thirty.

JJ Maybank stared up at the side of the March home, his chest heaving as he fought with himself about what he was about to do. He could see that the lamp was on in June's room, he knew she was in there. What he was so unsure about was whether or not he would be able to convince her to forgive him, and whether or not he would be able to control his temper. Something about her had been so infuriating since he had found out the truth. Yet he couldn't help but crave her lips on his skin, her fingers in his hair, her legs—he was getting off topic.

JJ inhaled, running a hand through his hair and cursing himself as he began to walk towards the side of the home. He prayed that he wouldn't regret this as he started to climb, trying to keep as quiet as possible. He pulled himself onto the roof outside of her window, crouching as he walked across it so that he couldn't be seen. Finally he stood in front of Junes window, peering inside so that he could see what she was doing.

His cheeks instantly lit up as he caught sight of her, his eyes widening as he watched  her pull a green slip dress on, her purple underwear poking out from the bottom of it. He looked away, his tongue going to the inside of his cheek as he bit back a grin. He scratched the back of his neck before feeling a bit like a creep, his fist lifting to the window as he tapped on the glass.

June jumped inside, her hand flying to her chest as she turned her head to her window. She felt a twinge of something in her stomach when she noticed it was JJ a scowl coming across her lips as he gestured for her to open the window. Her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes narrowing as she trudged across the beige carpet, heading for the window. She tilted her head at him as he stood uncomfortably on the roof, the girl contemplating whether or not she should let him in. She recounted their argument from earlier, remembering exactly what he had said about Rafe and her and also what he had said two nights before. Any normal look would call the police if a Pogue was on their roof.

"What do you want?" June asked, JJs face dropping as he continued to shift on the roof.

"Let me in June." He said, his jaw clenching as his calves started to get tired. "Please." She leaned against the window pane, her dark hair falling over her shoulder as she tilted her head at him, jutting her bottom lip out as she feigned sympathy. Her exposed shoulder caught JJs attention, the boy wanting nothing more than to be inside that room right now.

"And why should I?" June asked through the window, giving him a questioning look. JJ didn't bother answering, instead pushing his fingers against the bottom of the window frame and  pulling up frantically. The window didn't move, June looking at him as if he was an idiot as he continued to try and open the window from the outside. She let out a sigh, her hand lifting ever so slowly towards the lock on the window. She unlocked it, pushing the window open with a scowl and turning away as he climbed in.

"Jesus my thighs are burning. You- you could've unlocked the window just a little bit faster." JJ said, pushing it closed behind him and looking at her back that was turned to him.

"Why are you here JJ? You come to talk shit about my past again? Or-or ask me if I've got a date with Rafe?" June asked, turning around with crossed arms, her bottom lip snagged between her teeth. He shook his head, feeling a twinge of regret as he began to speak again.

"No I-I came to tell you about what happened tonight." It was then that June noticed his peculiar outfit, a blue cap covering his head,  his body covered by a white jumpsuit. The jumpsuit was halfway down,  his upper body covered by a white t-shirt. June's eyes clung to the almost see through fabric,  settling on the way that the sleeves gripped his biceps. She felt a burning start in her stomach but she ignored it, pushing her hair back from her face and sending a  sideways glance towards him.