LOVE UNIVERSE

By PurpleLightARMY

Watching a human's death reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up f... More

Prologue
Introduction
Achievements
ՏᎬαŽͺՏϴΝ ϴΝᎬ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
ՏᎬαŽͺՏϴΝ ͲᏔϴ
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
ՏᎬαŽͺՏϴΝ ͲᎻ᎑ᎬᎬ
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114 (The Last)
Epilogue
Authors's Note

Chapter 64

132 39 98
By PurpleLightARMY

It all happened in a quick span of time. One moment Yoon Min walked away from Seokjin during a cold night on the beach, another moment she got to know a heart-shattering news and the next moment she was in a taxi, on her way to the hospital. Fingers and feet unable to stay still, each 10 of them were shaking in their places. Trying her best not to let out any sort of sobs, her throat felt choked, her chest felt too tight and constricted to breathing.

Seokjin met with an accident.

How much more dreadful could it be?

The taxi arrived at the hospital in some time. She shut the door and ran inside, hastening her way to the receptionist and asked her about his whereabouts. The woman seemed like she was expecting her and told her he was under a surgery now. She informed her where to go so that's where she headed.

She honestly didn’t expect he would be going through a surgery. So she had to assume he was in a bad condition. Due to all the concerned thoughts surrounding Seokjin swirling through her head, she couldn’t help but feel her stomach squirming and heart clenching painfully. She found it surprising she hadn't dropped a single tear yet. But she knew she was about to.

Running to the operation theatre, she was welcomed by the presence of Jisoo in the waiting room, knees trembling and her hands joint together in a form of praying. She herself didn’t look good, her forehead was bandaged along with her left arm. Her fast footsteps caught her attention so she lifted her head and stood up, as if she was relieved to see her.

“Ms. Kim! Oh my God, are you okay?” Yoon Min ran to her and took the courage to grab her arms to scan her thoroughly.

Jisoo nodded her head and explained, “I-I don't know what happened. We were on the road after we rented a car a-and he asked me something and then it happened...I knew he wasn’t concentrating and he didn’t see the car coming and--”

Yoon Min didn’t let her finish because she knew it was hard for her to talk about. She immediately cut her off, “It's alright, Ms. Kim. What matters is you're good now.”

“Who says I'm good?” She argued in her usual rude tone. “I got these wounds and bruises on my face, my arm numb temporarily, and my boyfriend under operation!” She yelled at the end, tears forming in her eyes.

Yoon Min didn’t know what to do. All her eyes could focus was on the lighting sign above the operation room, thinking Seokjin was in there, knives and other sharp things going through his body. His life on the hands of doctors. And the thought of him fighting for life made her whole world crash down silently. It was the extraordinary painful feeling of herself in the same condition as him, except she was conscious.

“Almighty, save him.” she prayed, a tear appearing in her eye.

After almost two hours, the surgeons came out, removing their masks and making their way towards Jisoo, his guardian. Although Yoon Min could have the chance to stand beside her and hear their words, she was feeling odd due to her place in his life. Nevertheless, the doctors said he was out of danger miraculously. Jisoo almost fainted there due to over-happiness and thanked the doctors a lot. Yoon Min didn’t do much, her anxious heart calmed down finally and she smiled a little, thanking Almighty silently for not disappointing her.

Seokjin was taken to a VIP room, completely unconscious; before Yoon Min could even take a single glance at him. The doctors informed he had a severe head injury along with his limbs slightly damaged so it would take a long time for him to gain conscience.

With the blooming desire to see him, she was about to enter his room but Jisoo as always, stood before her and clearly blocked the path. She knew she won't be allowed in the room, but she just wanted to see him. Just his face.

“I'll stay with him, Secretary Song. You can take turns when I get tired.” Without hearing her, Jisoo slammed the door shut right in front of her face.

Yoon Min stood motionless for some time, before sighing and accepting the reality. Of course, his girlfriend had the top priority right to see him first. Who was she, his secretary with whom he just had a fight, two days ago. Who was she indeed?

---------------

“Secretary Song? Secretary Song! Wake up, will you?”

Yoon Min jolted her eyes open and sat up straight, an immediate pain stretching across her back and waist upon falling asleep on the chair of the waiting room. She looked around hastily and met Jisoo's annoyed eyes staring at her, almost ready to kill her if must.

“Had a good sleep?” Her mocking voice made Yoon Min get up from the seat and stand properly in front of her, lowering her head. “Y-Yes...I mean sorry for falling asleep!” She must had fallen asleep in the waiting room after feeling too much negative feelings at once. She missed Seokjin terribly.

Jisoo rolled her eyes and gave her the happiest news ever, “I need to go back to the hotel and bring some clothes for us. Go to his room and stay with him.”

Yoon Min took a second to reciprocate those words and nodded excitedly, hiding her squeal of joy.

Opening the door with a soft sigh, she pushed it open only an inch and the first thing her eyes fell on was him. Seokjin was laying on the bed, unconscious, machines beeping and various sorts of things plugged to his body. His forehead was wrapped with a white bandage strongly along with his arms, legs, chest everything. It took her a while to get the scene in her head before she finally walked inside, closing the door.

Her heart clenched at the sight before finally that forbidden tear rolled down her cheek. Her lips trembled and choking sobs left her soul as she sat on a chair beside him, eyes locked with his closed one. He looked too pale, too weak, too inferior, too tired. Tears continued falling down as with a shaky, ragged breath, she took the liberty to reach his hand.

The moonlight through the splits in the curtains, illuminated his face brighter but lifeless. She tried her best not to make any sound, pretending that he's only sleeping and she shouldn’t wake him up. Then she squeezed his hand, after having a look at the closed door in case Jisoo might enter out of nowhere. The aching in her heart with his miserable condition had her far gone. She just wanted to see this man open his eyes badly.

Yoon Min took in a deep breath and thinking she had a little time with him alone, she brought his hand to her forehead and closed her eyes to pray strongly for him. Tears still leaving her eyes, she mumbled many prayers for him before putting his hand back on the bed, still holding it.

“Just...come back.” She whispered before leaning her head down on the bed and shutting her eyes to cry on her own. The overwhelming feeling of helplessness washed over her and it was too much for her to bear alone.

And just then, she felt his hand twitching a little and slowly shifting to hold her hand instead. Yoon Min stilled and looked up and found him staring back at her with heavy, empty eyes. Before she could gasp and scream, he tried to talk but ended up whispering,

“D-do you know what...Jisoo's dog said when I asked him what's two minus two?” Yoon Min blinked blankly. A tiny smile creeped up his lips before answering himself, “He said nothing.”

--------------

Seokjin shouldn’t had gotten into an accident. At least, Yoon Min wouldn’t be this furious at him.

“Can't drive properly, can't take care of yourself and you call yourself a man! You could've died out there, CEO Kim! How could you scare me like that?!”

This wasn’t anything new. In fact, he's been listening to her chides for 5 days. He was used to it by now, but still why was she this mad at him for getting into an accident?

He remained silent the whole time while she sat beside him on the chair, peeling oranges and slicing apples to feed him. She looked like an old mother, with that messy bun and upset expression. Still, he found her cute.

“Do you know I was at the beach with Kang-ssi when I heard the news? Do you know how I had to rush here? My weak heart almost died because of you!” She pointed the sharp knife at him which made him flinch to the other side.

“I know. You said it like a thousand times.” He murmured, eyeing the knife in fear.

Yoon Min frowned and took a piece of the apple before holding it in front of his mouth. He hesitated a little before taking it inside his mouth slowly. The way she was behaving was scaring him honestly, but he liked it. He wanted her to act like this for him. Only for him.

The girls would take turns everyday. Mostly Jisoo stayed with him and took care of him. And when she would get tired or need to go to bring something, Yoon Min would take her place and attend to his needs. And to be really honest, Seokjin wanted Yoon Min's presence more. For a reason.

Right now, one doctor took Jisoo for her own health checkup so there she was, with Seokjin and scolding him in every chance along with dressing him and feeding him.

Yoon Min put the fruits aside on the bed-side and sat on the edge of the bed without any bad intention, to check his mild fever. She placed her palm over his forehead and waited a few seconds. But Seokjin's heart was burning to hug her desperately. It was funny how they didn’t have to try to fix the misunderstanding of their fight, the accident brought them closer like before.

“I mean, what on Earth did you both talk about that you lost control of your mind while driving? You aren't like that.” She looked at him with suspecting eyes.

Seokjin breathed heavily, the memory of that moment before the accident clearly visible in his mind, unable to forget it. He was always frank with Yoon Min, never hid his feelings from her as she understood him better than anyone. Without hesitating, he blurted out,

“I...asked her about her thoughts on m-marriage.”

Yoon Min was taken aback by his confession and her heart stopped beating inside. She blinked, unable to form any words. The only question on her mind was what Jisoo said.

He sighed again, “I expected her to show some interest. But...she laughed it off. S-she really hurt me when she said marrying me would delay her future goals as an actress. She didn’t want to leave her career yet.”

Then, he looked at her eyes and mumbled while his voice broke, “She doesn’t want to marry me, Yoon Min. S-She...doesn’t want to--”

Before she could realize it, there were tears in his eyes rolling down slowly and, that sight urged a shiver run down her spine, goosebumps danced through her every vein. Her heart sank into despair and she couldn’t watch him in pain.

She knew he needed it, so she did it. She felt his pain straight to her chest and she wrapped her arms around the back of his head to pull him for a hug. Seokjin never gave away her hugs, in fact he craved for them every second. He rested his head on her shoulder, nose nuzzling on her fabric, tears drenching it and hugging her back, while she brushed her hand over his back to console him.

The familiar scent of hers he discovered years ago back at the orphanage was still there. In between his emotional cries, he smiled faintly at the familiarity and hugged her more tightly for peace. One thing he realized, no matter how close Yoon Min might seem with any guy, her heart had a special place for him always and he knew she would always run back to him in every life.

Little did any of them know, Jisoo was behind the door; watching and overhearing everything from the little split of the door. Her heart clenched in rage upon seeing the non-friendly closure of her boyfriend with his secretary.

It set her heart on fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.7K 22
Jin is the happiest person in a world. He has a good career as a successful medical practitioner and also a son a very know family love by all. He ne...
13.1K 892 23
Stuck between acceptance and denial, Seokjin finds himself trapped in a nightmare disguised as a living dream. Creating for his fragile heart a fake...
13.7K 1K 31
"Some people say that I don't deserve to be loved. They are right. may be I will stay alone forever." Jin lost all his hopes from life. While growing...
2.6K 526 25
"You & I are Stars in the same sky but from two different universes." "But the Starlight in our hearts fly across the universe in search of the way b...