WHAT COMES AFTER; twd (2)

By cierakay_

"𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚" What comes after? Jane's journey continues but i... More

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧; 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧; 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
SPIN OFF BOOK (coming soon?)

𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

810 21 13
By cierakay_

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"Save.. Him"
——

Hilltop mobilizes to ambush the Saviors and Rick, Maggie, Jane, Carol, Michonne, Daryl and Rosita discuss their plan of attack. "We'll stick to this road, keep to the trees, we'll get there quicker" Daryl determines as he points to certain areas on the map that Gregory brought in when he returned. "Yeah, if they're planning anything, we'll see it" Rosita states and Jane nods her head. "You think you can trust Gregory?" Michonne wonders.

"Honestly, no but it's the closet we'll probably get" Jane declares and Maggie nods in agreement. "I locked him up inside the house. He knew we wouldn't let him walk around free. He knew he was coming to back to that" Maggie states and Jane nods. "True. He'd have to believe in the saviors a whole lot to send us into a trap thinking it would work out for him" Jane declares as she looks around at the group. "Unless Dwight didn't tell him and that asshole could be setting us up" Daryl says before Rick grabs the map and puts it in his pocket.

Morgan looks around Hilltop, confused and out of sorts. He strides aggressively towards Alden and the Saviors and knocks someone to the ground before realizing it's Henry. Jane, Maggie and the rest of the group go towards the altercation and look at Morgan confusingly. "Morgan, what happened?" Jane asks while Morgan paces back and fourth. "They we're coming in" Morgan states referring to the Saviors. "I asked Maggie and Jane if we could clear the walkers from the wall. We... drew them away so we wouldn't have to worry about em when we rolled out" Alden states and Jane nods in agreement. "He's right".

Rick suggests to Morgan that he stay back, but Morgan vows to finish the Saviors. "Why'd you say when we roll out? You and the rest of them are not coming with us" Jane states as her and Maggie turn their direction towards Alden. "You can stay here. You're not one of us" Maggie states before she and Jane stride away from him together.

"You sure you want to go with Rick and the rest of them?" Maggie asks and Jane nods her head. "I'll be fine" Jane states before she pulls Maggie in for and hug and leaves with Rick, Michonne, Jesus, Rosita, Daryl, Morgan, Carol, Ezekiel, and Jerry and they all start marching to battle.

Rick leads a scout team to spy on Lance and Duke's group as they set up a road block. Carol begins to count down and when she's finished Jane and few others stand up and walk closer towards the Savior's in the road and shoot them all dead which surprisingly brings Jane joy. "Rick" Jane calls out as she finds a map with a time and a place on it, and hands it to Rick. Rick radios Maggie with the new ambush location indicated on the map.

Jane and the rest of the group meet up with Maggie and begin to travel on foot. Rick's army crosses a field and Jesus has a conversation with Morgan up front and suggests Morgan abstain from killing people by reserving the sharp end of his stick for walkers and the blunt side for the living when all of a sudden a massive herd looms in the distance. "You ever seen one that big?" Jerry asks and Jane shakes her head. "Not at all" Jane answers as she looks over to Rick as the sun beams down on all of them. "Things are changing" Rick declares before him and the rest of the group continue to travel on foot and Ezekiel let's them know they're getting closer.

Rick's army advances to the ambush spot. Whistling begins just as it did on the night Glenn and Abraham died. Everyone puts up their weapons and point them in every direction as the whistling echo's in their ears. "Well, damn, Rick, look at that. Pegged again. Pegged so very hard" Negan states as he reaches Rick via walkie. "I ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush" Negan states and Jane closes her eyes taking a breather knowing that she can't let the Savior's win this war. "How about you step out and face us?" Rick shouts out loud. "Oh, I am everywhere, Rick. Some more bullhorns, more walkies. Pick a direction to run. See how you do. Make it fun for all of us. Guess what else I did. I brought you some of your old friends" Negan taunts and Jane grips her rifle tightly in her hand as she looks in every direction, waiting for Negan.

"You remember your old buddy Eugene? Well, he is the person that made today possible. Same goes for Dwighty boy here. Incase you were wondering, he didn't team you on purpose. No, he is just a gutless nothin that sucks at life, and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die, and he's gonna live with that" Negan rants and Jane rolls her eyes annoyed at his voice and ready to kill him already. "Gabriel, he's got to go too. We are cleaning house today, Rick. And then... there's you. It never had to be a fight. You just had to accept how things are. So... here we go. Congratulations, Rick" Negan says before the walkie cuts off and Jane looks around at her people confused as the silence fills the air.

"Three! Two..." Negan shouts and suddenly Negan and the Saviors appear on the crest of a nearby hill in a massive line and open fire, but their guns malfunction. The guns explode in their hands, killing many Saviors and injuring much of those who survived, including Negan. "Kill them all!" Jane shouts and Rick and the rest of the army charges to battle with their weapons up and immediately opening firing. Jane sees Negan getting away and begins chasing after him. "He's getting away!" Jane shouts as Maggie follows her and begin shooting any live Savior's they see.

Maggie, Jane, Michonne, Siddiq, Ezekiel and many more people run up on another group of Savior's who aren't holding their weapons. "Don't shoot. Please. We're done. It's over" The women states and Jane bites her lip wanting to kill them all immediately. "Jane—" Maggie stops and stands in front of Jane's rifle. "They're on there knees" Maggie states and Jane shakes her head slowly as she looks into Maggie's eyes. "Please" Maggie begs and Jane sighs before she puts her rifle down and looks at the Savior's surrendering.

The army and along with multiple other Savior's follow the shooting and see Rick and Negan at a tree fighting hand to hand, where a framed stained glass window hangs from and it's obvious Negan has gained the upper hand. Jane starts to stride towards the fight but Michonne and Maggie grab ahold of her before she can get closer. "Let me go!" Jane shouts and snatches her body away from them. "Rick can do this" Michonne states and Jane scoffs, "He's loosing! I can end this right now with one bullet!" Jane argues and Maggie snatches Jane's rifle out of her hands. "Maggie—". "I'm not letting you do this because you and I know Rick can do this. Rick will kill him" Maggie declares and Jane locks eyes with Maggie, slightly disappointed she wouldn't let her kill Negan.

Rick asks Negan to grant him ten seconds to describe the future Carl envisioned and Negan acquiesces but Rick suddenly slits Negan's throat with a shard of glass. Jane watches in glory as Negan falls to the ground clutching at his bleeding neck. Jane lets out a breath of relief, the first one se has since that horrific night. Glenn... Joslyn... Abraham and Carl were avenged. All of them. So she thought.

"Save him" Rick orders and Jane's happiness fades away. "What?" Jane questions as Siddiq rushes to Negan saving him. "No! No!" Jane screams as she lunges towards Rick. "Jane—" Maggie calls out as her and Michonne grab ahold of her. "Ugh!" Jane grunts as she elbows both Maggie and Michonne in nose, knocking them to the ground. "You have got to be kidding me!" Jane shouts as she rushes towards Rick and punches him across the face. "He killed Glenn! Abraham! Joslyn!" Jane shouts as she bends down towards Rick and punches him over and over again.

"We— We have to" Rick coughs out while tears uncontrollably slide down Jane's cheeks. "We were supposed to end it! Kill him!" Jane shouts as she covers her mouth and sobs uncontrollably while looking to Rick. "It's over— Jane! It's over!" Maggie shouts as she rushes to Jane and starts dragging her away from Rick. "No! It can't be! It can't be over as long as he's alive!" Jane cries out as Maggie holds her close. "I hate you! You're no better than him!" Jane cries out as she looks to Rick who is getting helped up by Michonne. "Why!" Jane sobs as Maggie holds her close. Rick orders the Saviors to return home and proclaims that Negan's rule is over. He points to the massive herd in the distance and declares that they must unite to fight the walkers, the real threat.

"No! No!" Jane cries out. "Let's go back to Hilltop..." Maggie whispers and Jane shakes her head slowly. "I will.. I will.. I need to go back home first. My home with Glenn" Jane breathes out and Maggie nods her head. "Okay..." Maggie agrees as she holds Jane close while she cries it out. Jane sniffles her tears back in and looks to Siddiq helping Negan. She looks at Negan and looks at him with a deadly expression on her face. A face of vengeance that she and everyone else deserves for the misery he put them through.

Jane went back to Alexandria after many long weeks. She couldn't look Rick in his eyes on the way there and to be fair she didn't want anything to with him at the moment. Jane went straight towards her and Glenn's house and put her hand on the door knob but didn't walk in. She didn't want to be reminded of memories of him but she knew as long as Negan was live she would be. Jane opened the door to the house and stepped right in, shutting the door behind her and tears immediately ran down her face.

Jane walked towards the living room and saw the picture of her baby ultrasound on the wall. She took it off the wall and held it in her hands gracefully as she looks down at it. Jane sets the picture down and slowly makes her way towards their bedroom where the closet door is opened. Jane walked towards the closet and pulled out Glenn's hat that sat at the top of the shelf and couldn't help but smile. "This hat went through a lot" Jane jokes before she wipes the tears that stain her cheeks and sniffle in her tears that want to come out as she gently sets the hat down on their bed.

Jane pulled out Glenn's maroon shirt and at this point she couldn't hold her tears in even if she tried. Her fingers gripped the soft material and for an second, she just leans her head against it and seconds pass when she is suddenly weeping into his shirt. (THANKS MegxPeg for this whole sentence <3)

Jane packed a bag of her and Glenn's clothes, the ultrasound picture and took a few little knickknacks around the house. She looked around the house she called home and cleared her throat before she left it for good. Before Jane could leave Alexandria she saw Rick and Michonne leaving the infirmary. Jane looked down at her boots and remembered her knife is still in one of them. She pulled the blade out of her boot and walked towards the infirmary,
not caring who seen her. She set her duffle bag down at the door and walked into the infirmary seeing Negan lying on the hospital bed with a bandage around his neck.

"Widow..." Negan breathes as Jane slides her knife across the wall as she walks towards him. "It's Jane Rhee but I'm good with the little nickname you have going on for me. You like nicknames I see. Like the one you have for your bat what is it... oh Lucille" Jane states as she clicks her tongue and stands up against the wall. "I feel like I've heard that name before... Lucille. Lucille... Smith. Pancreatic cancer" Jane states and Negan widens his eyes at Jane's words.

"My mother had cancer so I went to every appointment and every chemo treatment to help her as best as I could. Lucille sat next to my mother and I grown to like her. Most of the time I wasn't even going to my mothers chemo treatments for her, I was going for Lucille. To see how she's doing. She told me about about her cancer and many... many other things and I hate to say it but she would hate who you have become... well not like you were a perfect husband anyway" Jane sighs as she shrugs her shoulders. "What would you know about us, anyway!?" Negan asks and Jane sits against the wall, a smirk decorating her lips, "She told me, you know when you skipped out on her treatments to sleep around, I was the one she talked to when it should have been you. She told me about your cheating and childish ways. How she hated that she wasn't enough." Jane rants and as the words hit Negan, it's suddenly like a wave of grief hits him. "Please stop." he begs.

"What was that?" Jane asks as she looks to Negan. "Stop!" Negan shouts before letting out a harsh cough. She abruptly stands, her fists shaking by her side. "How dare you?! you murder my husband, the love of my life, my sister and beg me to stop! because your wife is off limits! She would hate you, she should, because you're a monster! Glenn was a better man than you could ever be. So that's why i won't kill you because you don't deserve to be with her when I can't be with him. but lets be clear here, if you ever step one single toe out of line, I will kill you in the slowest, most brutal way possible, got it?" and with that, she walks away feeling as if the pain of losing him was gone for a single second before it rained down again.

THANKS MegxPeg for the amazing sentences that I included in this chapter!!!!!

WORD COUNT: 2462

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 8.9K 47
"there's a new sheriff in town!" "a damn good one too" - [carl grimes x fem!oc] [dixon] [twd season 3 - 8] [slowburn] It gets a lot better as you rea...
39.5K 912 52
A year and a half after the war with Negan ends, CJ and her husband continue to survive and live to build their future, surrounded by friends and the...
853K 23.6K 128
June Gomez has lost everyone she's ever loved and survived the end of the world. When she stumbles across a group, she's determined to prove herself...
224K 4.8K 72
" Children shouldn't play with guns." " Who said I was playing ?" Maya Rosewood was twelve years old when the turn happen. Dead rose to eat the livi...