sixty-one.

When the truck came to a halt June felt her heartbeat stop in her chest, her breath diminishing as she realized her new temporary  location would soon be taken away from her. The small glimmer of comfort she had found in the back of the truck was surely about to be ripped away, especially when Rafe was waiting on the other side for her. She stood, gripping the pole she had found in her hand as she stepped towards the door. The truck abruptly backed up, June falling into the door and dropping the bar, her eyes straining to see where it went as she leaned down to try and find it. When the truck stopped again, she was defenseless.

She had only moments to decide whether she was going to attack, or try to flee, or try to hide, but before she could decide the doors lock was being fiddled with, June's breaths shallow as she tried to catch onto something that would make her panic less. She was unsure what to expect when the door opened, her mind racing with endless possibilities of where they could have taken her, but when the door opened, she only saw Limbrey, the girls blood boiling immediately.

"Whats she doing here?" Limbrey asked as her eyes fell on the angry and terrified teenaged girl. Renfield came into view, his eyes narrowing as he pulled the gun from his pocket, pointing it at June.

"Now you come outta there real slow. No quick movement." Renfield said, June staring at the metal of the gun, her eyes wide. Rafe finally came into view, the boy pushing the gun down from Renfields hand, his eyebrows furrowed as he shook his head at the man.

"Put your gun down." Rafe said with his teeth grit, getting in Renfields face, June looking at him as if he was insane, considering he was the one who literally kidnapped her. She pressed her back against the furthest part of the truck that she could, trying to put as much space between them as she could. Rafe stood at the edge of the truck, his head tilting as he looked at the scared and panicking June, his eyes wide as he once again realized what he had done.

His eyes lowered to the cross, Rafe and Renfield pulling it out of the truck and carefully placing it down.

"I don't believe it."  Limbrey said, her attention no longer on June and just on the cross now.

"Told you I'd get it for you didn't I?" Renfield said, a relieved sigh on his lips as he felt happy that he was out of her control. He had kept his promise.

"You said you would and...and you did." Limbrey said, all of them watching as she spoke. June sucked in a breath, taking this as her chance to make a run for it, considering Rafe was too focused on the Limbreys to be looking at her.

"Before we do this I just wanna  remind you of the deal okay?" Rafes voice filled the air,  his eyes stuck to Limbrey. June worked up the rest of her courage, the girl running as fast as she could and jumping off the side of the truck. They all turned to look at her as she let out a pained groan, the girl immediately taking off out of the warehouse. Unfortunately Rafe was fast, faster than her, the boy grabbing her and pulling her back by the waist, June letting out a yell as he did.

"Now we cant—we cant have you running away June. Now can we?" Rafe said, pulling the struggling girl back to where Limbrey and Renfield were, the two of them having their eyes stuck on June.

"If she's gonna be here, you need to keep her under control. I don't exactly know what that situation is but it has nothing to do with this. This cross—"

"She won't be bothering you. June. June! Shut the hell up!" Rafe said, putting his arm around her neck, June's hands once again flying up to his arm as she tried to get his grip off of her. "Stop! Stop!" Rafe said as she pulled frantically at his arm, Limbrey taking slow steps towards the cross.