STUBBORN HEARTS

Av sufnic

A first attempt at expressing my imagination. It is a story about a young aspiring politician and a headstro... Mer

Introduction
🤵👰
😄 And we are Progressing
1. Characters (Edited)
2. Handsome Street goon (edited)
3. Beauty without brain (Edited)
4. The unwanted visit (Edited)
5.B'day surprise and lunch(Edited)
6. Dare you!! Mr. Rajveer (Edited)
7. Exams can't judge my excellence (Edited)
8. I am impressed! (Edited)
9. A Promising leader (Edited)
10. At your service (Edited)
11. She's y😍ur biggest fan (edited)
12. Mr. hotshot CM gets pranked??
13. Wedding vibes
14. Shopping spree and a shocking spree
15. Settling the thoughts
16. Marriage, who?
17. How to keep your husband interested?
18. Best friends forever
19. The Most Awaited Night
20. Getting closer
21. Intoxicated at Holi
22. Pre Wedding Rituals
23. The Wedding
25. Life back home
26. Action packed Date
27. Heartfelt talks
28. Unannounced Visitors
29. Father isn't in the picture
30. Narrow Escape
31. Main Viah nahi krona tere nal
32. Seal the Deal
33. Come, Find me.
34. The Action begins
35. The Action continues
36. The devil's lair
38. Just like that
39. Just do it
40. Hospital visit
41. Night at Hospital
42.Sweetheart?
43. Stupid or Childish ?
Bonus: Sidelines
45. Angry and New
46. Brand New Beginnings
49. Trial marriage husband

24. The announcement

165 21 11
Av sufnic

Please press the ⭐ down there, before you start.

"*_*"

Author's pov:

Yograj Singh Randhawa, Rajveer's father was roaming in the gardens, occassionally touching the flowers and kicking at the grass.
He was waiting for his life guru for their today's session.
She was late for the day making him worry about her well-being.

The ever stoic man, famous for his business sense and political mind, was learning to live his life better, from none other than his new daughter-in-law, who had successfully convinced him to go easy in life. As he had two grown-up sons to worry for the unforeseen.

She had made him doubt the number of years he spent trying to achieve perfection.

A perfect businessman, a perfect son and a perfect father.
He was fine until the time he met her as a prospective wife for his younger son.

And he was happy, it was going to be her who will become a permanent member of the family.

She will keep him grounded, he thought. Afterall he had taken his never bending pride and ego from him.

But his good time was interrupted soon.

"Hello, Mr.Randhawa.
How are you faring?"

Ramesh Kapadia, an senior and one of the founding members of their political party was making his way towards him.

They shook hands.
"Hello.
But this is a family gathering and I'm not going to discuss anything professional here.
However urgent it may be."

Being the ever straight forward and
Principled man, he cleared it right way that, Family comes first.

"Oh believe me.
I'm here for something personal as well.
You should know your son's deeds before he drowns your family reputation and party's
name in public, acting like a hormonal teenager.

I knew you would be left speechless."
He added.

"Well i was thinking what did you get the audacity from, to talk about your senior like that."
Yograj without even bothering about his claims straight away questioned his grounds of accusation.

" Well you need to see this first."
He said forwarding his hold plated mobile in his direction.
A video featuring Rajveer was playing what he was descending a balcony trying to be secretive.
And as much as he recognised, this was the Bride's side of resort.

What was he doing there?
He felt he should keep his curiosity railed.
Only one person who he knew could turn him into such a love sick teenager.

"What is this?"
He asked keeping his face blank.

" Don't you see.
How your soon is jumping from balconies looking like a mess."
The old hag explained.

" It must be training of some sort, i guess.

He is a trained martial artist, and this is how he works out."
Yograj was sputtering lie to save his son's izzat from being auctioned in front of his in-laws.

If it was the earlier father in him, before he met Navneet, he would have punished Rajveer instead of defending him.
And Yograj was happy being a doting father.

"Are you being serious?
He is messing around like an unbridled horse and you are taking about workout.
He has no self control.

Who knows how long this will continue?
But it's okay he is a grown up man, he has needs."
Mr. Kapadia staightly questioned Rajveer's character.
But ofcourse Yograj knew better than to judge his son.

"If you have identified the problem, then you must have a solution too."
Yograj asked gritting his teeth trying to rein his fury.
The man laughed wholeheartedly at Yograj's perfect assessment.

" Well, you see.
I have a beautiful daughter who can keep him satisfied.
So i want to propose an alliance between us."
He explained his motives well.

"And it will strengthen his position in state's political affairs.
Afterall, he will be my son-in-law, and my experience will help him in soar at heights.
I will teach him every trick on my sleeve to win people and funds."
The ever manipulative side of the wicked politician which was ignored by Yograj due to his seniority, was coming out to trap himself.

"And what if i don't agree?"
Yograj asked.

"Then you father son duo will have to face a party crisis when I will unveil Rajveer's player ways and eventually he will have to resign from his position.

Afterall the party and my duty towards public comes foremost, even above my age-old friends."

As if i will let you take away my son's hardwork.
Yograj thought.

"So you will be satisfied as long as i make Rajveer marry?"
Yograj asked.

" Yes.
As i said, my beautiful and innocent daughter will happily accept whoever i will choose
for her.

She is very determined in business and is single-handedly handling all my businesses and this event too, without any help.
That's how I was able to come here.
Some security you have there."

Rakesh Kapadia was sure Randhawas won't be able find a new girl as long as he was convincing enough.

"Your daughter is planning this event, you said?"

"Yes, yes."
He answered eagerly finding Yograj interested.
Yograj nodded at him and walked away.

Yograj had met the wedding planner earlier but he didn't know it was his daughter, buzzing around his son like a bee.

Dressed so provocatively and ordering around her assistant who was always on her toes. She was anything but innocent even from the way she dressed.

Thank lord, he had already met Navneet. Her being a nice soul doesn't need an affirmation from anybody.
She was perfect for his ever serious son, and he was already seeing her love doing magic on his son.
He was going to happily welcome her his family.

Even though he knew that he had made his both son's capable enough to face the adversities of the world, but the father in him refused to back down to protect them from the world.

Ranbeer was settled and had his own family, and he was going to make sure that his other son gets his safe haven.

However assured he was,
But for now, he needed to discuss the situation in hand with his son, a replica of his, of which he was not proud of anymore. And him with Navneet was going to make sure of that.

Rajveer's pov:

As soon as Navneet had left, that was my cue to leave.
Finding no other way out, balcony served as my escape.

Landing as safely and as discreetly as possible, i dusted my day old clothes and went towards my room avoiding every possible eye.

I was just going to release a breath of relief entering my safe haven and about to take seat on the comfortable single couch present inside.

"Where were you?"
A sudden gruff voice froze me in my position, making me stand straight at once.

"Have a seat, son. I am not here to discuss professional matters."
I nodded and sat back calmly.
He is the only one who can make me go nervous.

It's not like i fear him, but whenever he is around i tread on thin ice. I can never make him upset with me, not even in thoughts.

"How are you, dad?" I said clearing my throat.

"I'm perfect as always. But you need to loosen up, lad.
If your mother will get to know that i made her son nervous, she will cease my sweets and your dadi like always will support her.

Go and freshen up.
We need to discuss on few things."

He said jokingly, and concentrated on the book he took from the shelf. I nodded and moved towards the bathroom, my train of thoughts shifting to him, about my father.

No matter how much he tries, his face never matches with his jokes. It's always serious.

On the other side, he is the best father a child could ever have. His struggles in his early days have blessed us with this life we lead.

A life of respect,
A life of recognition,
A life of regard and admiration.
A life for leading others.

Him alongwith mother have really worked hard to get where we are today.
Her compassion and kindness with his strength and beliefs earned a place in the hearts of our people.

Monarchy may have been aboilished by present government, but you don't need a royal status if you want to serve people.
And my father, my idol is the greatest example of that.

People say i resemble my grandfather but it's my father who i idolize wholeheartedly.
And i am more than happy to carry my grandfather's legacy with my father's principles.

Relaxing my nerves under the warm shower, i prepared myself to face him. Still undecided about telling him the truth about his drunkard daughter-in-law or just let it be. I decided on the former option.

"Dad. Is everything alright."

"Oh, you are back already.
I was thinking of taking a nap while waiting for you. But the thing was important so i decided to wait."

" It was never my intention. Let us take a seat first."
I proposed.

" You remember Mr. Kapadia?" He asked.

"Ofcourse, he is a senior member of party. And unfortunately an influential one."
I replied.

"You were right. I had given him too much liberty that now he thinks he can blackmail me and do what he says, or i should say suggests."

Dad was angry or furious should be the word.
Even my blood boiled at the audacity of that person who thought he can control a lion.
And the added calmness in dad's expressions was enough to know he had already planned well to eliminate the threat.

"What did he say?
And what does he have to blackmail us?"
I needed to know the leverage that old hag had against us.

" He wants you to marry his daughter.
I guess she is a good girl as she planned this whole wedding single-handedly."

His words sent a chill down my spine. Even the thought was overbearing.

Our relationship was nothing about physical intimacy but more about emotional attachment i had established with her.

That field was unexplored for me as much as it was for her if I assume myself that she had no boyfriend, which i did.

I had gone too far to let my better half go and there was no way i could give her place to anyone else, much less that I'll mannered witch.

But that was also the truth, if dad had asked me to marry someone else, i was in no position to deny him.

And as much as i have known him from my childhood, he wouldn't bow to anyone's demands, his pride and ego were the prime factors for his every decision, which i had inherited too.

"And what does he blackmail you with?"
He forwarded his phone in my direction with a video playing on it.

I closed my eyes in frustration and rubbed the bridge of my nose. It was I while jumping the railing of balcony in Nivi's room. Unbelievable.

Dad was looking at me with unreadable expressions.
His scrutinizing gaze made me go speechless, again.

"I swear it is not what it looks like. I was just putting her to bed and she insisted me to stay, she was drun.."
He raised his hand stopping me midway my speech.

"I'm a married man.
And I'm not interested to know what my son does with his betrothed and escaping so secretly in the morning.

So let us just concentrate on the matter in hand."
His words left me gobsmacked, causing my ears go warm.
I hope I'm not blushing.

"Dad, she was drunk and out of senses."
I tried to explain.

"What?
I thought i raised you better, Rajveer. Never in my dreams had i thought my son would do anything like this."

" No Please.
You need to stop.
I just helped her, nothing else.
Nothing at all."

I tried my best to defend myself even shouting at the beginning.
Realising it later how much he hated to be shouted at.

"Okay, I heard you.
No need to shout like that.
It's good that you helped her and No, i will not take back the alliance.
I don't even want to know what will you do in reaction to that."
He muttered under his breath the last few lines.

"Dad, what happened to you.
You are NOT okay. Tell me wha
t is the matter."
He was behaving oddly. He was never so open especially about his inner thoughts.
He was expressionless and stoic, and that is what he taught us as well.

"Nothing son.
I am just learning the way to live life."
He replied encodedly.

"Well, i must say your teacher is amazzing."
I had nothing else to say. This side of his was refreshing.

"So yes, back to the topic.
We need to tell our people that you are so not single anymore.
So be prepared."

I agreed at his solution, but only after he discussed it with Navneet and her family.

Soon after discussing about the damage control, he got up to leave and i followed him till the door.

"Well, i can totally understand.
Love makes you silly things. Even I was caught by your Nani once. Thank lord, she didn't tell it to her husband.

So i will suggest you to remain undiscovered, next time.
And keep your escapades much as secret as possible.

And I'm happy to know holidays did you good, or is it her?"

He patted my shoulder and turned to leave. I closed the door and went to get some work done. I had faced many things in life except being flustered.

But was i ín love, actually?

I was horrified at the rate of release of secrets and the way my father had changed. It totally tired me out of my wits.

But more than that i needed to find the inside mole, who dared to mess with me and family.

The next morning:

Finally the much awaited day had arrived, everyone was prepared to be a part of the Baraat.

Whole family was dressed impeccably, to leave an everlasting impression on the Bride's family. My mother had bought a White informal kurta, with golden ensembles, for me and threatened me to wear it.

Honestly, i wasn't going to oppose her, i wanted to compliment my wife well, when she stood beside me at the time people will be coming to congratulate us after the announcement.

We reached with our whole entourage at the designated place, singing and dancing at the tunes.

Saalis of Aman, were standing at the threshold to welcome us.

And there she was, standing in all her heavenly glory, dressed in a golden lehanga. Ears adorned with heavy jhumkas, neck bare and a Tikka (heavy headset) set on her black luscious waves, her figure illuminating with the mirrors embroidered on her dress.

After two hours, Simrat and Aman had completed their Anand karaj, and were being eased by the elders of the both families.

He made his way over to the place i and Vihaan were standing, and we shared a hug congratulating him for his chance at new life.
Vihaan being himself, kept on pulling his leg.

"Now that you are begana to us, but promise us Aman, you won't forget your best friend."
The ever dramatic Vihaan Shergill said, making us roll our eyes.

"Vihaan, I'm not the one leaving my houses and even if i want to forget my relation with you, you won't ever let me. So chill."
Aman assured him.

While Simrat was standing with her group of friends and cousins.
Navneet was feeding her as well as herself simultaneously.
How come she is so hungry in the early morning?

Our eyes had met quite a few times until now.
And her avoiding my gaze every time.
What happened to her suddenly?

I followed her to the snacks table as she came to collect more food.

"Why are you avoiding me?"
I asked her without beating around the bush.

"I don't know what are you talking about."
She replied and sidestepped me to leave.

Our marriage was going to be announced soon and i cannot bear to see her sullen face standing beside me.

I held her elbow, the embroidery pricking my skin.

Why was she wearing such skin damaging dress, when she had such a soft skin.

"What are you doing?
Leave my hand, everybody will see."
She struggled against my hold, which wasn't even that tight in the first place.

I dragged her away from the crowd.
"What happened?"
I asked again, releasing her making her stand infront me.

"Nothing happened. I told you."
She repeated again.

"Are you not happy with the announcement being made?"
That was the only thing that had transpired between us. Now we were standing really close, her flowery scent numbing my senses.

"No.
I never said that.
Why would you even think that?"
She shrieked.

"Let me try again.
Why are you behaving so oddly then?
Everything was so good between us."
I tried again placing my hands on her shoulders.

"No, Amreen.
Stop right there."
She shouted suddenly, trying to chase after someone.

"I so knew it.
My little sister has grown up, huh."
The girl replied back.

" No.
There is nothing like that.
We have just met and we were talking only. Nothing is going on between us."

My wife was trying her best to hide the beautiful relationship we shared.
Somehow her words pricked me inside.
Something snapped in me, and i pulled her in my arms, holding her in a back hug, coiling my arms around her petite bare waist.

"Not at all.
You are completely right, Miss.
We very well know each other and are going to get married soon.
So whatever you both have, resolve it in front me."
I didn't want anybody to think that she was single and available.

"Oh my god, Nivi.
Your boyfriend is even more possessive than you."
Her eyes held mischief, as if she had found a treasure.
Navneet's boyfriend had nice ring to it, but husband was better.

"Shut up Amreen.
I swear if you won't keep your shut, i will strangle you in your sleep."
Passing a last teasing smile to Navneet, she scurried off.

"Couldn't you wait until your father had announced our future relationship?"
Navneet turned around and pushed me away, questioning me agitatedly.

"You shouldn't have denied in the first place."
She flared her nose and turned her face away.

" Tell me.
What's wrong? "
I couldn't let her stay angry with me.

" Now Amreen will tell everybody about us.
Adding few things on her own."
I failed to understand where the problem was.

"So?
Everybody was going to know that sooner or later."

" You won't understand.
Now her alongwith Simi and Ruby will tease the hell out of me. Not allowing a breather even. "
Okay, so teasing was the problem. But how?

" What will they you with?
And why will they tease you?"

" Seriously Rajveer.
Have your friends never teased you about your past girlfriends?"
Shall I tell her that she is my first relationship?
I was still contemplating in my head, when she started again.

"Rajveer, did you had a girlfriend before?"
I was startled at her sudden question.

"Y-Yes."

"Why can't i believe you then?"

"How would I know?
Infact, we should leave. Our families must have realised our absence by now."

I tried to divert the topic.
Coz i didn't want her to think that i was new to all this.

"How many girlfriends did you had in past?"
She asked again as we were moving back.

"Stop prying, Navneet.
It's a reason that they belong to past. Talk about something else if you want."

"Who was recent girlfriend?
Does she know that you are already taken?
Have you broken up with her?"

Series of questions were fired at me.

" Whose girlfriend? And
Who brokeup?"
A very familiar voice interuppted us.

"Rajveer's girlfriend, Vihaan?
Do you know any of his exes?
I want to meet one."
His shit broke loose and he burst in fits of laughter.
I should have escaped when i had time.
I tried to stop him with my glaring eyes, but he won't be Vihaan Shergill if he agreed just like that.

" In your dreams, Nivi.
This man is a total saint.
You are talking about girlfriends, i doubt if he had ever checked out any girl.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with an inexperienced one."
Navneet looked amazed while he was amused.
I left them standing there and went to stand beside my father.
He gestured me It was time.

Attracting the attention of the audience present and inviting Navneet's family forth Dad began.

"Congratulations family and friends on the new union."
A series of agreement was heard.

" I know we all enjoying our time here to the fullest.
So i plan to continue it for longer.

Today i proudly announce Navneet Kaur Dhillon as future Daughter-in-law of Randhawa family. And future bride of my younger son Rajveer Singh Randhawa."

Our friends hooted and families clapped the loudest.
While she stood there with her family accepting blessings and i stood with mine.

After exchanging few more words everybody skipped towards the tables for much awaited Brunch.

Couples were sitting together,
and Navneet was beside me.

"See Rajveer.
My Simi is so lucky for you too. You are finally getting hitched."
Aman commented boasting about his wife and they smiled sweetly at each other.

"Ruby.
Do you remember somebody said i won't get married in this lifetime.
And today we didn't even finish one wedding yet, n got invited in another."
Amreen, her cousin taunted at Navneet.

Okay, that's something new.
But why wouldn't she want to get married?
I hope it was nothing major.

"Oh please.
Let my time come and I'll ask you later."
Navneet replied.

"Okay, it's not like I'm scared of your threats.
And it's our turn now."
Amreen smirked at her.

" So is it arrange marriage or love marriage?"
Ruby asked.

"Somewhere in between."
Everybody revised their brows at my unsure reply.

"Well. It does not really matters, as long as you can promise to keep her happy always."
Simrat's sister asked.

"Ofcourse, that will be my foremost responsibility.
I will never let her feel lack of anything. Respect, trust, luxury or care whatever it may be."
I spoke sincerely, and she was satisfied.

"You didn't include love, bro."
Simrat intervened.

"It's the first thing a couple feels towards each other."
She added.

I cleared my throat trying to control the warmness i felt at the thought of loving her.

" Ofcourse, that too. Always and forever."

"You are so cute."
Ruby gushed.

"See, he is blushing."
And she successfully made me embarrassed.

" Boys are not cute. They are hot."
The only unacceptable best friend of Navneet spoke. But it wasn't anything bad, nor was he, so i just let him be.

"Oh no.
Mere vala ta cute v ae and sweet v."
(*The one I've got is cute and sweet as well).
A voice from my neighbouring chair raised, Navneet.
She was looking at me giving me a sweet smile.

"You should see his sweetness when he talks with people other than family."
Vihaan commented.

" Well, family should be the priority. None else matters."
She said sharing my views, and i smiled to myself.

The time was over lunch and everybody was tired and retired to their rooms.

Simrat and Aman were to leave for their honeymoon destination i planned, in the evening as decided.
And after spending a day or two here, we were to return to our routines back home, reuniting for their Reception party.

Dad was right, holidays did me good.
They gave me my wife. And a light for future. The thought of many unexplored phases of life that were yet to reveal used to make me restless earlier, were giving me an exciting feeling.

The feeling of being with her.
And these two days was the time i was devote to our relationship, getting to know her better, as the next time i will be free will be the time, our wedding was going to be planned, and later there will be no time bounds, hopefully.

* ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Hey guys, a new update for this week.

Hope you enjoyed it, as much as i enjoyed writing it.

And Huge thanx to the new readership.

Please Vote and comment in loads. It encourages me to write more, seeing your appreciate it.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1M 37.4K 47
This story is a love story of Karan Oberoi and Anjali Malhotra. Karan Oberoi is the CEO of Oberoi group of companies and every girl's dream guy. Insp...
MOHABBAT-E-DIWAANGI Av Aanya_writess

Allmän skönlitteratur

238K 17.2K 21
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
577K 26.8K 48
Arranged Marriages in India are common. Arranged Marriage between two powerpack business houses is common, as well. But what are the complications on...
81.6K 3.7K 24
#1 in short-story out of 325K stories!! on 28 September 2023 Give it a try!! ---‐-------- "So I was not worthy of you?" It was more of a statement fo...