I'm on my way to HQ.

I get there in 20 minutes, it would've been less but there was some traffic.

I jump out and make my way into the building, from the outside, it's just an old bar where nothing good happens.

Though in reality it's anything but...

I walk in, a few people turning their heads to see me. Did I tell you that the inside is just a bar too? No?

Well you see it's obviously just a cover, though most of the people who come here are mutants, some of them even aliens which is super fucking cool.

I go to the back of the room into a hallway which leads to what looks like an old elevator.

I walk in and a blue ray of light washes over me.

"Agent Parker, welcome back" an automated voice says.

"Thanks, take me to HQ" I say and the same blue ray comes over the whole elevator.

The doors open and I'm in a whole new place, a familiar place at that.

I walk out into the vast room of many highly trained desk agents.

Some turn their heads towards me, looking in shock, as though they couldn't believe their eyes.

I walk past them to the main elevator that's actually an elevator and not a teleportation machine.

I press the button that leads me to Alaric's office and the elevator starts to ascend upwards.

Soon I find myself just waltzing in through his office door.

"What's up fuckers" I say with a smirk and he sighs.

"I don't think you've ever knocked" he says and I grin childishly.

I jump on the couch in his office, he's just a lil extra so it's leather ooh fancy.

"This is like a Sebastian Stan $5000 couch you've got right here" I say and he just looks confused, oop better fix that 4th wall.

"Anyway, I assume you've read the details for the mission?" He asks and I nod.

"Good, you'll be getting a jet to the coordinates as soon as you're suited up, this is a stealth mission, and don't get kidnapped again because we won't be able to retrieve you for at least two weeks" he says and I nod along, obviously listening.

"Cool cool cool cool cool cool" I say and he just looks at me disapprovingly.

"Alright, go suit up and be at the runway, your jet takes off in 20 minutes don't be late" he waves off and I jump up.

"C'ya" I say and walk out, you'd think he could change the time it takes off, isn't that the whole point in having a private jet?

I go and suit up in my spider man suit, the black one, ya know the one from Far From Home that you might also know as Night Monkey. Oop there goes that fourth wall again.

Not long later I find myself boarding the jet.

"nabadeey" (goodbye) I say in Somali, waving at Ric.

"Gods this better end well" I hear him mutter under his breath.

The latch closes and I take my seat as the jet takes off.

This is gonna be a long few days...

———

Well dayum hope he doesn't die... and I'm writing the damn thing.

This is an early one as promised 😁

Word Count: 1100

- mayaaa ✌🏼