ten.

June awakened with a heaving gasp, her back aching in legitimate pain as she tried to catch her breath. Her hands went to her stomach as she gasped, tears stinging her eyes as she looked up at the night sky. She was unsure where she was, what was happening, and why she was on the ground.  It took a few more moments before she remembered that she  was at Paradise Island,  they were running from cops, and she had fallen off of the roof.  No more going rogue.

She laid there in pain for only a few more moments, the girl rolling over and pushing herself up. She coughed as she did so, her body telling her no as she struggled to get up.

"Fuck." She wheezed out, finally getting to her feet. She bent over, putting her hands on her knees and letting out another loud cough, trying her best to regather herself. Finally she managed, the girl taking a few cautionary steps before leaning against a tree for a moment.

June listened to the grunts coming from around the corner, her feet stumbling across the ground as she spotted John B, the boy being beaten by two guards. She sucked up whatever strength she could muster, reaching down and grabbing a rock from the ground. She held it in her right hand, taking one last breath before running toward the guards. She hit one with the rock, the guy falling over as June tried to push the other one away. Instead the one she hit with the rock stood back up, grabbing her under the arms and throwing her to the ground.

"June!" John B yelled, trying to fight the grip of the guard that was on him.  Two more guards appeared out of seemingly nowhere, both of them reaching down and grabbing June. She fought against their grip, one of them holding her arm behind her back and the other pushing her forwards.

John B and June were thrown down beside each other, the four guards holding up guns to the two teens on the ground. One stepped forwards, pulling June up by the hood so that she was sitting in a crouched position beside John B. She started to feel darkness pull at her,  the urge to fall unconscious again becoming quite prominent.

"Who's calling Mr.Cameron?"

"I got video going." The guards discussed, the mention of the Cameron man making June's blood boil. She spared a glance in John Bs direction, a tight lipped smile coming across her face as she realized they had both been caught. There was no getting away now. The last person that needed to see the two of them alive was Ward Cameron, it would ruin everything.

June listened as Ward requested to look at the two of them, June not quite wanting to show her face. She looked at John B, her eyes wide as she thought of how to get out of this. There was nothing, no way.  Ward continued to yell through the phone, one of the guard grabbing June by the face and pulling her head back. A moment later the sprinklers cut on, June shielding her face as she was sprayed.  The guards scrambled to get the water off, the phone losing connection as the water soaked into it.

Finally the guard got the sprinklers off, June sitting back on her heels as she felt a deep pain enter her spine. She felt the urge to pass out once again, knowing that with her luck, she was concussed.

"What is going on?" They all heard a voice, Sarah coming around the corner, a canister of  bug spray in her hand.  June felt a little relief as she saw her, even though they were all still in a  bad situation.

"Who are you?" The guards questioned, their guns pointing to Sarah as John B looked over at June who looked on the verge of unconsciousness. "Hey hold it right there."