STUBBORN HEARTS

By sufnic

A first attempt at expressing my imagination. It is a story about a young aspiring politician and a headstro... More

Introduction
🤵👰
😄 And we are Progressing
1. Characters (Edited)
2. Handsome Street goon (edited)
3. Beauty without brain (Edited)
4. The unwanted visit (Edited)
5.B'day surprise and lunch(Edited)
6. Dare you!! Mr. Rajveer (Edited)
7. Exams can't judge my excellence (Edited)
8. I am impressed! (Edited)
9. A Promising leader (Edited)
10. At your service (Edited)
11. She's y😍ur biggest fan (edited)
12. Mr. hotshot CM gets pranked??
13. Wedding vibes
14. Shopping spree and a shocking spree
15. Settling the thoughts
16. Marriage, who?
17. How to keep your husband interested?
18. Best friends forever
19. The Most Awaited Night
20. Getting closer
21. Intoxicated at Holi
22. Pre Wedding Rituals
23. The Wedding
24. The announcement
26. Action packed Date
27. Heartfelt talks
28. Unannounced Visitors
29. Father isn't in the picture
30. Narrow Escape
31. Main Viah nahi krona tere nal
32. Seal the Deal
33. Come, Find me.
34. The Action begins
35. The Action continues
36. The devil's lair
38. Just like that
39. Just do it
40. Hospital visit
41. Night at Hospital
42.Sweetheart?
43. Stupid or Childish ?
Bonus: Sidelines
45. Angry and New
46. Brand New Beginnings
49. Trial marriage husband

25. Life back home

219 22 53
By sufnic

Let us start by pressing the ⭐ down there.
@_@

Navneet's pov:

We had just arrived back home after a much needed wedding sort of vacations.
I too had joined my family coming back to my hometown.

As i had taken three weeks' holidays to hangout with my girlfriends but Mr. Everboring had to meddle in and gift her the honeymoon tickets and spoil my plans.

I mean what was the hurry, they had their whole lives for doing that. Now my plans and my holidays both were ruined because of him.

Therefore I had no regrets spoiling his plans for the time we stayed after the wedding.

Get to know each other, my ass.
If you spoil my fun, I'll ruin yours too.
Whatever he knew was enough for him to remind himself about never messing with me again.

"Will you stop talking to yourself?
I have been standing for past five minutes here waiting for you to finish.
But ofcourse, your intelligence never ceases to amaze me."
Mehar bhabhi was carrying my rest of the luggage as she entered my room.

" You should stop wasting your time standing there and
tell me whatever you have to say and leave."
I said uninterestedly.

" Aww.
Trouble in paradise.
Tell me are you missing your Sugar? "
She asked wiggling her eyebrows and smiling teasingly.

" No. "
I replied flatly, feeling irritated at myself.
Why didn't i talk to him when i had time?

"Really?"
She asked again.

"No."
I confessed in a whining tone.

"I so knew it.
Comeon, give me your phone. Let us talk to him.
Girl you are reminding me of my good old days."

Finding my phone under the pile of clothes i handed it over to her.

"What name did you use to save his number?
I can't find anything related to fiance."
She pried.

" I didn't."
I never had one to save.

" Okay. Then tell me his number."
She ordered me in an unrecognisable tone.

" I don't know."
I didn't have his number.

" What?
Then how are you both supposed to contact each other?
And act all lovey dovey and lost in thoughts."

She shrieked with a are you ridiculous face. Now i know why my brother is always so stressed.
Handling such a wife must be a nightmare.

"Okay. Then tell me his social media account details."
She composed herself and enquired me again.

"He has no personal accounts. Everything is handled by his PR team."
I explained.

"You are ridiculous.
You were supposed to not be able to stay away from each other, do secret meetings and sneaking in/out of the house.

And you don't even have his number.

Seriously, what am I gonna do with you?"

She had her hands raised in the air, going all dramatic on me.
Her presence was only adding fire to my messed up emotional state.

" How about you forget about it for a while. And i try to take his personal number from Ravneet bhabhi or Simrat?"
I tried to console and make her overbearing presence vanish for awhile.

"You better get it soon."
She warned me and turned to leave.

Her constant talks about him, taking me back to the conversation and the time i had spent with him a day before we parted our ways back.

Flashback two days earlier,

Simrat had left the venue yesterday for her honeymoon and as the resort was pre-booked until the Reception party, we stayed back before we cancelled other things.

The time we had was all and about lazing around, after the tiresome wedding preparations everybody had wanted to bask in the free time they had got before the reality of daily routines crashed upon them.

A bonfire was planned at the garden facing the front of the resort. Music, food, games, dance and literally everything was set-up, it was going to be a blast.

There weren't going to be any teams and everybody was going to be on his own.
Changing into pyjamas, i and my girlfriends were making our way to the decided place.

My Maate was waiting for us downstairs, so we don't get late and make others wait. And as always she was going to be pointing at my oh so comfortable clothes therefore I was already dressed in a loose kurta and Palazzo.

Giving us a satisfactory nod, she started to walk at the front.

And me being her ever obedient daughter was following just after her mimicking her actions, without realising it wasn't going to be only my family as the audience to our little banter this time.

I was thoroughly immersed in my character and didn't recognise my surroundings. Even the disappointed expressions of my grandmother and amused glances from rest of the family.

On the other hand, Maate easily caught the center of their attention and turned to see me and gave a stinky eye.
While patting my back with a hard hit as if she was praising me, she passed a tight smile to my direction with a promise of catching me afterwards.

After the embarrassing experience and silent threat, i greeted my future family with a sweet smile and silently reached for my seat, which was just beside Papa.

I put puppy eyes for gaining his promise of saving me from his wife's wrath later and received a reassuring nod in return i happily concentrated on the agenda of the meet i.e. Fun.

I could simply feel the sole attention of the busiest person in the world, observing my every movement, expressionlessly. Just like always.

"Okay, so everybody is properly fed now. Let us start a game of truth or dare."

Baaz suggested and the elders as usual ignored, busy in their own talks.
Clearly they were not going to join. Not that they had played truth or dare in the first place.

So we made a separate circle of our own and shifted few of the firesticks towards ourselves.

Music and the pillow were used to determine the turn of the participants and dares like to sing or dance were being given from the last three turns.
And then the turn of Gurbaaz came.

"So truth or dare?"
Vihaan asked.
He chose truth.

"Anybody who wants to ask something?"
Vihaan questioned.

We had practically spent all our lives together except last few years, so there wasn't much to not know.

But Ruby raised her hand.
"Tell us about your first love."
Placing her chin on her hands she sat with the support of her knees nervously. Strange.

"Honestly, i don't know about it.
But to give you guys something, i can say that i knew a girl from before and used to think we would end up together.
But that is a bygone, and it was just an illusion.
And i am happy about our current relationship.

So no melodrama and pity party."
He finished with a smile.

"Okay then.
Let us see who's next?"
The bottle was spinned and stopped at Rajveer this time, who was showing stiffened expressions as if somebody had asked for his kidneys.
He was silent as a storm.

Vihaan without taking the hint went on bragging.
"I choose a truth on his behalf.
Feel free to ask anything about his life till this moment."
Rajveer was still silent as a statue this time he had his jaws clenched.

"First love."
Amreen had to ask.

Vihaan cleared his throat.
"As you guys can see.
This creature here, was invincible and never fell in love before. I can't say any thing about future, though."
He shrugged as if it was the most normal thing.

" But to keep the momentum going.
I will share something."
He added smirking to Rajveer ignoring his frosty glares.

" There was this girl named sweetie, she used to be obsessed over this Hot specimen of a man, he said pointing his thumb in direction of Rajveer.

She used to stalk him around everywhere, games, classes, and all that sort of competitions, staring at him creepily. "
He said shuddering remembering the memory.

"She was like mad after him, and Raj used to ignore her existence like gravity."
That is totally what he will do.

"And one day she proposed. "
Everyone was silent and he went mute as well adding to the suspense.

I mean poor girl, he must have eaten her raw. If he was even 10 percent as angry as he is now.

" What then? "
Somebody asked.

" She was never found again.
It was like she disappeared.
And nobody knew her whereabouts. "
Bullshit.
But i don't want to doubt him. And i hate her.

" Shutup, Vihaan.
Stop your dramatics.
I just got her transferred, that's it.

She didn't matter enough to go extremes. "

Rajveer cleared the baseless claim on himself. And said the last sentence looking at me.
As if i was even bothered.
Not at all.
Though I was clearly concerned. Would he really get her killed? Ugh, Why he had to be so good looking?

"Aww. Isn't he the sweetest?
It's not like he murdered her."
Vihaan defended him, receiving a stinky eye from both of us.

The bottle was spinned again and it stopped at me this time. A chorus of truth echoed, so i chose dare.

"Interesting.

You will nickname Rajveer."
Vihaan clearly had a death wish today and he looked least disturbed by it.

My situation was similar to the phrase who will bell the cat.
Clearly his best friend was riling him up taking me in without consent.

"We are waiting."
Amreen said.
They both must have teamed up against me and my poor fiance.
I wandered my gaze to look for something suitable.

Suddenly i spotted my father sneaking a plate full of pasteries behind him, when he was suffering from diabetes.
Shouting SUGAR in a high pitched voice to let my mother, i ran towards him and snatched the platter from his hands, glaring at him while he smiled sheepishly.
Who will say he is one of the most influential and intimidating man of this state.

I and mumma were scolding him badly and thus i forgot about the situation i left behind, with a weird nickname which ended up bad for Rajveer as he was being teased mercilessly about it.

Spending some more time with family we decided to retire and all the people scattered away.

As the time to part ways
came, the families separated.
Padding softly to my room i was about to turn the knob but a sudden force caused me to turn around abruptly, Trying to hold my senses in control, i looked at the culprit.
It was Rajveer.

"I have planned something for you."

I didn't know how to react at his sudden revelation and looked around to find the corridors empty for which he never bothers and released a breath asking silently to him to reveal his surprise.

"Come on."
Saying just two words he pulled at my wrist gently.
We arrived at the secluded corner of the garden hidden from the prying eyes.

"I had planned a dinner for us.
But as the things transpired there is a slight change in plans."

To say I was surprised, would be an understatement.
I realised he had a romantic side, which appears once in a blue moon.
He was rubbing his nape in embarrassment looking at my awestruck face.

"I'd like to think that you approve of the arrangements."
Realising I haven't said he anything yet, for his efforts.

" Absolutely, It is amazing.
I don't know what else to say."
Smilingly, he ushered me to the seat near the table by a small fire.

"I asked for dessert as we already ate with the family."

He supplied taking the lid off the bowls containing real food, chocolates. I subconsciously licked my lips, ignoring the movement of his eyes there.

"You know what you are the sweetest.
I so love My sweet love."

His ears perked at my comment while I filled my plate with the divine delicacies, feeling the heat of the fire and his gaze on my face.

Hearing him clear his throat, i looked up from my food.
"Navneet, anything but that."

"Huh."
I was confused at his request, as my spoon was waiting impatiently in front of my open mouth.
Such a simple word Navneet sounds so tempting from his mouth.

Extending his hand he put the hanging spoon in my mouth.
"I was talking about the name.
Change it."

I stopped chewing at his sudden demand. It almost felt like he was ordering me. Which can't do.

"What name?
And are you trying to dictate my words, now, Mr. Rajveer."
I asked him with all the seriousness i could muster.
I couldn't assimilate his controlling behaviour.

"No.
It just sounds so weird for a person of my position and stature.
So i suggest you change it, before people out of our family circle get to know of it."
He explained.

" Alright.
What name are we talking about here?"
I had no idea what name he was talking about.

"Sugar and sweet pie.
The names you called me with."
His ears were visibly red illuminated by the fire.
I smiled internally at his cute behaviour. I never called him by those.
But would i let this chance pass. No, not at all.

"Okay done.
I will change this one.
But you promise me that only i will call you that.
And you won't object about it, plus nobody will know about it."
I bargained. I never thought i would get such an opportunity. He nodded as a deal.

" What about Sugarboo?
And no, this is not permanent yet. I'm still thinking about it."
I added as he opened his mouth to object.
He clamped it shut in defeat and looked away.

"Okay Sugar, and its full n final."
He was silent as if i was a mosquito buzzing around him.

"Hey, comeon.
Don't be a spoilsport.
Sugar plum
Sweet pie
Sugarboo
Sweetheart."

I continued to tease him as he ignored my efforts, punching him on shoulder playfully.

Raising from his chair all of a sudden he startled me.
And moved away from the table kicking the chair that had fallen in the process, angrily.

My eyes were wide open at his sudden mood shifts.
He was leaning against a nearby tree rubbing his forehead staring at the grass.

Guessing i will have to go and coax him, i made my way in his direction.

"Suga.."
Words flew involuntarily as soon as I opened my mouth, he stiffened at my voice.
Oh boy, did i wake a beast.

"I don't like these names."
He said clenching his jaws.

"What?
It sounds so sweet and delicious. And I love sweet things, you know. So you should get used to it, Sugar."

My ramblings were interuppted as the air knocked out of my lungs and my back hit the trunk of the tree he was leaning by before.
It was like a Deja Vu. Are we back to square one?

"Listen me well, Wife.
I'm not going to repeat this again. I don't like the names you called me with.
And they are intolerable for me. Nor do I wish to be embarrassed whenever I hear these."

They are nothing to be ashamed of, you moron.
And why is he standing so close, wasn't he angry?

"So learn to keep these confined with yourself. Or i won't mind sharing my sweetness with you, next time. So don't tempt me."

He continued to warn me, his words touching my face as he moved his lips. It was turning my stomach into a zoo of endless butterflies.
I was feeling anything but scared of him at the moment.

But Whats that supposed to mean?
Should I ask?
You better not.

He was standing so close, trying controlling his anger.
I didn't want to move fearing my lips would touch his at my slightest turn.

I pushed at his chest to move him but he held my wrists with one of his hand in a firm grip and placed the other one was beside my head to support his weight.

"Move."

"No."

I huffed at his behaviour.
Planning to give him a headbump i stood on my tiptoes, my face nearing his.
As he leaned in.

We moved simultaneously.
Resulting in a sudden god forbidden touch.
It was slightest, just came and gone, even before we realised.
But it was enough to send me haywire, while he stood shocked.

"You shameless moron.
How dare you touch me?"
I pushed him with all my force and he stumbled only a foot back and i was fuming.

"I wasn't the one who lifted your face.
Who knows what were your intentions on doing that?
Maybe you always wanted to touch me."

I gasped at his audacity and he was smirking at me.
He was teasing me, i never knew he could do that.

"You are so going to regret talking to me like that."
I don't even know how i was going to do that.

" Trust me.
I would never.
If you are going to kiss me after that,
but next time do a proper one.
Or we can always learn to make it better.
Afterall practice makes the man perfect."
He has a personality disorder, i had no doubts about it.

Stomping my foot at the ground angrily, i turned to go back inside.

"Wait."
He called me from behind.

"What?"
I barked, snatching my hand back.

"It is my responsibility to drop you back safely as you came with me."
Finding no enough reasons to make him back out i marched ahead.

"And not to forget you are going to be my wife."
He muttered in a low voice.
Ignoring him along the way we reached my haven.

I turned the knob and entered inside. But his hand fell in between and restrained the door from closing it.
Raising a brow i looked at him.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for my earlier behaviour."
I nodded and moved the door.

" I was saying you can call me by anything you wish, but nobody gets to know about it."
I nodded this time satisfied, i was planning on annoucing it either
And he looked pleased at my reaction.

"So, am i forgiven?"
He asked again with hopeful eyes. Thus, i nodded.

"Will i get a goodnight kiss?"
I moved forward amused at his request and closer to his face. He closed his eyes in response.

Oh how nicely i am going to ruin it.
Laughing to myself, i slapped his cheek away.

"I'll pass happily, Sugar."
And i closed the door at his baffled face.

"You are going to regret letting it go."
He shouted from the other side knocking again but the sound of his retreating steps followed soon after.

Looking at the mirror, I smiled remembering about the memorial night.

My cloths were comfortable enough and thus freshening up i laid to sleep. But many thoughts invaded my mind.

Was it a date between us?

Was I his first?

Was that even a kiss?

Did he really want to kiss me?

What would I taste like or him?

Groaning at myself i burrowed my face into pillows and held Rajjo tight.
After counting innumerable sheeps, i finally fell asleep.

*****

After that encounter, i didn't had the guts to face him.

He is an early bird even before somebody decided to wake me up, he was gone to city for his works.

I was missing him badly.
His eyes solely trained on me, his apologies limited to me,  his words never more than few syllables and not to forget how he gets riled up easily and calms down at our slightest touch and admits his mistakes.

Such a fine gentleman and all mine.

We were packed and ready to leave. As per the plans the next time we were going to meet was for Wedding Reception after the month long honeymoon of love birds.

I was planning on going back to College later this week to be able to atleast share the same city with him.
I am sounding so desparate and obsessed with him.
Calm down, Nivi.

Trying to control my emotions i started to unpack again, as Mehar bhabhi's voice reached my ears.

She was on phone talking so loudly that the person on line would hear her voice without even using it.

"Yes Rajveer. We have reached safely this afternoon."
She is bluffing.

"Absolutely, it was the most amazing time we had there."

"And your presence is being thoroughly missed by your lover girl, for the past day."

I was hearing only one sided conversation so it was kinda difficult figuring out what was he talking about.
Or talking at all.

" Yes i took your number from Ravneet. I can't see my only Nanad sulking around."

" You should talk to her. I fear her ears will get pointed if i continued without her."
She forwarded her phone in my direction and asked me to take it.
The call was ongoing with an unknown number.

" I wasn't joking when i said I will be the cupid in your love story. "
She whispered and winked before leaving my room.

I was stupified and silent.

"Hello."
A deep voice echoed through the cordless device.
It sent a pleasurable feeling through me, as i placed the device near my ear.

"You there, Navneet?"
Its really him. I wanted to squeal out loud.

"Hmm."
I managed to speak.

"How are you feeling?"
He asked.

"Fine."
I answered, without asking him.

"Just fine. I guess you were really missing me."
He teased.
But i was really missing him, and he doesn't need to know that. My Bipolar jerk was back.

" You wish."
I retorted playfully.

" Trust me, there are many things i wish. And I am going to fulfill them with you being on my side."
I blushed at his revelation.

" Don't go shying now.
I'll call you later."
He finished.

"I don't blush and i didn't miss you. Go back to your wife, Good-bye."
I replied referring to his work.

"I never said that wife. And you are my only wife.
You should have asked me for my number from me you know. Anyways I'm a bit busy now. Talk to you later."

He kept on going and hanged up the call without a response from my side. Conceited jerk.

" So how did it go?"
Bhabhi who must be eavesdropping, sauntered inside as soon as I kept the phone down.

" Nothing i didn't expect."
I said lazily.

" Aww. Did he say he loves you?"
She asked.

" These words are foreign to him, bhabhi.
You should give up."
She frowned as i patted on her back sidestepping her figure.

'Hopeless'. She muttered under her breath.

"Did he say he will call you later?"
I replied with yes.
"Then i will come by later."
She added and left not so silently this time.

Finishing up my work i went to take a nap. Because sleep is bae.
Fiance may come and fiance may go but i can sleep on forever.
Rest of the day passed by sluggishly.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Hey guys, a new update for this week.

Hope you enjoyed it, as much as i enjoyed writing it.

An unofficial date and a brooding alpha lead. I assume is tempting enough for now.

And Huge thanx to the new readership.

Please Vote and comment in loads. It encourages me to write more, seeing your appreciate it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721K 28.8K 57
"I love you!" he said "Shut up!." I barked , he didn't flinch though. "I really do." he looks defeated yet confident about his intentions. "Shut up...
1M 37.4K 47
This story is a love story of Karan Oberoi and Anjali Malhotra. Karan Oberoi is the CEO of Oberoi group of companies and every girl's dream guy. Insp...
1.1M 36.4K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...
251K 18.2K 22
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...