seventy-one.

When it became too hot June had detached from JJ, their sweat mixing together not quite making them like each other more. June instead was determined to find somewhere cool in the giant crate, leaving JJ and Kie to themselves. The March girl had been sitting in many different places in the last 7 minutes,  each spot seemingly hotter than the last one.

"I've been thinking, when all this is over and we're just rolling in the dough, I'm gonna get a new board. I'm gonna deck it out, and I'm gonna go on a surf trip." JJ broke the silence, June stopping in her spot as she listened to him from where she was sitting. He was talking to Kie,  the conversation started making June listen to what he had to say.

"I don't know where, but, like the worlds calling. I don't know.  Name a place." JJ said, gesturing to Kie. She let out a sigh before answering.

"Spain."

"Then after Spain, South America or South Africa."  June furrowed her eyebrows at his plan, a small smile coming onto her lips as she listened to his dreams.

"You'll go to South Africa?"

"One of the  South places. And then Micronesia maybe, and then... and just ride. Wherever the wave takes you, you know?" JJ finished, June deciding to round the corner.

"So that's the plan if we were to get a ton of cash?" June stopped again, wanting them to finish their talk before she butt in. "That's the dream? Surf trip?"

"Ripping jungle break all day long. Bamboo hut, cooking a fish on a fire, and after that  you go back out and just hit the waves again." June could hear the smile in his voice, her heart warming as she listened to him speak so passionately about his hope for the future. "That's the dream."

"Sounds perfect." Kie whispered.

"Yeah." JJ agreed.

"Got room for one more?" This question made June's breath stop in her throat, the smile dropping from her lips. She was quickly reminded of what she knew about Kie and how she felt about JJ. The blonde boy chuckled in disbelief, his face going serious as he realized she was serious. JJ instantly thought of June, wondering if she would be okay if Kie went with them on their surf trip.

"You got your passport?" Junes heart dropped as he didn't deny her, although she didn't know why he would, they were friends.She felt the green slimy hand of jealousy grip when, the girl pressing her back against the metal as she continued to listen.

"You don't have a passport."

"Hell no I don't have a passport. Kookiest thing ever. I bet June has her passport which works out for us because if she's got one then it can cover all of us right?"

"No that's not how—"

"Hey! Hey open it!" Pope said from outside of the crate. JJ was quick to open the grate, June rounding the corner now and giving the two a sideways glance. She helped Pope through, grabbing his arms as he came in face first. He thanked her as she helped John B through, the boy patting her on the head as she gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Okay put the grate back on." Kie said, lifting it  back towards the window. John B stopped her though, Kie looking at him in confusion.

"Hold it."

"No we gotta put it back." Another person peeked their head into the hole, June gasping as she saw who it was. Cleo.