forty-five.

The night had been long, June having stayed up for as long as she could, but so much had happened in one night that she was exhausted mentally and exhausted physically. JJ had stayed with her the entire night, rubbing her back as she cried, holding her hand when she spoke and letting her lay on him when she was tired.

Mr. and Mrs. Roberts had left early in the morning, they had been in his hospital room all night. They had cast a look towards June who was asleep on JJs lap, giving the boy a nod as they left. That had been about two hours before June had awoken.

JJ had been looking down at her for half the night, his eyes taking in the sight of her, all of her and just how much he loved her. Every time she took a breath he could feel his heart swell and it was as if every time she breathed he started to love her more. Her face had remained red and puffy for awhile, but eventually it was only her cheeks and nose that were tinted that bright pink shade, making him smile at how cute she looked. Her light snoring against his stomach had made him laugh, he could almost forget that she was hurting and worried when she was asleep. He figured he had stared at her for hours now, but something about her...he just couldn't pull his eyes away.

June stirred in JJs lap,  a groan leaving her lips as she stretched out across him. He dropped his hand onto her stomach, letting her know that he was there. For a split second June forgot everything that has happened in the last day, the last month, a smile coming across her lips at the prospect of a new day. But then she heard the wheels of a cart whirring by, the sound of beeping somewhere, and she instantly remembered where she was.

Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled up at the sight, JJ looking down at her, the sun casting beautiful rays across his face and lighting his face up in an ethereal way. He was petting the top of her head as she laid on his lap, a smile etched into his face as he returned the thoughts about just how utterly breathtaking she was.

"Kiss me." June whispered, her eyebrows quirking upwards as she pushed out her lip.  JJ chuckled, his lips covered in a smile as he looked at the girl who was now giving him puppy dog eyes.

"If you insist." JJ said, leaning down and pressing a kiss to her lips. June took a breath of relief as he did, feeling the butterflies flutter through her stomach and chest, making her feel much much better. She pulled away first, pecking his lips again before sitting up from his lap.

She stood, stretching her arms over her head as JJ watched her, the boy finally stretching his own legs out after he had supported her for half the night.

"What time is it?" The brunette asked, her eyes squeezing shut as she stretched one last time. JJ sighed from his spot, pulling his phone out of his pocket and then putting it back in a moment later, his  mouth opening to give her an answer.

"Its visiting hours now. I got Zachs room number if you want to visit." JJ said, watching at June swallowed. She was nervous to see Zach, she didn't know what state he would be in, or if he would even want to see her. She gulped again, nodding her head as JJ went to stand.

After talking to the nurse on duty June was granted permission to visit Zach, her heart beating frantically as she was guided down the hallway and towards the room her was in. She had left JJ in the waiting room, the boy insisting on letting her get some alone time with the Roberts boy. 

June's heartbeat was in her throat when the nurse opened the door, tears immediately springing to her eyes as she saw Zach, a bandage on his head, his leg in a cast and hooked up to a few machines. The steady beeping of the heart monitor made her breathe out in relief, he looked to be sleeping. June felt that familiar guilt bubble in her chest, biting the inside of her cheek as she tried to forget about the trauma that Rafe had caused again.