Grab A Box Of Tissues | 06

Peter's PoV-

Abuse.

It's all my life is now, it's all it's ever been, it's pathetic, I could easily stand up to him. I could easily beat him at his own game, but I don't.

Plus it isn't that bad, I've had worse, way worse, and if anyone found out that he hurt me, I could be put in much worse foster home.

You see I might only be 14 but I've been through hell and back more times than I can count.

Alright I'm gonna tell you a bit about myself so grab a box of tissues and try make it to the end of the chapter.

I was born in New York, the eldest child of four, I always thought that it was my obligation to protect my siblings and it was. So I did, I tried my hardest to protect them, you might think what I would have possibly needed to protect them from. The sad truth is that that danger was our own father, and his drunken friends, or even our mother on some occasions.

I spent years protecting my brothers and sister, during those years I earned more bruises than a little boy ever should. Even though it was hard to keep our father away from them, I still managed. I took every hit I could until I was knocked out.

Then one late Wednesday night when
I was 6 years old, it happened, something that set my father over the edge. My mom passed away, well she didn't just 'pass away' she died of a drug overdose. I guess her addiction got too much for her to handle. It might sound weird by I like to talk to her, I look to the sky and I feel as though she can hear me. It's stupid I know.

Sometimes I ask her why she left us, but I realise that she was a victim of abuse too, sometimes I even envy her.

My father was different when she died, he was more angry, less predictable like he could snap at any moment.

Then on one August night, I failed. I failed as an older brother, I failed as protector of my younger siblings. I was too weak, too slow, too pathetic.

On August 2nd Ava, Thomas and Patrick (Paddy) Parker died, nae they were killed (wow that was so dramatic), beaten to death by our own father. I should've died that day, I used to tell myself that I did all I could, heck I was hospitalised, on life support for nearly 2 months. Yet there isn't a day that goes by where I don't blame myself, where I don't wish that he took my life too.

Ava was only 4, she hadn't even started elementary school yet and that man who I will never call my father took away her life, her future. Tommy was only 2, he was barely out of diapers, and I was made to watch the life leave his eyes.

But Paddy, he was my other half, my twin brother, he was 6 like I was, they were all too young to die.

They didn't deserve it, any of it, I could've done more to help, but I didn't, I let them die and it will forever haunt me.

After that day, my father went to jail, and I went to live with my Aunt May and Uncle Ben, I was happy... for a little while. It's not unknown to me I am most definitely one of the most unlucky people to be alive. You see when I was 9 my Uncle was shot in front of my eyes, only 5 months later, my aunt took her own life. She didn't wanna be here anymore, she didn't want to suffer. She wanted to be with Ben. I don't blame her.

Me not having any living relatives meant I had to go into the system. And let me tell you, either the system is so unbelievably broken or Parker Luck™️ really is out to get me. Every home I've been to has been abusive or just ignored my existence. I prefer it when the just neglect me, but wouldn't you take that over being used as a punching bag?

I started taking up martial arts when I was nearly 6, I was just so angry all the time, I still am. That's when I realised I was different, I could do things others couldn't. I had abnormal strength and stamina, and was freakishly agile, over the years I found more about myself, I had strange abilities.

When I was 6, I was approached by a man named Alaric, he ran an organisation that trains people like me. They helped me harvest my powers, use them for good. It's basically like SHIELD but on a much larger scale, in fact, we've worked with SHIELD on many occasions.

Though most people at our organisation get recruited at around 16, making me the youngest. But even though I'm younger doesn't mean I'm any less experienced. I'm the best agent they've got, there's 10 levels, the recruits are level 1, the trainees are level 2, rookies are level 3, then there's the junior agents which are level 4, higher field agents which are level 5, then there's higher agents which are level 6, then there's Sargent, level 7, higher Sargent is level 8, intelligence agent is level 9 and master intelligence agent is level 10.

I'm level 10, which is of course the highest level, there's only 5 people who carry level 10 badges.

Me being some secret agent just makes my life even more pathetic, what kind of trained agent lets their own siblings die? What kind of hero who's stopped terrorists and fought in wars, let's themselves be abused by some pathetic drunk?

I've not been to the agency in a couple months, I still do missions but only in New York. Recently I lost some of my best teammates, we were stuck in a shoot out in Iraq, there was only 7 of us but thousands of them. I basically lead them to their death, I should've died alongside them, but my stupid enhanced healing didn't let that happen.

I didn't only loose my teammates I lost my friends, my brothers and sisters, the people I had known since I was 6 years old.

Jace

Liam

Dominic

Ethan

Zoey

Michelle (not MJ guys chill)

I lost people on the job before that but these weren't just my teammates they were my family Jace especially, I've never really been the same since. I can hardly sleep anymore because all I see is that night they died. I won't admit it to anyone but Ric but I suffer from severe PTSD and survivors guilt according to my therapist. Not just any therapist though, that would take a lot of explaining to do. No the agency has them, a lot of our guys just need to talk about it.

I became Spider-Man not too long ago, I've always wanted to help people, now I've learned the only way to do that is alone.

As you can probably tell, I've lost a lot of people, I'm more closed off, more distant. I can't get close to anyone because they'll just die like everyone else in my life.

I wish my life isn't what it is, I wish I could just be normal.

But I never get what I wish for and that's not gonna stop now.

———

Ummm... well this was depressing 😅

Btw I changed Pete's life a lot, Idk why, giving him siblings just felt right and it made the story more... interesting... angsty...?

Word Count: 1250

- mayaaaa ✌🏼