twenty-seven.

June was immediately regretting her decision as the truck pulled up, her eyes closing in disappointment at herself before she reopened them.

"Get in." Zach Roberts called, his voice overly ecstatic. The boy had no idea that June was even alive, let alone not in jail. He couldn't help the smile on his face and the relief in his heart as she climbed into the truck, a worried look on her face. "June I can't believe you're-"

"I know Zach. Listen, I need to get to the courthouse as soon as possible. John B has been caught and I-I need to be there for him." June pleaded with him, Zachs eyes widening as he nodded along to her words. He put the truck in gear, taking off through. Figure Eight as quickly as possible.

"How are you still alive? I don't- I don't understand. JJ-"

"Our boat flipped but we survived. Well...they survived. But I got brought back to life. And then we all made it back here like yesterday. But Rafe- Rafe was after us and he came and he shot the gun and then he recanted his statement and I went home and then my parents put me on house arrest  and-"

"June! Calm down! You're talking way to fast and I don't understand any of it. Why did JJ come get you?" Zach  asked, his eyebrows twitching up as he watched her face drop. June could tell why he was asking, and she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that they had broken up.

"Because he's already there. And you're on my side of the island."  She said, scratching the back of her neck as she lied. It then occurred to her that JJ would in fact be there...making her stomach turn as she thought of having to face him. Not only that but she would have to explain to them why she was there and not in jail too. Which meant that she would have to talk about Rafe, something that she was dreading even bringing up at all. But JJ would find it hilarious, shaking his head and giving her a ridiculous unfunny laugh. She could see it already.

"Wait did you say that Rafe recanted his statement?" Zach asked, June having forgotten that she said that. "Why would he do that?" Zach asked, June's eyes widening. During the course of her and Zachs whole relationship she had never mentioned her and Rafe, so telling him now would be stupid. Instead she just shrugged, running a hand through her clean hair and sighing.

"I don't know. I assume he wants something in return." She said, not exactly lying. She was still skeptical about the whole 'he did it for her' thing, she was almost sure there was more behind it. Ward would never let Rafe change the story like that unless it had something that could benefit him.

The rest of the ride was silent, Zachs heart beating rapidly in his chest every time he looked over at June. She looked beautiful, although the worry on her face made her frown. He couldn't believe that she was alive, and not only that, but that she asked him to help her. He missed his girlfriend, sure, but he also missed one of his closest friends as well.

When they pulled up outside of the courthouse she was quick to jump out, making her way towards the doors that were closed, her heart beating rapidly as she approached them. Zach stayed behind, running a hand through his hair as he sat in his truck, wondering what the hell was going on.

June approached the door quickly, her hands pressing against the wood as she heard the speaking from inside. There was no going back now. She pushed the dark brown door open, the door creaking loudly as she did so, making all eyes turn to her. She stepped inside, whispers erupting from everywhere in the room as she stood in the doorway for a moment. She scanned the room for the Pogues, her eyes falling on all their confused faces as she stood there. She started the walk towards them, the whispers crash down around her like waves as she walked by. She caught John Bs eye, his orange jumpsuit jumping out at her as she sucked in a  breath. He also looks confused, wondering how she could come in here and not be arrested.