sixty-eight.

June shot up from the booth, the girl sticking her hand up to stop Rafe from leaving. A plan immediately formulated in her head, the girl rushing into action.

"Wait! Wait Rafe!" June said, the Cameron boy quickly turning to look at her. She looked frantic, her eyes holding a different light as he waited for her to say something. "Rafe I'm sorry okay? I'm just upset. I just wanna go home. I have— I won't complain anymore okay?"

Rafe turned around fully now, the door hanging open behind him. June looked between the open door and Rafe, her eyes wide as she hoped that Tyler would walk past again. He didn't believe her, not really, but he would hear her out.

"What changed?" Rafe asked, his eyebrows furrowing at her mood change. June knew that she had to put her best act on, especially for Rafe. She grabbed his arms, her eyes fluttering up to his as she gave him a small smile.

"I just...I remembered us. All our times together. I may be angry now but I think I can get over it. I'm..." June sucked in a deep breath, feeling the lie build in her throat as Rafe watched her warily. "...I'm ready to accept it."

The instant shock and joy that took over the Cameron boys face made June's heart pang with guilt, she didn't like the way that she had lied. But it was a necessary evil in order for her to get back home. To pull the act together she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly to her and letting out a sigh. Rafe didn't immediately hug her back, his arms at his sides as he realized what was happening. He could feel his heart beating frantically in his chest, he couldn't believe she was hugging him. He remembered the last time they had hugged, so so long ago, and how it had felt just as magical as this.  He felt a twinge of relief go through him, maybe somebody could love him. Finally he wrapped his arms around her, a swift smile sneaking onto his lips as he held the girl that he loved in his arms once again.

June March was looking past him however, her eyes wide as she stared into the hallway. She prayed that Tyler would walk back past, she knew that he had seen her.   He could help her escape, he could get her out of this room. Every boat had a life boat.

Finally she saw a foot come into view, followed by the body of Tyler Sutherland, the wide eyed boy stopping in the hallway and staring at her. June mouthed a 'help me' to him, Tyler furrowing his eyebrows as she pointed at Rafes back. Tyler seemed to connect the dots, the boy nodding as realization came over his face. He gave her a thumbs up, sinking away down the hallway as June pulled back from her and Rafes embrace.

"One thing though." She said, Rafe nodding as he looked at her like a lost puppy.  "I want to see Sarah. I don't want to be in here by myself. At least let me see Sarah." June pleaded, knowing that she had to get Rafe out of here so that Tyler could help her out. The Cameron boy nodded, running a hand through his hair before looking back down at her, his hands still on her waist.

"I-okay. I gotta talk to my dad and then I'll come back to get you." Rafe immediately turned on his heel, knowing that if he spent another moment with June, he wouldn't be able to leave. He disappeared down the hallway, his mind reeling over what had just happened. He closed the door behind him, but the lock didn't click, his mind was too occupied to remember to lock it. Rookie mistake.

Once she knew he was far enough away June ran towards the door, a smile crossing her lips as she opened the door. Tyler was on the other side, the boy pushing her back into the room and closing the door.

"What the hell are you doing on this ship June?" The Sutherland boy asked, his eyebrows furrowed as she looked past him at the door.