epilogue.

The eight Pogues all sat around a fire, the boys holding sticks with fish on them, the girls breaking sticks for the fires. June took a seat, her eyes glowing as she stared into the fire, a smile on her face. It had been an interesting half a day, June surprising everyone with her knowledge on how to start a fire, although most of them already knew. There had been many laughs, and JJ had fallen a number of times, the boy insisting on June kissing his wounds every time of course. It had been a hell of a day, and now they were all starting to wind down.

June threw her hair over her shoulder, her eyes trained on Sarah as she said something to her. JJ was walking up from the beach, a mischievous grin on his lips as he got an idea. June felt something wet and slimy drop onto her shoulder the girl squealing as she realized what it was.

"Shit!" She yelled, jumping up from her spot as all of them erupted into thunderous laughter.  She turned around, her eyes falling on a hysterical JJ Maybank, holding a fish in his hand. He gave her a sheepish grin, his own laugh escaping from his lips as he looked at her. It didn't take long for the  anger to take over her, June's face twisting into one of pure rage as her eyes narrowed. JJ seemed to realize this, the boys own eyes widening as June glared at him.

"Hey hey...you calm down no—" The blonde boy took off, throwing the fish in the air and sprinting away from the fire. June was quick to chase him, the others only roaring louder with laughter as they watched June chase JJ. The boy had his arms flailing, shouting at her his apologies as he zigzagged across the beach.

"My moneys on June." Cleo said through her laughs, her face hurting from smiling. There was an array of nods from around the fire, their faces turning red from laughter as they watched June try to tackle the boy. He fell with a scream and a groan, June climbing onto him and pinning him down.

"I got you!" She said through her heaving breaths, JJ looking up at her with wide eyes as she sat on him. He let out a grunt, pushing her off and pinning her down instead.

"No no...I got you." He said, raising an eyebrow at the girl who looked defeated. June rolled her eyes, a smile coming across her lips as she looked up at him. The smile on his face was contagious, he looked as if he had just been told the best news ever, making June's heart soar as she grinned up at him. He used one of his hands to move the hair from her face, his eyes dropping to her lips as they both calmed down.

"I love you." JJ whispered with the deepest sincerity, her eyes lighting up as he said it. June pulled him down by the back of the neck, kissing him tenderly. JJ moved his hands to her waist, helping her sit up as they both indulged in the kiss, the best feeling ever.

"Alright love birds! Get back over here." Sarah yelled from the fire, making the two of them pull away. June pushed JJ away, her hand colliding with his face as she stood up.  She was quick to run back over, blowing JJ a kiss as he started to stand. He watched her all the way back over, his smile never faltering as his heart beat only for her. He looked down, realizing he was the luckiest guy alive as he let out a chuckle. A thought occurred to him, nerves immediately wracking him again as he made a plan and ran with it. JJ walked back over to the fire, looking a nervous wreck as they all laughed about something new. John B was the first to notice, his eyebrows furrowing as JJ cleared his throat.  Nothing to lose.

"Excuse me. Uh...Attention! I have something to Uh... to say." JJ rounded the fire, the boy spreading his arms out as he looked at all of them. They all looked back at him expectantly, the boy running a hand over his face as he turned around to look at June. She gave him a smile, not quite sure what was happening as he just stared down at her, the lump building in his throat. It was now or never.