COMPLICATED ↳ JJ MAYBANK | 2

By beepeddie

June March is gone More

( complicated. )
Update
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-five.
sixty-six.
sixty-seven.
sixty-eight.
sixty-nine.
seventy.
seventy-one.
seventy-two.
seventy-three.
seventy-four.
seventy-five.
seventy-six.
seventy-seven.
epilogue.
bonus chapter pt. 1
bonus chapter pt. 2
bonus chapter pt. 4

bonus chapter pt.3

4.8K 139 297
By beepeddie

"Are you comfy baby?" JJ asked, his arms wrapped tightly around June March as they laid together. Her body was stuck to his side, the two of them laying on the ground beside a tree.

"Am I comfy? No, I'm laying in the sand. But you're here so I'm good enough." June said, her eyes closed as she tried to even fathom sleeping. Her mind had been racing all day, and it was only hours before that she had accepted JJs proposal, something that she still couldn't quite wrap her head around. She tried to think of the situation logically, knowing that they were teenagers, 17, and that June's parents would never  let her marry JJ. However people do crazy things when they're in love, and June would do anything to be with JJ for the rest of forever.

"Guys!" A voice whispered from somewhere near them, June opening her eyes as she looked up at JJ. He was looking around  himself, the two of them unable to see anyone from their spot on the ground.  Finally a person came into view, Pope standing in front of the two with a tight smile, his hand covering his eyes as he approached them.

"We're decent." June said with annoyance, rolling her eyes as she pushed herself up using JJs chest. Pope uncovered his eyes warily, being met with the annoyed look on June's face, the Heyward boy lifting an eyebrow as JJ bit back a laugh. "What do you want Pope?"

"We're Uh—nobody can sleep. We're gonna play some games." JJ was up at that, the boy pushing himself off of the ground and pulling June up with him.

"Oh what kind of games?  Mario Kart?" JJ asked, skipping away towards the direction of the fire from earlier. June just shook her head at him, Pope shrugging and sticking his arm out for her. June limped over towards him, her ribs aching ridiculously with every step, Pope seeming to notice and give her an apologetic look.

"Got you pretty good huh?" He said,  June wrapping her arm around his elbow as they started to walk. She sucked in a painful breath, nodding her head as she grimaced.

"It was the machete dude and fucking—uh..." She swallowed her words, not quite wanting to say Rafes name out loud. Pope seemed to already know though, the boy nodding as the group came into view. They had all seemed to have tried to sleep at least, Kie and Tyler letting out loud yawns at the same time, Cleo twirling her knife between her fingers as she talked quietly to Sarah about something. John B and JJ were saying something, both of their faces lighting up when June and Pope came into view.

"There she is! The most prettiest girl in the whole world." JJ said, pressing a kiss to her cheek as he took her off Popes hands. June sent a smile towards John B, the brunettes faltering as he looked at her pained face.

"Why are we out here?" June asked, looking at JJ and John B, the blonde speaking first, excitement in his tone.

"We're gonna play spin the bottle." June's face scrunched up, her eyebrows furrowing ridiculously as she looked at him in confusion. The two boys didn't seem to see the problem, the rest of the group seeming to realize the issue almost immediately. Sarah and June shared a look, both of them looking to the two boys confusedly.

"Oh don't worry baby. I'm gonna sit across from you in the circle so that it lands on me every time." JJ said, giving her a nod and a thumbs up. June shook her head, giving Pope a ridiculous look. The boy just shrugged, rolling his eyes as John B and JJ started to sit in a circle.

"We're all friends her. It's fine." John B said, waving the others over. JJ shuffled around the circle a bit, Pope sitting down beside June, Cleo sitting on her other side as JJ sat directly across from her. He shot her a wink, June shaking her head as she saw how ridiculously wrong this was gonna go.

Once everyone was hesitantly sat in the circle, Kie was the first to speak, her head titling and eyes narrowing as she stared at the sand in front of them.

"So we're playing spin the bottle, but we don't have a bottle." She deadpanned, the two boys sharing a look of surprise as they realized they had forgotten something. June rolled her eyes, going to stand up and walk away. Kie was the one who pulled her back this time, the girl leaning closer and looking at June.

"It's better than nothing." Kie reasoned, giving the girl a tight lipped smile. June rolled her eyes one last time, sitting back down as Tyler came back with a stick, a log more like, sitting it in the middle and giving them all a smile.

"Let's play." Tyler said, his eyes flying to June who was staring at the log in the middle, the girl thinking about how bad of an idea this was. Not only were four of them in a relationship, but two of them were exes, 2 of them were strangers, and all of them we kind of emotionally unstable.

"I'll go first." John B shot forward, his hand going to the log. He gave Sarah a reassuring look, the boy spinning the log. With some strange semblance of luck it actually landed on Sarah, June feeling her heartbeat calm as Sarah smiled at John B. He gave a pointed look to the other boys, getting onto his knees and leaning forwards towards Sarah. She pushed her fingers into his hair, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips before he pulled back, a contented smile on his face.

"I'll go next." Tyler said, raising his hand as they all settled back into their circle. He grabbed at the log, closing his eyes momentarily and wishing very hard for one specific person. June was already staring at JJ across the circle, a grin covering her lips as he exaggeratedly traced over her figure with his eyes. Tyler spun the log, the wood landing on Cleo, making the girl in question groan.

"Whose idea was this?!" She said, shaking her head as she pointed her knife around the circle. Tyler only chuckled, the boy shrugging as he leaned across the circle. Pope bumped June's shoulder, the boy curling his nose up as he gestured to the girl who was refusing to be kissed. Finally Cleo gave in for the sake of the game, Tyler pressing the quickest of kisses to her lips before sitting back and cheering.

"Hell yeah!" He shouted, the circle erupting into laughter as Cleo held her knife up at him. They settled down, June's fingers resting on the log as she looked at JJ. He crossed his fingers, wanting nothing more that to give the prettiest girl a kiss, not one single doubt in his mind that it wasn't going to land on him.

June spun the log, her breath catching in her throat as it turned an unnatural amount of times, her eyes widening when it landed. She was very well aware that it didn't land on JJ, the circle going quiet as June looked up at who it had landed on.

John B stared back at her, the boy finally realizing why exactly this game could be a problem. He cleared his throat, a blush dusting his cheeks as he scratched the back of his neck. Kie, Cleo, Tyler and Pope all began to ooh and ahh at the situation, urging them to kiss...for the sake of the game. June looked to JJ, her eyes wide as he stared back at her, confusion on his face as to how his plan didn't work. He tightened his lips into a straight line, shrugging his shoulders and giving her the permission that she didn't want.

Sarah looked at JJ, and then at June,  her eyes narrowing as John B stared at the girl who he was supposed to kiss. The chants got to them, Sarah just shrugging like JJ, knowing that the two of them would be fine. June crawled across the circle, her nerves building in her stomach as John B gave her a wide eyed look. She sat on her knees in front of him, JJ smiling as he realized it was all in good fun.

"Come on dude!" JJ yelled, his worry melting away as he trusted his best friend and his future wife. June still was nervous, the lump in her throat making it hard to swallow as John B finally lifted his hand, one going to her cheek and knitting into her hair. June felt her stomach stir, unsure of how she felt about this kiss, it was wildly inappropriate, very  questionable consider the two of them were the ones in separate relationships.

The trip to each other's lips was painfully long, both of them hesitating as they leaned in. Finally John B pushed the extra few inches, their lips colliding. June closed her eyes, feeling strange kissing someone who wasn't JJ, she could definitely tell it wasn't him.

John B lifted his other hand, his thumb resting on her cheek as he kissed her. He hated the feeling he got in his stomach, his mind filling with images of June as he fought to think of Sarah. This kiss was definitely not something he needed.  It seemed to drag something out of him that he didn't quite want to know about, his stomach turning  inside out as he  felt her lips on his.

Neither of them exactly pulled away, the kiss remaining as JJ furrowed his eyebrows at them.  He reached forwards, the smile dropping off of his face as he pulled June back, a laugh on his lips.

"Easy there tiger. This ones mine." JJ said, pressing a kiss tot he side of June's head. She smiled up at the blonde, hiding the expression that she truly held, one of guilt for not hating that kiss as much as she thought she would. She didn't have feelings for John B by any means, but it was still strange the way she hadn't been completely repulsed.

John B laughed as well, the boy dropping his arm around Sarah's waist, the blonde girl not quite seeing through his facade. On the inside  he was screaming, because somewhere in that kiss there had  been the desire for more, and he hated himself for it. He fought the butterflies as June gave him another glance, a revelation coming to light in his head as he looked at her.

JJ grabbed the log, the boy giving June another wink as he quick spun it. The stick landed on Kie, June's smile faltering and then falling all together as the Carrera girl  looked up at JJ. The boy gulped, June gulping as well as she felt that familiar hole in her chest, the grip of jealousy grabbing onto her as JJs gaze fixed on Kie. He tore his eyes away from her, his line of vision fixating of June who was quite pale now, her eyes stuck to the sand as she waited for the kiss to just be over. JJ looked back at Kie, the circle silent as they waited for the two to kiss. JJ cleared his throat, sitting back form where he had been crawling across the circle and speaking.

"I think we should play another game. That kiss between JB and my June was a little too hot. I don't wanna stir up any trouble." JJ said, one of the only smart thing he had ever said coming from his mouth. June lifted her eyes from the sand, JJs gaze directed at her as he gave her a lopsided grin, he had seemed to realize that June was uncomfortable with seeing him kiss Kie, so he wouldn't do it. Even though she had nothing to worry about.

"I thought you'd never ask. Let's play tag. Tag you're it." Pope said, jumping across the circle and pushing Cleo. He stood immediately, running off as quickly as possible as the girl stood to follow him.

"I get you Pipe!" She screamed, taking off after him. Kie, Sarah, John B , and Tyler followed soon after, June and JJ staying. She felt a bit of a talk coming on, the girl not quite wanting to reveal her insecurities to JJ. He stood, stepping across the sand and sitting down beside her, their shoulders colliding as she stared down at the ground.

"You know you have nothing to worry about right? I mean I'm stupid but I'm not— I can tell when you're upset." JJ said, looking down at the top of her head as she let out a deep breath.

"I know." She said,  wrapping her arm around his and leaning her head on her shoulder. JJ furrowed his eyebrows, looking down  at her head again and speaking.

"What was that with you and John B? Got something going on that I should know about?" JJ asked, June letting out a chuckle at his words.

"It was just weird cause we're good friends you know. I told you I didn't want to play." June explained, pressing a kiss to his shoulder as they listened to the shouts of the other teens. That was the case for her at least. 

"Next time we'll just start with tag." JJ said, looking out at the ocean with her as they sat in a calm and comfortable silence for a few moments. "Hey."

"Hm?"

"You know I love you right?"  JJ felt the unbearable need to say it, feeling a small twinge of anger run through him as he thought of the slightly bruising on her neck. She hadn't told him what happened yet, but he had an undeniable feeling that he knew exactly who had done that to her.  She would tell him eventually, he knew that.

"I love you too." She said, pulling her arm from his grip and raising her eyebrows at him. He pressed a kiss to her lips, both of them smiling as the butterflies and stampedes and all that bullshit happened until heir stomachs.  "Hey."

"Hm?"

"Tag you're it!"  June said, pushing herself up from the circle and running off like a maniac. JJ sat in the sand for a moment, feeling his heart soar as he watched her run away, realizing how ridiculously lucky he was to have her once again. Finally he pushed himself up, taking off after her and the others.

_________

Maybe one more bonus chapter....maybe.  Maybe just a cute jjune only chapter. Idk . We'll see.

Let me know what you think 😑😑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 5K 74
385K 2.4K 30
jj maybank one shots!
1.8K 10 21
"enemies" to lovers