fifty-two.

June March was sat on a bench, her hands gripping a stick as she held a marshmallow in the fire. JJ was sat down the on the other bench, the boy plopping down beside Pope while Kie and June shared a bench with John B.

"I've had enough black eyes in the last month to last a lifetime." Pope said, pushing his own stick into the fire. June laughed at that, turning her marshmallow and giving a nod.

"I've had enough concussions in the last month to be dead." June said, all of them laughing at the truth behind her words. John B spoke, all their heads turning to him.

"Let's see...when Zach pushed you, when you fell off the roof, when JJ punted a beer can into the side of your head... yeah you're pretty much a goner." John B furrowed his eyebrows, a small smile coming over his lips as he spoke once more. "Not to mention when you got shot, when you got cut by Cleo, when you literally drowned—Damn June you need to be more careful."

"As if that's an option JB."  June said, raising her eyebrows and pulling the marshmallow back and taking a bite of it off the stick.  She held the stick out towards JJ, the boy eating the rest and giving the girl a marshmallow covered smile.

"Okay but you punching that girl in the face tonight. Fucking badass Juneypoo." JJ said, John B gasping from beside her.

"I'm sorry JJ but Juneypoo is my thing. Find your own." John B said, holding his hand up to the blonde boy and curling his lip up in disgust.

"Boys boys. Please." June joked, standing from her spot and heading towards the chateau to use the bathroom.

"That was building up for years. Rumble in the jungle." JJ said, as he looked back at June who was disappearing through the door. June walked towards the fridge, opening the freezer and grabbing a bag of frozen peas out, the girl pressing it against her knuckles as she headed towards the bathroom. She did her business quickly, the girl checking her hair and smiling at herself in the mirror before heading back out towards the fire. She pushed the door to the Chateau open, the girl accidentally dropping the bag of peas on the floor, bending down to grab them.

"Oops I dropped my—" She was quick to stop talking when an arm wrapped around her bicep, a hand pulling her down the porch and towards the small group. She followed the hand to  the body and then the face, her eyebrows furrowing as she realized Tyler was the one pulling her across the yard.

It was then that June noticed the Limbrey guy standing in front of the small group of Pogue. JJ was holding a metal pole in his hands, the guy giving a relieved smile as he noticed June had finally come out.

"There we go! The gangs all here." The man said, June ripping her arm out of Tyler's grip and crossing her arm over her chest. JJ sent a look back at her, a worried expression on his face as his hands tightened around the metal rod.

"Now this can go hard, or this can go easy. You know what I'm here for." The guy spun around, showing that he had no weapons on him as he approached the teens. June looked over to Tyler, the boy refusing to catch her eye as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Let me give you a little demonstration. You see that swing? I got the best bow hunters in the Army Rangers with me. With me. Hidden." JJ nodded at this, not quite believing him as he stepped closer to the swing. JJ grabbed one of the ropes, nodding his head once more as the guy whistled. An arrow whizzed past JJs favs, sticking into the tree by June's head and making all their eyes widen in surprise. JJ shook his head in disbelief, looking over at the man again as he spoke.