Census.

By Bhettiboop

One minute, me and my peers at my school were flying out to a hot and sunny vacation in Aruba. In a blink of... More

Chapter 1 - Flight 89.
Chapter 2 - Drive by's and Rock-a-Bye's.
Chapter 3 - Easy Way Out.
Chapter 4 - Lost and Found.
Chapter 5 - Every Girl for Themselves.
Chapter 6 - Adopted.
Chapter 7 - Coldplay.
Chapter 8 - Vile.
Chapter 9 - Contagious.
Chapter 10 - Downhill.
Chapter 11 - Mistaken Identity.
Chapter 12 - Inject me. [Part 1.]
Chapter 13 - Inject me. [Part 2.]
Chapter 14 - Titanic.
Chapter 15 - Forgiveness. [Part 1.]
Chapter 16 - Forgiveness. [Part 2]
Chapter 17 - "She's gone."
Chapter 18 - Reconsider.
Chapter 19 - Frozen.
Chapter 20 - SOS.
Chapter 21 - "My only sunshine."
Chapter 22 - Borderline Far.
Chapter 23 - Blood.
Chapter 24 - A Little Too Late.
Chapter 25 - The City.
Chapter 27 - Eye of the Toddler.
Chapter 28 - Distance.
Chapter 29 - "Oh Hell..."
Chapter 30 - Gone Baby, Gone.
Chapter 31 - Right By My Side.
Chapter 32 - Kin.
Chapter 33 - Wrong Turn of Events.
Chapter 34 - Discarded Hope.
Chapter 35 - Unrecognizable.
Chapter 36 - Bury me Alive.
Chapter 37 - Facetime.
Chapter 38 - Paradise.
Chapter 39 - Family Reunion.
Chapter 40 - Rest in Peace.
Chapter 41 - Vanished.
Chapter 42 - Victim.
Chapter 43 - Pointing Fingers.
Chapter 44 - Fallen Soldier.
Chapter 45 - "Let me go."
Chapter 46 - Admission.
Chapter 47 - "Ask Adrianne."
Chapter 48 - Transgender.
Chapter 49 - 5 years later. [Part 1.]
Chapter 50 - 5 years later. [Part 2.] **FINALE**
Epilogue.
ATTENTION!

Chapter 26 - Cliffhanger.

5.5K 190 47
By Bhettiboop

"Oh my goodness.." We all whispered as we gazed down at the lot.

We all stood there for a while, then sat at the end of the cliff to gaze at the bright lights. All we heard were a few car horns, and the ocean breeze from behind us. It was the most beautiful thing that we'd ever seen. As for Kimberly, Jacob, Chresanto, Craig, and Rayan, they gazed at it a little more harder. They haven't seen an actual "city" in over 8 years, so this was more of an amazement to them than it was to us. What struck them at odd is that after all of these years, they had no clue that there was a city right behind us.

But the problem was, we sat off of a cliff that was over a 1000 ft tall. It was certain death if we stepped foot off of it.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Craig jumped. "Lets start making our way down there!"

"Are you kidding me? Look at how high in the air we are!" Cici shouted as she put her palm out over the cliff. "And I already estimated it. I'm a math geek.......we're death sure if we try to jump down there. We'd probably wind up dying in the air from falling so high. Literally."

"Well, how about we try to make a rope that-"

"No, Jacob." Jazz laughed as she shook her head. "We can't make a rope thats 1,000 feet long."

"Fuck." Chresanto growled in frustration. "Our freedom is right there. Right fucking there!"

"Come on. Lets start walking off of this side of the mountain before we hurt ourselves.." Cici groaned as we all made our way down the mountain.

We made the long walk [which was a short walk compared to the other side of the rocky mountain.] down the rocky mountain that led to the waterfall, then made the 15 minute walk to the house. We walked inside and told Adrianne what we seen, and she didn't believe us at first. Our demeanor however, erased any doubts that she had.

Cici slept in the room with our half. (Which included me, Cierra, Janyra, Nina, and and Khamil.) But after seeing that other side of the rocky mountains, we could barely sleep. What we were also wondering about, was how Cici survived. Also, where she'd been staying for the last 7 or 8 months.

"When Simba threw you halfway across the world, where did you go?" I asked. "Also, how did you get back here?"

"I was thrown onto another side of the mountain. And survived." Cici said in a serious tone. "After I was thrown in the air, I blacked out. Where we are is just on a large mountainous island. It's fairly large and it circles all around Aruba. I landed on another part that was completely vacant. Totally vacant. I was forced to start my own fires, sleep alone, all of that extra stuff. Finally one day, I decided to walk up the mountain to see where it led. When I got up there and seen what I saw, I seen you guys down in the lower part. That's how I walked down and found you guys to show you what I had seen."

"So......we're actually on a circlish island?" Nina asked.

"Yeah. But what really need to figure out is how to get down that cliff..." Cici sighed as she turned around and prepared for sleep.

For a month, we tried to figure out multiple things on how to get down the island. We even tried Jacob's dumb idea on making a rope to get down the mountain, but the rope didn't cover a 4th of the island. We threw notes down the island, we threw sticks, rocks, etc. to get someone's attention, but nothing was working. We all even considered preparing to climb down the mountain, but none of us were brave enough to do it.

Climbing down a slide and climbing down a 1000 foot cliff is a complete difference.

What I also noticed, is that Cierra and Jacob seemed to be becoming a little closer. Cierra often offered to watch Gia on days he wanted to spend some time outside of the house while Adrianne hunted with Lilyana. However, I never thought anything of it. Since I was the only girl on the island who didn't seem to get any type of boy attention, I figured that my jealousy might be leading my thoughts onto another path.

On day 460, Jacob walked into the house to pick up Gia and "pick her up" from Cierra. But when he walked upstairs, he seen her bending down in her bra and panties.

"Oh shit!" Jacob shouted as he covered his eyes.

"Damn, Jacob!" Cierra shouted as she snatched a blanket on the floor, covering up her body.

"I'm sorry, Cierra. I'm sorr.....sorry!"

"Hold on, i'm almost dressed." Cierra scoffed as she finished putting on her clothes.

"Just let me know when you're done." Jacob laughed as Cierra finished putting on her shirt.

"I'm done. Goofball."

Jacob walked upstairs, and smiled as he looked at Gia. Gia was asleep on her stomach, snoring and slobbing on the pillow. Cierra sat on the bed as Jacob slowly sat next to her, and began to rub Gia's back. She was so tired that Gia didn't wake up from the feeling of him touching her back.

"My sweet little baby.." Jacob smiled as he rubbed her back, and tilted his head her way.

"I gave her a full bottle, a small bath, and a little bit of tiger food. She wen't right to sleep." Cierra smiled as Jacob looked up at her.

"You're a great babysitter." Jacob smiled in a silent tone as he looked at Cierra. "I wouldn't prefer anyone else. Not even Kimberly."

"Well, you're a good father." Cierra nodded as she smiled back at him.

Cierra stared at Jacob for a while, and thought that she might be the only one staring at him in a flirty way. However the look that she gave back at her, she knew that the feeling was definitely mutual. She couldn't believe that she was actually liking someone who had a child, two children since he decided to raise Lilyana also. Jacob's smile faded into a serious look as he shook out of his stare, and picked Gia up off of the bed.

"Thanks for watching Gia." Jacob nodded as he gave a bigger smile.

"You're welcome. Anytime."

At the end of day 460, everyone was knocked out as always, and hoping for the daily rescue that we never got. I was asleep, when I felt someone move my shoulder. I woke up and it was Cierra, looking directly over me. That being the first thing I saw when I woke up, I jumped extremely hard as I turned her way.

"Damn, Cierra!" I shouted as I closed my eyes in frustration, and placed my palm over my forehead.

"Shhhhh." Cierra said loudly as she placed her index finger on her mouth, and scrunched her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I whispered.

"I have something to tell you.......about today..."

"Like what?" I growled, not wanting to hear it.

"I think that, me and Jacob might like each other.."

"That's a lie. Jacob likes Adrianne.." I whispered.

"Well, the way we looked at each other told me something different." Cierra whispered back.

"Cierra, I can look at boy in any way. That doesn't mean that I like them." I snarled.

"Sierra, you can tell if a boy likes you or not." Cierra growled. "Just the way that we've been looking at each other since i've been babysitting Gia tells me something different. Everytime he prepares to pick her up, we both will look at each other and start staring each others in the eyes 5 seconds before I decide to leave. I'm not dumb."

"Have you guys had sex yet?" I asked.

"In my head, we have." Cierra chucked.

"Well, you do know that Adrianne is going to kill you, right?" I laughed silently.

"Adrianne doesn't even spend any time with him." Cierra shrugged. "Maybe if she did, she wouldn't have to worry about us."

"eeewaahh." Gia whined from outside of the door.

"Oh shit they're awake!" Cierra whispered loudly as we laid back down. "Act like you're asleep!"

But what we didn't know, is that Adrianne was listening to us outside of her door. Our conversation, infuriated her. However, she decided not to confront Jacob with the evidence yet. She wanted it to become clear before she assumed anything.

Farther into the night, Lilyana, Gia, and Adrianne slept peacefully. However Jacob, laid there forever with his eyes slightly opened. He didn't do anything but think about that cliff that we rested on. Since Cici shown us that hill on that day, he did nothing but thought about nothing but the hill and the hill only. He was thinking of anyway he could do something to go down there, and get help for all of us. But most importantly, his daughter Gia.

And he was about to make the daring decision, of attempting to climb down the trecherous mountain.

Jacob slowly crept out of bed, and snatched a loose nail out of the wooden home. He kneeled down by the lower wall near Gia's crib, and carved the sentence "Going to go get us some help. I love you Gia, Adrianne, and Lilyana." Afterwards, he leaned over the crib and gave Gia and Lilyana a kiss. After walking over to Adrianne's side and giving her a kiss on her forehead as well, he grabbed his rope and made his way outside.

He made the long walk to the back of the woods and took a deep sigh. He climbed up the tall mountain alone, which took him and the rest of us 7 mintutes. Once he got to the top, he took one last look at our beach, then took the first dangerous step over the 1000 ft mountain, and prepared to climb down. He climbed down on the opposite side, and got nautious after looking at the long way down.

"Don't look down. Don't look down."

Jacob slowly continued to climb down and down, making extremely slow progress. He knew that if he went too fast and made one large mistake, it was his ass. He was barely down a 9th of the hill, when his foot knocked off one of the rocks he stepped on, causing him to slip.

"Fuck!" Jacob screamed, echoing off of the mountains.

Before he flew down too far, he gripped onto one rock and dangled off of the mountain or cliff. While he held on for dear life, tears quickly flew down his face knowing that he came close to death in that instant. Now, he was a nervous wreck. Tears continued to stream down his face as he slowly turned around, and looked below him. He wasn't even close to the bottom. All of that climbing down, and he was still near the top of the mountain. With his heart racing and his eyes flooding, he had no choice but to beg for dear life.

"Help me!" Jacob screamed and begged at the top of his lungs, hoping to wake someone on the beach. "Kimberly! Adrianne! Sierra! Somebody! Help me!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 394 15
Takari Kashmere, the baddest, boujeest bitch you would ever meet. You can't top her or her confidence. Ugly bitches just think she cocky. She the pre...
158K 3.6K 61
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
99.6K 1.4K 50
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
339K 10.2K 17
This is the story of 17 year old Nyla who began selling drugs in order to make money. She got tired of being poor, and living in the struggle but soo...