The Rules

By mskimami

Anxious to settle in and start reconnecting to her old life she remembers as a young girl, she doesn't realiz... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 22

1.4K 88 10
By mskimami

Jungkook asked quietly, "OK, are you ready?" She nodded, took a breath, and then she felt 4 pairs of hands helping lift her onto her feet. Ami winced and let out a short staggered breath, "watch my ribs...". Jimin and Hobi looked at each other and lifted the back of her shirt, and they could see bruises start to form. "Oh baby.. " Jimin said, holding back tears. Hobi looked like he was about ready to murder someone.

Namjoon spoke quietly in her ear, "How do you feel, can you walk?" They could feel her sway as she stood up, and they adjusted to keep her upright.

"Give me a moment.." Ami said with her eyes closed. She could start to feel her muscles ache, she just wanted to get to the apartment so she could lie down, she needed to push through a little longer. "Let's go," she whispered. They slowly helped her outside into the front seat of the van. The van door closed and she closed her eyes. Namjoon sat behind her and wrapped his arms around her seat to hold her shoulders. She could hear them quietly talking as the van carefully drove back to the apartment, although she couldn't make out what they were saying.

She felt the van stop moving and heard the engine turn off, Namjoon was in her ear again. "Ami, we're home." As the door opened she looked over and he gave her a soft smile as he helped her out of the van.

Mr. Su and Pak were waiting for them when they arrived. They were both shocked to see the state she was in when the boys helped her out of the van. Mr. Su jumped to help support her on one side while Namjoon had the other. "Dr. Lee is here." she heard one of them tell one of the boys as they helped her. "If you need an ambulance let me know, and I'll call one for her."

She noticed her legs were starting to feel heavier the closer they got to the apartment. "I just need to lay down," she muttered. "Soon" she heard someone say back to her. It was almost too much, she was starting to struggle.

Dr. Lee met them at the door of the apartment when they arrived, his heart sank when he saw her. Her clothes were ripped and her arms were covered in red marks that soon would be bruised. Her face was starting to show a black eye forming along with marks on her cheeks. The boys looked upset and devastated, he gestured for them to bring her over to the kitchen where he had supplies already set up on the counter. Namjoon and Yoongi stayed by her side as the Dr. came up to examine her.

"Ami, can you open your eyes for me?" He asked softly. She opened her eyes and tried hard to focus on him. "We are going to need to help you change your clothes, OK?" She nodded at him. He looked at Jimin, "do you have anything else for her to change into?"

"Yes, just a second." Jimin ran to the guest room and grabbed some clothes she had there.

"Namjoon, stand behind her and support her while we do this." As he slid behind her, he moved his hands down to rest on her hips to keep her steady. She leaned back into his chest and relaxed. She liked the feeling of his strong hands on her waist and focused on that feeling to stop feeling the pain that was creeping throughout her body.

"OK, dear, do you want the boys to stay for this next part? We need to get you into clean clothes." The doctor was opening bandages and getting ointment ready to use.

"Please stay." She whispered. "If you want to, that is." Nobody moved. They had all been through so much that night, seeing her change her clothes was the least of anyone's concerns. They just needed her to be OK. They all came closer to help with whatever the doctor needed.

Jimin got her shirt ready and stood next to her, locking eyes with her. "Hey, we will do this slowly, OK?" She nodded and closed her eyes. As she closed her eyes her head began to spin and she felt dizzy. "Ami? Hey.. hold her... doctor?." Namjoon's hands instantly tightened on her waist and she could feel Jin and Yoongi grab her from each side as her head fell to the side a little.

Dr. Lee quickly took her head in his hands and looked into her eyes, "Do you need to sit down?" Dr. Lee asked. The look of concern was not lost on the group.

"I'm OK... I'm OK...I'm spinning." Ami spoke quietly, she was trying to steady herself from being so dizzy.

Dr. Lee looked at Yoongi and Jin, "Get her arms free and her shirt over her head, while I examine her. We need to do this quickly."

They nodded and helped her maneuver her arms out of her shirt while the doctor quickly started pressing around her stomach and tending to her bruises. Tears came to her eyes as he was pushing on her ribs and she gasped a little when he hit tender spots. Jungkook was almost in tears watching her be in so much pain. Tae looked at Jungkook, "Come on, let's get her some water while they do this." and he led him away while they helped her.

Namjoon looked down and noticed her back was covered in bruises, he gave a heartbroken look to Jimin and then leaned in and kissed the back of her head. She went through too much this time, he thought. When he kissed her he could feel her relax in his arms again. He put his head down next to hers and she could feel his breath on her neck. She leaned her head into his.

"Ami, your ribs are bruised, so I'm going to wrap them." The doctor was quickly getting supplies out of his bag. "Mmmmm" Ami responded, not paying attention to what was happening. She felt like she wasn't even in her own body.

As the doctor started wrapping her ribs, she let out a gasp and was instantly present again. The pressure of the wrap on her was almost too much. "It will help, I promise," Namjoon whispered in her ear.

"You are doing so good, hang in there, he's almost done." Yoongi was telling her as she looked up toward the ceiling for any amount of relief, tears falling from her eyes.

"Done." The doctor said, Jimin and Hobi quickly helped her get her clean shirt on and Ami started to calm down and relax as she was getting used to the pressure the wraps had on her body.

"Can you tell me what happened tonight?" Dr. Lee said. He wanted to keep her talking to assess if she had a concussion.

Ami slowly ran through the entire night from the work party to what they were doing right now. As she was telling the story the doctor nodded at Namjoon. He unbuttoned her pants and they hit the floor. Jimin helped her step out of them and Jin kicked them off to the side. They helped her step into the shorts and pulled them up for her. Namjoon re-positioned his hands again to give her support.

The guys were reliving what they heard over the phone, but with all the details. Tears came to their eyes as they realized how hard she had to fight, and what she had gone through. As she finished with the details the doctor was done wrapping her wounds. "Please... I need to sit." She stammered. "Let's move her to the couch." He said gently.

Jin moved and let Namjoon take over his side and he and Yoongi helped her walk over and carefully sit down. Just sitting felt so much better for her, she leaned back on the couch and let out a sigh.

Jungkook brought her some water and sat down next to her. Namjoon was at her other side, he pulled a blanket over and they wrapped her in it. "Drink this," Jungkook said with a small smile. "Thanks, Kook." Ami accepted the water and slowly sipped on it. The cool water felt so refreshing after the long night. The fuzz in her head was starting to clear, but she still felt not 100% present.

"She has a lot of bruising and scrapes, the worst being on her ribs... But nothing appears to be broken. She should be healed up in a couple of weeks." Then he turned and looked at her, "after hearing what you went through, you are extremely lucky you are even here. If you wouldn't have acted as fast as you did, all of you, it could have been so much worse."

The collective stress of the room seemed to relax hearing the news she was ultimately going to be OK. Jin asked, "Do you know why she has been so dizzy?" Namjoon looked up at the doctor, he was worried about the same thing.

"She went through a lot, so her body is handling it the best it can. She needs rest and time." He said with a reassuring smile as he looked at Namjoon. He could tell he was the most worried of the group and he needed to hear that more than anyone. Namjoon nodded, understanding what the doctor was saying. He looked back at Ami and tilted his head and smiled at her, she reached over and he took her hand softly in his.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning to check on you, get some good rest." He smiled at her, amazed she came out as good as she did from the attack.

"Thank you again, Dr. Lee," Ami said with a tired smile. Everyone thanked him and Jin walked him to the door. "If you have any additional concerns, call me immediately. I'll bring some pain medicine tomorrow. She can't have any tonight, we need to know how she is feeling and if she starts to feel worse." He told Jin. "She's one tough girl." and with that, Dr. Lee left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

627K 18.4K 65
She never understood the chaos she was becoming. Everybody warned her, her mind and soul told her to stay away; but what she felt for him was stronge...
1.2K 26 25
"What's fine? You held it in for so long and I know you're silently crying" "When you feel like this again, please . . . Don't leave yourself for too...
1.4M 25.5K 33
She closes her eyes for a brief moment taking in the feeling of his touch all over her body. "They'll notice us gone" she whimpered wanting to leave...
1.8K 178 12
"you can't break someone with love." "you haven't tried," -he loved her so much that every other hand reminded her of him, the kisses, the hugs all f...