STUBBORN HEARTS

By sufnic

A first attempt at expressing my imagination. It is a story about a young aspiring politician and a headstro... More

Introduction
🤵👰
😄 And we are Progressing
1. Characters (Edited)
2. Handsome Street goon (edited)
3. Beauty without brain (Edited)
4. The unwanted visit (Edited)
5.B'day surprise and lunch(Edited)
6. Dare you!! Mr. Rajveer (Edited)
7. Exams can't judge my excellence (Edited)
8. I am impressed! (Edited)
9. A Promising leader (Edited)
10. At your service (Edited)
11. She's y😍ur biggest fan (edited)
12. Mr. hotshot CM gets pranked??
13. Wedding vibes
14. Shopping spree and a shocking spree
15. Settling the thoughts
16. Marriage, who?
17. How to keep your husband interested?
18. Best friends forever
19. The Most Awaited Night
20. Getting closer
21. Intoxicated at Holi
22. Pre Wedding Rituals
23. The Wedding
24. The announcement
25. Life back home
26. Action packed Date
27. Heartfelt talks
28. Unannounced Visitors
29. Father isn't in the picture
30. Narrow Escape
31. Main Viah nahi krona tere nal
32. Seal the Deal
33. Come, Find me.
35. The Action continues
36. The devil's lair
38. Just like that
39. Just do it
40. Hospital visit
41. Night at Hospital
42.Sweetheart?
43. Stupid or Childish ?
Bonus: Sidelines
45. Angry and New
46. Brand New Beginnings
49. Trial marriage husband

34. The Action begins

103 16 2
By sufnic

Press the ⭐ down there before proceeding.

Author's pov:

"Miss, we've reached."

Mani was awakened by the loud voice of the driver who accompanied her to reach her new destination. She was worn out at the occurrence of unexpected events and her pregnancy as she nodded in daze and got down from the vehicle.

She was escorted by him towards the building at front, as he received the nods of the people standing at various points like entry, corridor, and a place like common room.

He directed her towards a narrow hallway and reached at the end of the corridor. Opening a door he ushered her in.

"The necessities will be supplied soon. And rest of the things will be carried out tomorrow. You should retire for the day."
He ordered the fearful looking woman and felt righteous about the decision he had taken to leave all this behind.
He gestures her to go inside and locked the door from outside.

In the vicinity of the same building a group of people sat working in front of computer screens, conducting an undercover investigation.

It was not the first time when Rajveer was conducting an operation undercover. But this time he wasn't going to be physically involved and was going to remain behind the scene which was going to be a difficult task in itself.

Currently they were seated inside a van parked at a secluded corner with the other accompanying ones a bit from there at different points. It was not very far from the worn down building which was the present hideout of the criminal group that was being monitored by Rajveer and his subordinate team.

"The cameras are fixed and working perfectly, sir.
And we have received access to all previous recordings and their surveillance devices.

The mole chosen, has sent new leads and all these are already being assessed."

The Chief of the team who was responsible for directly reporting to the big boss aka Rajveer Singh Randhawa, supplied the updates to him.
Receiving a stern nod in return from their stiff looking team leader.

"Don't miss anything caught on the cameras, specially the recordings of recent days.

Keep a detailed note of the number of their people inside and the arms they carry.

And trace the location of the place where victims are being kept carefully.

I don't want a single casualty on our side."

Rajveer ordered a series of instructions to the officer reporting, giving him a signal of dismissal.

As soon as he left, Rajveer rubbed his throbbing temples in agony.
He was furious at the lack of justice his people were suffering for so long.

The agony of other undiscovered problems that innocent people must have been suffering due to carelessness of previous persons in power.

He was determined to eliminate these pests as soon as possible in the most subtle manner. Afterall it doesn't come under the protocol of a CM to conduct such ground level operations.

He had spent endless days restless nights for putting the plan into action. And he wasn't going to backout or let it suffer any backlashes.

It had been two days since he had left his home, briefly informing his family about his whereabouts. He was currently busy in his familial commitments, in the eyes of public and media.

So he was least bothered about keeping check on his phone thus it was out of power and resting at the farthest corner of the nearby drawer. Connecting it to power, he brought it to life.
Calmly going through his mails and missed calls, a text from his Tivali caught his eyes.

"Come, find me."

He read the three vague words and shook his head thinking it as another way of attracting his attention, which never got diverted from her in the first place.

"Must be her another prank."
He thought to himself, remembering her beautiful and cheerful self, momentarily.

Coming out of hai thoughts he dialled his assistant to get a brief of the updates about the things he was supposed to know.

They went through a series of discussion about many things and lastly his family and fiance.

"Rest of the things are well, sir.
Sir if i may ask, have you talked to Ms. Dhillon recently?"

Jay, his timid assistant asked Rajveer.

"No. Is there something urgent?
And how do you know about it?"
Rajveer asked him instead trying to keep the edge off his voice.

"Actually, Ms. Dhillon had called me yesterday. And she sounded quite urgent on the call, asking me to call you.
I wanted to ask her further but I couldn't."

Jay explained about his situation carefully. It was difficult being stuck in between his stubborn and moody boss and his wife.

"Alright.
Keep me updated."
Rajveer hanged up the call and hurriedly dialled the number of Navneet.

The call was out of reach and Rajveer was out of patience.

"What the hell."
Rajveer groaned in annoyance and the his phone at opposite seat and pulled at his hair.

He was trying to calm himself down after talking to their respective families for the information on her whereabouts.

They all thought she must be fast asleep without the care of the world after having a hectic night yesterday.
However he was having a very bad feeling about it.

He was pondering in his mind for the last few hours helplessly as he was unable to track her down himself while being involved here.

Things used to be so easier before she arrived in my life.

His reverie of thoughts was disturbed by a single knock on his window. He allowed the person in maintaining a composed look and giving him a nod to proceed.

"Sir, the victims are placed in the basement near the back entrance of the building and there are about 50 people inside.

It seems like they are planning to move them.
We must act soon."

Rajveer mentally assessed their findings and future course of action.

"What about arms present?"
He asked again.

"They don't carry any advance weapons. There are about 10 bigger guns and rest are mere toys for my boys. We have actually a big advantage there."

Rajveer gave him a nod of approval and folded his hands in front of his chest.

" What about the woman from last night?"
Rajveer asked about Mani, whom they had detected from last night recordings. But were unaware of her identity.

"The mole didn't disclose much sir, except that she is placed away from rest of the people and continues to receive different treatment."

They were still doubtful about her identity and the role she was playing in this hellhole.

The night was falling and the evacuation team was inside their vehicles except those who were keeping an eye.

A day had already passed since they were placed here and were waiting for the right time to strike.

While Rajveer was laying on the couch in his van with his eyes closed. His forearm placed above his eyes as he collected his thoughts. He had already instructed Jay to track Navneet using the microchip placed in the platinum kada(bangle).

He was waiting for his call anxiously. Hoping that she didn't invite a new trouble this time again.

His phone buzzed with an incoming call at the same time when his window was knocked quite hardly.
Ignoring his phone he went ahead you receive the update instead.

"Sorry to disturb you, sir."
A bulky looking middle aged man spoke politely.

"What is it?"
Rajveer asked directly not bothering about courtesy.

"Two women sneaked in through the back doors, sir."

Rajveer's eyes widened at the piece of information.

"Who are they?"
He asked quickly.

"Not known, sir.
But the way they are hiding in, it is clear that they are not from their side.
We are trying to locate them using the visuals from inside, at the moment."
The officer reported.

"Let us go."
Rajveer paced towards the vehicle to confirm the gravity of the situation.
Silently praying that the things won't get complicated because of uninvited fools.

Bursting inside the vehicle, Rajveer squinted his eyes on the litup screen trying to catch the culprits and burn them in pits of hell.

"Where are they?"
He asked impatiently.

"They are hiding behind the blue cannisters for quite sometime now.
I guess they are planning to sneak inside the building."

The nerd guy kept his opinion in a low voice, fearing to enrage him further.

"Look, there they are."
Rajveer narrowed his eyes and brought his face forward trying to identify the back of one of the petite woman which seemed familiar to him.

They were dressed in dark clothes and had kept their faces under disguise, looking in multiple directions as they moved ahead discreetly.

"Hmm.
They are not the part of this group. It seems they are quite scared in pursuing their plan further."

The team leader from earlier spoke from one side.

" They must be here to rescue someone they know.
Maybe family?"
Another speculated.
Rajveer rubbed his jaw in frustration.

"Whoever they are, bring them out. I don't want our plan to be ruined just because somebody wants to play police here.

Don't forget to gag them first and keep them away from these vehicles.
Women are noisy creatures when things don't go their way."

He stood up at once and left the place, leaving his dumbfounded co-members wondering behind.

"I'm going to get some fresh air." The people present obediently nodded their heads and gave him way.

Strolling on the secluded road Rajveer dialled his assistant's number.

"Will i have to call you everytime i ask you to get some information?"
Raj hissed as soon as the call was connected.

"I'm sorry, sir. I was about to call you back."

"Whatever.
Tell me, where is she?"
Rajveer directly asked his concerns.

"About that,
I connected with Ms. Dhillon's bodyguard.
But her whereabouts are not known yet."
Jay replied.

" What about her friend? "
Rajveer enquired.

"We went through the cctv footage.
Ms. Mani left the apartment earlier in late night. And Ms. Dhillon arrived next day and left next early morning too. They both were quite in hurry.

According to our speculations , Ms. Dhillon followed Ms. Mani somewhere.

But nothing is clear yet.
As her tracker is still inside the apartment."
Jay supplied igniting his senses. Suddenly he realised the meaning behind the vague words of her earlier text.
As it was already late, he could only hope that she will not indulge herself in any dangerous situation, which was quite difficult in her case.

Soon Rajveer was interrupted by another incoming call.

"Keep an eye on apartment.
Inform me at once you find something."
Rajveer connected the other call.

" Sir Mr. Shergill will be here by tomorrow. He is boarding his jet at the moment."
Raj hummed at the information.

" Also the face of one of the woman was caught on the camera earlier."
The person added.

" Send me the picture."
Rajveer asked as he made his way back.

Later his phone pinged at the new notification.
He opened it at once and was laft flabbergasted as he observed the familiar face in the picture.

And whispered a small 'Amreen' under his breath.

¥^^^¥°°°¥°°°°¥°°°°¥°°°¥°°°¥°°°°¥

Heya guys, another update.
It was not that long but I'm trying to build up the plot yet.

I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Feel free to correct me at mistakes.
Vote and comment in loads. And maybe I'll update sooner next time.

Follow the account for every kind of announcements and love the story, please.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 818 20
Some random one shots about Haylor
62K 2.4K 22
Sequel to 'Innocent Eyes' All grown up, Cameron has returned home from Flordia after a year. She has missed being near her brother and friends. Now...
90K 1.9K 27
"Why?" I ask him, partly frustrated and partly angry that he pulled away from me. "Why what?" He responds, his eyes still gleam in this lighting. "W...
923K 36.5K 59
[Completed] There's a famous French saying, "être reconnaissant pour la vie", it means 'Be grateful for life. But would anyone feel the same when H...