bonus chapter pt. 2

2 YEARS EARLIER

:::

June March had a peculiar look on her face. Not only had she been wasted for the past hour , but she was being hit on by some random guy at the party her friends dragged her to. Given the fact that she was 14 and she was quite sure this man was at least a full legal adult, she was looking for an out to this conversation. Speaking of friends, they had all abandoned her, most of them going off to talk to guys or get drunk, June being the one that was left behind.

"Do you wanna dance?" The guy shouted above the music, June giving him a tight lipped smile as she looked around for any sign of anyone she knew. She knew a lot of people, but she was looking for someone she could trust.

Her eyes widened as she felt a hand touch her waist, her lips parting as the guy pressed closed, starting to dance with her. June tried to step away, the girl pushing his chest as she struggled. He didn't seem to get the memo, sipping his drink and ignoring her attempts to flee. June once again looked forward someone she knew, her eyes wide as she realized no one was paying attention. She was 14, and she did not want to dance with this guy.

"I don't really wanna dance!" June shouted, a nervous chuckle leaving her lips as the guys hands tightened on her waist. He seemed to just ignore her,  swaying her back and forth as she started to get a little scared. One of her first parties and she was already  hating it.

"Here have another drink!" The guy shouted, pushing a cup into June's hand. His eyes boring into hers as she held the cup, a lump growing in her throat as she tried to  think of a way to refuse.  She shook her head, the guy continuing to insist as the room continued to spin around her. This was not a  good situation.

"Hey buddy, I don't think she wants the drink!" June heard from a third party, her head turning as she looked at who it was. Her eyes widened as she saw her rescuer,  her eyebrows furrowing at the sight of her brothers best friend, Rafe Cameron.  The guy turned to look at him too, shaking his head as Rafe gave the guy a pretty serious look.

"I don't think  you speak for her! She seems like she wants the drink."  The guy argued back, his hands squeezing June's waist as she looked at Rafe pleadingly. He grabbed her by the arm, pulling her from the guys grip as she stumbled over to him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, his hand resting lazily on her collarbone and making her feel just a tad bit more sober.

"Well when grown ass men are all over my friends 15 year old sister, I'm pretty sure I have some say in what's going on."  Rafe said, the guys eyes widening as he realized how old she was. He stared at her for a minute, weighing his options before finally waving the two of them off, disappearing into the crowd. Rafe watched him until he was out of sight, the boy pushing a hair from his face as he turned to look at June.