twenty-two.

June's breath hitched in her throat as JJ looked at her from his branch,  holding a finger up to his lips and instructing her to stay quiet. She laid her head against the wood of the tree branch, closing her eyes as she got a bad feeling in her stomach.  When she reopened her eyes she caught sight of who was there, a gasp falling from her lips  as she saw the familiar blonde down below, a gun gripped in his hand.

Rafe Cameron stood in front of their recently put out fire, his eyes flying around the yard as he looked for the Pogues. He let out a sigh, his face contorting into one of anger as he spoke.

"Where the hell are you?" He asked no one in particular, June clapping a hand over her mouth as her breathing started to pick up. She felt the fear cloud her mind, her hand gripping the wood as she tried not to panic. "I know you're around here somewhere June."

Barry pushed out of the front door of the Chateau, glass breaking as he did so.

"Yo! Anything?"

"No. Aint shit in there bro!" Barry said, shaking his head.

"No? Nothing?" Rafe asked.

"No, nothing Rafe."

"They were obviously just here based off the smoke." Rafe yelled, Barry giving him a dry chuckle.

"Yeah yeah , great observation Boy Scout."

"They're not far, you know?"  There was an urgency in Rafes tone, the sweat dropping off of his forehead as he yelled at Barry. He had to find them, he had  no choice.

"Smokey the bear! Look at you!"

"They gotta be around where somewhere." Rafe said, turning around, his eyes catching onto something carved into the tree.

"P4L." Barry said, Rafe pointing the gun towards the tree, a laugh leaving his lips.

"Well shit." Rafe said, letting out another laugh as he pointed at the carving.

"So your sisters a Pogue for life, huh, Rafe? Now who would've thought?" Barry said,  Rafes smile dropping. He stared at the tree, contemplating what to do before finally deciding.

"Shit!" He screamed, June jumping at the sound of his voice. Her lip started to tremble in fear as Rafe  lifted the gun. He shot it, the bullet going into the  wood and then Barry grabbed his arm, Rafe pulling the trigger again. The bullet whizzed past them all, hitting the wood of the branch JJ was hidden behind. June held her hand over her mouth again, trying not to cry out as she expected them to get caught almost immediately.

"Hey! Rafe chill! Chill your shit! Chill out! You're gonna get our asses busted dawg! Let's bounce! Let's bounce! Let's go!" Barry said, pushing Rafe towards the car.  After a few minutes they were gone, June being the first one to drop down from the tree.  She ran towards where Rafe had come from, checking to make sure  their car was gone before waving for the rest of them to come down.

"Holy shit." June whispered under her breath, the girl holding a hand to her chest as she thought of what could've happened. He was after them and out to kill them, and there was no denying that.

When JJ dropped from the tree she ran over, grabbing him and checking him for any wounds. He was fine, an angry look on his face as he looked at the girl.  He had heard what Rafe had said, his question as to where June was exactly. He immediately started to speak, the words slipping out of his mouth before he could even stop them.